A Bet is a Bet

et809

* This is an old unfinished story I found sitting in my drive. I wrote it some years ago, so it might contain some poor writing. I'll be posting what I have, and if there's a good response, I might attempt finishing it. Hope you enjoy it, anyway *

-Are you excited for your next contract?

-You know I like to keep expectations low. Plus it’ll be six months away from you guys. I kind of miss Robb already.

-I miss him, too…

John and Lucy each took a sip of coffee in the office lounge. It was a quarter past 4pm and John noticed how Lucy was eyeing some of the eclairs in a bowl on the coffee table.

-Jeez, I feel so ashamed of how much I’ve let myself go - she said, now looking at her waist.

-Oh stop that, you look good as ever.

-Oh, it means a lot coming from you…

-I mean objectively. I promise it’s not an FA mindgame or anything… this time.

-Ha, ‘objectively’. What is that even supposed to mean?

John jokingly raised his eyebrows in a forced smile and looked at Lucy’s cleavage. She rolled her eyes.

-*Sigh* Whatever. I still feel better when I’m slimmer. And I didn’t want Robb to come back to find me like this.

-Well, eating eclairs like that certainly won’t help.

-I shust need fome motifation- She said with her mouth now full. John silently gulped and enjoyed the scene for a few seconds.

-Wait… motivation, you say? That gives me an idea…

-Oh no, that evil grin again. You know I never buy your plans to make me fat.

-At least give me a chance. It’s in your best interest. Plus you get a say on the final terms. What about… a bet?

-Hahaha, good try. For a moment you almost had me there.

-C’mon, give me a chance. - she sighed once more and signaled John to continue, while biting the next eclair. - Right… You say you would like to be in a better shape by the time Robb comes back. That’s like… one month from now? And a few more days? -Lucy confirmed with a nod and swallowed - And how much less would you like to weigh by then?

-About… 8 pounds? - She said a little uncertain.

-Well, I bet you can’t lose that before he comes back.

-That’s unsurprising. Ok, if I managed to do that, what is in it for me? And don’t say “you get to lose 8 pounds”.

-You can ask me anything. With one condition. My deadline to pay my side of the bet must be when I come back from the business trip.

-Sounds fair. But… what do you want in case I fail? - He had that cliche look in his face when villains are about to reveal their master plan. He extended his hand dramatically showing three fingers.

-Three rules! You have to obey them until I come back. One: You can’t talk about this bet to anyone. Two: You can’t weigh yourself. And three: You can’t refuse any direct or indirect invitation to eat food.

Lucy paused for a moment. At least the bet was an interesting concept. She wondered where John gets these ideas. But of course there were some problems with it.

-I have to admit you are at least creative, John. But believe you’ll agree with me when I say these are rather vague terms.

-I expected you’d say that. I just wanted to sound dramatic back there. You must be wondering about the ‘indirect’ invitations, right? By that I mean if someone invites you to a party, bowling, movies or whatever, if you think there is a reasonable chance there will be food, you are obligated to attend to such event. And before you complain, let me say. I am willing to sponsor you partially.

-You sure put a lot of effort in seeing me get fat.

-Well, that part is up to you. You said you wanted motivation. All I’m doing is giving you both the positive and the negative incentives. After all, I know you don’t like when your weight goes up, and I hate to see you unhappy.

John could be the deviant he’s always been, but Lucy loved when he said cute things like this. In the back of her mind, she briefly regretted them not having worked out together.  

-You still fantasize about me gaining weight.

-Well, yeah. But, if anything, my fantasy is seeing you fat AND happy.

-OK, you won me over, you charming bastard. But…!

-Here it comes…

-My condition is: if you lose…

-What do you mean you’re not telling?

-It doesn’t matter. She’s not going to win. Plus, even on the off chance she actually goes against everything I know about metabolism and manages to lose 4 lbs in a week, you would be disappointed with  my side of the bet.

-Man, that really sucks, you not telling me it. So you never expected it to actually be a bet? - Robb replied, ignoring his initial curiosity. John might not actually know it, but it was actually quite easy to see through him. If he didn’t want to tell the secret, it was because it would be worse for the both of them if Robb discovered it.

-Well, yeah, but it isn’t an evil plan to make her fat either. Quite the opposite. I actually expect her to lose weight. From the beginning I was planning on calling off the bet when she finally lost it, the day before you arrive. That way she gets her motivation to lose weight, but the risk of failing is only in her mind.

-Since when have you become such a nice guy? Seriously, I get away for a few months and all kinds of stuff happen. And by the way, I had a look at her pictures on Facebook and man, were you right. I have to say some of your taste seems to be rubbing off on me.

-Whoa, really? I didn’t expect that coming from you.

-What can I say? Her boobs do look a lot more inviting now. I almost wish she didn’t want to impress me by losing weight. I even wonder how she would like with another 5 pounds on top of that.

John stared reactionless at the screen for a while. Then he started typing again.

-Now, see, you almost got me. I can’t tell if you’re being serious when I can’t look at your face like this.

-You can’t tell in person either, hahaha. Man, you have terrible bullshit detection skills.

-Shut up, hahah. Well, I have to go now. I hope to see you soon. What do you say, Ricky’s with Lucy when you get back?

-Seems a great idea. So, until then.

-See ya, man.

Robb closed his laptop and lay down on the hotel bed. John sure was bad at calling bullshit sometimes.

-Still, it’s a pity I won’t get to see them in person…

-So, how do you feel?

-I feel like a loser. A fat loser.

-Oh, c’mon. Look at how much weight you’ve lost. - John said pointing at the mirror.

-Well, yeah, but there’s no way I reached my goal. Which means you’ll make me gain it all back. Probably even more. I may even become the biggest I’ve ever been. I haven’t weighed that much since highsch… Oh geez, stop with that creepy look!

-Hey, you’re the one teasing me here!

John turned away trying to conceal the start of an erection. Controlling himself was hard enough with Lucy standing in his bedroom only in her underwear. All this talk about alternative possibilities was even more tempting.

-OK, now let’s get this over with. From my notes, you started at a mouthwatering 141 pounds, and our agreed goal was for you to lose, by exactly today, 8 pounds, which should put you at 133 pounds. So, if you will, please step on the scales.

Lucy was quite nervous. She couldn’t believe she let herself fall in John’s trap. She should’ve know better.

-Could you please look at the number? - she did so and frowned, then closed her eyes - And say it.

-One hndedtutify…

-Out loud…

-One hundred thirty five! I hope you are satisfied, you big jerk!

For a moment john could just grin, but slowly started laughing. After he got his breath back, he revealed his decision.

-I hereby release you from your contract. Feel proud! In the end you actually managed to lose most of the weight that you wanted!

-You’re kidding me… you’re fucking kidding me!

She proceeded to spend the next few seconds slapping him and laughing. She missed him already.

-So that’s how you lost all the weight?

-Yep, thanks to John. Who’d’ve guessed, right? Of all people, he was the most effective in making me get thinner.

-I wish we had had more time together before he had to go.

-Yeah, having you away for so long was bad enough. Now for the company to choose him right after you, that’s cruel. Well, at least you got to enjoy it while you were away, right?

-Oh, yeah, it was wonderful. For starters, the hotel? Amazing. They sure don’t mind spending money on us.

-Well, they shouldn’t, considering our office has been on top of the national rank for the last 3 years. You know what, I’m starting to think it’s not that much of a coincidence after all. I mean, you two are in the top 5 here, at least!

-Well, maybe. Don’t inflate my ego that much. You’re easily the best one here anyway.

-Yeah, that’s why they sent me 2 years ago, hahaha.

-Oh, cocky as always. But yeah, how great would it be if we three ended up being sent to the headquarters next year or so?

-Yeah…

After a brief pause, Robb broke the silence.

-I kind of feel like Mexican at Don Pablo’s tonight. What do you say?

Her gaze seemed to drift to the horizon for a moment. It looked like she was making a decision, but not just if she wanted Mexican or not. This got Robb wondering. The look on her face changed to a sincere smile.

-Yeah, sure. Mexican sounds great.

Don Pablo’s was one of the trio’s usual spots. They had been good friends since college, and as luck would have it, got jobs at the same company. They spent most of their free time together, too, and knew almost every detail of each other's personal lives.

John was the quirky, creative guy. He was always very open minded and usually got along well with others, though he tended to be a little introverted. Physically, he was of average height, with olive skin and very dark brown hair. He used to be on the chubby side but, during the final years of college, managed to drop some weight and got considerably athletic. This, however, didn’t change his preference for heavier women. He had known he was an FA since his teenage years, and it didn’t take very long for his friends to find that out. Jokes apart, they all accepted it and, excluding the eventual mind games he tried to play on Lucy, it didn’t affect their relationship very much.

Much like John, Robb was kind of an introvert. However, he was way more down-to-earth, and usually was responsible to keep both of his friends on track. He had a great sense of humor, though, and an extensive knowledge about his various interests was sure to always keep a conversation going. He was slim and had fair skin. Slightly taller than John, his hair was black, which along with a pair of glasses and a serene expression, gave him a very respectable look.

Neither of the two guys really dated much. They did have their girlfriends at some points, but were both single at the moment. Years after college, they both revealed to each other how they had hooked up with Lucy, and ironically, figured out they had been dating her at the same time. Instead of breaking their relationship or even fighting about the unexpected find, they both laughed about how they had no idea about it. John, being such a deviant, even tried to convince Robb that they should confront Lucy, but instead of just asking for an apology they would demand a more substantial compensation.

Robb of course refused, either for his rational nature telling him that their chance with Lucy had gone or for his discomfort with the idea of having sex with not only one, but two of his best friends ever. Or maybe it was just that he didn’t want to see John naked. Who knows. In the end they agreed to keep their finding a secret of their own.

Lucy was the extrovert. Being the only one in the group with so many diverse social circles, it was a little surprising she kept so close to the trio after all these years. It was by far her strongest relationship, and she always held it at top priority. This more than once caused a few breakups with some of her boyfriends and girlfriends, but she didn’t mind. She considered her two friends almost an extension of her. “If someone can’t understand that you two come before them, then I guess we shouldn’t be together anyway”, she would often say after a rough breakup. Evidently, stubbornness and sincerity were also a predominant traits of hers.

As she previously mentioned, Lucy used to be a chubby teenager. At her max, she used to tip scales at a plump 160 pounds. After high school, however, her weight consistently went down, coming to settle at around 126 pounds. Her weight did fluctuate considerably, but she carried it extremely well, with an accentuated hourglass figure and voluptuous breasts. This, in combination with her olive skin, short, curly dark brown hair and big, happy eyes gave her a very friendly and inviting look, but still very attractive, which made her really popular with guys. She always denied this, due to her past experiences as a chubby kid, and was most of the time unsatisfied with her figure. John and, to a certain degree, even Robb really wanted her to realise how beautiful she was, and that she didn’t need to worry so much about her appearance. Sadly, there was no way to change her mind, and she was constantly getting in and out of diets.

In between these diets Lucy was truly a gourmand. This had led her to find a myriad of restaurants everywhere she went. She ended up developing quite an ability, and after a couple of days in a new city, she was capable of finding the best restaurants even most people who lived there their whole lives would never hear about. Don Pablo’s was such a place.

Ironically, it was owned by a man named Pierre that, once more against all expectations, came from Congo. After years of coming to Don Pablo’s, the group had become Pierre’s favorite clients.

-Lucy, Robb! So good to see you - he said, in an almost perfect american accent, a result from his family moving to New York in his early childhood - It’s such a long time you’ve come to visit, Robb. And where is John, by the way?

-I was away in a business trip for some months, which is the same reason John didn’t come along this time.

-Oh, like the one Lucy did a couple of years ago?

-Yep. - they both replied.

-So what would you like tonight, guys? Are you up for the complete course this time?

-Well, I don’t know about Robb here, but I really have an appetite now, so I guess I’m actually up for the challenge this time.

-So, how’s it been since I left?

-Fairly good, actually. Since I got here they haven’t given much work to us. Lucy has this theory that they are going to promote the three of us after you come back and were using these business trips as a final test, so there’s not much more for us to do here.

-Yeah, figured that out, too. I didn’t say anything because it was just a hunch and didn’t want to get too optimistic. Well, in any case I’m trying my best here. I’ve been extra productive and still managed to have lots of free time at the end of the day.

-Sounds great. The clients must be loving you.

-Yeah, I’ve hit the jackpot. They are from Japan, so I even get to take them to the bar after work sometimes! But I’m glad that things are going well for you guys, too.

Robb didn’t answer anything for a moment.

-By the way, John, there was something wanted to mention. It’s about Lucy.

-What about her?

-Well, you guys called off the bet in the end, right? But I have this gut feeling that she won’t let it go this time. Actually, it’s a little more than a gut feeling.

-How so?

-I started to notice this about a week after you left. She was behaving peculiarly and for a while I could quite put my finger on it. But then I remembered your bet and realised. Man, there’s no way she would accept your yield. Her pride would never let her.

-So she’s still following the terms?- John typed nervously on  the keyboard.

-After she started gaining her weight back, I wanted to check. I invited her a couple of times to have food at off hours, and she always accepted. But it didn’t say much. So I waited for a day I would be certain she would just have had lunch or dinner, but early enough so that I could invite her out again without raising suspicion. And she still accepted! I’m sure she was already full, but she still went along with it. I could see she was making an effort to eat like it wasn’t her second dinner that night.

John’s heart was accelerated now.

-Robb, how much has she gained by now?

-Well… I’m not certain about the numbers. But I’d say… Probably by now she put everything back. And then some. So about 12 pounds since you last saw her.

His heart skipped a beat.

-Aw, man. Sucks for the both of us. I wish I was there. And I bet you’re gonna try to get her back to her senses.

-Actually, I’ve been thinking, and… I’m not sure.

-Huh?

-I mean, now I think I can kinda see what you meant all along. She does look good with a few more pounds on her.

-Man, don’t even joke about that. You’ve tried this before, I’m not falling for it again.

-I’m serious this time! She does look more attractive now.

There was another pause.

-You do realise I have the biggest hardon right now, right? This is one of the best things you’ve ever told me! Every time I manage to change the opinion of either of you is a victory, but this? She’s even gaining weight! And you’re enjoying it!

-I hate to admit it, but yes.

-Even so, I hate to say this, but I think you should make her stop.

-Why?

-Because she’s gonna end up miserable.

-Well, maybe. But she may not, too. I mean, wasn’t your point that she should realise that she is pretty anyway, or something like that?

-Yes, but what are the chances of that happening now that she’s doing it because her ego can’t let her accept a free pass from a bet she lost? - he paused - It sounds like you actually want to see her get fat.

John couldn’t believe it when Robb didn’t answer to that. Could it be possible? Was Robb actually getting into chubby girls?

-Well, I won’t force you or anything. You can handle the situation. And she’s a grown up too, she can decide for herself if she should stop. Just don’t blame it on me if she ends up sad. - John really worried about what would the outcome of Robb’s decision be. But this didn’t make him stop from being his usual self - Also, try to keep me informed. Might as well enjoy the view while she’s at it.

-Haha, sure. Well, talk to you later, then.

-OK. See ya.

I think this reads well!  I'm not sure if I'm totally sold on the bet-based premise yet, but you've woven in enough nuance that I'm intrigued.  I gotta ask, though:  what's with the quotation dash punctuation?  Clearly it's a deliberate choice, but it's an unusual one. 

This takes me back to other business related stories with trips and separations. In one the woman got absolutely Huge and had an acronym FC.It was supposed to be something like Features Chief but the employees said Fat Chick.

I kind of like the unusual punctuation. It makes for an easy read. I really like this story 

For the people asking about the dashes, english is not my primary language. Citing wikipedia:

Another typographical style is to omit quotation marks for lines of dialogue, replacing them with an initial dash. [...] This style is particularly common in Bulgarian, French, Greek, Hungarian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Vietnamese.

When I wrote this I wasn't so used to dialogue using quotation marks. I did know about it, but it felt uncomfortable at the time, and I didn't take time to edit before posting it.

If you guys want it, I can edit the rest and replace the dashes with quotation marks, instead.

Bonus piece of trivia from the article to inflate my ego:

James Joyce always insisted on this style, although his publishers did not always respect his preference. [...] Dashes are also used in many modern English novels, especially those written in non-standard dialects. Some examples include:

• James Joyce's prose
  • Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh

• A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick

Two months had passed since John’s departure. Life at the office stayed uneventful. Even though the trio was very close, each of them had their own friends. One day, Robb was having a casual conversation with Fred when he mentioned that later that week he was planning on inviting some people to a night at a buffet to celebrate his wife getting a promotion at her job.

Robb gladly accepted the invitation and went back to his desk. A few minutes later Lucy showed up. He had never seen her this big. But he didn’t feel worried. He felt… excited?

-Hey Robb, how are you?

-Fine, as always. - He said, trying to ignore his initial thoughts.

-How’s your schedule for later this week?

-Oh, funny you ask, Fred has just invited me to celebrate his wife’s promotion. Why?

-Just wondering if you would have anything interesting for us to do together.

-Well, are you coming, then?

-To Fred’s? Hm, I don’t think so, he didn’t invite me and I don’t know him that well anyway.

As Lucy said this, she had just removed her coat and was turning away to place it over her chair. She was wearing a simple cotton blouse, a new one, since almost none of her old clothes fit anymore. Robb noticed how big her butt was, stretching her pants and making her hourglass figure more accentuated than ever. His heart started beating more quickly.

How much longer was she going to keep going with this? Until John comes back? Another four months? Had it been really only two? She had had so much progress already. How much did it look like? About 20 pounds? Well, maybe not that much, probably 18 or so. What about when he’s back, how much will she weigh? Can I even influence that? Wait, if she doesn’t come, it will be a wasted opportunity…

-I’m inviting you then. - He blurted a little abruptly.

-What?

-You can come along with me, Fred mentioned I could bring an extra guest if I wanted. It will be more fun if we go together. - Robb said, now calming down and regaining focus.

Lucy was about to respond but paused. She thought for a moment with a reluctant look and then smiled cheerfully.

-Yeah, sure it will. Would it be OK if you gave me a ride after work, then?

-Oh, of course. Then it’s arranged.

They both smiled and returned to their respective works. Lucy couldn’t see it, but Robb had a wide grin on his face. Who could have know that, in the end, the bet John had placed would really work in his favor?

Lucy woke up with the sun coming from the window. It was a saturday morning. Three weeks had passed since Fred’s party but to Lucy it seemed much more. She had no motivation to get off bed at that moment. Usually she would go for a run at the park now, but it had stopped being a possibility a while ago. Gradually her hunger started to get the better of her and she decided to check the fridge.

She rolled her way out of bed and felt her new center of gravity shift with the movement. Never in her life had she been this fat, not even in proportion. She stopped on her way to the kitchen to check herself in the mirror. The view didn’t shock her as much anymore. She had at least three months ahead of her, so she might as well get used to it. She grabbed her belly with both hands.

She didn’t expect her finger would sink so much. When she released it, her belly jiggled for a few seconds. The waistband of her shorts pressed her love-handles up, but it was starting to lose the battle against gravity. They were really tight now and she would probably have to replace her wardrobe again next week. When she turned around, her thighs rubbed against each other and jiggled. She didn’t like how her fat was getting in her way sometimes.

Looking back, she could see the stretched fabric of the shorts against her skin. She tugged them up and squeezed her but. She slapped it a few times and watched the motion. She also noticed how some spare tires had developed on her back. At least she couldn’t see any cellulite or stretch marks. Thankfully her family had a history of very elastic and smooth skin.

She picked a bra from the wardrobe and faced the mirror again. Her breasts were still incredibly perky, but the bra managed to make them look even more prominent. At least one thing still made her smile about her body. Her breasts looked huge. After her butt, this was the region that accumulated the most fat in her body, by far. But even this was getting inconvenient, as she constantly had to replace her bras. This one was a newly bought 36H and still fit her comfortably.

Of course she hadn’t weighed herself because of the bet, but she would have estimated that she would weigh at least 170 pounds by now. A lot of this was due to Robb. She did realise he figured out she was abiding to the terms of the bet and that he was taking advantage of that. But she still had to go on with it. She grabbed her boobs one last time and went to the kitchen.

At this point, her stomach was growling. For the past few weeks Robb was getting less and less subtle about his invitations to food related events. Unlimited pizza at Napolina. Discount coupons for sushi at Manzai… Even Pierre was seeing a lot more of them. Incidentally, “what about Don Pablo’s tonight” had become “are you up for the challenge at Don Pablo’s later”. Robb had always had a talent for choosing his words in a way that would make you do exactly what he wanted.

This, of course, changed Lucy’s routine. Not only were she eating a lot more with Robb, her forced increased intake was causing her to feel increasingly hungrier at all times, which in turn made her eat more even by herself. You could see she had decided to let go by her fridge. Pulled pork, lots of boxes of chinese takeaway, half eaten pizzas, profiteroles and other assorted pastries. A pie and at least two cakes were always available. Not to mention the gallons of ice cream in the freezer she manage to find some space for after her meals.

However, these were only the leftovers she kept for breakfast. She didn’t refrain for ordering huge meals and stuffing when she felt like it anymore. She absent-mindedly grabbed a slice of pizza and took a bite, while deciding what she would really have for breakfast this time. She certainly didn’t mind getting to eat all the food she wanted, if this whole bet had any bright side.

Three slices later she decided to go with a combination of the lasagne from Mama Zuppa from a couple of days ago and some KFC she found on that back of a shelf. She also took two slices of chocolate cake as sides, topped with a little heavy cream. She had a smile on her face when she finished. She looked at the clock. Half past eleven. She should get dressed soon, there was a indian cuisine festival going on in the park and Robb had invited her. It was going to be a fun day.

- How are you doing, darling? Having good time away from us?

- I’m doing alright. The people here are fun enough, but sometimes it gets boring. I see myself more and more resorting to food when I get too bored. And worst of all I haven’t been to the hotel gym since forever. It wasn’t that great to start with.

- Guess you had to say goodbye to that six pack you were bragging so much about.

- Pretty much. How about you?

- Oh, you know. I put a little weight, then I get back to normal… The usual.

- Yeah, like I believe that. Robb told me about it.

- OK, I’ll admit it, I’ve gained a few pounds since you left. It’s not such a big deal. And that’s all there is to say about it.

- Alright, alright. I didn’t mean to ask you about that anyway. I was talking about life in general. At least you must have something interesting going on in your life.

- Well, as a matter of fact, yes, I do. By now you must be on par with Robb’s side of the story. Well, I noticed what he was doing. But I wouldn’t let him get away with it, so I devised a little plan. I wasn’t going to get him to stop what he was trying to do, but at least I could make him get a taste of his own medicine.

- What? Are you serious?

- Yeah, and it wasn’t hard to come up with it, either. I realised that if I invited him first, it would be easier to get him to eat more. Even more so if I was the one doing the cooking, because I could have better control of his portions. And better still, I could have control of the ingredients.

- You’re a monster.

- Well, he’s not the only manipulative bastard here. Being an FA I suppose you already know what I did next.

- The ol’ trip to the drugstore… You know, you should have asked for help. At least I know little more about these things than you do. Which one did you buy?

- Olanzapine. And I didn’t tell you because you would have complained and told me not to do it.

- Well, you’re right. These are strong medications. You shouldn’t mess with things you’re not familiar with. Even if it is the right drug you can screw up the dosage or Robb might have intolerance to it.

- Relax, relax. I didn’t use it. I didn’t have to. Plus, Robb is my best friend, too. I would never put his health at such a risk.

- Oh. So you had a change of heart?

- No. This was part of my plan all along! If I just kept trying to get him to eat more and more, he would eventually get fed up and confront me about it. So I needed a way to corner him so he would go on with my plan even after he found out what I was doing. So my idea was to have him find my intentions in such a blatant way he would get nervous and couldn’t think straight. So I threw all the olanzapine away and replaced it with a placebo. I then acted like it was the real thing and waited for him to find it out. My idea was that the shock of it would make him attribute all my recent behaviour and his weight gain to it. And that in turn would make him either to back off completely or to sacrifice his figure to keep me eating. And he actually bought my bluff!

- Oh, my god. I have to say, Lucy. I’m impressed. You really put work on this one. But how are you so sure it is because of the plan that he’s still going with it?

- Well, there’s always the possibility that I made an incorrect assumption. But there was this night we were having dinner and he went into the kitchen to get some water. When he came back he was very nervous and said he had to go, because he had forgotten to do whatever. It was clearly a fake excuse. Later, when I started to clean the kitchen I noticed I had left the olanzapine on top of the counter. I could only deduce he had found it.

- Well, seems reasonable.

- And you know the best part? Because of the placebo, his appetite skyrocketed after that! He’s been eating like a pig ever since, I don’t even have to push him anymore. Of course I still do, though. And man, did he gain weight quickly.

- Look, I have to congratulate you on your machinations. Unfortunately I’m not really into male weight gain. Sorry to say that but, it didn’t get me excited. But it was certainly fascinating, even if only for how well thought all this was.

- Well, say for yourself.

- What is that supposed to mean? Are… you actually enjoying making him fat?

- I… don’t know. I hadn’t given it much thought until now, actually. I’m not sure if it’s the manipulation aspect of it but… I think I’m actually excited about this.

- Wow, so many revelations! Seriously, this was way above my expectations. I guessed life back home would be less monotonous than here, but not by as much!

- Well, I’m really tired now. I think I’ll be leaving. I hope to see you soon.

- Just a couple of months more. Enjoy yourselves until then.

- Will do. Bye!

- Bye.

- Why didn’t you tell me this before? Ugh, I knew she had told you something. Why were you holding this from me?

- Well, if she really were using some drug, I would have told you as soon as I discovered it. But you were safe, so I didn’t think there was any risk.

- You’re lucky I can see right through you. I knew something was off.

- What are you doing now?

- Well, I think I can at least relax a little bit, now. - Robb looked down from the screen - Oh, god. Look at my gut, it’s huge. How did she manage to do this to me in such a short period?

- So, are you backing off?

- No - he replied, after a brief pause - I can’t now. I’m totally obsessed by it, now. I can’t believe I caught this crazy fetish from you. But even still, I feel so fascinated by everything that is happening to her. Every new roll, every added pound it gets better. And even just thinking about her eating and getting bigger makes me excited. I gave it some thought and, even if this means I’ll have to get fat too, I don’t think I want to stop.

- Man, not even in my wildest dreams I would have imagined you saying something like this.

- Well, kudos. You managed to break something in my brain. Now I’m a deviant, just like you.

- Don’t be so harsh. If you’re happy, what’s the problem? I’ve been like this a great part of my life. There’s even a chance you were, too. If you don’t keep torturing yourself over this, eventually you will come to terms with your inner self and accept you desires. It’s not like you’re a psycho, or something.

- Sigh, that sounds reasonable.

- So, the last time I talked to Lucy I didn’t get a chance to find out how she looks. What can you say?

- Oh, man. You’re in for a ride. Someone took this picture a few days ago in Bob’s retirement party here at the office.

- Bob retired? Oh, damn it, I wish I could’ve been th…

John almost fell on his back. He couldn’t finish typing the sentence or anything else for several minutes. His heart was at full speed. Before him was a picture of Theresa hugging Bob in a close up. But in the background, near the snacks table, stood two large figures. They were both smiling, as the man gave a slice of cake to the woman. He was considerably corpulent, John estimated he was easily above 180 pounds, maybe 185. To see Robb at that size wasn’t very exciting, but it was certainly shocking. But what almost made him faint was the woman.

Sporting clear signs that wasn’t her first piece of cake in the night, stood an easily above 190 pounds Lucy. Wearing only black pants and a white tank top, there was no possibility of anyone not noticing her most prominent anatomical feature first. Her boobs were gargantuan. Her cleavage overfilled the bra and the fabric of her shirt was having trouble containing them. The two of them must had been attracting quite the attention around the office, these days, John imagined.

Not for long, though, as he focus quickly changed to her other article of clothing that must have been equally suffering from over-abuse. Her waistband was at its limit. Actually, every inch of her pants was completely stretched, even though they weren’t stretch pants, exerting a tremendous pressure on her thighs.

John imagined what followed from that scene. Them going for a seat. Her thighs rubbing together. Her huge, womanly but swaying side from side, jiggling. But not more than her breasts. They would bounce up and down with each movement, the bra barely being able contain them. Then they would find an available couch. The image of her seating with a thump and the sofa struggling to support her inertia, the force of reaction sending ripples through her body. Even the arms. Oh, those chubby arms… He wondered if they would jiggle, too. They looked so soft. Her face was as beautiful as always. She didn’t gain as much in her face, and there was no sign of double chin visible. If anything, her cheeks looked a little puffier, but that was it.

- I almost died and went to heaven. Robb, you did an amazing work. I couldn’t make her gain as fast even if I tried.

- Thanks. Maybe it’s beginners luck. Oh, another thing. I think you will like to hear that she seems happy, after all. Well. Happier than her usual self. I guess you were wrong about the consequences of the bet.

- That’s fortunate. Now I really want to rush back home. Now, if you excuse me it’s… getting a little late. I should g…

- Both of us know exactly why you have to go now, John. We’re adults, we know each other masturbates. See you, then.

- Haha, busted. OK then, bye.

Robb and Lucy sat at her dining room. They were looking at each other. In front of them lots of empty plates and their distended bellies. They weren’t talking, just thinking. A few minutes went by before Lucy finally broke the silence.

- You have been talking to John, haven’t you?

- I can ask the same thing.

- And the answer will be the same.

There was silence for a moment again.

- We’ve really outdone ourselves. - She said.

- Yeah, we did. You look gorgeous.

- I think you look awesome, too.

They paused one more time.

- How much time have we got before he comes back?

- About a month. I think… we’d better make the most of it.

- I… agree. Look, it’s not much, but… I think I got some food left in the fridge.

- Oh, good. But we could always order some pizzas…

- And some chinese.

- Yes, definitely. Chinese and pizza.

- And thai! We can’t forget thai.

- I’m getting the phone. Write everything down. We’re going to have one hell of a night.

A month had passed since Robb and Lucy’s epiphany. It was the big day. John was finally coming back. They decided to meet him at the airport. The three of them were at the edge of their seats, imagining their reactions when they finally got to see each other again after so much time. And so many pounds.

Lucy and Robb continued their routine of stuffing themselves to their limits all day, everyday. Every spare time they had was spent eating. This wouldn’t go unnoticed at the office. If at first everyone had already noticed their rapid weight gain, now they were shocked. People started talking behind their backs, while some of their closest colleagues started asking if everything was fine with them. They always reassured there was nothing wrong and there was no need for anyone to be worried.

They watched as the monitor indicated that John’s flight had already landed. Robb was curious about Lucy’s current weight. No matter how much he tried convincing her, she refused to weigh herself, so he decided to go with it and leave his own numbers as a surprise for later. He grabbed his belly and shook it a little. He felt a hint of regret in the back of his head. Then he looked at Lucy and was reminded that it was worth it. It wasn’t so bad after all. It was kind of comfortable, even. Plus, eating whatever you wanted as much as you liked was great.

Lucy wondered what was taking John so long when she hear a familiar voice.

- Sorry to keep you waiting, I had trouble recognizing you and I believe you didn’t notice me either.

When they turned, a mexican standoff started. No one could believe what each saw. Shock froze them there, first trying to grasp the situation, then trying to think of something to say. Eventually, each of them came up with the answer at the same time.

- Oh my god, you are so fat!

-Are you excited for your next contract?

-You know I like to keep expectations low. Plus it’ll be six months away from you guys. I kind of miss Robb already.

John and Lucy each had a sip of coffee in the office lounge. It was a quarter past 4pm and John noticed how Lucy was eyeing some of the eclairs in a bowl on the coffee table.

- I’ve been thinking about weight gain, John.

- You have? I didn’t expect this coming from you. All this time I’ve been trying to expand your horizons seemed pretty fruitless. I’ve noticed you gained a little. Are you considering you might like being a little bigger?

- Well, not really. I meant another thing. I had a look in some of those communities you always mention. After a while I noticed that I might actually dig guys a little on the heavy side, too.

John choked on the coffee.

- Sorry about that. Female fat admirers are a rare sight, even more in real life.

- Female fat admirer… hihihi. It’s funny to think of me like that. But I guess it’s true. Guys really look more cuddly when they have some fat on their bones.

They each paused for a moment thinking of the recent revelation.

- Wait, did you just tell me I got fat?

- I didn’t mean it like that.

- I know exactly what you meant by that.

They laughed.

- But yeah, I’ve been reading a lot of stories now. They are really enjoyable. I even started one about Robb getting back from his trip with some extra pounds on him. This must be really unexpected for you, right?

John recomposed.

- Yeah, I have to admit that. This is kinda hot, you know? - He chuckled while Lucy slapped his shoulder - Hahaha… Robb getting fat, huh… I can arrange that.

- You what?

- Well, I would need more time than just when he gets back. But I can make him gain some weight. But there is a condition.

- Here it comes…

- You would have to gain some weight, too.

- Oh, no. How much are we talking about?

- Well, there’s really no way to say it. It depends on a lot of things. It’s not a simple plan.

- You sound like you have already thought about this.

- Well, I did. A while ago I wrote this story. I would have to adjust some things for the whole trip thing. But I think it may actually work.

Lucy looked at John. He seemed pretty confident. She didn’t want to gain weight, but the prospect of starring in her own personal weight gain story was pretty exciting. She was divided. John had started doing that thing he did with his eyebrows.

-OK, you won me over, you charming bastard. But…!

-Here it comes…

-My condition is: for every pound that I gain during your plan, I have to gain the same thing. A pound for a pound.

- Ooh, that’s tough. Well… I accept your terms.

- So, do we have a deal?

- Yep. - They shook hands - Now, about my plan...

- What?! Does that mean there was never a bet, to begin with? Have you two been manipulating me all this time?

- I’m sorry about that, man. But don’t act like you haven’t been enjoying this.

- Well, I have, but it doesn’t justify you making me go through all that. What if I didn’t like it after all?

- This is going to sound like bullshit, but I was certain that wouldn’t be the case. I’ve spent the past few years constantly testing you, checking how you felt about weight gain, even if you didn’t admit it. Even if you didn’t know it yet. We’ve know each other since forever, almost. I have a pretty decent idea of how you two work.

Lucy and Robb had to agree with what John said. He played them with mastery. It felt hard for Robb to accept it, but thinking back it seemed that the situation was always under John’s control and that he wouldn’t let them end up hurting themselves.

- You bastard. I still can’t believe I didn’t see that coming. - Robb said, in a lighthearted manner. - At least you didn’t get away with it unharmed. Nice move, Lucy.

- Haha, yeah. I came up with that because I didn’t want him making me gain weight unrestrictedly. I guess it didn’t work the way I planned. But we still got a decent outcome. - She said with a greedy smile.

There was a moment of silence. The surprise of these revelations left all of them a little disoriented. Lucy broke the silence.

- So… What now?

- Well, pardon the pun, but it is a lot to digest. I’m still not sure how I feel about this gut and the way you feel about it - confessed Robb.

- What about this. I know how I feel about my gut, and I’m starving. We could all go celebrate John’s return, and… depending on your mood later, I could show you my numbers. - Lucy said, looking  at Robb, who promptly perked up. She then looked at John and specified - In private.

- Oh, c’mon. After all I’ve done for you guys and you won’t even let me know how much you weigh?

- Tough luck, man - Robb leaned closer to John when Lucy wasn’t paying attention - Don’t worry man, you know I’ll leak it to you eventually.

John was still a bit frustrated, until it was Lucy’s time to confide to him.

- Hey, butterball, if you manage to keep this blubber of yours long enough, I might be able to convince Robb to do something… fun, with the both of us.

John couldn’t stop grinning all the way to Don Pablo’s.

Well, hope you guys liked the story. This was the last part I had written already (90% of it, at least). I never got to write any other stories with those characters, but I might change that soon, since you guys showed such a great reception. I did write a denouement of sorts, for closure, as I didn't feel good about ending the story the way it was. I might feel rushed but, anyway, here it is.

Eventually, John did find out about the weight of his friends. After they got home from Don Pablo’s, that night, Robb reported his weight as being just shy of the big 200 mark, at 199. Lucy, however, topped the scales at a record breaking 207 pounds. Of course, this was influenced by their most recent meals. Robb found their weight to settle back at 196 and 203 pounds, respectively.

Robb and Lucy turned out to become a pretty stable couple. Lucy did keep her promise to convince Robb to fool around with them a few times in the bedroom. Of course she deliberately procrastinated long enough to make John gain some 8 more pounds, on top of the 65 pounds he’d put on due to his deal with Lucy.

After some time, however, John did get back on track and lost all the weight. It took some time, but he even got to his best form since college. He was an FA, not a feedee, after all, and he still had to look for a real soulmate. He had some interesting chance encounters before that happened, but those would deserve tales of their own.

The trio also did get their promotions. They all got transferred together to central. New office, new colleagues, a clean slate. Since everyone at central met Lucy and Robb at their new weights, this helped them accept their new self images.

By this time, Robb’s weight had climbed to 220 pounds, and later settled around the 235 mark. Lucy was happy with Robb’s body, and didn’t try to make him gain weight as much, although she did give in to her inner feeder sometimes, and convinced him to participate in some stuffing sessions.

Lucy, however, embraced her feedee side. Robb was also more than glad to let John have his go at fattening his girl for him. Lucy was already around 230 when they got transferred. Lucy would often ask John if she looked too fat, who would then assure her how she looked slim and gorgeous.

- Well, I guess there’s no problem if I eat just another donut, then. Oh, the box is finished already. Guess I’m gonna need to buy a new one.

John loved the way she played the denial role. He played along. In no time, Lucy got to 260, then 280, and eventually 295. Robb and Lucy took on a holiday to celebrate the big 300. Robb also took the opportunity to propose, and by the time the marriage happened, Lucy’s weight stabilized at 315 pounds.

Funny enough, the wedding party displayed quite a high weight average. This was mostly due to John’s past victims, or rather, exes, whom he had a habit of keeping in good touch with. However, one of the slimmer attendees caught John’s attention.

- Pst, hey, Lucy. Who’s that girl in the blue dress over at the buffet? I think she’s on her 4th plate.

- Oh, that’s my cousin, Hannah.

- Well, she does have the potential, then.

- Growing up together, she would always pick on me when I gained any weight. Do me a favor and… go for it.

They both had smug grins on their faces. They were both going to have fun with this one.