Dating a skinny girl. What do I do!

PhatCat

An update: My girlfriend is now my fianacee! Since the last time I wrote about her body, she's up a couple more pounds. This is the heaviest she's been in the time we've been together, by 1 pound. But she's much pudgier than she was before she lost the weight and gained it back. Surprising to both of us, none of the daily cookies, cake and pie from the holiday season has made her gain any weight!

Her body shape fluctuates considerably. One day her stomach is bulgy and doughy, the next day it's almost perfectly flat, and the next day it's bloated like a balloon. I guess that's what happens when you're skinny-fat.

Her sister has lost a bit of weight, probably to make her boyfriend happy. She has never cared much about her body one way or another, but when she was at her heaviest she admitted to eating poorly due to not having time to cook and needed to eat better to lose some weight. I think she is satisfied with being chubby, she just doesn't want to be too fat, so she may have lost weight for herself and not only for him.  She's still plenty chubby, and I'm positive she will never lose her belly. She's not the best at dressing herself, which can make her look a lot heavier. She has some dresses that make her stomach look flatter, while in other dresses she looks pregnant. Her tight sweaters and t-shirts make her look like a blob. But in a string bikini she looks slimmer and pleasantly shapely (but still extremely pudgy).

• 1 month later...

The other day my fiancee was telling me about her weight as a teenager. She's 5'6" and at her heaviest was almost 190 lbs. She had a BMI of 30, meaning just at the obese threshold, though her waist was only 31" so she was thick but not that fat. She admitted that back then never thought of herself as fat, or even overweight. Her size was whatever it was, and she didn't think it should bother her. This was 20 years ago, so before the body positivity movement and in the era of everyone wanting a flat stomach. I've seen photos of her from those years, and she did not have a flat stomach. She was chubby. She had a round chubby belly, though her waist still had some definition. She had really thick arms and legs. She had big hips but not much of a butt. And most importantly, she had big boobs. She has a really small bone structure, so there was a good amount of fat on her. Since she had zero self-awareness, she wanted to dress like the other girls. She wore super-low-rise jeans, which invariably would show off a little lower belly, but her mother wouldn't allow her to wear belly shirts. But at the beach she was allowed to wear string bikinis, which she loved. She tells me that she now thinks she was too fat to wear them as a chubby teenager, but at the time she loved wearing them and never gave one thought as to whether or not her body was too big for them. It's just what everyone wore, despite the pressure from society to be skinny. She had one good friend who was really fat with no boobs who also loved wearing string bikinis and wearing everything much too small. At least my fiancee wore clothes that fit. Nobody ever gave my fiancee shit for showing off her chubby body, and I can imagine the skinny girls in school hated her for being chubby and hot. She said that boys always wanted to date her, and that no matter how fat she got she always had a boyfriend. Boys loved that she had big boobs. I'm so impressed that she proudly showed off her chubby body and people thought she was hot. Now she sadly doesn't want to be anywhere close to that weight. She complains about gaining weight now and says she's getting fat, but she admits that she thinks she's still really hot. She always looks at her body in the mirror and says she's getting fat and needs to lose weight, but then says she still looks hot. She doesn't want to be anywhere near the 180s again, and I don't think I'd want her to either because at her current age she won't carry it as well as she did almost 20 years ago, but she really appreciates it when I tell her I still would want to be with her if she had never lost the weight.

To continue this, she went on to tell me that her favourite thing to wear in high school were really tight tank tops with denim super mini skirts. The skirt would sit low under her chubby belly and was short enough show off her thick thighs. Her mother made her buy tank tops that were long enough to cover her stomach, but she said she'd let it ride up to show off her belly. She dressed like this to show off her body because it was the trendy thing to do and because it got her a lot of attention. She likes attention. All the while she was completely oblivious to how much weight she gained. But it sounds like the chubbier she got and the more fat she showed off, the more attention the boys gave her. I'm so proud of her that she was confident with her body and was proud enough to show off her body, though she wouldn't have had any reason not to love her body because people told her she looked great rather than fat. I'm thankful she was able to make it through school with her confidence intact and nobody tore her down for being fat. When I was in high school I knew a girl with her body type and dressed like her. She gained a lot of weight and showed it off, and because she owned it everyone thought she was so hot. Then there were girls who were only just a little chubby but acted fat so they got teased.

• 1 month later...

Over the past month we spent a lot of time with my fiancee's family, who like a good meal and a good dessert. She's gained 3 pounds in that time, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it's noticeable. Her arms and thighs look thicker, and her belly is bulging a bit. The gain is mostly fat, but I think there's a good amount of water weight too because I've been getting her to stay better hydrated. She's upset about the gain, but I think only in the sense that her clothes are getting very tight, and she loves her clothes. She otherwise thinks she still has a hot body. She's constantly pointing out her bulging belly to me, either because she knows I like it or because she wants me to tell her that her stomach is still flat. I only tell her what she wants to hear, and she loves hearing that she's still thin and has a flat stomach. But she's looking thicker, flabbier and squishier, and it's amazing. Her BMI is only 21 now, and while her shape is classically curvy and doesn't look fat at all, she's got a lot of body fat. I'm afraid she's going to try to lose weight, which I really don't want. She turns me on more than she ever did, and it seems like she feels healthier too. When she weight a few pounds less she often felt ill because she was underweight or dehydrated. While I wouldn't mind if she gained 20 or 30 pounds more, I want her to be healthy and I don't want her to be fat. While I would have loved her 190-pound body from 20 years ago, she wouldn't carry that weight the same way any more and it probably would cause her some issues with her health. Her health is more important to me than anything, and I think her recent gain is a win-win because she's both curvier and healthier.

• 1 month later...

She hasn't gained any more weight since I last checked in, but I believe she's up a total of 13 pounds from her lowest. These last 3 pounds made a big difference in how she looks. At 3 pounds lighter a few months ago she looked good, but some days she had a starter belly and some days her stomach was practically flat. Now after gaining only 3 pounds, her body looks more consistently chubby. Now she always has a bit of a ** belly, and it's so soft. She has a curvy figure when standing up, but when she sits down her belly mushes into her lap. Many of her clothes are now too tight for her, but everything still fit her when 3 pounds lighter. So these last 3 pounds have made quite a difference.

While she usually likes wearing pants and skirts high on her waist because she thinks they emphasize the small part of her waist, she ordered some pants that arrived this weekend that sit lower on her body a couple inches below her belly button. She tucked in her top to them and surprisingly to both of us made her look a lot slimmer. There was no trace of her ** belly. But when she took them off her belly looked so beautifully rounded.

She's constantly telling me about how fat she's gotten, but I still tell her that she's thin and has a flat stomach. It's getting difficult for me to say it, but she loves to hear it. She only talks about how fat she got because she wants me to tell her she's not. She knows that if I don't tell her she's thin, she will think she's actually gotten fat. I'm thankful that she's still confident in her body.

• 2 months later...

Last week I took my fiancee away for an extended Fourth of July beach weekend. We both needed to get away for a bit. She was looking better than ever in her bikinis, particularly towards the end of our stay. I noticed her stomach was getting thicker. She weighed herself when we got back and found that she gained 3 pounds. That's what wearing bikinis and flowy dresses for almost a week will do. With nothing to constrict her belly, she could eat as much as she wanted and not feel it. We ate lots of good meals, and visited a few candy shops. She was enjoying herself so much, she stopped caring about how much she ate and while she admitted that she thought she was looking plump in her bikinis, she also thought she looked hot in them.

Sadly, since we got back and found out that she gained weight, she has been dieting in a way she hasn't in a while. It's making her miserable too. She's already lost 4 pounds, and it's not making her any happier. I got her to ease up on it yesterday and eat a good meal, which put her in a much better mood. But then she worried she gained some of her weight back, which made her stressed out. I think a lot of it is a numbers thing for her. She hates seeing the number on the scale go up, yet she also thinks she looks good with some extra weight. Her sister weighs a lot more than she does (she probably weighs around 200 pounds), but will always tell me how pretty she is and how well she wears her string bikinis.

3 hours ago, YoshiThickBBW said:

hey congratulations on the relationship! Happy to see the update 👍

Thanks! My main goal is to make sure she is happy and healthy. She's not happy when she tries to keep her weight down, and I'm not happy when she tries to do that either! I will only encourage her to do what makes her happy. However, I won't help her lose weight to an unhealthily low weight when she says it will make her happy. I know from experience that it makes her miserable when her BMI is below 20.

• Curvage Model
3 minutes ago, PhatCat said:

Thanks! My main goal is to make sure she is happy and healthy. She's not happy when she tries to keep her weight down, and I'm not happy when she tries to do that either! I will only encourage her to do what makes her happy. However, I won't help her lose weight to an unhealthily low weight when she says it will make her happy. I know from experience that it makes her miserable when her BMI is below 20.

I agree, I can feel when I’m losing energy and that because I need to eat more! The maintenance for some to be at a desired weight is difficult because we don’t want to run out of calories to burn & lose gains.

• 2 weeks later...

Shortly after my last post here, she gave up on the diet because it was messing with her too much. I didn't even have to convince her, she knew it wasn't good for her. She also hasn't weighed herself in a week, and I think she's gained back the four pounds. She's looking the pudgiest I've ever seen her, though she still has the skinny fat look overall. She's really just curvier and softer but doesn't look fatter. I picked her up last night and she felt heavier than she ever has. She used to be as light as a feather, but now she doesn't float so easily. Honestly, I would be content even if she didn't gain any more. I don't think she's going to allow herself to gain more, at least not right now. If she gained too much right now, I think it would really upset her, and I don't want that to happen. Right now her BMI is just under 21. The 21 range suits her very well. While I know she'd be really hot with a BMI of 28-29 (she was that size in high school and she said a lot of guys thought she was hot), I'm planning on spending a long time with her and I want her to be healthy. A BMI in the range of 21-25 would probably be ideal for her. If she happened to gain more, I'd be happy, but I think something would be wrong if she gained a lot of weight. As long as she takes care of herself and is happy, I'm happy.

• 5 months later...

My wife is in her mid 30s and she's been going on about how she wants to wear clothes that are more mature andmore covered up and no longer wants to wear bikinis for swimming. This past summer she became hesitant to wear her bikinis and I really had to convince her to take off her dress at the beach so she could come swimming with me. She's a bit sensitive over her 12-pound weight gain, so I think that's driving her desire to get a one-piece swimsuit or a high-waisted bikini. She won't admit her weight gain is the reason, but I think that's what it is. I think this started when her boobs got too big for her favorite bikini top, and she thinks that if her boobs got too big, so did the rest of her.

She talks about trying to lose weight all the time, but she also admits that she thinks her body is still good at her current size. She gained 12 pounds, but she's still really slim. She's super skinny-fat, though, and has a mushy, jiggly starter belly. She has zero muscle tone.

I asked her when the last time she wore a swimsuit that wasn't a bikini and she said 7 years old (she started on bikinis young). So she hasn't worn a swimsuit other than a bikini in about 30 years. I wasn't going to let that winning streak end. I asked her if she wore bikinis when she was a much heavier teenager (60 pounds heavier) and she said "Of course." I asked her if people thought she looked hot in a bikini when she was 60 pounds heavier and she says, "Yes, I got so much attention." And I asked if if she thought she looked really hot in a bikini when she was a heavier teenager, and she said, "Well yeah, I looked pretty good."

So I reason with her that even if she's 60 pounds lighter than she was as a teenager and looked great in a bikini then, there's no way she's too fat now. I asked if I got her a new bikini that she liked, would she wear it. And she said maybe.

I know her taste really well. I went online and looked for bikinis in colors and patterns she likes, and I know she wants coverage, support and quality. I found a bikini from a well-known brand that caters to mature women. I took advantage of end of summer sales so I could buy something high end at a good price. When I arrived, she tried it on and she was amazed. It fit her perfectly and she loved it. The bottoms are still fairly low on her stomach, so they show off her stomach very nicely.

The weekend before Christmas we went away to a family wedding, and the hotel we stayed at had a pool. She could finally wear this bikini, and she looked amazing in it! Her starter belly looked perfect in it. Her stomach is still quite small, but it's so doughy, and the bikini really highlights her doughiness. For a starter belly, it actually has a good amount of jiggle. But she was comfortable in the bikini because it's so supportive of her big boobs, and the bottoms have a good amount of coverage in the back and sides, which she loves. I just keep telling her how skinny it makes her look, and she's happy.

It also helps that her younger sister was there with us. Her sister wore her old string bikini, which somehow still fits her and looks great on her after gaining a lot of weight. All of her sister's clothes are so tight around her stomach because she's gained a lot of weight there. Yet she rarely gets new clothes. She frequently wears old clothes that are too tight and have holes in them. She recently found an old shirt tucked away at her parents' house that she hadn't worn in 15 years and she's proudly wearing it again. It's super tight but looks great on her. I wouldn't be surprised if she likes tight clothes because she thinks they hold in her belly like a corset.

I suspect she's about 180-190 pounds, but she is tall and carries most of her weight in her stomach. She has some boobs too, but her arms, legs and butt are fairly thin. Compared with my wife, they're about the same size everywhere but the stomach. My wife is an hourglass while her sister is an apple.

So at the pool the sister has her big gut sticking out in her bikini, making my wife look extra skinny by comparison. Oddly enough, they both have equally doughy, jiggly stomachs. Yet the sister doesn't actually look as fat in a string bikini compared to the rest of her clothes. When she wears a dress or a skirt, her stomach looks pregnant. But in the bikini it didn't look like her stomach stuck out nearly as much. She just looks thick, from the front. While her stomach has a nice round shape in front, her weight shows the most in her back fat rolls.

Seeing the two sisters together in their bikinis is a beautiful sight. Neither have any muscle tone. My wife is skinny-fat but lacks the confidence she used to have because she thinks she got too fat. Her sister is fat-fat but still has plenty of confidence because while she knows she gained weight, she doesn't think she gained that much. They may differ a lot in size, but they're both equally doughy.

My wife and her sister have always been very close, but my wife takes pride that she's always been hotter than her sister. Even in high school when my wife was 180-190 lbs and her sister was about 160 pounds at the same height, my wife was always hotter. My wife was always an hourglass, with huge boobs, wide hips, thick thighs and a relatively small waist with a bit of a spare tire. Her teenage sister weighed 20-30 lbs less and was skinny everywhere but her big belly. My wife was curvaceous, cute and bubbly while her sister was a less sociable blimp. My wife will never admit it, but I can tell she loves it when her sister wears a bikini so she can look better by comparison.

love the comparisons with the sister. thanks for sharing. i think i may add some to the thread. her sister is, bottom heavy and could probably be fatter, definitely has gained in the last years however she is more disciplined than my lady so she gains and then loses some. love the gains, and i feel lucky that i am not married to her when she loses. about my lady? we are in a sweet spot right now, at least from my perspective. she looks heavier than ever, going from a curvy 120pounds, at 5'1 to a curvaceous 200 pounds has not been without stress at times. but she has now definitely a heavier version of herself. problem is when a new baseline is established and when new highs are within reach. because new problems arise. not just all the good. main issues are, clothes for sure, which is getting difficult to find. and a belly that is becoming impossible to hide under baggy clothes. she looks 4-6 months pregnant when full and that is so hot... now that she is fully aware that il ike that i do expect her to stabilize at least if not go all the way to 250 , even slowly but surely. not sure how she will carry the weight, she is bottom heavy, but hips appear to have filled out and the new weight is coming to the belly which is a fine result for me but not as good for her.

these holidays, she has been, i want to think, intentionally overeating at times, to the point when i grab her belly and it is hard, and that is the hottest thing. cheers to our ladies continue their path! happy 2023

• 4 months later...

I’m a bit disappointed. My wife has lost a few pounds, mainly from her belly, and it’s my fault. She hasn’t been feeling well physically, and I have been encouraging her to take steps to do things that would help her feel better. She’s super lazy, so I have gotten her to go on walks with me. While it’s made an improvement in how she feels, her stomach has flattened out again. She doesn’t actually care that her stomach is flatter, but she’s ecstatic that the number on the scale has gone down. I’m really happy that she’s feeling better, but the flatter stomach is also really disappointing. I’m just surprised that even though she’s getting older, she can still get rid of stomach fat.