Bebe Rexha

zachi

On 12/19/2020 at 7:56 PM, hebebigchubby444 said:

I Really Love bebe because she is just herself. She Does not try and stay a certain weight to "fit in" to trends. she is a real role model.

While I wish you were right, I fear the reality is more complicated. You’ll see scattered throughout this thread lots of evidence through the years of Bebe trying (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) to lose weight, or grappling emotionally with her fluctuating size, or choosing slimming clothes or angles, or apologizing for or explaining her gains because of her appetite, medicine side effects, etc.

Of course, she often talks the body posi talk, too, and never stops performing, much to her credit. But she’s a woman in this world and a celebrity woman no less, so she’s subject to some of the worst pressures to lose weight and keep it off. Her body positivity is stronger than many others’, but at the end of the day it’s fickle and fragile, too. She lacks the right conditions, the right support networks, the right personal commitments to truly be a thoroughgoing body positivity or body liberation role model. I fear the lesson she might teach to many is that body positivity is a way to save face when you’ve gained weight, but that the right thing to want and to do in the long run is to lose weight.

14 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

While I wish you were right, I fear the reality is more complicated. You’ll see scattered throughout this thread lots of evidence through the years of Bebe trying (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) to lose weight, or grappling emotionally with her fluctuating size, or choosing slimming clothes or angles, or apologizing for or explaining her gains because of her appetite, medicine side effects, etc.

Of course, she often talks the body posi talk, too, and never stops performing, much to her credit. But she’s a woman in this world and a celebrity woman no less, so she’s subject to some of the worst pressures to lose weight and keep it off. Her body positivity is stronger than many others’, but at the end of the day it’s fickle and fragile, too. She lacks the right conditions, the right support networks, the right personal commitments to truly be a thoroughgoing body positivity or body liberation role model. I fear the lesson she might teach to many is that body positivity is a way to save face when you’ve gained weight, but that the right thing to want and to do in the long run is to lose weight.

Booooring!! I just want to see her fat ass!!!

1 hour ago, Luv4pears said:

Booooring!! I just want to see her fat ass!!!

I mean, you and me both, dude. But there's a lot of wishful thinking on here about celebs' and model's embrace of self-love and fatness, and usually I can't help from writing something to counter that.

But in the spirit of your eloquent request, here's a few more pics from late November. Look at those hips and thighs...

american-music-awards-arrivals-los-angeles-california-usa-shutterstock-editorial-11029240ba.jpg

american-music-awards-arrivals-los-angeles-california-usa-shutterstock-editorial-11029240aw.jpg

the-american-music-awards-show-los-angeles-california-usa-shutterstock-editorial-11029324jt.jpg

the-american-music-awards-show-los-angeles-california-usa-shutterstock-editorial-11029324jq.jpg

the-american-music-awards-show-los-angeles-california-usa-shutterstock-editorial-11029324ji.jpg

american-music-awards-los-angeles-united-states-shutterstock-editorial-11029350q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • maybejames changed the title to Bebe Rexha