Emilia Clarke/GoT Daenerys

ronin76

Always looks amazing, but now maybe a little softer: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3433592/Emilia-Clarke-shows-curves-series-glam-dresses-frolics-Malibu-beach-high-fashion-shoot.html

Bravo to the Daily Mail writer for sneaky lines:

"...looked every inch the pro..."

"...couldn't hide her smile as she carried a plate of food..."

She's had to diet a good deal for at least a couple roles.  She was never very happy about, though, from what I gathered in interviews.  Naturally, she has a plump, curvaceous figure.  I hope her future work allows her to keep her natural figure.  She's a truly lovely woman.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, OmarLifeee said:

I thought she looked a bit chubbier in season 5, I thought it was just my imagination 

I think she may have regained some of the weight she lost.  Wasn't she a little plump in Season 1, too?

In terms of plot, there's no reason Daenerys shouldn't be looking plumper.  While she may head a massive army, her actual physical activity is slight... she spends most of her time sitting around, drinking wine, and eating figs.

Until she gets carried of by Drogon and nearly starves to death in the Dothraki Sea, that is...

(I've read the books but only just started watching the show.)

1 hour ago, sower said:

I think she may have regained some of the weight she lost.  Wasn't she a little plump in Season 1, too?

In terms of plot, there's no reason Daenerys shouldn't be looking plumper.  While she may head a massive army, her actual physical activity is slight... she spends most of her time sitting around, drinking wine, and eating figs.

Until she gets carried of by Drogon and nearly starves to death in the Dothraki Sea, that is...

(I've read the books but only just started watching the show.)

I'm not that well versed in the books but doesn't Cersei gain weight at some stage? Or did I make that up?

6 hours ago, OmarLifeee said:

I'm not that well versed in the books but doesn't Cersei gain weight at some stage? Or did I make that up?

A couple times in book four, when she's drinking a lot of wine, she remarks that her gowns are getting tighter. No other character ever remarks on it and in short order she's arrested and starved by their universe's pope.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Weedlord said:

Its kinda surprising, this part of the story has her lost in the wilderness with Drogon, suffering from a fever. You'd think they would've had her lose weight

It is the one part of the novels in which you know Daenerys must be getting thin, what starving and vomiting in the Dothraki Sea.  I think Emilia Clarke has been putting her foot down more and more often, though.  She's pressed to remove unnecessary, gratuitous sex scenes (the TV show is certainly guilty of cutting out content from the books in favor of sticking in abundant sex scenes that never even occurred), and was more than a little annoyed with the extreme diet she was forced on for Terminator Genisys.

Of course, Samwell hasn't gotten any thinner, despite roaming around blizzardy, sub-zero conditions; although, even in the book he magically never seems to lose a pound.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, riptoryx said:

"Where are my Spanx?"

Linked to the relevant line below, but the full video may be worth a little chuckle, too, if watched from the beginning. 

"Where is my butt plug?"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sum1wun

I've only finished watching up to Season 3 of GOT, but I noticed she looked more slender/toned. As others have said, in Season 1 she's thicker and softer, with wide hips (especially noticable when she's stepping into her bath). Season 1 Dany is the curviest character in the show with Ros being the only other one who belongs in the conversation.