Diana Sirokai

zachi

2 hours ago, BAF567 said:

I've noticed. I guess its time to give up and accept that she's losing weight. Oh well it was a good run 😐

If the Mayara Russi weight ride has taught me anything its that nothings forsure and especially plus size models weight fluctuations can be quite wild. so don´t count a Diana Sirokai regain out just yet.

12 hours ago, DanishFan87 said:

If the Mayara Russi weight ride has taught me anything its that nothings forsure and especially plus size models weight fluctuations can be quite wild. so don´t count a Diana Sirokai regain out just yet.

Mayara slimmed down because she was continually size-shamed and harrased by her own peers and employers - which is counterproductive, given the fact they're all working up into the Plus Size modelling industry and that the average Brazilian model would make pass Tess Holliday for an average bystander... -  and that she had a hard time booking jobs with her formerly 350+lbs body: until she either adopted a "f**k it" attitude about it, that size stigma toward heavier Plus Size models rapidly stagnated ove the past few years or that she somehow aquired some form of leverage within the industry, but since then she simply bounced back to her heaviest weight.

Diana's antics are totally different: she used to be far less bigger and physically fit when she started to get booked out into the Western Plus Size modelling industry (totally different cultural standards, clientele and business model) . Then the years passed and she blimped out to the point you could even notice she struggle keeping a decent walking pace with her fellow models in commercials or while working out with her dad. Moreover, unlikely Mayara who expressed some concerns about her size, Diana had long never really enjoyed how far her body keep widening out, most peculiarly her enlarged belly and forming doublechin. Mayara seems far less self-conflictual about her size "issue" than Diana does.

1 hour ago, John Smith said:

Mayara slimmed down because she was continually size-shamed and harrased by her own peers and employers - which is counterproductive, given the fact they're all working up into the Plus Size modelling industry and that the average Brazilian model would make pass Tess Holliday for an average bystander... -  and that she had a hard time booking jobs with her formerly 350+lbs body: until she either adopted a "f**k it" attitude about it, that size stigma toward heavier Plus Size models rapidly stagnated ove the past few years or that she somehow aquired some form of leverage within the industry, but since then she simply bounced back to her heaviest weight.

Diana's antics are totally different: she used to be far less bigger and physically fit when she started to get booked out into the Western Plus Size modelling industry (totally different cultural standards, clientele and business model) . Then the years passed and she blimped out to the point you could even notice she struggle keeping a decent walking pace with her fellow models in commercials or while working out with her dad. Moreover, unlikely Mayara who expressed some concerns about her size, Diana had long never really enjoyed how far her body keep widening out, most peculiarly her enlarged belly and forming doublechin. Mayara seems far less self-conflictual about her size "issue" than Diana does.

You make a good argument John and I will admit I haven´t really studied Diana´s career and the western european marked that much to analyse moving parts of the industry with what the norms are and whats acceptable.

But yes the brazilian marked has moved a lot from Mayara´s heaviest to her reaching her new regain peak, (tho not as heavy as her all time peak)

Besides as you said, Diana´s motives and mindset seems different from Mayara´s. so as of right now a Diana regain is prolly not on the horison for the near future.

Unfortunately I think you’re right. She’ll never get slim or even back to her plus modelling entry size but she’s starting to lose some of the bulk and bloat she displayed towards the end of 2019. 2018 through to then was a significant change in her body. Her thighs and arms developed rolls and her face and belly blew up! She easily gained 20lbs during that period and i reckon that’s the sort of weight she’ll end up losing.

or she just totally gives up during the lockdown and gains another 10!!  

Guest Sweet Jujube
On 4/6/2020 at 8:09 AM, John Smith said:

Plus Size modelling has become a very big industry here in Brazil in recent years. With body positive instagramers becoming a lot more famous, it encouraged the emergence of a pletora of new Plus Size models. Also some cosmetics and clothes stores are adapting their shops and including fat people on their commercials.

There is still much stigma and body shamming around here but little by little I think we can combat that. 🙂

41 minutes ago, TKG133 said:

Feel like it's depending on the outfits there.

Also, don't read the comments. A lot of the ones I just read are horrible. Why is it the "It'S nOt HeAlThY" crowd never direct this sort of vitriol at fat guys like Rick Ross, Action Bronson, DJ Khaled, etc. when they go about topless? They only direct it towards women...