Hanna and Gretel by Maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon

Note to readers:

This is not a feel good story, so readers beware. Also I have provided 3 endings. #1 and #2 start the same but finish quite differently. I think you will figure out where the inspiration came from.

Hanna and Gretel

Chapter  1

Hanna looked over at her twin sister and whispered. “Hurry up and finish, she went out the back.”

Gretel looked up and mumbled. “I’m eating as fast as I can; but I’m still hungry. Maybe we can order something else….?”

Hanna grabbed her wrist and shook her head. “Is that all you think about- food?” Then, she looked at her sister’s plump form. “Silly question”, as she lowered her voice. “Look dummy, we can’t pay for this already, time to scram.” She looked out and there were a couple patrons still in the room. Tough to do a dine-n-dash, without someone spotting them. In particular, the deputy sheriff slurping his coffee and munching away on a burger, made it doubly dangerous.

Gretel blanched. “What are we going to do?”

Hanna reassured her. “Easy. Go to the ladies. I’ll follow in a sec.”

Hanna came in, finding Gretel on the verge of tears. “Now what?”

Her sister pointed to the window. “There’s our exit. Help me get it open and I’ll boost you out. Then you help me.” The window was high and small; but with her sister’s help, Gretel squeezed nearly all the way. But not quiteall. Her hips had become wedged firmly in the frame and she couldn’t move in or out.

Hanna groaned in exasperation. “I knew I should have gone first and left you here. Why did you have to be so fat?”

She heard a muffled argument. “I am not fat. I’m big boned.”

Despite the predicament Hanna laughed. “We’re twins remember. Pull the other one.” As if on cue, Gretel gave a yelp and suddenly she was out. “Good girl, right behind you.” Hanna clambered out and found herself face-to-face with the aforementioned deputy.

He was picking his teeth while looking scornfully on the would-be deadbeat diners. “Lost your way girls?” the deputy offered. “Let me show you the way to the cash register.”

The trio entered to find the waitress, who’d obviously caught on to their scheme. “Well girls. I’ll forget the tip, but you ate a lot of food.” (The pair had each wolfed down a burger, fries, apple pie and a milk shake.)“Total’s....$26.50. Who’s buying?”

The pair looked at the outstretched hand. Gretel began to weep softly. Hanna sighed and finally confessed. “I’m embarrassed to say we don’t have any money, ma’am.”

The older woman raised an eyebrow. “Really? I’m not surprised, judging from the look of you. I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt.”

Hanna began to weep as well. “We were desperate-we’d not eaten in 2 days.”

The older woman’s sharp demeanour changed slightly, but the deputy broke in. “Well, you’ll get baloney or mac and cheese where you’re going. Come on, let’s go.”

“Wait” the waitress said. “Tell me more. Who are you and why did you end up like this?”

Hanna blurted out. “My dad and mom split up and he ended up marrying his new....“secretary”. She’s a year younger than we are. Anyway, she kicked us out last week and we were trying to get to my mom’s. It’s 1000 miles and bus fare used up all our money. We still have a ways to go.”

The older woman indicated her scorn at that. “Hmph. How old are you?”

“22.” The two girls piped out in unison.

“Well that’s too old to be running off to mama, anyway. Perhaps you need to get jobs.”

Gretel smiled “That’s what Mandy said.”

“Mandy?”

Hanna explained “Our so-called step mom.”

The waitress crossed her arms and sighed. “This is actually my place, but I’m getting old. Need some help around here.  Probably should have my head examined, but I’ll give you both a try. You need to work off what you ate, at least.”

The deputy looked at the plumper twin and snickered. “In more ways than one, I’d say.”

The waitress went over and clipped his ear. “Douglas, I’ll not have such sass from you. Now git. I’ll look after this.”

The deputy reddened and pouted. “Ma-don’t do that in public. I’m a sworn official and it’s embarrassing.”

“Ma” simply offered. “There’s a couple pounds of bacon in the cooler. Take it and let yourself out the back way. Now shoo, before I change my mind. As for you two. Come back in.” She looked the pair over and offered. “Sorry about that. You must still be a bit hungry. I’ll fix you something special.”

Hanna shook her head. “Maybe later. We are pretty full.” Gretel pouted at that remark, but her sister’s glare kept her quiet.

“Oh.” Ma said “Well, have a shake.” They both stuck out their hands in response. “No-not that silly. Milkshakes. If you’re going to put in a days work, you need to have energy.” Then she looked at Hanna. “My word girl how do you cope? You’re so thin, I can practically see right through you. Your sister is healthy looking, but we gotta feed you up a bit. You’re nothing but skin and bones.” It was true. Hanna weighed barely 100 pounds and her 30AA-18-33 frame looked more appropriate on a junior high student than a 22-year-old woman.

Hanna snorted. “Everyone says that. I’m fine the way I am.”

Ma frowned. “Not to me you aren’t honey. Bad advertising to have a cook looks like she ate her last meal 6 months ago. I can’t use you like that.”

“Cook?”

“Cook. I’m not letting you out here like that. I’d lose every customer I have. Your sister on the other hand, will be a great waitress. People see her, they’ll think the foods fine.”

Gretel pouted as Hanna stifled a giggle. “What’s that supposed to mean? Are you saying I’m fat?”

Hanna looked skyward. “Everyone says you’re fat. ‘Cause its true. Duh.”

The older woman frowned at Hanna’s rudeness. “How much you weigh?” Gretel mumbled. “145.”

Hanna pointed and shouted. “Ha! In high school maybe.”

The older woman offered. “I’ve been here a long time. I’m no lightweight either. Haven’t seen the light side of 250 pounds in oh, lets just say ages.”

Ma led the two into the kitchen, went to the back and pulled out a waitress dress and a white cook’s uniform.  She handed the white outfit to Hanna. “You can change first. Ladies room should be free. We’ll wait here.” She needn’t have mentioned just in case you don’t come back.

Chapter 2

Soon as the door swung shut Ma pulled Gretel into the pantry. “You can change here.” Gretel was embarrassed but stripped off her sweater and jeans and put on the waitress dress. At least she tried. The cotton shift was much too small and would not button up.

“Oh” Ma said. “I seem to have picked the wrong size. Let’s have a look. Do you know your measurements?”

“Well, my bra is a 40E but it’s tight. Rest is a bit out of date.”

“Well let’s get that corrected. Ma looked in the junk drawer and offered. “Ah there you are.” She pulled out a dressmaker’s tape and measured Gretel’s vital statistics. Hips. 45”. Waist-31”. Bust 41”.

She pinched Gretel’s upper arm, belly and thigh, then finally patted her puffy cheek with a smile. “You are a delightfully plump young lady.”

Gretel pouted. “I’m ugly. Nobody will ever want me. You don’t need to rub it in.”

“On the contrary. I think you are very attractive. I’m happy to have you here, in fact.” She pinched Gretel’s soft belly again and paused to offer “In any case, wouldn’t call you fat-you are just feminine. I’m guessing 180 maybe.”

“170” Gretel corrected as Hanna walked in, blurting “I knew it.” Gretel countered “Well at least I have boobs like a real woman.” She cupped them and swayed back and forth. “These b**s are up to 41E now.”

Hanna stuck out her tongue. “Well at least they got out the window. But this didn’t.” She spanked her sister’s butt playfully. “Your engine’s pulling a pretty big caboose lately. Proud of that too?”

The older woman finally gestured them to be quiet. “Enough. I’ll employ you, but I’m not refereeing your childishness. If you are going to do that, I’ll call Deputy Doug to come get you.”

The pair snickered a bit at the deputy’s name; but the look on the older woman’s face showed she meant business. She disappeared out back and came back with a size 18 waitress uniform for Gretel. “What are your names?” The girls introduced themselves, telling her they were twins.

“Oh, I’d never have known. My eyes aren’t what they used to be. That’s why I’m glad for some help. You can call me Ma. Everyone else does. Now, about those shakes.” She held out a small sample to Hanna. “Try this. So far, everyone has said they are irresistible.”

Hanna sulked but tried the proffered spoonful. She smacked her lips and shrugged. “It’s okay, I guess.”

Ma said “Thanks....I guess. You are going to be a tough case, it seems. Well, your sister certainly won’t let it go to waste.”

She started to hand the cup over. Suddenly Hanna grabbed her wrist. “Wait! I’ll have it. Just to be polite-you know.”

Ma nodded. “Oh I know.”

Hanna scarfed it down like a possessed woman and ma calmed her. “Easy there. There’s more if you want it.” Hanna nodded, so ma gave her a second one. Greta sulked a bit and said “Not that I need it, but I think that was mine.”

Ma laughed heartily. “Let her finish. Come with me please.” They went in the kitchen and ma took a pitcher out of the fridge. “I’d like you to help me, if you can.”

“Sure what can I do?”

“Honey I’m worried about Hanna, I honestly think she’s going to get sick if she stays that thin. Like I said before, I can’t use her like that anyway. But I’ve seen her type before, she won’t change on her own, she’ll fight it. If you want her to stick around, she’ll need to gain some weight. 25 or 30 pounds ought to do it. That’s where you come in.”

Gretel pondered. “I don’t know, it sounds kind of sneaky. Even if I agreed, she never would. She’s mortified of being fat, always been scared she’d end up like me. I think that’s why she teases me about it-it’s a form of reinforcement to keep to her diet.”

“Oh. She teases you about it?”

“Not as often any more but I hear her talking to other people about me, when she thinks I’m out of earshot. I know she’s ashamed of me. She won’t introduce me to any of her boyfriends, in case they get the idea-well you know. Soon as they see how fat I am they figure it’s only a matter time and they head for the hills.”

“Boyfriends? How many boyfriends has she had?”

“Lots and lots.” Gretel just smiled and offered, “She’s popular.” It was a polite way of saying she was the neighbourhood bike at home.

“How ‘bout you?”

Gretel shook her head. “Never.” She whispered. “I’ve told stories to make her think different, but she was right. My boobs don’t compensate for the rest of me.”

“I see. Well, I guess this would be a good time to tell you. In case you hadn’t noticed, this is a blue collar establishment. Men here can be a bit crude sometimes.”

Gretel nodded. “I’ve heard men swear before-it won’t bother me.”

Ma nodded. “That’s part of it. Sometimes they can get a little fresh too. You’ll be just what they like. Little jiggle and wiggle. They’ll tip good if you play them a little. But some may give you a playful pinch or pat. Don’t’ ignore it, but don’t get too excited either. There’re all talk and no action. If it gets out of hand you tell me and I’ll fix it. Contrary to what you say you’re a pretty girl and it’s time you realized it.”

“Hanna doesn’t think so.”

“So I heard. Well maybe if she filled out a bit, we could help her see how you feel and get a little payback?”

Chapter 3

“Hmmm. I’m in, but I’m telling you she’ll never do it.”

Ma smiled “This is a pretty dead town. Waitresses come and go around these parts. Why do you think I had that uniform you’re wearing laying around?  I’ve had lots of girls work for me over the years. Food’s good here, you know. Good intentions aside, all of them left here heavier than when they started.  You leave that to me.”

“So where do I come in?”

“First, don’t tease her when it starts. No one can resist my cooking. If she stays, she will get bigger, no question. When it does, it’s important that you encourage her to eat more, not less. Grab a few snacks yourself if you like. It will put her in the right mood. Her instincts will do the rest. Trust me, I know what I’m doing.”

Gretel shrugged “Okay but don’t blame me, if she doesn’t play ball.”

Ma offered. “I’m pretty good at breaking down resistance.” She stuck her finger in the pitcher and said “Taste.”

Gretel did so and a minute later was drinking the rest of the shake out of the pitcher. “Whoa that was good. What’s in it?”

Ma smiled. “My secret. Okay, here’s where you come in.”She reached in the fridge, pulled out a pound of butter then softened it in the microwave.

“What are you going to do with that?”

“Nothing. But you are going to take it in the dining room and eat it in front of her. All of it”

Gretel scoffed, “A whole pound of butter? I don’t think so, it’ll taste gross.”

Ma reached into her apron and pulled out a little vial. “This is the secret of the milkshake you enjoyed so much. I have a special flavour enhancer-we’ll see who’s right. Give it a try.”

Gretel took the offered spoonful, wincing as the butter melted in her mouth. She’d expected to gag, but the expression on her face was one of delight and wonder. “Say-that’s pretty good!”

Ma nodded. “ I told you I knew what I was doing. I could cure Morris the cat from his finicky eating. ”

“Morris the who?”

“Never mind. It was before your time. Okay, it’s Hanna’s turn. Off you go.”

Gretel stood in place as she asked. “Could I...have another taste please? What’s in that stuff anyway?”

May chuckled, “My secret. Tell you what. You eat this one. I’ve got lots more.”

Within 30 seconds, Gretel had wolfed down the entire pound, yet found herself looking for more.

Ma smiled. “You liked it-yes?”

Gretel said. “I’ll say. But who are we supposed to be fattening up here? I’d better watch it or I’ll end up as big as a house myself.”

Ma smiled as she pinched her belly once again. “That’s the spirit.” She handed another pound to Gretel. “Now hop to it.”

The fat twin was practically drooling over the plate. Ma calmed her. “I know what you want. If you get Hanna to eat this within the next five minutes, I’ll give you another.”

Gretel practically flew out the door. “Hanna do me a favour. Ma wants to know if this butter’s too salty for baking. Give it a try.”

The thinner sibling shook her head. “You do it. Any idea how fattening that stuff is?”

“Oh come on Hanna, a taste is not the end of the world. Ma doesn’t trust my judgement. She says anyone as big as me, would eat anything.”

The fat twin held out a spoonful as Hanna rolled her eyes. “Okay anything to shut you up.”

The second the taste entered her mouth, Hanna gasped. Gretel coyly asked “Is it okay-not too salty?”

Hanna calmed herself and said “Give me another taste, I’m not sure.” One spoonful led to another and soon it was gone.

Both girls looked sad but ma came out. “Looks like I got two more. I’m going to have to give that dairy a piece of my mind.” She put one in front of each girl but grabbed Gretel. “See you a minute?”

Gretel protested, “But…”

Relax, ma whispered. “I’ve got one in the kitchen for you. I thought you’d find this fun.”

The pair peered through the door. Once Hanna had finished her own,  she immediately grabbed the second dish and ate it too. Once she had done that she gasped. “Oh my God what have I done?” She thought of slinking off to the bathroom to purge herself of the snack; but suddenly wanted more. The thought of getting fat was temporarily put aside by an almost insatiable hunger.

Gretel laughed. “Oh my God. You tricked her into eating three pounds of butter in ten minutes.” She grinned slightly evilly at Ma. “Will we be able to do this again?”

Ma nodded. “All  day, every day. I told you I knew what I was doing. She’ll fill out-no question. They always do.”

Suddenly Gretel asked. “You said 25 or 30 pounds.”

Ma nodded. “That will bring her back to health. Why?”

Gretel sighed. “Look at me. I’m sick of her teasing me about being the fat one. If she only gains a few pounds, she’ll just look prettier. Last thing I want is her growing a pair of big boobs and staying that way.”

“Oh. Envy is a sin, you know?”

“Call it what you like. I won’t help you make her prettier than she is now.”

“You know that for sure? What did you look like when you weighed 130 pounds?”

“That...comparison won’t help. I haven’t weighed 130 pounds since I was 11 years old. By the time I developed a figure, I was already 150.”

Gretel pouted. “I’ve never seen her or anyone else eat like that in my life. It must be whatever is in that appetite enhancer. I think she’d enjoy the curvy stage after she gets used to it, but I won’t. Do you think she...could you make her go bigger than that?”

Ma thought a second. “It’d take some doing, but I guess so. Why?”

An evil grin, as Gretel chuckled. “If it’s just going to make me look even uglier compared to her, I’m out. But…I have an idea. I’ll help you to fatten her up until she’s as big as I am. No….bigger. Or no deal. And I’ll tell about the special sauce you have.”

Ma nodded. “Alright. If you help me, I will guarantee she’ll end up bigger than you. But you have to promise not to tell a soul. Is it a deal?”

Gretel nodded. Ma shook her head. “You need to swear it out loud.”

“I promise to help you fatten her up until she’s bigger than me, and not to reveal the secret to anyone.”

Ma patted her belly again. “I’m looking forward to the day you’ll be twins for real. Maybe we’ll have to get name tags to tell you apart. You ready to start?”

She looked out to see Hanna licking the plates in hopes of a last vestige.  The fat sister quivered in anticipation. She patted her belly and laughed. “Eat up there skinny, soon you’ll look like me. If we do this right she’ll be as big as a house. She’ll never know what hit her.”

Chapter 4

Ma handed her accomplice another pound for her reward. Gretel thanked her and in seconds it too was gone. “Look, there’s a bag of day old donuts there. They’re fine, but I can’t serve them.” She pulled four out and handed them to Gretel. “For services rendered.”

At first she was going to turn the offer down. But suddenly the smell was irresistible, so Gretel gratefully accepted them. “What about the rest?”

“Oh, I think Hanna needs the other eight more than you.”

Gretel scoffed, already eating the first. “Now you are pushing your luck. I bet she won’t.”

“Okay you’re on. If you win, you get to have another pound of butter.”

Gretel nodded. “What if you win?”

“Oh, I’ll think of something.” Gretel headed out with the bag, and in 10 minutes they were gone too.

Gretel came in the kitchen, sulking. “You saw?”

“Yes. All eight, I believe.”

“You win.” Gretel sighed. “I really wanted that other butter too.”

Ma hugged her and offered. “Well you were a big help. I’ll give it to you, anyway.”

“Once you have had that, come out and we’ll go over the place and we’ll get you set up with a place to stay.”

“Stay?”

“Well you two obviously have no money and I’ve got a spare room out back.” Ma showed them the room and said “Sorry there’s only one bed-you’ll have to share. I’ve had my share of temporary employees over the years. I’ve got a whole pile of clothes in any pretty well size you can think of. Anything that fits, you’re welcome to.”

Hanna focussed on more immediate needs. “You mentioned money?”

“Ah yes. Well since you work here, I’ll forget about the food bill from before. I’m giving you a place to stay and free food, so I think minimum wage will have to suffice. Tips you keep, but I expect you to split them. Payday is Friday and I’ll pay cash. Just one thing. There’s not a lot to do around here, so I’d appreciate it if you kind of stuck around. I live in the house out back and have a small farm to attend, as well. Having you two around will mean I can stay open longer and keep burglars away. After 3 months, we’ll see how things are going.”

Both girls nodded in agreement.

“Now, couple more things. Deputy gets anything he wants-free. No questions. I need him on my side.” The sisters nodded again. “Next. There is a five gallon pail in the kitchen. All table and kitchen scraps go in there. No cigarette butts or napkins. It’s for pig slops .” Again a nod. “One more thing. I said you can help yourself to the food here, but don’t waste it. I catch either of you throwing food out you’ve taken, it’s over.” She looked at them sternly.

Within a week, the pair had gotten used to the pace. Ma taught the cooking trade to Hanna. Surrounded by food and encouraged by Ma to taste her creations, she ate much more than she would normally be comfortable with. Along with Gretel’s urging, the lighter sister was eating up a storm. By the end of the week she’d gained 10 pounds and was still thin, but it was a start. Gretel had assumed some collateral damage too-she was now 3 pounds heavier as well, seemingly without trying.

That morning a sixtyish gentleman came in and started looking around. Gretel walked over and smiled. “Table for one?”

“Uh actually,no. I was just looking for my wife.”

Ma walked in and smiled. “Reverend, what a pleasant surprise. Always nice you see you. Can I fix you something? On the house, of course.”

He appeared nervous and stammered. “No, that will not be necessary. I was just looking for Rosina. I thought she was going to be here?”

“Sorry Reverend. She called and rescheduled for tomorrow. Something about a can drive?”

“Oh yes. I’d forgotten. We are collecting soda cans for the scrap value.”

Ma offered “I know.” She looked at Gretel and asked. “There’s two bags in the kitchen-would you mind?”

The reverend held out his hand.” It’s alright dear. If she’s coming tomorrow, she can get them then.” Then he looked at Gretel. “You must be the new girl, from the look of you.”

Gretel smiled. “One of them, anyway. My twin sister’s in back. What did you mean from the look of you?”

Ma cleared her throat and glared. “Where are my manners? Gretel is my new waitress and her sister Hanna, is our cook’s helper.”

“Honey this is Reverend Robert Leckermaul. Rosina is his wife-she does the books for me. My eyes are not what they used to be and it gets harder.”

The door opened and Hanna stepped in. “Ma I need to know where you keep the…oh sorry I didn’t realize we had a customer.”

Ma offered. “Oh Preacher Bob isn’t a customer, not really. Hanna, Bob.” He did a double take and said “Twins? Not from what I see.”

Gretel pouted, as he blushed at the realization he’d insulted the stouter girl. He tried to counter the comment by adding. “I prefer my proper name and title, if it’s all the same.” Realizing that he had overstayed his welcome, he tipped his hat and bade them adieu.

Gretel pushed up her nose and saucily echoed. “I prefer my proper name and title. Preacher Bob it is.”

Ma glared. “You be nice. He’s a bit tight assed, but Rosina is a wonderful woman and she does my books for free. When she comes in tomorrow, you let me serve her.”

Gretel nodded. “Sure, but  how will I know her?”

Ma smiled. “She’ll be dressed like a preacher’s wife. Trust me, when she comes in you’ll know it’s her.”

Chapter 5

Next morning around 10, Rosina Leckermaul came by. Ma was right. The look gave her away. She was wearing a knee-length beige wool skirt. Short sleeve pink sweater, with its matching cardigan slipped over like a cape. Horn rimmed cat eye glasses on a chain hanging from her neck. Dull black/brown hair done in a massive bun with a pen stuck in the back. The outfit was exactly what Gretel had expected a preacher’s wife to wear. In 1955.

But the contents of the getup were another matter. For one thing, Rosina was younger than she’d expected, a lot younger. Gretel figured she was about her own age, in fact. She gasped. “You’re Preacher Bob’s wife?”

She giggled and nodded. “I get that all the time. I’m his second wife. His first wife died years ago.”

Then Gretel looked her over. Her waistline was pinched in and the wide belt exaggerated its mere 18 inch circumference. She had a flat firm abdomen, which contrasted with the flare of her hips. At 48” her firm but rounded bubble butt alone, would have been the talk of the town. Encased in the wool skirt it jiggled ever so slightly with every movement. The piece de resistance was up top, though. Rosina Leckermaul had the most massive breasts Gretel had ever seen. They found out later she wore a 87KKK bra and its contents were all natural. The two mounds covered nearly her entire rib cage and stuck out over a foot, stretching the knit fabric for all it was worth. Right now, she had her arms crossed under them. At least Gretel assumed she had. From the front they were so wide, only the tips of her elbows poked out from the very extreme side and bottom or it would seem she had no arms at all. But Rosina was quite demure about it and seemed oblivious that a preacher’s wife had a body that could headline in any club in Vegas.

Gretel stared and finally whispered. “Those can’t be real.”

Then she realized her whisper had been heard and the book keeper smiled. “You must be referring to my bosoms. I assure you dear, these are all as God and nature intended. I’ll thank you not to stare. It is not ladylike and it’s not Christian to reflect on one’s own physical attributes, let alone another’s. Now is Ma here?”

Stunned, Gretel backed into the kitchen and said. “Ma. Your...bookkeeper’s here.” Ma wiped her hands and rushed out.

Gretel whispered over her shoulder. “Hanna you need to see this.”

Her sister shook her head. “It’s not a good time.”

Gretel returned to spying as her sultry quarry sashayed across the dining room and barely squeezed her hindquarters into a booth. She unclipped her cardigan and laid it on the seat beside her. Like herself, Rosina was just over 5 feet tall, so the crest of her bustline coincided nearly exactly with the table top. Gretel snickered a bit as she wiggled to fit the newly exposed orbs either under or over the table. It didn’t help that her butt was so luxuriously padded that it forced her to sit very far forward on the bench. Finally she cinched them up in a most undignified fashion and plumped them down. Gretel called again. “You coming?”

After brief pause. “Not now-I’m busy.”

“Well get un-busy. Trust me, it’s worth it.”

Gretel peered through the porthole window as Ma took the books out from under the counter and handed them to the big-breasted bean counter. Hanna finally pushed her face in beside her sister who asked. “What the hell were you doing that was so important?”

“Icing cupcakes. Here try it.” She stuck her finger in her sister’s mouth and Gretel smacked her lips at the taste.

Hanna had a large bowl of frosting and was stirring it when suddenly she stopped. “That’s the bookkeeper? And that old fart preacher’s wife? Tell me this is a joke.”

Gretel shook her head. “Not as far as I know. She seems to be comfortable working away there.”

Hanna gasped. “Look at those tits. They have to weigh twenty pounds each. No way they’re real, can’t be.”

Gretel shook her head again. “I thought the same thing. She says different. Calls them her bosoms. You can’t tell from here, but her waist is smaller than yours, and her ass is bigger than mi…well lets just say there’s no shortage in that department either.”

Hanna was dumfounded. “But look at that getup. It’s like Jessica Rabbit meets June Cleaver. Is she in a play or something? Maybe it’s a costume?”

Gretel sneered. “How would I know? I only met her five minutes ago.” The two jockeyed for a better view and the door began to jostle a bit.

Suddenly Ma looked up and caught them staring. The glare they got ensured the pair skulked back into the kitchen. Gretel looked around. “Thought you said you were icing cupcakes? I don’t see any.”

Hanna blushed. “They’re in the oven. First batch was a little overdone. Ma made me eat them to teach me a lesson.”

Gretel was about to comment then backed off, remembering Ma’s challenge.

“Well you probably have too much frosting now. Gonna make a third batch?”

Hanna said “Nope. We’re going to make pies after.”

Gretel pondered. “Long as you have extra, give me a little.”

“Take all you want.” Hanna nodded. “I’ve been sampling a bit too much lately.  Last thing I want is this too.” She patted her stomach. “Getting a little flabby already.”

Ten pounds was not exactly flabby, but the fatter sibling didn’t comment, for fear of ruining a good thing. Instead she got a cup and filled it with the sticky topping. She made a big fuss over it and offered. “I didn’t know you could bake like this honey.  It’s amazing!”

Hanna shrugged. “I’ll take your word for it.”

Gretel smiled. “You haven’t tasted it yet? I thought Ma said you needed to sample everything, before it went out?”

“Not this time.” Hanna shook her head. “Ma said no. It’s for the church.”

Gretel grinned. “Ma’s busy right now.” She spooned some out and stuck it in front of her sister. “Try it. If it’s not up to her standard Ma will be even madder, you know.”

Hanna agreed. Gretel held out the spoon. Naturally, one spoonful led to two. Then three. Before long, Gretel had fed her the entire bowl. As Hanna sighed with satisfaction, Gretel chuckled. Eat up sis. You’ll be the fat one soon.

Chapter 6

As if on cue, the oven bell rang and Hanna dutifully pulled out the cupcakes. Hanna looked at the empty bowl and begged. “Watch the door and keep Ma out. I got to make some more frosting, quick.”

Gretel peered down between the door crack to keep a watch out for Ma without being spotted herself. “It’s okay-Ma’s giving her some pie and coffee. Just hurry.”

She looked over and saw Hanna icing the last of the dozen. The thin twin then pondered. “I hope these are okay. Try one.”

Gretel shook her head. “Ma will be pissed.”

“Just one. Since I burnt the others, I need to know.”

Gretel wolfed one down. Then another. Before she knew it, a third disappeared.

Hanna stopped her from talking a fourth. “Okay I get it. They must be good. Now get out of here, before you eat them all, fatso.”

Gretel bristled. “I’m not fat, I was just being kind. They are awful. I’d be embarrassed to serve them to anyone.”

Hanna stuck out her tongue. “I’ll bet you are lying. She looked them over. If I try just one…”

Gretel grinned. They were exquisite actually and she hoped Hanna would try one. Of course she did not stop at one. Leaving her sister to stuff her face once more, she grabbed the sugar to fill the sugar bowls.

She made a point catching Ma’s eye to ensure she could come out. The clearance given she began to go about her duties as Ma went back to check on her sister’s progress. A sharp shriek indicated Ma had discovered what had happened. She came out dragging Hanna by the ear behind her.

Rosina gasped as the pair stood in front of her. “Somebody has some apologizing to do.” Ma chided.

Hanna looked down. “I was supposed to make some cupcakes for you to take home. I’m sorry to say-well there aren’t any.”

Ma scowled “And why would that be?”

“I burned them.” She hoped that would be enough. It was not.

Ma said “You burned the first ones. But unless you have taken to using chocolate lipstick lately…”

Hanna started to weep openly. “I ate them.”

Rosina gasped “All of them.”

“Yes ma’am. And the icing. I don’t know what came over me. I’m so hungry lately and I couldn’t resist.”

Drumming her fingers impatiently, Rosina sat back as far as her physique would allow and muttered. “Well I must say I’m a bit disappointed in someone today.”

Hanna feared the worst so blurted. “I didn’t eat them all. Gretel had three and some of the frosting too.”

Ma already knew and glowered “I can see the evidence on her face too, but that won’t save….”

Suddenly Rosina stood up and moved over to Hanna. She moved back in alarm and Rosina offered. “I mean you no harm.”

Hanna stood silently and without warning, Rosina embraced her gently. She made no effort to let go and as the other woman’s hands moved over her back and ribs, it became apparent she was feeling her over a bit. Hanna for her part got firsthand knowledge of Rosina’s upper architecture. The mountain of boob tissue in between the pair got in the way; but Hanna knew right away the flesh was all her, no man made implants would be that soft. Still in mid-embrace Rosina scolded Ma. “It’s not her I’m disappointed in. Ma, I am ashamed of you.”

Ma blushed “Me?”

“Yes you. I’m asking for donations to raise money to feed the poor. Yet here in your own kitchen is a young woman on the verge of malnutrition. I thought I knew you better than that?”

Ma blubbered. “Well, I tried.”

Rosina kept at her. “Try harder. And you-young lady. If you are still this thin the next time I come back, I will be very disappointed in all three of you.”

She looked at Hanna and then Gretel. “No wonder you don’t keep staff for long if this is what they have to look forward to. I think you may need another book keeper, too.” With that, she stormed out as fast as her body would let her. The trio couldn’t help but stare after her, as she shimmied out.

Chapter 7

Hanna whistled in amazement. “If I didn’t see it myself I’d never believe it.”

Ma shrugged. “Believe what?”

Hanna nearly shrieked. “Are you kidding me? That body. She’s a freak of nature.”

Ma snorted. “I don’t see what the fuss is about? No one else seems to care.”

There were two customers in the restaurant. Neither had looked up from their food to even watch her for a second. But when Ma glared at them, they both put money on the table and quickly sped out the door. Hanna looked at them leave. Hmph. They were both 100 pounds overweight anyway.

Ma snapped them back to reality. “Well that’s me told, I guess.”

Hanna had expected an explosion once they were alone but instead Ma nodded. “I hate to admit it, but she’s right. You are still painfully thin Hanna, and I’m very worried about your well being.”

She looked over at Gretel. In a second she picked up the cue. “Oh yes, me too. Actually Ma, it’s partly my fault…”

Ma cut her off. “Hanna you get back in there and get the pie stuff out. Recipes on the prep table. I need to have a chat with your sister.”

Once the door sung shut Ma whispered. “What is wrong with you?”

“Uh. Nothing. Like we agreed I thought I was cooperating to fatten her up. I tricked her into eating all that stuff like you said. Even ate some myself, but only to get her into the mood.”

“Well for once I didn’t want you too. That’s my fault though. We need to communicate better. But you were about to blab the whole story. The point of this is to be subtle. As she gains, she has to think it’s by accident. She’s very sensitive about this and if she thinks it’s by design…well that’s it then.”

Gretel nodded in understanding.

“Good. Now I need to figure out how to get my book keeper back. My eyes are so bad I can’t do it.”

Gretel offered. “Hanna can do it. She has before and I know she’s real smart. Not like me.”

“Hmm. Might have something there. Okay, you hold the fort. I’m going to see what I can do with her.”

In a minute, Ma had calmed the other twin as well. “Okay, let’s put this behind us. Cherry pie. Open two three-pound cans of Crisco and two five-pound cans of cherry pie filling.”

Hanna did as instructed. While her back was turned to wash her hands, Ma sprinkled a little of the extract on all four cans. “Okay-here’s a secret. A good baker tastes the main ingredients first. Bad raw materials will never make a good finished product.”

Hanna used a small spoon to sample each of the 2 tins of cherries. “Okay not bad, but may need a little sugar?”

“Good catch, we’ll add a cup to each can. Now the shortening.”

Hanna giggled “Taste the Crisco too?”

Ma said “Yes. Just a little dab on your finger. Make sure it isn’t rancid.” Hanna did as she was told.

Then, they heard Gretel’s voice. “Ma come out here please.”

Ma exited and found Rosina standing there. “I’m sorry. It was very un-Christian of me to scold you. Can you forgive me?”

“Nothing to forgive. We couldn’t say anything in front of her, but we already knew. We are actually fattening her up as best we can. Even Gretel is in on it. Don’t worry, I think she’ll be fine.”

Rosina pursed her lips. “Are you sure?”

Ma held her hand to her lips and they soft toed to the door. Ma smiled as she saw inside. “Have a look but don’t let her see you.” Rosina peered in and saw Hanna gorging herself on a can of Crisco.

The other 3 empty cans of ingredients were on the floor already. Rosina asked “Is that really lard she’s eating?”

“Yep. Well shortening, actually. Six pounds worth. And ten pounds of cherries. You mark my word, she’s in good hands. We’ll put the weight on her. As for the bake sale, I’ll get something to you tomorrow.”

Rosina mentioned. “I didn’t get the books finished yet...”

“It’s okay Hanna will look them over. It will keep her mind off....things. Come back in a couple weeks and we’ll see how she progresses. In more ways than one.” A wink sealed the deal.

“Now, I insist you stay and have something else. Gretel bring her a few donuts.”

Rosina shook her head. “I haven’t got time. But I’ll take some to go.” Off she went, munching on the first one of the two dozen, before she even got out the door. Gretel knew that despite her slim waistline, the feminine curves on her hips and chest were still fat, after all. Now she knew how they’d gotten there. The good reverend’s wife had a sweet tooth a yard long. Perhaps that would come in handy.

Chapter 8

Three weeks have passed. The girls have gotten used to the pace of the place. A bit quiet lately, so there was not much to do. Except eat. They made up for lost time, in that regard. No matter how much they tried, the pair just couldn’t stop raiding the fridge. Gretel looked over at her sister, eating her third piece of pie in less than an hour.

She giggled to herself. The plan was working perfectly, so far.  You’ll be as big as me, if you aren’t careful. She was right. In only three weeks, Hanna had gained 30 pounds. The surprising thing was she either didn’t notice or didn’t care. In fact, she took another piece and heaped a scoop of ice cream on it.

Her middle had expanded the most both from the extra fat and from stretching it through her gluttony. The former string bean had developed a fairly good sized pot belly. It was all Gretel could do not to snicker, as her sister patted it and sighed.  “I can’t seem to fill you up, no matter how much I eat.” As if reading her sister’s mind she asked.  “Maybe I’ve been overdoing this health thing a bit. Tell me honestly-do you think I’m getting fat?”

Gretel was nonplussed at the directness of the question. “Uh no-why do you ask?”

“Well I feel fat sometimes and I think I look fat. It’s just I’ve had trouble controlling my appetite these days and you’re the expert.”

Gretel glared but held her tongue. “And how’s that?”

Hanna shrugged.  “Well you’ve always been big. Does it bother you?”

Gretel gritted her teeth. “Not until now.”

“Oh no-you don’t understand. I’m starting to understand what Ma and that church lady were driving at. I need to be more feminine. Ma says I’m not fat, just girly.” Technically that was not true. Her bmi put her officially and for the first time in her life into the overweight category. She could either ignore it or deny it, but Hanna was a fat girl now. Hanna used both dodges. “Now that I’ve gotten used to it, I like having some curves.”

Gretel nodded. “Your outfit doesn’t seem to share that sentiment.” She was right. The once-loose garment now stretched tight over her bosom and the only way she could wear it was to leave the button over her belly undone.

Gretel suggested. “Let’s get you into something that fits better. Come back for a second.” There were no other cook’s outfits, but plenty of waitress uniforms. “Hmm. Size 8 maybe?”

“Ma has a tape around here somewhere. Let’s measure you up for a bra.” Hanna normally didn’t need a bra, so had never worn one. Not anymore. Gretel used the tape to measure around her boobs, then under her rib cage.“36...C. Congrats sis! You have boobs.” The bra she found was a 36D, but Gretel hoped that Hanna’s lack of experience in that department, would help. In any case, she was also hoping the progress would continue. She was right on the first count and time would tell on the second. On that note she took the opportunity to measure the rest. At 39” her butt had grown 4”, and was even now dimpling with cellulite. Her waist was 24”, most of the added 5” evident in the pronounced pot belly. She helped Hanna get into the dress and patted her cheek. “That’s better. You look amazing by the way.”

“I do, don’t I? Never thought I’d have boobs. This bra seems a little loose, though.”

Gretel trod carefully. “Well I was leaving room for growth. How would you feel about getting a little curvier?”

“What is your definition of a little curvier?”

“One dress size? Fifteen pounds would fill out those D-cups too.”

“No. That won’t work for me.”

Gretel was trying to think of a rebuttal when her twin dropped the bomb. “Ma thinks I should get a lot bigger than that. Sorry, you’re outvoted.” Hanna shrugged. “Seems inevitable, anyway. I’m actually starting to enjoy it.”

Gretel wrinkled her nose. “You are?”

“Sure. Ma is the only one who’s ever been nice to us. If it makes her happy to see me fat- I’ll get fat. Maybe as big as you. Who knows?”

Gretel nearly blew it. “Well that was the deal.”

“Deal? What deal?”

Gretel whitened as she explained. “Ma said I was not to fight with you and just make sure you are happy. Seems like it’s working.”

Hanna came over and gave Gretel a hug. She felt how soft she was and despite her own gain, realized her sister’s dress was tighter than before. Gretel had experienced some collateral damage, as a result of leading by example. In the same time period, she had expanded by 10 pounds, to 180. But she was so fat already, the extra weight was not as apparent. Oddly she didn’t seem to care anymore, although she was now 20 pounds into the obese zone. 

“I’m sick of starving myself and being poor.” Hanna offered. “No one knows us around here, so who cares what we look like? We don’t work hard, no one around to bother us most of the time; and we can have as much food as we like. Never had food that tasted so good, either. I don’t know how long this will last, so I’m getting while the getting is good. That old bat has no idea how much food we eat. Now as for the other…watch the door.”

Gretel kept watch. as Hanna opened the till and took out $25, stuffing it in her cleavage. Not enough to be alarming. But 20 or 30 here and there adds up. Soon they’d have enough to get to Mexico. Hanna ‘s hand lingered in the cleft of her bosom for a tad longer than was ladylike. The money felt safe there, and it felt nice to have an actual bosom. Despite the fact that Gretel had been chubby as long as she’d recalled, Hanna had always admired her breasts, and was jealous of them. She took a moment to compare. Hmph. Gretel’s had grown to 42” and her E cup was now much too tight.  Envy had its limits, and Hanna shuddered at the realization that to get boobs the same size, she would need to weigh the same. Just as quickly the thought went out of her head.

“You need to upgrade your wardrobe too, my dear. That bra gets any tighter, it’ll explode.” The thinner sibling snorted. “No way I’m going to end up like you”, she mumbled to herself while scarfing down a chocolate éclair.

Suddenly Gretel yelped “Hurry. Ma is coming back. That church lady is with her, too.”

Hanna slammed the drawer and ran into the kitchen. Ma came in and smiled as she saw her new waitress so dutifully cleaning the table tops, she hadn’t seen them come in. Ma said. “That’s it girl clean ‘em up. Have you had a break yet?”

She lied.“Not for a while.”

“Okay, take five and grab a snack from the kitchen. And send Hanna out.”

Gretel did as she was asked. Hanna came out, still nibbling on the slice of pizza she had grabbed the minute she walked to the back. “You wanted to see me?”

Ma never had a chance to say anything. It was Rosina who rose and responded. “I was so worried about you after my last visit. Ma assured me that you’d built your strength up somewhat. She was right. My, what a beautiful young lady you are. The curves do you proud. Must run in the family?”

“How’s that?”

“Well-I mean Gretel. Don’t you think she’s pretty too? She’s so womanly. Any man would be proud to take her for a wife.”

Hanna pondered a minute and surprised herself when she said. “I’ve teased her all her life about her size, but I think it was because you are right. I felt insecure knowing she was the pretty one.”

Ma said, “Well you are twins. If you keep up the pace, you’d be even prettier I bet.”

Hanna nodded. “Makes sense. Now about those books?”

Rosina cleared her throat uncomfortably. “I have to make a small confession. At present, I am having difficulty doing them on my laptop, these days. Can’t see the keyboard. Point of fact, I can’t even see my lap. My blessings have gotten so big, they block my gaze now. If I move the computer into my line of sight, my arms are too short to reach the board.” She blushed at the admission.

It was then that Hanna looked her over more thoroughly. She’d changed. The bun of hair was somewhat larger and darker, her lips seemed fuller and her cheekbones higher. And was she taller? Heels maybe? And those immense boobs. Were they bigger too? The white blouse was skin tight over them and the front was gapped and puckered. The skirt didn’t look right either. She seemed to struggle to walk in it, it was so tight.

Hanna was not imagining things. In the 3-week absence, Rosina had added 6 inches and 3 cup sizes to her bustline. The 93LL bra was too small, but it was the largest she could find in town. Her posterior was bigger too. 4 more inches brought it to 52”.

Hanna snapped back to reality though. “I can do them. I like it actually. There’s not much to do otherwise.” Besides, the last thing she wanted was Betty Boobs there finding out she’d been stealing from the till.

Ma looked at her. “Thank you.” Then she thanked Rosina for the lift and the buxom wife wiggled out again.

Hanna gaped and muttered. “I need to have a talk with her.”

Chapter 9

At the six-week point, the gluttony kicked in full time. Despite her efforts to ensure it was her sister who received the most calories; Gretel herself had puffed up to 190 and 43EE-35-48. Her latest outfit had given up the ghost and split when she bent over to pick up a dropped fork. Hanna giggled, but offered to help find a bigger one. That was size 20, right?  Hanna sorted through the box of dresses. For a small place she sure had a lot of uniforms and in such large sizes. She shouted over. “No 22’s. 24 is going to have to do.”

Gretel sighed. “Bring it in. I need a new bra too. Help me measure will you?” Hanna gasped when her sister removed the too tight garment. Gretel’s boobs were now sagging half way to her belly button. That belly was in itself starting to droop as well, a creased apron of blubber that stuck out 12”. Made sense, her waistline was now 35”. Her ass was there for all to see. Once she’d outgrown her panties, she’d stopped wearing any. No way was she wearing ones someone else had used. That ass had expanded to 48”, the two globes forming a 14” shelf that jiggled with every motion. Hurry up with that tape will you. I’m cold.”

Hanna slipped the tape around her and muttered Looks like you are 43EE now. Closest is a 46F or nothing.

Gretel sighed. “I’ll take it. Pretty sure it will fit soon.” Hanna giggled, as she pinched the love handles that stuck 6” out from each side. “Yep. I’d give it a week, at the rate you’re gaining.”

Gretel resisted the impulse to tease, in case Hanna decided to halt her own progress. Instead, she offered the old bra to her. “Your boobs are really developing nicely. I think you’ve graduated to this.”

Hanna squealed with delight. “An E cup! I never thought it possible. Thanks sis.” Hanna was catching up to her sister pretty quick. By now, she was tipping the scales at 170 and 41E-31-45.  Ma in particular made sure she was always full. Insisting that her sister was the healthy one, she needed to follow her example. It worked, although the “slimmer” sister had slid 20 pounds into the obese range, for their height. There was another more important milestone. Hanna was officially at her sister’s starting weight, the same weight she’d teased her for being fat at for years. No one thought that would be a good thing to remind her of though.

Gretel did bring up the subject with Ma however. She whispered into her ear as Hanna sat at the food prep table icing cupcakes. “Mission accomplished! She didn’t even know what hit her. You are a miracle worker.”

Ma shook her head. “I don’t think so, honey. We’ve still got a few pounds to go.”

Gretel leaned in. “No. I weighed her today. She’s at 170. That’s what I weighed, when we arrived. That was the deal.”

“No dear. If you recall you promised you’d get her to weigh as much as you if I helped.” She patted Gretel’s soft belly and explained. “Looks like you gave as good as you got.”

Gretel sighed. “I’ve put on 20 pounds. Not my fault. You told me to set an example.”

“And indeed you did. But you know you’ll never be happy unless she’s bigger than you. You said so yourself.”

Gretel nodded. “You’re right. But I don’t know how much bigger we can get her...”

Ma resisted the impulse to snicker. “Oh I don’t think we’ll have any problem in that regard.” She gestured subtly in Hanna’s direction. The young woman was happily humming a song, as she iced the cupcakes. She took care to ensure the entire top was covered with a thick, smooth layer of the sweet frosting. Then she would take a few seconds to admire her handiwork, before popping the entire treat into her mouth. This went on until she had devoured two dozen.

That complete, she turned around and asked Ma. “All done. What else should I do?”

Ma nudged Gretel. “I’ll get you a shake to wash it down.”

May brought them each one, but Gretel knew it was always more fattening for Hanna, because it would have the special elixir in it.

The campaign was working right to plan. Another three weeks have passed. By now the pair were pros at running the place, so Ma left them to it more often than not. Her small farm was taking up more of her time lately. Ma had shown Gretel how to make her wonderful tasting milkshakes, so Gretel had made it Job 1 to get as many of them into her sister as she could. Hanna’s only complaint was that she took longer to make them, but gulped them down pretty well all day, nevertheless.  

Gretel at least pretended to wait on customers, but Hanna spent most of her time eating, even while she was preparing food for someone else. It was the only way they could get her to relinquish the food to the dining room. Coupled with the other snacking she’d done, the former sylph was now gaining nearly 3 pounds a day. She was 225 pounds of jiggling fat with no end in sight. That morning her 47FF-42-52 frame had popped right out of its cotton prison. Ma got her a size larger dress while winking at Gretel, who tried her best not to roll on the floor laughing. She actually had little to laugh at anyway. She’d given as good as she got in the shake department. Between making and sampling them, she’d been unable to resist them either. Even now she was slurping one down. He patted her belly in satisfaction. She’d weighed herself today and was up to 250 pounds and 50GG-46-55. To her it didn’t matter. She was already fat when she came here and getting bigger was only a matter of degree. She knew she’d never be thin herself so she wanted Hanna to be fat with her.

Chapter 10

Ma came over and scolded her a bit. “Dear you were supposed to be getting that into her. I thought you wanted her to be the bigger one, for a change.” Gretel felt bold and stuck out her tongue.” I’m not doing all the work. You could pitch in, you know. Besides I’ve done a pretty good job so far. She’s put on 125 pounds so far, that’s 55 pounds bigger than I was at the start.” She massaged her belly again. “Don’t worry, I still think we can make her bigger than me. I’m just raising the stakes a little.”

Ma smiled. “Want to have some fun?”

“Sure.”

“Come in the kitchen.”

The pair went in and Ma asked Hanna to watch the front. “You take a break while I show your sister some cooking duties too.”

Hanna was glad for the break and brought a tray of cookies out to tide her over. Once out of sight, Ma pulled out a large bottle of wine. “Pour a glass for yourself. Taste it.”

Gretel smiled. Mmm pretty good.”

“Okay now watch this.” Ma took a bottle of cooking oil and filled another glass. In it she placed a drop of the appetite enhancer. “Now give that to Hanna. Make sure you don’t mix up the glasses.”

Gretel walked out with the two and Hanna sipped the wine. Gretel expected a smack but Hanna smiled and gulped it down. “Say that was delicious. Too bad it’s all gone. Give me yours.”

Fearing the taste difference would chance discovery, Gretel sucked hers back. Hanna pouted until Ma came out with the bottle.

“It’s okay honey. I have lots.” That was how they got Hanna to drink a gallon of cooking oil. On that one day, she added 6 pounds to her frame. It was small wonder within a week she’d gained another 45 pounds, putting her at 270 pounds and 52H-50-57 By rights she should have surpassed Gretel by now. The only reason she didn’t was Gretel’s new found taste for wine. Ma never told her that she’d been drinking oil as well. She was up to 290 pounds by now and 54HH-54-59.

Neither one wore a bra these days, there were none large enough to be had. So they did the best they could, tucking the massive mammaries inside, where they flopped around as they walked. It gave the male patrons an eyeful, especially if Gretel’s dress popped open. At least they were attracting more customers now, and more tips.

That didn’t last long. Ma showed them a box of underwear. I went to Good Will and got some bigger bras for you. I suggest you use them, before you have someone’s eye out with those .

By now both girls were well into the morbidly obese category. Hanna seemed not the least bit concerned, as Gretel caught her examining her own silhouette. Donning her new bra, she hefted her new breasts and opined to no one in particular, “Wow these are magnificent. Do you think that they’re bigger than the church lady’s?”

“Nope. They’re not even bigger than mine.”

Hanna stuck out her tongue. “They will be you just wait.”

Gretel smiled.Oh I’m sure they will be. Just keep it up sis. Out loud she said. “Funny you should mention Rosina. Ma said she’s out in the dining room asking for you.”

Hanna was worried they’d twigged to the supplementary income scheme. When she got out she heard a familiar voice. “Oh. I was expecting to speak to your sister about the books.

Hanna snickered. “Why would you want to talk to her about them? She hasn’t got a brain in her head.”

Ma interjected. “Hanna honey. Rosina has a favour to ask.”

Rosina blanched. She had thought that it was Gretel. “My, you’ve certainly filled…”

Ma tried to stop her, but it was too late. Hanna yelled over her shoulder. “Gretel come out here.” Gretel did so and Hanna added. “See it’s me, Gretel’s the fat one, remember?”

Rosina nodded and recovered her senses. “Oh yes I’ll keep that in mind. Anyway, you both look very healthy now.”

Now it was the twin’s turn to be shocked. Rosina was different herself. Much different. Despite no makeup, her lips seemed yet fuller and the eyes sultrier, the lashes longer. Her skin had no evidence of the freckles she’d once sported and her nose was straighter and trimmer, just a little. Even her teeth seemed whiter. She had long fingernails and her hair glistened. Out of its prison, it streamed down to the top of her butt. That was different too. Was it the tight skirt she wore that made it seem to project further? No. She’d been unable to squeeze into the booth. Her lower circumference now stood 4 inches bigger again at 56”. No hint of sagging or cellulite though. It was firm enough to crack a walnut on.

But it was the upper story that got the most attention. She seemed to like demure outfits but the way that sweater was stretched it was impossible to be demure. Hanna’s eyes were riveted on her boobs. They were bigger too. Much bigger. 4 cups sizes brought her to 1 inch over the 100 mark. This simply wasn’t possible. And it wasn’t their imagination last time. She was taller. Before they’d been able to see eye to eye, but Rosina was a head taller now, wearing flats. Still, there was enough of the old Rosina there to recognize it was no trick.

“How? You look so different. Your clothes, hair, everything.”

Rosina smiled. “I’m not here to talk about my appearance dear. That is a temporal concern. Although let me just say I’m glad you took my advice. You look so healthy.”

“So what’s this about?”

Rosina blushed a bit. “I am not sure how to ask this.”

Ma said “I always favoured the direct approach.”

“Direct it is. The church is sponsoring  a food fair coming soon, and we need some judges. I’ll be one of course. But I think you and Gretel would be perfect to help me.”

Hanna scowled. “Why, because we’re fat?”

Ma winced at Hanna’s rudeness and her now public recognition of her weight gain. She scowled. “No. It’s partly because you both work in a restaurant and would know good quality. But more importantly you don’t know anyone in town so you’d be impartial.”

Hanna blushed. Sorry for my rudeness. We will be happy to help. If Ma will give us the time off.”

Ma nodded. “Always happy to help a friend. In any case you will probably enjoy it.

Chapter 11

The time passed and a few weeks later the ultimate milestone occurred. Hanna had gained faster both from her easier access to food and the tag team plotting to get as much of that inside her as possible. The strategy worked. Despite Gretel expanding to a new high of 355 pounds and 59J-65-65 Hanna had kept up. Soon, the pair weighed the same. They were identical in every sense of the word; so much so that Ma often mixed them up. The two were paradoxically arguing over who was prettier and who had the biggest boobs when Rosina walked in.

She asked for Ma and found out she was out for a bit. Hanna pleaded for her not to leave. “We would like to get to know you better. At least this latest version.”

Rosina frowned. “What do you mean latest version?”

In only a few weeks she’d changed again. She was taller. 3-4 inches at least. Her hair was 18” longer than they remembered too. It cascaded down past her butt and was mid-way between knee and thigh. Said butt had grown yet again. Swollen to 60” it was just bigger than theirs but she was at least 150 pounds lighter. Not so the boobs. It was no contest. They had grown 3 more cup sizes and now stood 24” from her rib cage. No one knew it at the time, but the fleshy orbs actually made up 1/5 of her body weight now. Despite the fact that they must have been a burden to carry, Rosina made no sign of complaint or even recognizing their size or growth.

Gretel could not control herself and finally asked. “I know you don’t like to talk about it, but how do you do it?”

“Do what?” Rosina replied.

Hanna scoffed. “Well this-everything. You’re changing every time I see you. It’s not normal. Especially those.” She pointed at the augmented boobs and commented. “How big are they now?”

Rosina sighed. “If you must know,  I measured myself with a 10-foot tape today. There was only 9 inches left.

Hanna calculated. “111”! That’s way bigger than before.”

Rosina shrugged. “I don’t mind. My clothes all fit. Guess that’s why I’ve not noticed.”

Gretel giggled. “Not noticed? Are you serious?” Rosina’s blank stare indicated she was..

“Okay I’ll prove it. Sit on this stool.” Rosina complied and Hanna cried “Aha-see. They stick out past the edge now. Wasn’t like that a few weeks ago.”

The interrogation never got any further. Ma showed up with Deputy Doug. “Ah. You’re here. You can go ahead. I’ll get Douglas to drop them off and bring them back. I want to have a talk with these two before they go.”

Rosina nodded and left. Ma scowled at them. “What did I just see going on here?”

Hanna smiled. “Just girl talk.”

The older woman didn’t believe her but leaned closer. “Look, she’s a dear friend, but I only agreed to this for one reason. You judge the entries just like she asked; but there are professional food vendors there too. I want you to try everything.”

Hanna gasped. “Everything?”

“Is there an echo in here? I’m looking for new recipes and you two are going to scope out the competition. The one who brings me the best recipe gets a dollar an hour raise. Now git.” She sent them off with a soft pat on each rump.

Ma smiled, knowing that no matter what, the worst thing that could happen is that her girls came back a few pounds heavier. Ideally they’d surprise her and actually find something that Hanna could make herself and willingly speed up the process. Never happened before but there is a first time for everything.

Chapter 12

The day after the food fair. Nearly closing time. Hanna looked over and noticed her sister was finishing off the last crumbs of a whole pie, eaten right from the pan. It was her third since lunch. Gretel belched loudly and mumbled. “I think there’s one more in the cooler.”

Hanna blushed. “No there isn’t, I had that an hour ago.”

Gretel sneered at her. “That’s where you’re wrong. I hid one. I knew you’d eat it, if I didn’t.”

Hanna pouted. “Oh come on-share. It’s the last one. I need it more than you do.”

It was an odd statement. Each had gained 55 pounds over the last 21 days, including the 15 pounds over the food fair weekend alone. In the morning, they had weighed an identical 410 pounds, measuring up at 64KK-76-70. Their massive bellies had recently developed into their largest dimension, surpassing even their height. But Ma had stepped in today and used the Crisco trick on Hanna again. She’d eaten 8 cans this time. Just today; she’d packed on 15 more pounds, bring her to 425. For the first time in her life she now weighed more than her sister. She actually realized that and laughed. “We measured my tits today. My boobs are bigger than yours.”

“Only an inch.”

Hanna  sneered. “Still bigger. Now, I’m the pretty one. I’ll catch up to the church lady soon.”

Gretel scoffed. “Oh come on. We’re the same when you think about it. Ma has trouble telling us apart now.”

Hanna nodded. “Deputy Doug, too.”

Gretel reddened. “What do you mean?”

Hanna laughed. “I mean we went into his cruiser this morning, when you were taking a nap.” She caressed her breasts and added.  “He seemed to like them. Bit cramped in there though. Maybe next time he’ll spring for a room?”

“I saw him first and he agreed to be my boyfriend. Said he would marry me this morning after....”

“After you gave him your virginity.” Hanna laughed. “Well, he got seconds. If it’s any consolation, he thought I was you.  

Gretel screamed. “You bitch.” She was going to fight her, but it was so hard to get up, she sat back down and kept eating. But a small tear dropped from her eye. Time for payback. “So you think you are beautiful, huh? Well the jokes on you. Who cares how big your boobs are, look at what you did to get them. Don’t you even realize you’re fat? Like you said, you’re bigger than me. Our little plan worked like a charm.”

Hanna raised an eyebrow. “Plan? What plan? You couldn’t organize a 1-car parade.”

“That’s where you’re wrong. How could you possibly think this whole thing was your idea, and your fondest desire? Before we came here you weighed yourself every day. You’d even starve yourself during your period, so the bloating wouldn’t show. We’ve been spiking your food so that you can’t stop eating. Best part is you think the whole thing is your idea.”

“No. That doesn’t make sense. Ma said it would make her happy.”

Gretel shrugged “Can’t speak for Ma, but it sure made me happy.  I begged Ma for help to fatten you up. Even made myself bigger, to encourage you. That was my idea. I wish I had a video of you gorging yourself on that lard.”

“You mean ice cream?”

“No stupid. You’ve been eating lard for weeks and asking for more.”

Ew. Gross. I would never do that. Not even a spoonful.”

“Gross or not, you’re hooked on it now.”

Hanna sniffled a bit. “That’s impossible.”

Gretel waddled over and sprinkled a little of the additive on Hanna’s finger. “Try it.”

Hanna sucked the liquid off and suddenly felt a burning in her belly. Quickly she grabbed the leftover meat loaf off the table and began to eat it with both hands. In a few seconds it was gone.

Gretel tossed her a towel. “Convinced yet? You’ll be over 500 pounds soon. I bet you’ll end up so fat you can’t move. That’s okay, we’ll just bring it to you. By the way Ma told me that additive is fat soluble, so it accumulates in your body and stays there for months. There’s so much of it in you that you still won’t stop eating now that you know the truth.” Paradoxically the “thinner” twin had not stopped eating herself the whole time.

Hanna controlled herself and laughed. “Go ahead eat more pie porky. I think you’ll be there too.”

That was it. Gretel struggled to her feet and waddled over. She slapped her sister hard and was surprised when Hanna returned the favour. Two more times each and the grossly overweight duo were on the floor. They were too out of shape to do any real damage and finally they lay on the floor puffing and crying at the same time.

Hanna reached over. “What’s come over us? We were all we ever had and we always watched out for each other. Now…”

Gretel shrugged and pulled away. “Who needs you? Now that no one teases me about it, I don’t mind being fat and Ma treats me nice. At first I was worried she’d be mad because I’m slowing down a bit-it’s harder to work and I need more breaks. She said I could get as big as I wanted-no problem. In fact the bigger I get the more comfortable I feel. Honestly I don’t care any more.”

That last point hit Hanna who blanched. “You know, deep down I don’t either.” She paused and let it sink in. Then she stood up. It took a while to raise to her feet. She grabbed her sister’s arm and advised. “But we should. Look at us. You blew yourself up to the size of a weather balloon, to get me to do the same. A few months ago, I’d have had a heart attack if I gained 2 pounds over Thanksgiving. Look at me now- I’m so fat it took all my strength just to stand up. And Ma seems delighted by this turn of events. Why the hell does she want two employees that can hardly walk, let alone work?”

Gretel said “I don’t follow.”

“Course not. Let me lay it out for you. Besides judging, what did you do at the food fair?”

Gretel paused for a moment. “Went booth to booth mainly checking out the competition. “

“How?”

“Sampled their stuff. As much as possible.”

“So you basically spent the whole weekend gorging on other people’s food right? No real work?”

“Ma told me to. She said it was important. Don’t bitch at me about it. You did the same thing.”

“I know but hear me out. How many customers you wait on today?”

Gretel paused and admitted. “None actually- Ma pitched in.”

“Same here. Supposedly she had me making recipes we’d pinched from the fair. Only food I made, ended up in either me or you. Face it girl, we got paid to eat all day and we’re still doing it. Besides we’re costing her more in food than she’d pay out in wages. Come to think of it, we’ve probably eaten more profits lately than she’s brought in from customers. She’s paying us out of pocket just to get fat. Not only that, she seems to be determined to make us even bigger. Why on Earth does she want that? Something’s not right and we are getting out of here right now.”

Chapter 13

“We need to, leave, tonight. Lock the door.” Gretel did as she was told and Hanna did her usual rifling of the cash drawer. This time she cleaned it out. Pulling the wad from her now ample cleavage, she counted the total.“$2217. That will have to do. Now let’s get out of these waitress uniforms and get out of here.”

“How we gonna get out of here?” Gretel was near panic.

Hanna pondered a moment and reached into the cash drawer again. “Rosina is over at the farm right now with Ma. We’ll borrow her Hummer. We should fit in it at least.”

In fact they barely squeezed in. Hanna had to sit in back while her “thinner” sister forced herself behind the wheel. She gasped. “I can barely breathe I don’t know how long I can do this.”

In the event it was not a long drive after all. The pair saw a set of flashing lights trailing them just past the town limit. It was Deputy Doug. Instead of a patrol car, he was driving a paddy wagon. Almost as if he’d known they’d be there and need a ride.

He just waved them over. Gretel was already exhausted and her bulk made any thought of evasive action out of the question. Once the two managed to extricate themselves, they poured on the charm. He shook his head. “You’ve gone too far now. Let’s have it he said.”

Hanna asked “Have what?”

Gretel half whispered. “I think he wants the money you have stashed in your bra.”

Hanna sneered “I think he wants the money you have stashed in your bra. Thank you very much. My god you get stupider every day. What’s wrong with you?”

Doug waited a few more seconds and finally stuck his hand in the shocked girl’s blouse and grabbed the money. His hands lingered a little too long and he smiled lustfully at her. “You filled out pretty good. I could put your tit in a shot glass, first time we met. Now there’s quite a handful there. Mind you I saw them already today.” He licked his lips lasciviously at the recollection.

Hanna blushed. “You knew it was me?”

The deputy nodded. “I may look dumb, but I ain’t.  But I ended up with a nice roll in the hay from both of you in the same morning.” He pawed her again just to be sure.

Without warning he did the same thing to Gretel. She shrieked “I got nothing in there.”

Doug leered. “Oh, I don’t know. No money for sure, but the rest is pretty good. Too bad I couldn’t get you both at the same time.”

Gretel blushed but Hanna seized the moment. “Just leave us a little to get out of town. We’ll leave the car and phone you where it is.” She began to stroke her own breasts. “Maybe we can work out an…alternative?”

Doug laughed. “This is Ma’s money. She’s old and not exactly rich. Took you in, fed you and trusted you and this is how you repay her? Get in the paddy wagon. We’re going for a ride.”

The two knew there was no point in resisting. They got in and the wagon sped out. When they stopped and the door opened, the girls realized he’d brought them back to the diner. Ma was nowhere in sight but Gretel seemed relieved. “No jail? Is Ma not pressing charges?”

“No jail. Not this time.” Earl laughed. “Jail is for the state. At the most you’d get maybe 30 days for petty theft, if it’s your first offence. Nope, this is personal. You two are going to stay here. You’ll earn your keep there one way or another, and this time there’s nothing to steal.”

Now frightened, Hanna pondered a minute and said. “Okay, if we tell you something maybe that will make a difference? This isn’t our first offence.”

The deputy shrugged. “So?”

“So if we confess then we’ll get more time. Make it worth it right?”

The deputy stared blankly and Gretel nudged her sibling. “What’re you doing? You’re making it worse.”

Hanna shook her head. “No, I don’t think so. If Ma is so mad at us, then she’s got something up her sleeve and I don’t think we will like it.”

From the rear, a familiar voice. Ma giggled, not joyfully though. There was a sinister note in her voice. “You’re half right. I do have something up my sleeve, but you will like it. Trust me.”

Chapter 14

“Now come inside all of you.” The deputy followed her as if on a pull string. The two girls wanted to bolt at first, but found themselves oddly drawn to the interior. Ma laughed. “I’ve been waiting for you. Now sit down. I’m sure you must be starved after your ordeal.”

Hanna shook her head. “We’re fine.”

Ma shook her head and put a 10 pound tub of fryer grease in front of each one. “Nope, I insist. Now get that down you. I’ll get two more.” The two looked at each other, but within seconds were doing exactly what they were told.

Ma came back with two more and they went the same way. The two girls sat back, rubbing their bloated bellies. “Oh my God, I don’t know what came over me.”

Ma snickered. She felt each of their bellies and said “Good just as I hoped, full right up. Now pick yourself up and get down the stairs into the cellar.”

The two had never been down there before. Ma pushed a panel aside and revealed a jail cell, complete with bars. “Hop in now, quick as you can.”

Again, the two did just that and the door slammed behind them. Ma looked them over. “Stick out your fingers. I need to get a benchmark reading.” She felt each index finger expertly and added. “Hmm long way to go.  Okay, over to the scale in the corner.” Each girl weighed herself and as expected was somewhat heavier, due to the meal they’d just consumed.

She dimmed the light until she could barely see them. “There that’s better. I find that my piggies fatten up faster in dim light. You’ll eat more, if you don’t know whether it’s day or night.”

Gretel panicked now. “Piggies? What are you doing to us?”

“Only finishing off what you’ve already started, my dear. You two going to gorge yourselves until you nearly burst, 24 hours a day. Before you know it, you’ll be so fat you can’t move around. But you’ll eat even more then. When the time comes-well, we’ll see. Trust me, you will enjoy it though. No one has complained so far.”

Hanna shrieked. “I think she’s some kind of a freak-a cannibal or something. Let us go, you bitch. You can’t force us to do this.”

Now Ma’s eyes changed to an evil deep red. “Oh, but I can dear. You have no choice. You two are completely in my power. Look how willingly you came down here. But I’m not a cannibal. Far from it.”

Then Gretel remembered. “The deputy. He can help.”

“Oh I wouldn’t want him to interfere. I forbid you to tell anyone of this. Don’t call him down either.”

Hanna snickered. “Sure lady.” Then she tried to shout out but nothing happened she couldn’t do it. Gretel tried too. Same thing.

“Told you. No matter what your wishes are, you’ll do what I order you to do. Let me save you the trouble. Douglas would you join us please?”

The Deputy came down munching on a bag of donuts, which Ma promptly relieved him of. For some reason neither girl said a word to him.

“Cat got your tongue? Well allow me.” Ma said. “Deputy, these young ladies are not impressed to be locked up here. What do you plan to do about it?”

“Nothing” the deputy replied. “Unless you want me to.”

“Good boy.” She handed him 2 donuts and strolled over to the cage.

“Okay, that’s settled. By now, you should be convinced you are completely in my power. You can’t fight it, so I suggest you just relax and let it happen.”

“Let what happen?” Hanna asked, fearful of the answer.

“I already told you. Eat everything I give you and get nice and fat like good little piggies.” She reached in and felt Hanna’s belly again. “Maybe I should have said “fatter”. You are my masterpiece. Look how soft and round that belly is. How much do you weigh again sweetie?”

Hanna tried to dissuade her. “Oh you don’t want me. I’m skinny only 100 pounds.”

“Really? Tell the truth!”

“Because of that stupid grease I’m up to 445 now. Please I don’t want to be like this...”

“On that we are agreed. But you’ve made very good progress on your own. A new self-start record in fact. No one has ever gotten this big on their own, before coming down here before. Must be the twin rivalry. Anyway I’ll make sure to do 2 at a time from now on.”

They both stepped back and Gretel snorted. “No way. Let us go. We won’t play your game, whatever it is.”

“Still not convinced?” She tossed the donuts in and ordered. “Eat them all-hurry now”

Before they realized it, the pair were scrambling on the floor and the 9 remaining sweets had disappeared. Both found themselves looking for more but started when the old woman cackled. “Oh yes you are all mine.”

Hanna growled “What did you do, hypnotize us?

“Oh no child. That’s for cartoons. This is real. You see I’m a witch and you’ve fallen into my little trap. I’ve been adding a little potion to your food; actually Gretel has. The more you eat the hungrier you get. She’s been a very helpful accomplice”

Hanna whined to her sister. “So it’s true?”

Ma smiled. “She told you?”

Gretel fought back tears. “I didn’t know she was a witch. I thought it was only some kind of food additive. I’m sorry…”

Hanna was on the verge of breaking down herself. “But why? I’m your sister.”

Gretel wiped her eyes and offered. “I told you already. Rosina and Ma convinced me it was in your best interest- just to fill you out a bit. You really were too skinny. But once I realized you couldn’t stop, I wanted you to see what it was like-you know the teasing and stuff. But you actually were enjoying it for a while. At least I thought you were...”

“Obviously that isn’t true. Whatever she put in that goop affected my mind.” Hanna blinked at her candor but added. “Yours too. Well, your little plot certainly backfired. You’re nearly my size. Did you put it in your own stuff too?”

Gretel shook her head. “Of course not. That would be stupid.”

“Of course it would, but it would be right on form for you? Did you not just eat the same two tubs of grease I did?”

Gretel gasped at the realization she’d been duped; as she looked at Ma laughing away. “You put it in my food-you tricked me.”

Ma nodded. “Hanna was right about one thing-you’re not very bright. Mind you after a while, it wouldn’t matter. That appetite enhancer is really a potion to break down your will. It only works on sinful people and it’s sort of my litmus test to see if you have potential. The more you eat of it, the more I can convince you to obey me and ignore your instincts.”

Gretel gasped. “That’s why she-we didn’t notice or care how fat we were getting.”

Ma nodded. “I can see you are getting smarter. I could spread it on a turd now, and you’d eat it and ask for more, if I told you to.”

Gretel retched at the thought. “Please don’t…”

“Oh don’t worry I won’t. It won’t make you any fatter and it is not my intention for you to suffer. That’s why once you know, it’s important to eat fast. Don’t fight it, get as fat as you can as quickly as you can to get it over with. You’ve got more than a 100-pound head start on most, so it won’t take but a few weeks. I’ll put enough of the enhancer in; that soon you’ll be begging for more. It always happens that way.”

“Always? You’ve done this before?”

“Oh yes, many times. I’m nearly 500 years old you see.”

“But why. And why us?”

“Glad you asked. Most of my fellow witches were burned centuries ago, for malicious thoughts and behaviour. I stayed alive by working my magic on the undesirables, like yourself. You sealed your fate when you broke all the 7 deadly sins in one day.”

Hanna rhymed them off, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Lust, Pride, Wrath and…

“Gluttony” Gretel whispered. “Oh my God,we did do it all.”

The witch nodded. “I made a deal with the local town couple hundred years ago. I’d clear out the ne’er do wells. Current Sheriff sends me the worst of the lot. Even Douglas here, is one of them. He calls me Ma like everyone else, but he isn’t my son. He was a skinny meth head when we first met, but a few weeks of my food in the jailhouse fixed him both mentally and physically.” She pinched his bulging cheek and added. “He’s fattening up pretty well too, don’t you think? Once you are finished it will be his turn. I may even lock you up together once I find his replacement. I’m sure you’ll find something to do.”

Hanna looked at him. “Did you hear that? She’s going to do this to you to.”

Doug nodded. “I know. Like Ma said it’s already started. But I can’t help it.”

“You’re doomed.”

Ma shrugged. “He was going nowhere anyway. Habitual drunk and drug addict. Crashed into a minivan full of people coming home from a church picnic. Killed one and crippled two. Left 3 orphans. You two are pikers compared to some of the ones who’ve been here.”

“Anyway the town is more or less cooperative. Nearly everyone eats here sooner or later. My potion works its magic on the malcontents, eventually. There was really only one exception, a relative newcomer…”

Hanna blanched. “Reverend Bob!”

“Not exactly. Like I said before, my potions don’t work on the righteous, and those two were pretty straight laced. In fact I was quite fond of Rosina and still am. So I used a different spell and a different tack to keep them in line.”

Rosina always wanted kids, but most people think it’s because Bob’s too old. In truth it’s because she was too plain for him to get aroused. They have never actually consummated their marriage. I offered to make the situation more...amenable. So now she looks like that. By the way, she’s over 60 herself. That story she told you about being his second wife isn’t true, but she thinks it is.”

“I made Bob a deal-she’d get pregnant the next time they had sex. After he agreed, I told him the whole story. She’d get younger looking and more voluptuous every day until he screwed her, then she’d stop. He’s been trying to get the spell lifted ever since.”

“I refused of course. He knew that once they had sex, he’d be in my debt, so he resisted. So I make her more irresistible every day. She has no idea what is happening to her by the way. No one else will tell her, not that she’d believe them. I was getting tired of waiting so as you’ve noticed, I have accelerated the process.  Eventually he’ll cave or Rosina won’t be able to move anymore.”

The two girls sighed as Ma pointed to the back. “There’s a toilet in the corner and a mattress on the other side. You’ll have to share. Let’s have a better look. Everything off please.” The girls did as bid and approached the bars when Ma beckoned. She poked and prodded each of them a few minutes and smiled.”Sorry for the inconvenience but like I said you won’t be here long. Now go lay down and sleep off that meal. I’ll have Douglas here feed you for the next few days.”

Chapter 15

Oddly enough, the two did not argue. They awoke to a clattering as the Deputy came in carrying a couple buckets. Hanna instantly recognized them as the table scraps from the day shift. Now she realized the pigs Ma would feed them to were themselves. Gretel realized it too. “Are we supposed to eat that?”

Douglas nodded. “And a block of fryer fat. Each. You’ll get that 4 times a day. Once Ma gets a new waitress there’ll be more.”

Hanna blanched. “The whole time we were up there filling this bucket-please don’t tell me there was someone down here.”

Doug shook his head. “Nope. That stuff went to the farm. She has real pigs too. But don’t worry about stealing their food. They went to market today. Now eat up, it’s real good and real fattening.”

Hanna scoffed. “As if. We’re never eating that.”

Douglas smiled. “Ma said yes. It’s not bad-I tried it myself. If it helps maybe feed it to eat other, naked. I’ll watch.”

Gretel looked at her sister and they both laughed, but only for a few seconds. Suddenly, a voice from the top of the stairs. “You do whatever he says. His orders are my orders.”

Without question the two disrobed and began to feed each other the disgusting meal. Douglas laughed. “Okay, time for dessert.” He pushed the two blocks of lard in and the process was repeated. He nodded as they rubbed their painful distended bellies. “No point in dressing. You’ll be too fat to wear them soon. Sleep now.”

Few days later Ma came down and shouted. “Fingers out!” Dutifully, the pair stuck their fingers through the bars and Ma felt them expertly. “Hmm, not much progress. Eat more. Eat faster. Get fat quicker.”

Then she left. The two were left to look at the damage. Hanna felt her stomach. It was so distended, she looked eight months pregnant. But of course no baby was inside. Only a hard knot filled with food covered by a 10” layer of fat. She wiped a tear and sighed. “How much longer I wonder?”

Gretel  belched. “Soon, I hope.”

Hanna frowned. “You cannot be serious. Bad as our situation is now, whatever happens next is going to be worse. We need to find a way out, before it’s too late.”

Gretel shrugged. “Sorry, I thought you meant when do we eat next?”

Hanna wagged her now-plump finger. “We just finished. You’re hungry again?”

“No. Still. I’m always hungry. Even before this. That stuff must have affected me worse than you. I never had any will power to begin with. Hanna was going to scold her anew, but she was fighting the same issue.

A couple days more and Ma came down again. This time Gretel was on the toilet, so as a bit of a joke Hanna held out a finger on each hand. Ma felt them both. “Hmm. Both about the same. Still not fat enough. Keep going. I’ll check in few days.”

Hanna resisted the impulse to laugh until she realized that once those fingers passed inspection, no good would come from it. Suddenly, she had an idea.

Douglas came to feed them their “lunch” and Hanna used all her willpower to stay away from the lard. Once their keeper had left, she watched as Gretel greedily sucked back the calorie laden meal. She could actually see her sister’s stomach distending as she forced it down faster and faster. Once complete, Gretel gasped . “Oh my God, I hate to say this, but I’m still hungry.”

Hanna smiled evilly. “Oh, then take mine.” Hanna knew she wouldn’t be able to resist for long, so was prepared to argue more forcefully. There was no need. Freshly recharged with the appetite elixer she had just consumed, Gretel practically inhaled the second block. By the end she was gasping for breath she was eating so fast.

Temporarily unable even to stand she rolled over to sleep off the meal. Hanna nodded. “Why didn’t I think of this before? This will give me time to think of a new plan.”

Chapter 16

The ruse went on for a few days until Gretel finally clued in. “You aren’t eating? Why? More importantly...how?”

Hanna nodded, “Why do you think? Look at us now.” Gretel gulped down another mouthful and realized that Hanna was smaller, but only slightly. She meanwhile, was growing to immense proportions with her double ration.

Then a noise as the stairs creaked. “Quiet-Ma’s coming I think. Now ,hide in the corner, watch and learn.”

The old woman held out her palms and advised “Let’s have you.” Hanna motioned to her sister to stay and she held out 2 fingers again. Ma wrinkled her brow. “Must be losing my touch. You two aren’t getting any fatter. In fact, you feel thinner. I’d better up your intake.”

Gretel nearly gave it away by gasping, but Hanna interjected to cover the noise. “Maybe we need more potion on it. The food’s beginning to taste bad.”

Ma nodded. “That must be it. You’ll be on target again in no time.”

Of course once she left Gretel whispered. “Are you crazy? Now we’ll fatten up even faster.”

Hanna offered. “I had to speak or she’d have heard you. Besides; I won’t get any bigger, you will.”

Gretel stuck out her tongue. “Oh yeah, suppose I don’t cooperate.”

Hanna shook her head. “I haven’t had anything but water lately. Potion’s wearing off a bit; so long as you eat all the food they give us each time before my willpower gives out, I’m good. But you have a double dose now. You’ll eat everything I pass you- and like it.”

Gretel realized it was true and sobbed. “But why are you doing this to me-I’m your sister.”

Hanna offered. “I’m not doing it at all- if you want to stop go ahead. But look at it this way. Sooner or later these fingers are going to be the right size, if we both keep pigging out. I don’t want to know what happens then, but it can’t be pleasant. This way, she still thinks were not ready for whatever she has in mind. Meanwhile, I’ll clear my head and think of something.”

Gretel sulked. “Why don’t we trade places? I’ll think of something instead.”

Hanna scoffed. “You couldn’t even think of this. Do you think you could trick me into getting fat in your place?”

Gretel laughed and poked Hanna’s still prominent belly. “Worked once, why not?”

Ignoring the barb, Hanna shook her head. “You stick to my plan. Trust me, it will work out fine.” Gretel nodded. Then her sister mumbled. For one of us anyway.

Chapter 17

Two weeks pass. Hanna has lost over 50 pounds in the time period, but Gretel has more than made up for it. Ma had kept upping the ante, as she saw her opportunity slipping away. Of course Gretel ate it all and as she consumed more of the potion, her appetite only increased.  The sibling was so immense she could barely move. There was no question of her sticking her finger out now. Hanna doubted her arm would even fit through the bars.

As if on cue Ma appeared. “Okay let’s have ‘em.” Once again she felt the fingers and sighed. “I’m at my wit’s end. I’m out of ideas, I give you more and you girls get thinner by the day.”

Hanna then shocked her sister. “I have an idea, if it will help. Ever hear the expression half a loaf is better than none.”

“Excuse me?”

Hanna explained “You said earlier you’ve never had two at one time before, so you should be satisfied with only one of us, right?  What if I were to guarantee Gretel will fatten up properly, will you let me go.”

Both at the same time said “You’d do that?”

“Yep. You need to promise you’ll spare me in return for my cooperation.”

Ma scoffed. “I don’t need your cooperation. I’m a witch.”

“How’s that going so far? If you let me off the hook, I can make sure she’s as big as you like. But you need to swear to let me go.”

Gretel sobbed from the corner. “Why would you do that?  I’m your sister.”

“Oh? The sister that conspired with Ma, to fatten me up in the first place? I think it’s a fair trade. If your fat ass hadn’t ass got stuck in the window we wouldn’t be here at all.”

“I’ve heard enough.” Ma nodded in exasperation. “What have I got to lose? I swear if and when you do perform that miracle, I’ll let you go. Witches can’t lie by the way.” Ma spat in her hand and she pair shook on it.

Hanna smiled. “Excellent. In fact. come on in. I’ll show you how I’ve done so far.”

The old woman crept in carefully and Hanna led her to the corner. “Feel.”

Ma felt Gretel’s newly enormous belly, then spread her hands around to check out the rest of her. She gasped at how much larger the twin was and twigged to the plot.

“I see. She’s been eating for two it seems. You tricked me huh. Well…”

“A deal’s a deal. You said yourself a witch can’t lie. Besides you can’t complain-I did this already for nothing.” Hanna pointed at Gretel. “Together we can fatten her up as much as you want-how big is that anyway.”

Ma felt the larger sister more thoroughly now. “Hundred pounds or so ought to do it.”

“Alright. I keep my bargains.” Ma looked at Hanna and her eyes began to glow a deep red. “You will do my bidding and you will neither try to escape nor tell anyone.”

Hanna nodded in agreement. “Maybe this is for the best. I’m slowing down and you can help me with the next ones too.”

The newly emancipated twin breathed a sigh of relief. Long as she was off the hook, she would do whatever it took. As it turned out, she became rather an eager accomplice. Far from resisting, she made extra trips to the basement, ensuring that her sister was either eating, or sleeping it off pretty well all day. Gretel was remarkably silent once the extras doses of additive kicked in. In fact, the only sound she made now was to howl like a banshee, when she was hungry.

In addition of course, Hanna tended the kitchen, cooking for the regular patrons. Ma even let her run the cash. There was no point in stealing now, she couldn’t spend it anywhere. She’d promised not to leave and for some reason, she never even tried. Nor did she blab to any of the myriad patrons who frequented the place.

After a couple weeks she’d got used to the routine and was eating again. Only enough to stay healthy and only items she’d made herself. Ma pointed to the booth in the corner. Two young women were laughing away and Hanna knew from their surreptitious behaviour, that they were laughing at her. Hanna fumed.

Ma calmed her. “Let’s try these ones out.” She put a little vinegar in each coffee and then some of the enhancer. Hanna knew what to do. She placed the drinks down with two menus. She’d barely turned around when both spat out the drink on the table.

The blond screeched. “What is this crap? This is the worst coffee I’ve ever tasted.” Her friend grimaced too. She looked at Hanna and offered. “Sorry but if you can’t make decent coffee, the food can’t be that good.”

Hanna burned but replied. “I don’t know. I eat here all the time. Tastes pretty good to me.”

The blonde giggled. “So we would end up looking like you? If that was supposed to be an incentive, no thank you. I think we will go elsewhere.”

Despite that, they left a $5 tip. The dark haired one leaned over. “Not your fault, you can’t get many tips-maybe you should go too.”

Hanna went into the kitchen, puzzled. “Your potion is not working. Maybe you made it wrong.”

Ma shook her head. “On the contrary-it works just fine. It only fools people who are not...let’s say 100% ethical. That’s why it works so well on you. Those two out there obviously were on the up and up. Don’t panic-it won’t take long to get someone suitable. You can work on them all by yourself-I want to see what kind of an apprentice you will be.”

Hanna bristled at that. “Are you saying I’m a bad person?”

Ma snickered. “Well, you are betraying your own sister to save your neck. As for her-I think she’s just a follower. If not for your bad influence, she’d probably have not been a candidate at all either.”

Hanna asked the question she’d be dreading. “You said save my neck. What...exactly...is going to happen to Gretel?”

Ma paused and thought a moment. “Guess I might as well tell you. You too have been making pigs of yourself her for months. It’s a mindset actually. Pigs are gluttons and inside so are you both. Like I said my potions only enhance the negative qualities that are already there, beneath the surface. When Gretel gets big enough, those energies will take over and she will undergo a physical transformation.”

“What kind of transformation?”

“She’ll turn into a real pig. The threshold for most, is around the 700 pound mark. Once the process begins, it takes a day or so.”

Hanna gulped. “Then what.”

Ma’s eyes glowed red again. “The negative life force in her humanity, all her evils, will be absorbed into me. It’s what gives me my power.”

“What happens after that? You....eat her I suppose?”

Ma reddened. “Of course not. This is not a fairy tale. What do you take me for?  I’m a witch, not a barbarian. There’s plenty of food for me here in any case, and I could just conjure up more if needed. Once she evolves into her real nature and her life energy has been absorbed, she’ll simply fade away. I assure you, it’s painless and she won’t even realize it’s happening. You weighed her today. How much?”

“643 pounds. Doug and I had to roll her onto the scale. She can hardly stand up now. She’s scared, but it didn’t matter. She ate a tub of grease while we were doing it.”

“That’s good. She’s nearly ready.

Hanna blanched. “What will happen to me then?”

“A promise is a promise. Besides, I’m letting you lose weight right?” Hanna stood silent as Ma scolded. “Okay enough soul searching. Go feed her again and come back up. I have a little job for you.”

Hanna did what she was told. Carrying down a five gallon bucket of table scraps, she found Gretel still digesting the load from an hour ago. Despite that she crawled over to the new meal and dove in with both hands. Gretel ignored her sister as she focussed on cramming all of the food in as fast as she could. It was then that Hanna noticed a new development on her sister’s naked back. Could it be? Yes-the beginnings of a curly little tail. A pigtail in fact.

Hanna blanched at what she had done to save her own skin. Gretel would be gone in a day or two, and it was all her fault.

She had a brain flash and felt her own back. There it was. Not as big as Gretel’s, but there was the nub of a little tail. Couldn’t be. She was losing weight.  She went back into Gretel’s cage and used the scale there. Ma’s scale upstairs had indicated she’d lost 50 pounds. This one showed 503, she had actually gained 75 pounds somehow! Despite her assurances Ma had lied. The old woman had clouded her mind and altered the scale upstairs to fool her. There would be no reprieve. Once Gretel was gone, she was next and she knew it. Not knowing what else to do, she curled up in a ball on the floor and cried herself to sleep.

Epilog 1

Hanna woke uneasily, when Ma hollered down. “Hanna! Come up please, I have a job for you.”

Frightened as she was, she was unable to disobey. “Here is my recipe book. I want you to make up a new batch of the appetite potion. Getting low. All the ingredients you need are in the cupboard under the grille.”

She felt Hanna’s belly and smiled evilly “Eat something while you are in there. You’re wasting away.” Then, she left to deal with a customer.

Obediently, Hanna rummaged through the cupboard and looked at the book. Suddenly, she had an inspiration. When Ma came in about 20 minutes later, she found her apprentice with a puzzled look.  The witch snapped “What’s wrong. I’ve seen happier faces on a slapped baby.”

Hanna shrugged. “I think I made it wrong. I tried some just in case, but it’s having no affect on my appetite. Maybe the ingredients went bad?” She took a spoon and tasted it again. “Nope, not working.”

Ma clumped over and sighed. “Nothing wrong with my ingredients. You just made it wrong, you stupid girl.”

Hanna held out the spoon. “Here you try.”

Without thinking, Ma gulped it down. She made a wry face and said. “You’re right, that’s awful. Oh wait…something’s not right. You tricked me! This isn’t the recipe I told you to make. That’s not possible- I thought of everything to make you obey.”

Hanna laughed wickedly. “Not quite. I did make the stuff you wanted. It’s right here. You’re right. I can’t disobey you. But you forgot to tell me not to make anything else. Who’s the stupid girl now?”

Ma was trembling violently now. “Something’s happening to me. What did you give me?” Hanna picked up the book and showed her the page:

How to Steal a Witch’s Powers was prominently displayed. The bottom line read. You must both partake of the potion from the same vessel for the potion to take effect.

Ma had sealed her fate by tasting from the same spoon. Suddenly she began to glow and a dark wisp flowed from her into Hanna. In a few seconds it was over as Hanna felt a new energy coursing within her. Ma for her part,began to crumble into dust. She was of course hundreds of years old and her magic no longer gave her immortality.

In seconds Ma was gone and Hanna began to feel strange. It was a good thing there was no one in the restaurant. Her skin began to glow and the room spun. She collapsed and passed out for a few moments.

Hanna finally felt better and was no longer suffering the effects of Ma’s magic potions. Now she fully realized how fat she really was. 503 pounds. She stripped off her clothes to get a better look. Her once-beautiful face had puffed up so much her own mother would not have recognized her. The puffy cheeks bulged out 3” now, simultaneously sagging under their own weight while forcing up to make her eyes into a permanent squint.

She was long past the triple chin phase. Her neck was now so thick the line from her head to her shoulders was one continuous blob of flesh. Her upper arms were 25” around and the fat under her arms prevented her from placing her arms at her side.

When the process had started, she’d been delighted to acquire boobs, but this was ridiculous. Now 71” around, they sagged under their own weight, down to her belly button. Said belly was now her largest physical feature. Four creases, each fold forming a staircase that reached to her knees when she sat.  A 93” waistline meant she was beyond globular. In fact, she was nearly twice as big around as she was tall. Only Ma’s spells had allowed her to stand or move around at all anymore.

Bringing up the rear was her enormous butt. 77” of cellulite; projecting out farther than her hands could reach now. Disgusted as she was at her appearance, she took comfort in two things. First, Gretel was nearly 150 pounds heavier. She would deal with her shortly. Second, she had Ma’s magic now, so she could reverse this.

Hanna thumbed through the book. She looked for the ingredients of a beauty potion. Ah here it is.  It must have been the same stuff Ma had made for Rosina. Carefully she mixed the ingredients and said the required incantations. The potion glowed and Hanna crossed her fingers, gulping it down.

Within seconds the potion began to work. She was shrouded in mist and when it cleared she gasped in spite of herself. She had regained her figure and then some. She was now a 42DD-22-38 siren. There was not a wrinkle, blemish or hair out of place. This would do for now. She could adapt as needed.

First she rummaged around the closet and found an old dressing gown that would fit. Now, for her sister. She altered the potion slightly, carefully making sure not to spill any on herself.

She stepped into the dining area and was about to go into the cellar when she noticed she was not alone.

An older woman stood there, smiling at her. “Sorry ma’am we are closed today. Ma’s not here and Gretel’s...sick.”

“It’s fine dear. I just came to thank you.”

Hanna recognized the voice, but had to ask. “Rosina? Is that you?”

“In the flesh. Much less of it now, it seems.”  Then she looked at Hanna, “Oh sorry dear, no offence meant. I’m back to my old self now, is what I meant. Ma’s spells on good people died with her. We have reverted to our original form. You too, it would seem?”

“Oh. Yes that’s it.” Hanna shrugged. “I’ll give this a try. I can help you as well....?”

“No dear. We know what Ma was and do not wish to repeat the ordeal.  I just wanted to thank you for releasing us from our torment.”

“Us?”

As if on cue, Reverend Bob appeared, along with Deputy Doug. “Ma was lying to you about us. It was her private joke. We have a son here already. He’s a good boy. Make someone a fine husband, you know. Nice looking too.”

He was. He’d lost at least 75 pounds and his hair and complexion had improved. Douglas blushed. “I’m sorry for what happened to you. Couldn’t help it-it was Ma. She made me do all that stuff, you know. But I never did any of the bad stuff she told you about. It was all a lie to make people hate me.”

Hanna looked him over and thought to herself. I’ll deal with him later. She had more pressing business. “Can we pick up on this tomorrow? I need to take care of my sister.”

Reverend Bob nodded. “Of course. Can we help?”

Hanna shook her head. “No, I got this. For now, just be assured that things will be different around here from now on. Now please...” She pointed at the door. As the trio left, she locked the door behind her and rushed downstairs.

Hanna gasped. Gretel had changed. But not in the way that Hanna had expected. Her sister was not only completely human, she’d returned to her normal 170 pound figure. Ma had been right about her. She was basically good, and had changed on her own. The fact that she herself had not didn’t really bother her. Now she could be anyone she wanted. But Gretel’s weight loss was inconvenient to her revenge.

Still not quite herself, the plumper sister looked around, realizing she was in a cell, filthy and completely naked. Then she started shrieking “Oh my God, what happened?”

“Relax. It’s a long story. You’ve had a rough few days.”

Gretel shook her head. “I don’t mean me. Hanna is that really you? You’re...beautiful.”

“Don’t remind me. For now let’s get you cleaned up. Come upstairs please.”

Hanna snickered as she watched her sister’s fat ass waddling up the stairs.

Gretel took a shower and came out wearing a towel. She asked. “Where’s Ma?”

“Gone. You might say I’m taking her place. From now on things are going to be different.”

Gretel sighed. “If you really have the power can you make me look like you?”

“Sure. There’s a potion on the counter. That should do the trick.” Hmm. It was confirmed. Witches can lie.

Gretel reached down and began to drink.

Suddenly, Hanna shouted. “No. Not that one. The other one...”

Too late. Gretel drank the remaining fluid. It was the potion Hanna had given to Ma earlier. In seconds, Hanna had lost her powers to Gretel, who now realized what her sister had really planned. “The other one. It’s not a beauty potion is it? It’s the weight gain formula?”

Hanna nodded. “I was mad. Please.

Gretel glared. “I’m not like you. Tell you what. I still want to be the pretty one for a change, but I’ll promise you will always be the second skinniest woman in this town. Next to me, of course.”

“You swear?”

Gretel nodded. “Witches honour.”

Hanna sighed in relief. They were not exactly identical these two. Hanna had intended on halting the transformation process, but Gretel would have ended up 1000 pounds heavier, if she could manage it.

A year passes. Rosina comes in for lunch with Doug. Gretel waddles out. She had not lost an ounce, despite her magic powers. Said powers were saved for emergency only, and the book was safely hidden away. She was too busy being a mom to her twin girls and a wife to Doug, who’d proved a devoted and loyal husband. He had been very helpful in getting the restaurant re-zoned so that it was no longer in town. That meant that technically, Gretel and Hanna were the only female residents in a town of their own.

That reminded her. “Hanna? Can you come out? Tables to bus, please.”

It took a minute or two. The twin wasn’t as fast on her feet anymore, with good reason. She weighed 778 pounds now, and as she moved from table to table she would eat all the scraps from each plate, before putting it in the dirty dish cart. Only Gretel’s magic allowed her to move her 88-144-96 frame from place to place.

Rosina leaned in. “Gretel dear. Don’t you think your sister has suffered enough? You did trick her with that promise, you know.”

Gretel smiled. “Oh let’s keep it up a couple more week. By then she won’t fit between the tables anyway. I’ll get her down to what I was, before this thing started. Then we will see if her attitude is changed. If not, we start it all over again.”

Gretel smiled to herself. I can hardly wait.

The end

Epilog 2 Note starts out same as above but different ending. See note below where to start

Hanna woke uneasily, when Ma hollered down. “Hanna! Come up please, I have a job for you.”

Frightened as she was, she was unable to disobey. “Here is my recipe book. I want you to make up a new batch of the appetite potion. Getting low. All the ingredients you need are in the cupboard under the grille.”

She felt Hanna’s belly and smiled evilly “Eat something while you are in there. You’re wasting away.” Then, she left to deal with a customer.

Obediently, Hanna rummaged through the cupboard and looked at the book. Suddenly, she had an inspiration. When Ma came in about 20 minutes later, she found her apprentice with a puzzled look.  The witch snapped “What’s wrong. I’ve seen happier faces on a slapped baby.”

Hanna shrugged. “I think I made it wrong. I tried some just in case, but it’s having no affect on my appetite. Maybe the ingredients went bad?” She took a spoon and tasted it again. “Nope, not working.”

Ma clumped over and sighed. “Nothing wrong with my ingredients. You just made it wrong, you stupid girl.”

Hanna held out the spoon. “Here you try.”

Without thinking, Ma gulped it down. She made a wry face and said. “You’re right, that’s awful. Oh wait…something’s not right. You tricked me! This isn’t the recipe I told you to make. That’s not possible- I thought of everything to make you obey.”

Hanna laughed wickedly. “Not quite. I did make the stuff you wanted. It’s right here. You’re right. I can’t disobey you. But you forgot to tell me not to make anything else. Who’s the stupid girl now?”

Ma was trembling violently now. “Something’s happening to me. What did you give me?” Hanna picked up the book and showed her the page:

How to Steal a Witch’s Powers was prominently displayed. The bottom line read. You must both partake of the potion from the same vessel for the potion to take effect.

Ma had sealed her fate by tasting from the same spoon. Suddenly she began to glow and a dark wisp flowed from her into Hanna. In a few seconds it was over as Hanna felt a new energy coursing within her. Ma for her part,began to crumble into dust. She was of course hundreds of years old and her magic no longer gave her immortality.

In seconds Ma was gone and Hanna began to feel strange. It was a good thing there was no one in the restaurant. Her skin began to glow and the room spun. She collapsed and passed out for a few moments.

Hanna finally felt better and was no longer suffering the effects of Ma’s magic potions. Now she fully realized how fat she really was. 503 pounds. She stripped off her clothes to get a better look. Her once-beautiful face had puffed up so much her own mother would not have recognized her. The puffy cheeks bulged out 3” now, simultaneously sagging under their own weight while forcing up to make her eyes into a permanent squint.

She was long past the triple chin phase. Her neck was now so thick the line from her head to her shoulders was one continuous blob of flesh. Her upper arms were 25” around and the fat under her arms prevented her from placing her arms at her side.

When the process had started, she’d been delighted to acquire boobs, but this was ridiculous. Now 71” around, they sagged under their own weight, down to her belly button. Said belly was now her largest physical feature. Four creases, each fold forming a staircase that reached to her knees when she sat.  A 93” waistline meant she was beyond globular. In fact, she was nearly twice as big around as she was tall. Only Ma’s spells had allowed her to stand or move around at all anymore.

Bringing up the rear was her enormous butt. 77” of cellulite; projecting out farther than her hands could reach now. Disgusted as she was at her appearance, she took comfort in two things. First, Gretel was nearly 150 pounds heavier. She would deal with her shortly. Second, she had Ma’s magic now, so she could reverse this.

Hanna thumbed through the book. She looked for the ingredients of a beauty potion. Ah here it is.  It must have been the same stuff Ma had made for Rosina. Carefully she mixed the ingredients and said the required incantations. The potion glowed and Hanna crossed her fingers, gulping it down.

Within seconds the potion began to work. She was shrouded in mist and when it cleared she gasped in spite of herself. She had regained her figure and then some. She was now a 42DD-22-38 siren. There was not a wrinkle, blemish or hair out of place. This would do for now. She could adapt as needed.

First she rummaged around the closet and found an old dressing gown that would fit. Now, for her sister. She altered the potion slightly, carefully making sure not to spill any on herself.

She stepped into the dining area and was about to go into the cellar when she noticed she was not alone.

If you read the first ending start here:..........................................................................................................................................................

It was Rosina. As usual, she looked different. But this time the change was not physical. She had a very stern look on her face.

“My, you’ve changed my dear. Which one are you?”

“H-Hanna. You don’t seem shocked.”

“Nothing would shock me anymore. Where’s Ma?”

“Gone. Turns out she was a witch and I was under her spell. You were too. Don’t worry- I took her powers. Guess you could say I’m the new Ma around here. Things will be different around here, I promise.”

Rosina went into the kitchen and found the beauty potion and then the power stealing one. Hmm not bad for the first time.

Hanna blanched. “Don’t drink that!”

Rosina laughed in an uncharacteristically evil manner. “Don’t fret-I have no intention of doing that. I don’t need it to take your powers, but it might take mine.” She tossed the offending drink down the drain.

“Yours?”Hanna frowned “What are you talking about?”

“My name-Rosina Leckermaul? Does that not seem familiar to you?”

“No. Should it?”

Rosina laughed. “Look it up some time. For years Ma has subsisted on the evil energies of her victims. That keeps the town clean of bad kharma. That leaves me to feed off the beauty, vigour and youth of the girls that remain. How do you think I got to look like this? The ones that go to...”

Hanna gasped as she finished the sentence. “...church.”

“Yes. I agreed to marry that old preacher to be around his flock. He figured it out eventually; but can’t do anything about it. I absorbed most of his will a long time ago. He’s on autopilot for the most part now.”

Hanna shook her head in disbelief. “I don’t understand.”

“Ma was not the real witch, but she thought she was. She was only my servant. She probably told you she was centuries old. In reality, I captured her about 30 years ago and only gave her enough power to do my bidding.” Her eyes glowed red. “And now you and your sister will be her replacements.”

Hanna realized her fate was sealed but had to ask. “What about Gretel?”

Rosina glared. “She’ll be fine. As long as you two keep me happy, of course. Neither of you can do that in your present physical states of course. I can fix that too.”

Hanna began to weep. “Please. I don’t want to be fat again, especially if its forever. Anything but that.”

Rosina frowned. “You aren’t in a position to bargain, but I’m a fair person. Tell you what. I’ll let you stay like that and make Gretel the same. How about this? You’ve developed a bit of a sweet tooth on this adventure. Suppose you could eat anything you wanted without getting fat?  Would that appeal to you?

Hanna nodded. “Of course. I was actually going to do that myself anyway.”

“ Good, then we are on the same page. From now on, anything you eat above what you need to survive, will turn to fat on your sister.”

Hanna cackled. “So I could gorge myself and Gretel will turn into a fat blob?”

Rosina nodded. “If you want, yes. Bit mean-spirited under the circumstances ...”

Hanna cut her off “I’m in. How does this work?”

“Easy.” She spat in her hand and stuck it out. “You sure? No do overs on this.”

Hanna grabbed her hand. “None needed.”

Rosina laughed. “Good then I look forward to working with you.” The buxom preacher’s wife turned to leave.

Hanna asked. “It that it?”

“For you it is. For now, anyway. Now all I have to do is convince your sister to take the same deal. Shouldn’t be hard, when she finds out what you’ve done.”

Hanna gasped. “Wait. You tricked me. You never said you’d offer her the same deal.”

“And you didn’t ask. I thought you said you were the smart one?  In any case, your fate will depend on good will and cooperation, which I’m sure will work out well for both of you.”

The door swung shut.

Twelve years pass. Gretel comes out and sees a young woman doing a Dine n Dash. She asks Hanna for help. “Hey you’re supposed to be watching the front.”

Hanna smiled. “So sue me. I’m having a snack. Douglas is outside. He’ll grab her.”

Hanna went back to eating her pizza. A whole pizza at that. Gretel begged. “Please don’t eat that. I weigh 570 pounds already.”

Between bites Hanna snickered. “This is payback honey. I saw you eating that bag of donuts in bed last night. I’m only a pound behind you. Besides, it may be a while before we get to do this again.” She gestured to the doorway where the young woman was still resisting. “Looks like we will have a new recruit to deal with.”

She sobbed. “I’m sorry for stealing. I was so hungry.”

In unison the twins smiled and said. “You came to the right place, dear. We’ll make sure you never go hungry again.”

The end

Eplilog 3

She jumped, as her head slipped onto the counter. The young woman started, as she looked at Ma, who was chuckling away. “Sleeping on the job, huh? Maybe I should dock your pay?”

“What......sleeping? Where’s my sister?”

“Your sister? What sister?”

“Gretel. She works here too.”

“April honey, you’re worrying me a bit. Did you have a bad dream or something?”

“Why are you calling me April? My name’s Hanna.”

Ma frowned and pulled an envelope out. There was a paycheck addressed to April Mulligan. “See? This is yours. There’s no Gretel here, and no Hanna either. Never has been. Forget what I said about docking your pay. I’mgonna call Doc Wilson to come look you over. Just as a precaution.”

April collected her thoughts and shook her head. “No, I’m okay. You’re right. Just a bad dream.”

“Good. Now seeing as you’re already sitting, I made you a snack.” Ma’s idea of a “snack” consisted of 3 bacon cheeseburgers, with glazed donuts as the top and bottom bun. A double order of fries and a large chocolate shake, to round it off.

April gasped. “Even if I could possibly eat all this, I don’t wanna get fat.” Her intentions were good, but the horse had left the barn already. The young waitress’ journey into obesity was already well in hand . Her waitress dress was already so tight, she could barely breathe. With perfect timing, the button over the middle of her pot belly popped off and sailed across the counter top. Immediately the flesh beneath made a bid for freedom as it poked though the gap.

She blushed. “Oh my God. I need to cut down. I’ll never get a man like this...”

“You already have a man. My son, Douglas. You know-your husband?”

“I-I’m married?”

“ Yep.”

“How long?”

“Long enough for this to happen.” She poked the belly and smiled. “Just think-in a few months you’ll be a mom and I’ll be a grandmother.”

April tugged at her dress with one hand and pushed the plate away. “So confused.  I-I think I need to lie down a bit.”

“Eat first. You need to keep up your strength dear. Just do your best. Remember. You’re eating for two now. Well-three, if you want to be specific about it.”

She was beginning to remember. Pregnant with twins. How far along was she? Her belly was already massive. She tried to remember, but couldn’t.

“Look, why don’t  you come out back and eat this? You can’t work like that anyway. We can’t have my favourite daughter-in-law parading herself out for all to see, can we? I’ll measure you up for a new dress.”

Once they got out back, Ma advised.  “Let me help you out of that. Up on the scale, please.”

“Uh. Why do you need to weigh me for a dress? Just get one a couple sizes bigger.”

“It’s not for the dress, silly. It’s for the doctor. We’re supposed to measure your weight gain.”

“Gain? I’m gaining weight?”

“Naturally. Show me a pregnant women who hasn’t. It’s for the baby-all perfectly fine dear. Just trust me.”

The numbers stopped at 211 pounds. Ma whipped out her tape and expertly measured her up. Let’s see. Hips-50. Bust-46. One of the fringe benefits is they get bigger too. That’s an E cup I think. She checked the tag. Oh. EE.Well it looks like you are into F territory now. We’ll have to find one of those too. Take that off. It must pinch.

“It does.” April did as she was asked and breathed a sigh of relief as her boobs now sagged onto her belly. She patted it and snorted. “This is the collateral damage though.” Ma measured her there and her girth was 39”.

“But there’s a good reason, right?” Ma patted the bulge. “You look after my grandchildren in there.” Then she whispered “Get as fat as you like honey. It’s the upside of being pregnant.  But for now, you’re not dressed for company. You best stay here and eat while I rustle you up some new clothes. Tell you what-if you finish it all, I have a treat. Nice piece of cherry pie. Now eat up girl, or I’ll be offended.”

April sighed and took a sip of her shake. Then another, as her eyes brightened at the taste. Suddenly she was famished and began to wolf down the burgers. Ma went out back clucking to herself. She reached into her pocket, pulled out a small remote and pressed the green button. The four hidden cameras would now record everything in the kitchen from any angle. Too bad she couldn’t get the weighing and measuring on camera too, but of course she didn’t want to appear in the image herself. As it was, she had full high def video of a nearly naked young woman obliviously gorging herself into the next dress size.

It was a close call though. The girl’s name really was Hanna and she wasn’t pregnant. She had fallen for the little fake pay check ruse again, as she had every day for the past six weeks. In fact, Hanna didn’t really work here at all. It was all an elaborate deception.

Unknown to herself, the young woman was really a captive. Her food was laced with an experimental schizophrenia treatment that worked a bit like Rohypnol. It didn’t knock her out, but it did fog her conscious memory and made her very suggestible. The regular doses keep her in check for the most part and the addition of appetite stimulants made sure she was usually in the right frame of mind.

Unlike the usual assortment of runaways and ne’er do wells Douglas brought in off the streets, Hanna had actually sought her out. She’d come here looking for her sister, who’d been shipped off six months before. That one had been easier. Was Gretel her name? There’d been so many she had trouble keeping all the names straight.

She was better with faces and figures. Gretel was it? That one had weighed 170 pounds from the beginning. Hanna was more of a challenge, as she was all skin and bones when she arrived. Normally, Ma would not have bothered. Douglas would bring runts in every so often. She’d find an excuse to fire them after a week or so, as fattening them up was too much work. But it still worked in her favour, because those few would move on as legitimate former employees, who could testify that nothing was amiss here.

Hanna was special case. She’d come for her sister, not a job. Ma was worried that if she raised a stink about finding her twin, the cops would not be far behind. Somehow she needed to be silenced and this was better than the alternative.

Her sponsors paid well for these girls. 10 grand apiece, but they had to weigh at least 250 pounds or they wouldn’t take them. No exceptions and they weighed each one themselves, at the time of sale.  That’s why she had Douglas search out the fattest ones he could find. Even if they were already up to standard, she would always try to make them bigger. First, it proved they were totally under her control. Second, she got $100 for every pound she could pack on over the minimum. The real April had only been here three days, just long enough to pacify her. At 420 pounds, she was already so fat; they’d just called for a pickup right away. And Ma pocketed $27,000 (less expenses of course). For his cut, Doc Wilson had proved indispensable. His potions kept them in check and in return he got 20%, plus the odd night alone with the prettiest ones.

Of course the medications could only go so far. They couldn’t disguise the moment when the buyers arrived and her former “employees” finally realized what was going to happen to them. She assumed they would end up in the sex trade somewhere, willingly or not. But she didn’t really care and she had the video footage to sell as a side income.

Hanna still had 40 pounds to go and there was little time to get her ready. No bonus this time, it would seem. Seeing as she’d had so little to work with, Ma had asked for more time. The extension was denied, so Hanna really needed to up her intake so she’d be ready when the van came.

Ah here we are. She found a dress Hanna could grow into. Last girl that wore it was....Shirley, if memory served. That one had weighed nearly 300 pounds, when she’d finished; so this would do for the duration. The bra was harder. Plenty of the previous girls had huge tits; it was one of the major reasons for fattening them up in the first place. But the extra weight meant the garments didn’t stand up for long. Probably have to raid the thrift stores again for some replacements. Finally, she pulled one that looked promising. 50G. Bit oversize, but she’d grow into it, if her sister was any indication. Too bad they hadn’t shown up at the same time. She could have held out for more money. A twin sale was a lifetime event.

The owner crept back to the kitchen and peeked in the window. Despite the medication, Hanna’s subconscious had been hard to overcome. For the first couple weeks, Ma had spent hours on end hand feeding her like a baby and coaxing her to eat a little more each time. She hoped that Hanna had finished at least one of the burgers by now. She had. All three, in fact. She was now actively engaged in eating the promised cherry pie. But not a piece. She was scarfing the whole pie down, as if there was no tomorrow.

The newly delighted Ma nearly cackled, but was scared to break the mood. Hanna finally sat back and belched, rubbing her distended belly in both pain and contentment.

Ma switched off the cameras and went in. “Looks like you’ve been busy. You need to finish your shake, though.” Ma made sure she got every drop, as that had the medication in it.

She tossed the bra over and Hanna complained. “It’s a bit big isn’t it? My boobs are lost in this thing.”

Ma helped her adjust the straps and cupped each breast. “Yes, but not for long. Once you hit the third trimester, this will be tight too. Lets’ make sure.” She pulled a pitcher of the shake mixture from the fridge and filled her glass anew. “You’ll be feeding two b**s with those soon; so we need to get as much milk in you as possible. The bigger they get, the better. Now, down the hatch.”

Hanna frowned. “I don’t think it works that way.” Nevertheless, she sucked back the sweet drink greedily. Ma waited a few seconds for the potions to take effect. She recognized the look and reached to fill her glass once more. It wasn’t necessary. Hanna reached out and grabbed the pitcher, drinking out of it greedily. The side effects notwithstanding, the shakes alone were good for 3500 calories.

Once complete, Ma suggested. “You better clean yourself up and lay down for a bit. I’ll wake you for dinner in an hour. I’ll make you another of those pies you like so much, for dessert.”

Hanna blanched. “An hour?”

Ma worried. “Yes. Why. I hope you saved room?”

“Well that’s the thing. It must be the b**s. I bet I gained 5 pounds today, but for some reason I still feel hungry. Truth be told, I could eat another pie right now. I know it’s fattening, but they are so good”

“I got one left. I’ll feed it to you if you like?”

“Oh yes. I feel so sinful eating like this.”

“Sinful?” Ma smiled as she opened the fridge to fetch another. “My dear you have no idea.”

The end

So there you have it. This was a request actually and is my first attempt at fantasy/magic.

One more thing. I've modified the original story line a bit to eliminate the vore from the fairy tale.

Not really into that sort of thing and this site doesn't like it anyway.

I had to come up with an alternative spin that hopefully makes sense enough not to ruin it.

I hope you enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your warning that this is not a feel good story. But it was pleasure to read it. And I feel something deeper in this powerful narrative.

When they move into the cellar, it’s like a regression into the uterus where one was in a constantly warm and dark environment.

Strangely, your story reminds me of the life of an employed person, of our life. One must work for someone else, one must consume goods, one is not free, but dependent, it’s not transparent and not right, how it goes. Control mechanisms (cf. the deputy…) fail. Everyone is drawn in (even the church, in your story). Everyone is part of it. One strives to save enough money to be free from it, but fails. THIS is no feel good story.The watchdogs are worse than those they watch, they are on the wrong side. They are jailers. They watch the victims, not the perpetrator, as in an Orwellian dystopy. This reminds me of real world facts or hypotheses like “The industry makes us fat with sugar and fast food” or “Drug business = CIA = Wall Street = secret government” (cf. Michael C. Ruppert). The corrupt deputy might be interpreted as a metaphor for an intelligence apparatus that works against the own people, which is “kept in the dark” like Hanna and Gretel. Your “not a feel good story” feels uncannily realistic.