Mattel's New "Curvy" Barbie Doll

Hey, guys!  Mattel finally created a Barbie whose body resembles that of the average woman in 1959, the year Barbie was created!

Congratulations, Mattel!  Only 57 years behind the times now!

http://shop.mattel.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=86201326

But it's really not their fault...  If they want to stay competitive against Hasbro, being out of touch with the times and their market is key!  (For those who didn't catch the controversy, Hasbro's Star Wars toy line had a serious lack of Rey and other female characters, because you know, girls only care about Disney Princesses.)

CZz8qBPUUAA-7f8.jpg

There have in recent years been numerous articles on the internet showing what Barbie's measurements would be if she was a real woman (waist so small, it could only fit half of a kidney). Has anybody actually taken the measurements of the new curvy Barbie for comparison? Would she actually be plus sized, or does she only look big compared to classic Barbie's impossible figure? 

On 2/3/2016 at 5:02 PM, bluetech said:

There have in recent years been numerous articles on the internet showing what Barbie's measurements would be if she was a real woman (waist so small, it could only fit half of a kidney). Has anybody actually taken the measurements of the new curvy Barbie for comparison? Would she actually be plus sized, or does she only look big compared to classic Barbie's impossible figure? 

The latest I saw is that if Original Barbie were a real-life person, she would likely be around 5'9" and 110 lbs., which is considerably underweight.  Seeing how the new Curvy Barbie is roughly the same height, that would make her 160-170lbs, by my estimates.  Whether she's plus-size or not, I think she would hovering near the line of normal weight and overweight, according to the body mass index.

It's only wishful thinking, but I sure hope Mattel releases a "Chubby Barbie" in the near future.

Guest _Antipathy
1 hour ago, sower said:

It's only wishful thinking, but I sure hope Mattel releases a "Chubby Barbie" in the near future.

l'm pretty sure they'll do in a very near future. The obesity epidemy is growing quick as hell in 1st world countries and the butthurt feminazis won't stop whining over the beauty standards till we'll replace the anorexic models by obese women.

http://www.eatmedaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/obses-barbie.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i think the question not being asked is if youll buy them for your children

my daughters bday is in a couple of months and we intend to get her one of each. Its important to us that she has toys that model a spectrum of human figures and not jsut blue eyed fucking blonde skinny Barbie of our mothers and sisters

On 2/15/2016 at 6:07 AM, lostonline040 said:

i think the question not being asked is if youll buy them for your children

my daughters bday is in a couple of months and we intend to get her one of each. Its important to us that she has toys that model a spectrum of human figures and not jsut blue eyed fucking blonde skinny Barbie of our mothers and sisters

Considering this, absolutely this is a big step in the right direction.

Guest An Optimist
On 2/18/2016 at 10:46 PM, Yapo said:

I thought obesity  epidemy decreases in 1st world countries and encreases in developing ones, such as Mexica and China.

No, only the rate of increase has decreased in 1st world countries. 

It may as well be that almost everyone for whom getting fat is easy is already fat. A small minority of have a hard time getting fat.