"Craving Control" - a small serving of new content!

riptoryx

Hey--for all those folks who remember the "Craving Control" comic from a few years back, you might be interested to know that the author has very recently popped up over at DeviantArt once again with a small new addition featuring Lalia and her long-suffering roommate, Jane.

Here's a link to the author's new (temporary?) DeviantArt page: http://cravingtemp1.deviantart.com/

And here's a direct link to the new comic page itself:  http://cravingtemp1.deviantart.com/art/new-Craving-Control-CAATS-1-1-628226291

Consider dropping him a friendly comment on his DeviantArt page if you've enjoyed his work.  I'm sure he'd appreciate the feedback. 

new_craving_control_caats_1_1_by_cravingtemp1-dae12ib.jpg

Oh, and for those so-inclined, the author is also soliciting responses to this specific question:

I have a creative question for anyone who feels like brainstorming a Craving Control scenario.

In the above comic, there's actually something *missing* in the Thanksgiving flashback. If you recall that story, when Lalia showed up at Jane's family's place she was very very huge. Jane says she's never seen Lalia so stuffed. Also, she ate Jane's pies really shortly before arriving, right after they talked on the phone. So, despite the lengthy itemized list of things Lalia ate, there is a lot missing here, everything between panel 5 of this comic (in the car), and Lalia eating Jane's two pies at the red light, moments before arriving.

Lalia has a box of donuts she's finishing off when she arrives, so we know she stopped for donuts. Where else did she go? She ate a *lot*, so what's the story there?

Bonus points for answers that sound too ridiculous to be true!

Perhaps it's part of some early-stage planning for more additions?  In any event, it seems like he's looking for answers to be posted in comments on the comic here:  http://cravingtemp1.deviantart.com/art/new-Craving-Control-CAATS-1-1-628226291

43 minutes ago, berserker1 said:

It's just me or this comic was better when seemed to be an actual weight gain comic and not a expanding / ridicculously stuffing no sense thing that in fact is.

I don't remember it ever being an "actual weight gain comic"...

I love it for what it is and for the expansion fetish comic it always seems to have been. That said I wouldn't mind a slow weight gain or weight gain based breast expansion element to it but I'll take all I can get with Lalia :D

37 minutes ago, Miners666 said:

I don't remember it ever being an "actual weight gain comic"...

I love it for what it is and for the expansion fetish comic it always seems to have been. That said I wouldn't mind a slow weight gain or weight gain based breast expansion element to it but I'll take all I can get with Lalia :D

If I'm not mistaken, in the beginning, the stuffings seemed to make Lalia put on weight. craving_control___26_by_teagankick-d53da .

Guess I expected more of that and It was kind of a dissapointment the path this took. Anyway, it's my fault for not catching the essence of the comic at first.

52 minutes ago, berserker1 said:

If I'm not mistaken, in the beginning, the stuffings seemed to make Lalia put on weight. craving_control___26_by_teagankick-d53da .

Guess I expected more of that and It was kind of a dissapointment the path this took. Anyway, it's my fault for not catching the essence of the comic at first.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that (it's a while since I read it) so maybe you're right. I guess the direction changed at some point, I'm happy with either but I know what you mean... it would be nice to see some permanent change to her physique (as I alluded to I was originally hoping for a breast expansion/weight gain story) :)

3 hours ago, berserker1 said:

If I'm not mistaken, in the beginning, the stuffings seemed to make Lalia put on weight. craving_control___26_by_teagankick-d53da

2 hours ago, Miners666 said:

I'm happy with either but I know what you mean... it would be nice to see some permanent change to her physique

Not to be too much of an apologist for the lack of a weight gain focus (goodness knows I'd enjoy that!), but, to be fair, the later comics did still include some acknowledgment of consequential weight gain.  These two new additions are part of the "CAATS" story line, inserted just behind the first episode ("Serving 1").  In them, Lalia does indeed look pretty trim when not outrageously stuffed.  But, the fourth panel of CAATS 1.2 makes at least a token effort to explain why Lalia seems slimmer relative to how she looked in that little freshman 15 freakout scene you linked above (i.e. "I'd been on a strict diet").  Also, if you compare her non-stuffed appearance in these early CAATS episodes to how she looks in, say, CAATS Serving 4, there's a modest but noticeable difference:

https://s4.postimg.io/mszqy747h/CAATS_serving_4_by_cravingcontrol.jpg  

https://s3.postimg.io/axaqwx6yb/CAATS_14_by_cravingcontrol.png

I specifically mentioned this continuity detail to the author in a comment on CAATS Serving 1.2 on his DeviantArt page, particularly with regard to Chad's observation that Lalia pretty fit," as well as her own equivocating "yeah but" response, seeming like well-placed foreshadowing of Lalia's decidedly less "fit" non-stuffed appearance later on in the original CAATS continuity.  This was his response:

cravingtemp1 2 days ago  New Deviant

You're totally right, she was drawn to look a bit chubbier there, and the intention was to gradually start showing the results of her eating.

So, as I read it, the overall trajectory seems to be something like this:  Lalia started out college very trim and busty--probably unsustainably so, for those who make a hobby of studying such things.  Freed from any real supervision as newly-minted college freshman, Lalia's repressed urges towards overindulgence were unleashed and steadily grew more and more out of hand as weeks went by. Unsurprisingly--at least to her roommate Jane, if not Lalia herself--she quickly packed on the freshman 15+. Alarmed, Lalia dove into what was likely an equally over-the-top crash diet for a month or so (roughly the Halloween-to-Thanksgiving gap).  Then, during Thanksgiving, her willpower crumbled beneath the weight of her pent-up desires and so much temptation.  She made an absolute pig of herself.  After that, her diet totally flew off the rails.  She was soon back to helplessly overeating, worse than ever.  By the time of first semester final exams, Lalia had gained back all the weight she lost with her crash diet and probably more. 

CAATS Serving 4.jpg

CAATS Serving 4 panel.png

:'( It's a bit sad that he is leaving so soon, I was hoping for a continuation of the last comic page since it's a semi cliffhanger.

It was great while it lasted though and having anything new was an excellent surprise :D

I just wish I could quickly draw comics rather than spending hours on single illustrations using a huge amount of references since I can't draw from my head :/ ... maybe I'll think of something.

image.jpeg

Oooh man I can't believe I missed this. Craving Control was so wizard. Happy to see some new material, even it's (three?) years later and just a few strips. Thanks for uploading them here since I apparently missed the 12 day limited special event window.

What types of animals and in what quantity do I need for ritualistic sacrifice to bring it back again?

• 1 month later...

Im trying to figure out why he reappeared if only to disappear so fast. So many comics and stories have appeared since then, so many tributes, I kinda wish hed at least have talked to some of his fans before he vanished again.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Late-Night-Shopping-638000289

Seems hes communicated with this fan right here.

http://sta.sh/2bdlkeakuq7

And props to him for giving the newer strips a home.

You know, so many things have changed since Arthur started. Ive always said that if Arthur played his cards right he couldve made this into a job but now its even moreso the truth. If Arthur came back and started a new adventure along with a Patreon all hed have to do is sit back and watch the money roll in. Ill be totally honest Id donate money the minute I heard about it. I can only wonder if anyone has ever suggested it to him.

http://craving-control.deviantart.com/

At the very least someone shouldve pointed him towards this group.

2 hours ago, McK said:

So many comics and stories have appeared since then, so many tributes, I kinda wish hed at least have talked to some of his fans before he vanished again.

He did.  While his DeviantArt account was active, he engaged with a number of folks there, including me.  In fact, I started this thread here at Curvage specifically because he had asked me to do so.  As for why he comes and goes, his answer, paraphrased, was that Lalia and the CravingControl comic can easily become too much of a distraction for him.  His method for managing that is simply to avoid the temptation entirely--save for occasional dives like this.  I believe he does appreciate the enthusiasm for his works, and is aware of that tribute group.   

Guest bobsithoto1

Man, I'm sad i missed out on this action.  Just to confirm, those three strips in the sta.sh are all that he made, right?

3 minutes ago, bobsithoto1 said:

Just to confirm, those three strips in the sta.sh are all that he made, right?

Those three were the only new things I saw show up on his DeviantArt page, yes.  All three of them are attached to posts in this thread, too.

4 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

Those three were the only new things I saw show up on his DeviantArt page, yes.  All three of them are attached to posts in this thread, too.

I appreciate your responses.

Did he say anything about coming back again or thats just up in the air as if it happens it happens? From the way youve laid it out Im not expecting him to return again any time soon.

Just now, McK said:

Did he say anything about coming back again or thats just up in the air as if it happens it happens? From the way youve laid it out Im not expecting him to return again any time soon.

He was pretty cryptic about that.  I'd speculate that he probably will pop up again with a desire to share new stuff at some future point, now that he's set a precedent for it and seemed to enjoy the outcome, but as for the timing...who knows?  I'd be kinda surprised if he made a return on a schedule that we'd be inclined to characterize as "soon." 

• 3 months later...
On August 21, 2016 at 1:54 PM, berserker1 said:

I wish she would gain more from there. At least get a little past 200

• 4 weeks later...

So, I chatted briefly with Arthur/CravingControl again today, and he pointed out to me that another artist and Lalia-fan, AdjectiveNounCombo, has recently embarked on a what is essentially a continuation of the "Craving Control" comics, emulating Arthur's style, and using script notes originally obtained from Arthur himself. Here's how AdjectiveNounCombo describes it:

What to say about this one? First, I suppose a huge thank you is in order for the artist ( I believe he went by "Arthur") who produced Craving Control. Without it, I probably wouldn't be doing what I do. I discovered the series back in 2010, I think. Back then, I was blown away by the simple-but-full style he employed. The thick outlines complimented with sharp, vibrant colors and light "bloom" together with lively characters really sold the comic. It stood by itself as artwork, and complimented, rather than relying on it, the kink-based appeal. At the time, I never thought I could produce anything of even a remote similitude.

Fast-forward seven years and I noticed that, in addition to my growth as an artist, there are no longer Craving Control comics being produced. I was interested in taking my own crack at some fan art and pitched the question on Tumblr if the original artist was still around. As luck would have it, one fan who maintained contact with the artist shortly before his departure, had an outline of the artist's intended ideas for the Coming Apart At The Seams comic arc (shoutout to Go-Tee). Additionally, one or two fans divulged some history I'd missed about the production of the series to better inform my work (shoutout to Randomer). Having developed a style similar to (and most likely influenced by) the original Craving Control, I decided to tackle the project. Here is my own interpretation of the events after Coming Apart At The Seams Serving 1.2, which has been hosted on ** (**.com/picture?/86425/c…).

This is by NO means an official continuation, and simply my own interpretation of the original artist's direction for the series (so if he pops up one day with Servings 1.3 and so on, disregard these). I've adapted the style and format of the original (as faithfully as I could) into my own, even marking these comics with my alias at the bottom to differentiate between the two. I hope that you enjoy these in some semblance as you had the original run. This has certainly been one of my most involved and rewarding comics to make!

I'll be posting the remaining pages when I'm back from vacation. So, enjoy this for about two weeks before I return for the rest!

Notwithstanding the humble disclaimer about being "by NO means an official continuation," in his conversation with me Arthur had nothing but praise for AdjectiveNounCombo's work and seemed to bless it every bit as "officially" as one could want. He also asked me to spread the word, so here I am. Go check it out!

"Coming Apart At The Seams" Serving 1.3

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___1_3_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbhpbf1.png

Just FYI, there are several more "Craving Control" continuation-ish things now posted over at the DeviantArt page for AdjectiveNounCombo. They all seem to be woven into preexisting elements of the "Craving Control" narrative.

Also, this evening Arthur (the creator of "Craving Control" in its original iteration) alerted me to keep an eye out for some new material of his own, which he said he made for the purpose of helping to promote AdjectiveNounCombo's efforts.  Per Arthur, whatever this new thingamajig from him is likely will appear on AdjectiveNounCombo's DeviantArt page soon, too. So, if you're into the"Craving Control" comic, maybe go check it out!

https://adjectivenouncombo.deviantart.com/

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___1_4_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbjokmu.png

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___1_5_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbjokyj.png

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___2_1_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbjol87.png

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___3_1_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbjolwf.png

26 minutes ago, riptoryx said:

Also, this evening Arthur (the creator of "Craving Control" in its original iteration) alerted me to keep an eye out for some new material of his own, which he said he made for the purpose of helping to promote AdjectiveNounCombo's efforts.  Per Arthur, whatever this new thingamajig from him is likely will appear on AdjectiveNounCombo's DeviantArt page soon, too. So, if you're into the"Craving Control" comic, maybe go check it out!

And here it is: http://fav.me/dbkbydp

See also AdjectiveNounCombo's tumblr: https://imfeelinapplebees.tumblr.com/

tumblr_outb0uvjv81tgqgwio1_540.jpg

Here's yet a bit more unexpected new content directly from Arthur, in the form of an "expanded" (with two new panels) version of "Coming Apart at the Seams" Serving 5.

Craving Control - Coming Apart At The Seams - 5 X

Also, AdjectiveNounCombo has added more new stuff picking up from that same story line, and featuring some rather aggressive force-feeding "punishment."

Craving Control - Coming Apart At The Seams - 5.1

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___5_x_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbkzevb.jpg

craving_control___coming_apart_at_the_seams___5_1_by_adjectivenouncombo-dbkwn9l.png