My girlfriend has gained 66 pounds in a year

4 minutes ago, Gusto said:

If she wants to gain 2 pounds a week, she needs 3500 calories a day (if she's relatively sedentary)

That depends on what she weighs. I don't think she has acknowledged achieving her goal of 120 K, which is 264 pounds. I know that sounds like a lot, but I think she already indicated several months ago flirting with 110 and she has clearly gained since then. Assuming she is relatively sedentary, I would figure she needs 12 calories per day to maintain. At 260 pounds that would be 3,120 calories per day. If she wanted to gain 2 pounds a week, which is actually almost as hard over the long haul as losing 2 pounds a week, she would need to eat 7.000 calories more per week than maintenance, or 1,000 calories extra per day, making it 4,120 calories.  Depending on what you are eating and where you are getting it from, that is actually pretty easy to do. I was a bit surprised when we went out to eat at a ShakeShack the other day and I read the calorie count for what I was eating. I had the double shake burger with cheese, the cheese fries, and the black and white shake. That was 2,250 calories. While I was full and satisfied, it didn't seem like a crazy amount to eat. What made me realize how much damage it could do was we were doing this at 11:00 at night after a concert and a regular day of eating. Skip all meals except for two of those a day and it is 4,500 calories. 4,500 calories a day as maintenance means eventually supporting 375 pounds. 

Relatively sedentary requires around 12 calories per pound. Height doesn't factor in. The charts suggest that really sedentary can maintain at 10 calories per pound, so 260 pounds would require 2,600 calories. The challenge with weight gain is that every pound gained requires another 12 calories a day just to stay there. The challenge with weight loss is it can be really easy to add a few calories every day and have it build up over time. Scenario: a woman who is 5'-6" and at 130 pounds takes a job as a receptionist. Before taking the job, she managed to get to the gym three or four times a week, but now she is too tired from work. She is no longer burning off the 600 calories that she was each week. Not only that but her metabolism has slowed down so she is now able to maintain at 12 calories, where before maintenance was 14. At 130 pounds, that is the difference of 260 calories a day. The habit in the office is a danish break around 10:30, which means 300 calories more five days a week. Put them together and she is now consuming 3,770 calories more per week, which is enough for her to gain 1.13 pounds a week, which can be hard to pay attention to, except that it means 59 pounds in a year, which is not that far from Carmen's 66 pound gain in that first year. Now throw in a bit of frustration about getting fat, which has the fascinating consequence of causing people to binge, and our 130 pound receptionist is pushing 200 pounds.

7 minutes ago, John Smith said:

@Avataг , they didn't get the message. 

I apologize for derailing this thread - I tend to go off on tangents when it comes to numbers:unsure: I was just curious about how much food she needs to keep gaining the way she has been lately. Her gain is legendary, I certainly did not mean to make it sound like I was saying anything to the contrary.

3 hours ago, Gusto said:

I apologize for derailing this thread - I tend to go off on tangents when it comes to numbers:unsure: I was just curious about how much food she needs to keep gaining the way she has been lately. Her gain is legendary, I certainly did not mean to make it sound like I was saying anything to the contrary.

That was not about your comments. Don't worry.

6 hours ago, ChubbyGirlLover said:

I never notice her doing that. Her body is just too big.

I think she is amazing. My only concern about how big her body has gotten is the way that our weather has changed. I am wondering if she has developed a gravitational pull that is causing changes in the ocean's currents. She is clearly out of this world.

5 hours ago, arch329 said:

I think she is amazing. My only concern about how big her body has gotten is the way that our weather has changed. I am wondering if she has developed a gravitational pull that is causing changes in the ocean's currents. She is clearly out of this world.

She's like a daughter of the angels.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, foxer1 said:

I am not sure how this is supposed to work. Unless she is pushing the hose past her epiglottis, which is not something that would be that pleasant to do, I don't see how she could be inflating her abdomen. I have seen something like this done, but it is the other direction, which I also cannot imagine being that pleasant either. So the kind of amazing thing is if this is a show of simulated inflation, but that is actually what she can do by pushing out her belly. The difference between the first photo with stripes and the second photo with stripes could be simply Carmen slightly pulling her belly in and then pushing it out. Kind of impressive, but then she has been on this entire journey.

I know some are into numbers but your theories are just that theories.

People are all different and no two gain at the same rate or by some set in stone arbitrary  caloric intake number.

There are just too many variables and sometimes you don't gain no matter what you eat.Those are  called plateaus. Sometimes you gain when you decrease your eating, the body does what it wants sometimes.

Carmen is a beautiful woman so lets leave it at that and try not to analyze things.

8 hours ago, Tracii said:

I know some are into numbers but your theories are just that theories.

Carmen is a beautiful woman so lets leave it at that and try not to analyze things.

Assuming that I am one to whom you are referring as being into numbers: I agree with what you said. Yogi Berra made it clear: "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." Everyone is different and metabolisms do change as well as react to many different factors, so weight can be increasing or decreasing when it doesn't seem like anything else is different. I know that you have disliked my long posts, so I will keep this one responding to you short and not elaborate.

Regarding Carmen: no argument there. She is really beautiful and very interesting. The decisions that she has made are very unusual. In her photos with the tube, my assumption, although it was not clearly stated, was that it was an air hose, not a feeding tube. I don't think it is possible to actually inflate with air, unless it is inserted into the belly, which I don't think sounds like a good idea. Again, my appreciation to Carmen. I think she succeeded in creating the impression that she was "blowing up" simply by pushing her belly out. Quite amazing. For me, that is more impressive than if she was actually somehow inflating her stomach with air.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, arch329 said:

So then there is logic to all of this. We are just missing the photos between the time that Carmen smoked from the hooka, got stoned making her hungry, consumed a generous bounty of treats, which inflated her belly - generously.

I haven’t watched the video, but that was kind of my assumption. Film with the hose. Pause. Eat a ton. Pretend she’s inflated.