Girlfriends weight perspective

lamond22

She just told me she has put on 15 pounds.  She did mention that she was not going to gain any more.  I really said nothing and didn’t react.  We went shopping and said they had none in her size but would try a larger one.  She came out and said that a few outfits made her feel like the Michelin man.  She is must softer and looks great.  Still headed in the right direction and been buying her lots of new clothes which she seems to be wearing more than anything else.  Being supportive and not pressuring.   There has definitely been a shift.

• 3 weeks later...

Supporting and not pressuring is the key. My fiancée said multiple times in the past "Okay, but this is the fattest I'm willing to get," and then would gain 5 pounds and say "Okay but really this time, this is my limit now..." and on etc. etc. It's all about the girl slowly and cautiously letting go of society's preconceived notions about weight.  She more you support her, the higher weight she'll be comfortable with.

Well.... she said she reached her limit.  This is the third time she has said this but she has hit a weight that is uncomfortable for her, but that she knows I love.  It’s interesting because she knows I’d support her at any weight.  I’m enjoying myself during this too.  Put on 10 myself

On 2/12/2018 at 10:42 PM, lamond22 said:

This is the third time she has said this but she has hit a weight that is uncomfortable for her, but that she knows I love.

If I had a nickel for every time my fiancée told me she didn't intend to gain any more than she already has... And then continued her unhealthy lifestyle and gained another 5 pounds without noticing... And then had the same conversation again... And repeat 😂

• 1 year later...

It's helpful to verbalize what she loves to solidify and push her to enjoy more of the specific things putting weight on her. It's the lifestyle and indulgence that's important, not the weight.

The weight will naturally pile on as she becomes more self-aware that she can't give up those certain things – they're often what make her the happiest. She's earned the right to enjoy those things. She needs more of them. More nights out. More time to lay around. Whatever her "vice" is. She should feel like she's earned the right to live that way. She's a hard worker, great spouse who had a long day. She'll become more accepting of being totally fat once she's convinced it's totally worth it and there's no turning back because the lifestyle that turns one fat is actually what she deeply loves. You only live once, and she can't give up those treats that mean so much to her.

3 hours ago, BindsThatTie said:

It's the lifestyle and indulgence that's important, not the weight.

Sure, have fun with the comfort food.  A helluva event once it's normalized though not every day to lose its novelty.  Appreciate your thoughts, I'll definitely check for your notifications and see the site once in a while :)

hearing a lady complaining about her weight belly or recent gain , talking about dieting is a big turn off for sure, but two things can happen that are a positive. either she diet is postponed by any kind of event, or it is a brief effort. which is delightful. or... it never starts. or ... she says, monday diet its on and she has a big eating weekend, only to wake up on monday not feeling like dieting but probably a bit bigger from the binging,