Viva La Valerie denouncing FAs and BBW modeling?

Not_A_Lady_Till_180

>:( Not particularly recent, but did anyone see the episode of some daytime talk show where she went on and basically denounced the entire scene and discouraged girls who are thinking about gaining to do so?  That really pissed me off, mostly due to the fact that she continues to be a paysite model, profiting off the very thing she so readily told the world was bad and wrong... on national television.

On a related note, it caught a segment from a similar show (or possibly the same show) in which bigcutie Jae did something very similar, ending up in tears over the uncertainty of whether her boyfriend would still love her if she wasn't fat.

First off, why go on TV and potentially give a bad light to something you exploit for money?  Secondly, you wont ever not be fat (not a bad thing) so the whole thing is stupid.

I know I'm being harsh but the whole thing really rubbed me wrong on both their parts. Thoughts?

Do you have any links? I know that these days with copy right laws it's a bit hard but I'd be interested if you could.

Personally I'm generally opposed to any form of pay-site modeling for ideological reasons, but that aside (because I'm sure any discussion of that would turn into a flame war) I have to say that it's pretty hypocritical of her to denounce our tastes. Especially considering that anyone within the community knows the amount of persecution we face and how moments like this can only serve to reinforce that discrimination. Sure we should always be open to and promote respectful comradely criticisms because we often to promote excesses and occasionally we are guilty of merely wishing to impose our view of beauty on everyone else instead of promoting greater diversity and tolerance, but calling us "evil" is not a respectful criticisms; its an insult.

Hmmm, I generally agree when she says that woman shouldn't go into that line of work. The problem being that while if a woman chose to gain by herself she can decide the amount and when/if to stop; a woman who does this for a living doesn't have that choice and is at risk of losing her livelihood. A woman's body shouldn't be viewed as a commodity, however we live in a world where everything is a commodity. So for her to tell  woman who are doing this for a living to quit is simply moronic; what else would they do? Most of them go into the modeling business because in this day and age there isn't need for unskilled labor. Unless we establish an alternative socio-economic system where these woman can find jobs that pay better then we shouldn't condemn them because they're just the result of a broken system; and heck, when it comes to being forced to do the lower class jobs, I think that being a model of this sort is much less oppressive than being a janitor or a burger flipper.

But I do feel like there is a hypocritical notion that she puts forth that we as a group can be generalized as people who want woman to commit suicide for our own pleasure. Of course we aren't; we just have different tastes then most people. Yes they can be taken to the extreme and the extreme should always be opposed but the mainstream view of beauty has killed far more people by anorexia than we have by gaining. And how blind sighted it is for her to say that she would lose customers if she lost weight. If she was a mainstream model then she would risk the same if she gained weight. So to focus on one aspect of the industry and to use it to condemn individuals who don't necessarily support it ignores the fact that it's the entire industry that needs to be reformed, not some dudes who happen to like fat chicks.

For a moment here, let's not give a shit about the community because, frankly, this community is terrible.

I've seen and heard a lot of the things women in this community are exposed to (in various meanings of the word), the community does treat these women like shit.  I can't imagine any responsible woman not telling women interested in doing this stuff, if asked for advice, not saying, "Hey, look, it's a lot of fun, but don't expect to not deal with some crazy stuff from time to time."

That said, there is not an element of force here, there can't be.

One of the things I like about BBW's and SSBBW's is that they are women who make a choice to live their life a certain way, to view themselves a certain way and, most amazingly, to do so directly counter to how the bulk of society would like them to.

That's pretty cool.

That choice, however, is what makes what this woman is saying utterly ridiculous.  It is absolutely illogical to suggest that there is a cabal of men on the internet forcing women to fatten themselves up.

If she wants to say, "I got involved in this community, I did these things and, in retrospect, I really wish I hadn't"?  That's totally fair.  That's acknowledging a personal mistake, that's acknowledging that she either didn't completely think through her choices or she didn't foresee the outcome of those choices.

This isn't a betrayal of a community, this is a betrayal of basic common sense.

For a moment here, let's not give a shit about the community because, frankly, this community is terrible.

I've seen and heard a lot of the things women in this community are exposed to (in various meanings of the word), the community does treat these women like shit.  I can't imagine any responsible woman not telling women interested in doing this stuff, if asked for advice, not saying, "Hey, look, it's a lot of fun, but don't expect to not deal with some crazy stuff from time to time."

That said, there is not an element of force here, there can't be.

One of the things I like about BBW's and SSBBW's is that they are women who make a choice to live their life a certain way, to view themselves a certain way and, most amazingly, to do so directly counter to how the bulk of society would like them to.

That's pretty cool.

That choice, however, is what makes what this woman is saying utterly ridiculous.  It is absolutely illogical to suggest that there is a cabal of men on the internet forcing women to fatten themselves up.

If she wants to say, "I got involved in this community, I did these things and, in retrospect, I really wish I hadn't"?  That's totally fair.  That's acknowledging a personal mistake, that's acknowledging that she either didn't completely think through her choices or she didn't foresee the outcome of those choices.

This isn't a betrayal of a community, this is a betrayal of basic common sense.

This.

Say what you will about the community (I have a generally positive view of it, but that's admitted naive), but nobody is hold a gun to these women to make them become SSBBW models or gain weight indefinitely. 

And if its about "their livelihood," its not as if they can't quit and do something else with their lives.  I had a shit job once, and upon realizing that it had a negative impact on my life, I quit, and found another job.  Its as simple as that.

And if someone wants to lose weight, but is worried that their significant other won't "love" them if they aren't fat, they should get out of that relationship.  If the only way to sustain a relationship is to do something fundamentally unsustainable -- like perpetually gain weight -- its clearly not possible.  Sure, the people who expect this of their partners are insane in their own right, but also on these women to recognize these situations and terminate these types of relationships if necessary.

Ultimately, if something is bad for you(physically, emotionally, psychologically, etc., and you know it's bad for you, and you continue to do it despite having all the power in the world to stop (in other words, its not addiction or Stockholm Syndrome), then I have no sympathy.

I agree with what was stated on this thread...not sure I know know enough about this community sucking and the treatment of women but to me it seems absolutely simple. Yes no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to gain but if someone were to even feel like that in the first place, this fetish is not for you. most of the bbw models do it cause its fun and a certain lifestyle to them. If your doing it cause your desperate for money that's just idiotic. like was stated, don't blame others cause you made a bad choice. No one threatened you into gaining weight and modeling, and you should have known from the start that if you are going to dedicate yourself to this modeling that you are going to be a commodity. Money isn't just gonna fall from the sky cause you ate extra cupcakes for effect and you decide to point and click a camera. It is a lot of work and it is a lifestyle change. You don't get something for nothing. Well anyways enough of mindless banter I just find it ridiculous how the fat appreciators/lovers or whatever we are are villainized for our fetish. If you don't like it get out, simple as that.

I love how Valerie said she wouldn't do anything to jeopardize her own health for the sake of her modeling career but in these two videos below she does just that lol! Your own health is your own personal responsibility and if you fuck it up it's on your dime, I'm not normally a coldhearted bastard but I have zero sympathy for this woman in this regard. The fact is Valerie didn't want to give up the admiration she was getting from her ''fans'' plan and simple, and with the final video that I'm posting I'm sure she wasn't told she was pretty or had a nice body till she found this community.

Before HCG & My Introduction to HCG Part 1

Before HCG & My Introduction to HCG Part 2

Dailymotion - Watch, publish, share videos