Gearheads Fap Forum!

Guest JackInhoff

Guest JackInhoff
On 11/29/2017 at 6:42 PM, Jerryd said:

Haha yeah it wasn't great. The wrong gears can really kill a car. It made some speed but just couldn't get out of the hole.

I agree that's why my dodge ram can eat those GM trucks all day long, sure those 1/2 ton GM trucks might get 20 mpg, but i get 20 smiles per gallon! :wub:

• 2 months later...

Am I the only one who believes if you can't drive stick, you're a 😺?

Driving is more than going quick, identifying the apex and knowing how to approach curves in a RWD or FWD car.

Used to be able to get stick in almost any car. Now, nobody except Honda and Mazda are interested in offering them. Very troubling.

• 5 months later...
Guest JackInhoff2
On 3/2/2018 at 1:20 PM, high said:

Am I the only one who believes if you can't drive stick, you're a 😺?

Driving is more than going quick, identifying the apex and knowing how to approach curves in a RWD or FWD car.

Used to be able to get stick in almost any car. Now, nobody except Honda and Mazda are interested in offering them. Very troubling.

Bullshit, they make a 6 speed manual Hellcat Challenger, GRANTED THE AUTOMATIC CAN  ACCELERATE QUICKER

Even the R/T and SRT Challengers can be had in 6 speed manuals.

I know they offer GT Mustangs in Manuals too.

Most manufactures have the option to build the vehicle as manual,  the issue is no one knows how do drive then barely, so they don't get "built" like that unless someone specially asks.

One thing that isnt helping is that the new automatics are able to shift faster, and most of the performance automatics have manual shift modes and paddle shifters, which i think are just as fun as a manual...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/25/2018 at 2:48 PM, JackInhoff2 said:

performance automatics have manual shift modes and paddle shifters, which i think are just as fun as a manual...

No, they are not as much fun.