The Fat and the Furious (reposted)

maltesefalcon

New York Jill/Karen

Week 14. Another two weeks pass. Karen had gotten used to her routine. She would change into the outfits and let Jill photograph her in them. It was the same 20 or 30 outfits as before, but now in size 10, where she had agreed to stop the proceedings, once and for all. To get there, she had pulled out all the stops, to gain as quickly as possible in the home stretch. The end result was another 15 pounds, so now she taped out at 40-32-43.

On the positive side Roy, continued to praise and enjoy her upper expansion. Even now, she cupped her breasts, which soon would not fit into her hand any longer. On purpose, she went up to the size 40 bra but left the cup size at D. The flesh puffed out the top, making them look even bigger than they actually were.

It drove Roy wild. She was apprehensive about getting any bigger, though. 180 pounds was already technically in the upper end of the obese range. She was beginning to feel the effects of the extra padding as well. She tired more easily, carrying 40% more weight. Her thighs were beginning to chafe against each other as she walked, and as the mass of boob flesh increased, often gave her back aches. So far, this fear did not translate into reality, as she continued to stuff herself all day, including two separate lunch breaks.

Jill smiled as she noticed Karen finishing the last of the pecan pie. So far, Karen had not resisted the “program”. In fact Jill was kept busy trying to stay up to her, never running out of snacks.

Jill for her part did her best to keep up to her pace. She only went to one lunch as she was not actually trying to gain, just make sure Karen kept up. In spite of that reality, she had grown herself, now up to 140. This time not all of it went to her hips. Her face was getting fuller and she could feel the upper portions of her arms growing too.

On Karen’s part, iit was hard to stop the momentum. Once her agreed goal was achieved, she needed to fight off the triple threat of Jill, Anna and her own vastly increased appetite. Her will power had been whittled down so dramatically, that try as she might, she still binged from time to time. It was at one of these meals a week or so later, that Karen reached her inevitable sticking point. Jill noticed she was only eating a relatively small amount and commented. “You okay?”

Karen nodded as she wiped her chin. “Yes I’m fine. Just perfect actually-I tried the DD bra today and it fits perfectly-mission accomplished there.” She rubbed her belly and cautioned “But look at the rest of me. I think I’m getting too fat now. Weighed myself today and I’m at 190. If I’m not careful, soon I’ll be wearing size 12. Look, my belly is so big it’s getting harder to reach the table. My ass is so full I’m six inches taller, when I sit down now. If I get any fatter, I’ll be taller sitting down, than standing up.” She snickered at that but Jill looked a bit panicked. Karen knew why, but decided not to let her in on the game yet.

Jill said. “But you can’t stop now. You aren’t finished!”

“Far as I’m concerned I am. I must have had rocks in my head to even think this was good idea. Nope I’m not getting any bigger. In fact, once I get the job, I’m going on a diet. I’m tired of this.” To emphasize the point she pushed the plate away, only half eaten.

“But you agreed…”

“Not exactly. I didn’t get much say at all. Roberta wouldn’t compromise. For her it was all or nothing. Well, I have a new plan. She wants me at size sixteen at least, but she’d prefer a 22. That’s six more sizes than I am now. I’d be round by then. I couldn’t even walk across the room, let alone travel across country. Nope, this will have to do. Besides what options does she have? I’m all she’s got, right?”

“Right”, added Jill. “What am I going to do she thought. Roberta will go nuts...”

Immersed in her thoughts, she zoned out long enough for Karen to remark “Earth calling”. She snapped out of it and Karen suggested “Come on let’s go.” Once she stood up, Karen waddled over and gave her a big hug. “Thanks for your help. I couldn’t have done it without you. Don’t worry, once I get the job I’ll make sure your sacrifice was worth it.”

“Sacrifice?”

Karen patted Jill’s growing own belly. “I think my little eating marathons have rubbed off on you too, a little bit. Sorry dear. Anyway we’d better leave, I need to go to the office.”

Jill pondered as she helped shoehorn her subject into the car. “Do me a favour. Don’t tell Roberta about your decision just yet. Maybe if you just stabilize, she’ll get the message on her own and it will work itself out.”

Karen smiled. “Good idea.”

Helen Milan

After another weekend at Connie’s and a week of the combined assaults of the women at work and Gracia at home, Helen returned to the weekend retreat, for more of the same.

Connie watched as her assistants expertly measured up the latest “patient” and weighed her. Her eyebrow raised, as she scanned the proferred clip board. “How much did you say you needed to gain to get to your goal?”

Helen corrected. “It’s not really my goal. but we figured 100 pounds, or so. Lets say 50 kilo if I’m doing the math right. “

Connie clucked. “Let’s say 60 to be safe. How long to do it, again?”

“End of September latest, why?” A hint of alarm in her voice betrayed her.

Looking at the calendar, Connie calculated “14 weeks. So that’s just over 4 kilo a week.”

“Yes, so?, Helen countered.

“So this is what you did last week.” The previous measurements were virtually identical to last week, with the exception of 1.2 kilo of additional weight. “If you carry on like this you will only gain…17 kilo or so.”

Doing the math, Helen calculated around 35 pounds. She blanched. “I ate like a horse all week and I feel fatter.” Rubbing her belly, she admitted “I wasn’t sure if I’d go all the way, but I know Roberta would not let me off the hook that much.” She sighed as Connie pondered the situation.

“Didn’t realize that gaining was so tough? Look you’ve been here what-9 weeks and only added less than 15 kilo right? And you weren’t exactly starving then.”

Helen felt like crying but maintained her composure enough to ask “What can I do?”

Connie went to the bar and poured a large sherry. Before she offered it Connie asked “Are you really commited to do this? I can help, if you want. “

Helen nodded.

“I need to hear it out loud. Do you want my help or not?”

“Yes, please.”

“No backing out?”

Helen took the drink and began to sip it. “No I won’t change my mind. I guess I just need to try harder.”

“Good.” Connie smiled. Helen had finished the drink and Connie had another ready. “Here get this down you. It will put your mind at ease.” Helen was already feeling quite mellow; but sipped the second one as well. In no time, she was on her third, by which time she was looking for a place to sit. Her butt hit the chair about the same time the glass hit the floor. It was the last sound she heard, before the room faded to black.

Karen/Jill New York

That afternoon, they dropped in for a quick visit with Roberta. Everyone was whispering and snickering a bit under their breath. Jill did not realize that some of those snickers were not being directed at Karen, but at her. Roberta saw it though and resolved to nip that in the bud as soon as their meeting ended. She reviewed the photos and smiled. Karen left to go review her emails and Roberta used the private moment to confront her accomplice.

Closing the door Roberta asked. “How’s she progressing. Jill smiled. Another 10 pounds, as of today. She’s up to 190 now.”

Roberta nodded. “What size?”

Jill pondered and added. “Size ten for most stuff. It’s getting snug, though. She’s usually tries wearing a size smaller though. She’s trying to fool Roy into thinking she’s bigger than she actually is. Not sure why, but she seems to be flaunting this. I thought she’d be trying to hide it from him. He seems pretty philosophical about this. My boyfriend would…”

Roberta nodded.”Her personal life is not our concern. I’m more worried about her progress. She’s liable to start backing off soon. You can’t let that happen. I need her at least 4 sizes bigger, preferably 6.”

Jill whistled. “That’s 60-80 pounds anyway. You are right, she’s getting cold feet, she told me at lunch she’s not getting any bigger. She seems determined.”

Roberta shrugged “So? That’s what you’re here for.”

Jill swallowed “What do you mean?”

A more stern tone, from the boss now. “I mean young lady, she’s been doing this mostly on her own, and I’ve been paying you, to keep her on track. All you’ve really done is so far, is watch. Now, it’s showtime. You need to give her a serious attitude adjustment, and it needs to happen pretty quick. Or else…”

Jill gulped. “Or else what?”

Roberta suggested “I’m her boss, so I can probably exert some extra pressure, but I have better things to do. If necessary, I’ll take over , then I won’t really need you, will I? Unless, you would be willing to take over her role in this drama?” Roberta pinched her belly and smiled. “Looks like you’ve got a good head start. Some of this is rubbing off on you, I see. Maybe if you got more of the food into her instead of yourself, we’d be done now.”

Jill blushed. “You’ve noticed. I’m getting fat too, aren’t I? It’s not fair.”

“Can’t be helped. You can lose it when we’re done. Besides, I’m paying you to fatten her up, not yourself. Now, go do your job.”

Her younger companion shuddered then sighed. “Do you have any ideas that would help?”

“I do actually. Karen talks about an older neighbour from time to time. This whole idea was Karen’s but I think nothing would have occurred without her help.”

Jill nodded. “What’s her name?”

“Anna something. Polish I think.”

Jill nodded and moved to the door. “I’ll think of something.”

She went into Karen’s office and asked. “Look, it’s Friday night. My boyfriend’s out of town and I’m bored and a bit lonely. Think we could do something together?”

Karen said “Sure. Roy’s at the ball game, anyways. I was going to watch a movie with my neighbour. Would you like to meet her?”

Jill said “I’ll give you a ride.” On the way, Jill stopped at the bakery.

As they pulled in Karen asked. “Why’d you stop here?”

Jill explained. “Well you and Anna may be good friends, but I’ve never met her. I’m not showing up empty handed.”

Karen was impressed at her thoughtfulness. Jill bought a six-pack of cinnamon buns and tossed them on Karens lap to hold. They were in a clear container and Karen looked at them with longing. The smell began to fill the car, so finally Karen could resist no longer. She looked at her friend, arguing. “You know we’ve never tried their stuff before. Maybe I should see if they are okay.”

Jill nodded. “Oh to be sure. Don’t want to hurt her feelings.” Karen opened the package and took out not one but two, and began to scarf them down alternating from one to another. Before she was even finished the last, she was gazing intently down at the package once again.

She picked out another and handed it in Jill’s direction. “How rude of me I should have offered you one too.”

Jill held up her hand “No, thanks. I’m driving and they look pretty sticky.”

Karen shrugged. “Well it’s out now. I’ve got my finger prints all over it.” That was all the justification she needed to eat it, as well. It satisfied her for a few more blocks, until looking down she noticed. “Hmm packing looks weird with one on one side, and two on the other. She’ll know we ate some.”

Jill was about to say “Oh we did, did we?” She realized there was no point in arguing. The fourth bun already had two bites out of it.

Now, Karen was on a roll both gastrically and logically. “She’s old and these things are just chock full of calories you know…”

Duly noted thought Jill as she let her off the hook. “Oh yeah, you’ll be doing her a favor.”

Karen was already eating them anyway, and as she finished licking the remaining icing from her hands sighed in satisfaction. “I know they are bad for you, but I’ve got a weakness for those things. If no one stopped me, I’d eat them until I burst.” Jill knew it was just a figure of speech, but Karen had revealed a weakness in her resolve. If necessary, Jill would use that to her advantage, as much as possible.

When they got to Anna’s apartment, Karen advised. “I called her, to let her know I was bringing a guest. Well, another guest, I mean.”

Anna opened the door and hugged Karen, then took Jills hands in hers. “Yew Garen vriend Jill, yez? Then yew my vriend too.” She hugged Jill in her turn and said “Velcome to  my home.”

Jill looked her right in the eyes and offered “Zadowalany spotykac was.” (Pleased to meet you.)

Both women now stared at Jill, in shock. Anna beamed and asked “Wy mowicie jezyk Polski?” (You speak Polish?)

Jill nodded but held her finger and thumb a half inch apart, adding “Tak troche.” (A bit)

Then Anna launched into a virtual explosion of words and phrases, but it was obvious that the poor girl could not keep up.  Anna finally saw it too and laughed. “Zorry iz goot to hear zomvun talk to me in Polish, even “Tak troche”.  Zank yew for try. Mage old lady happy.”

She dried her eyes a bit as Karen said, “Then why don’t you get out of the way and let us in?” The younger women were still in the threshold.

“Oh, zorry. Voolish olt vooman. Gome, gome. Zhis gall for trink. Go zit, I get.”

Jill entered the living room, smiling smugly. If there were any way to get Karen back on the program, this old woman would be the key.

Jill didn’t know it then, but Karen would get on the program faster than both of them bargained for. But this time, she would have company.

Helen-Milan

She awoke, a liitle disoriented, with a dry mouth and a slightly sore throat. She was wearing a lovely pink bathrobe and it appeared, nothing else. A slight pain in her right arm revealed a small bandaid, covering what looked like a needle mark. Slightly alarmed, she sat up, realizing she was in her room, but stretched out on the bed.

Rosa came in just then and smiled. Leaning out the door she shouted something in Italian, which had the effect of bringing Connie in as well. Helen sat on the edge of the bed and tried to stand but felt a little woozy.

“Easy there. It hasn’t worn off yet. You need a bit longer to recover. Half hour should do it.”

Helen shook her head to clear it. “W-what hasn’t worn off?”

Connie explained. “We sedated you. That’s why the bandage. You had an IV. Don’t worry you’re okay. Rosa and her sister are trained nurses.”

Helen struggled to remember. “You gave me something to drink…”

“Just to relax you, like I said. Then we got to work. To help you.”

Helen was a bit worried so probed “What have you done?”

Connie nodded and Rosa helped Helen to her feet. The two positioned her over a scale which read 74.8 kilo. Helen did the math quickly and gasped “That’s like 165 pounds! How long have I been here?”

Her mentor offerd “It’s only Sunday-so three days-well almost. It’s only lunch time yet. “

Helen felt herself all over and asked “Take me to a mirror.” Her companions did just that and Connie helped her slip the robe off. Helen gazed thunderstruck, at the sudden change. Her little paunch had popped now. It had actually expanded by 3 inches and its pudgy softness overshadowed the growth elsewhere.

Connie used the opportunity to measure her up and added the 41-27-39 stats to her chart. She patted the new stomach bulge“Look how much you’ve grown. Now you’re getting on track.”

Helen was still in shock; but recovered enough to say. “This is a trick-no way I could gain that much in three days!”

Connie showed her back to the room and switched on CNN. The news didn’t matter. She pointed to the day/date/time crawl, which confirmed she was telling the truth. Helen sat down hard and asked. “H-how did you do this?”

“We sedated, you like I said. Then a little combination of IV drip and a feeding tube. Special high calorie mix-its basically cooking oil with some additives for vitamins and a binder to prevent stomach issues. Works really well.”

“Let me guess-Plan B” Helen reddened.

Now Connie reddened a bit as well. “Obviously, Toni cannot keep a secret. I will have to get my guests to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in future.”

“Don’t change the subject! You had no right…”

Connie shook her head. “Technically, you did ask for my help. If I’d explained everything …”

“I’d have said no, naturally.” Helen was still irate.

“I know-that’s why I didn’t bother. This is for your own good; but you need to make up your mind. Put it this way-you are still smaller than you wanted to be anyway, so no harm there. But if you do this a few times, you can eat comfortably and enjoy yourself, but still stay on track.”

Helen was recovering her wits now and realized that Connie was right. “Guess you have a point.”

Connie nodded. “You have the rest of the week to enjoy. I’d suggest we do this every other weekend until you are shall we say, out of danger?”

Helen just nodded, but was not sure if she meant it then.

Karen/Jill New York

The younger women went into the living room and Anna came back with the drinks and a few snacks. All sipped their drinks for a minute or so as they chatted, but Karen was staring at the chips and dip. Finally she could stand it no more, and slid forward to get some. She bent down and Jill noted something she had only seen very recently in her. Bending forward for her now was becoming more difficult and complicated. Karen opened her legs a bit, but as her belly finally met her legs it began to push her breasts up higher on her chest, blocking her view.

Of course it made her try to bend lower, making the situation worse. She actually had to press her breasts out of the way with one hand in order to reach the bowl at all. The first couple times she was successful in obtaining her quarry, and began to stuff herself once again. She was getting tired though, so started to bend sideways, which helped the issue and allowed her to use both hands. Jill was about to admonish her for her most indignified posture when she settled the issue herself. She dropped a chip and a huge dollop of dip in the lap of her satin pants and down the front of her silk blouse. They were both white and Karen was worried they would be ruined.

Wiping off the mess a bit she blushed. “I need to go upstairs a minute, to change and put these in water.”

Anna said “Go go. Ve get to know eage odder in meantime.”

After the door closed,the two had a conversation in Polish, on Jill’s side at least, a form of it. Anna asked where she had picked it up and Jill replied from her grandmother. Anna sensed Jill was not getting every word after a while so offered.

“Ve do Englige vor vhile now. Plendy dime to gatch up. Garen no understand anyvay.”

Jill took advantage of her colleague’s absence to ask.” I understand you are the one who inspired her to change her appearance.”

Anna shook her head. “No. All her idea vrom start. I just help viz zum engouragment. Yew too I zink yez?”

Jill nodded. “It’s for work you see. Only…”

Anna quickly fathomed that Jill was not entirely in Karen’s confidence, and that she was a bit worried. “Vhat wronk. Garen in trouble? Zhe no zay to me.”

Jill shook her head. “Not yet. Our boss has it in her mind that Karen needs to be even bigger, for a special promotion she has in mind. A new clothing line for people her size.”

Anna’s eyebrow raised “How mudge bikker?”

“A lot. Maybe, 100 pounds. It’s not up to me really.”

Anna shrugged “Zo. She get bikker. She eat all time yew zee. Vhat broblem?”

“Broblem…problem is she told me today, she is going to start tapering off. You know-cutting down. We have a schedule and she’s not going to make it. Not any time soon, at least.”

She took Anna’s hand, adding “You seem like a good friend. You don’t want her to get fired do you?”

“Vired. Really?” Anna was worried at this point.

“Yep. Me too maybe, if I fail. My new assignment is to make sure that she hits the target weight, and on time. Not my idea of fun, but I have to do what I’m told.”

Anna frowned. “Ve zee about zhat.” She patted Jill’s thigh. Anna help. “Anyvay glad yew zay zomezing. Yew goot vriend.”

Jill held her fingers to her lips and implored. “Please don’t tell her I said anything…”

Anna assured. “Zegret zafe wiz me. Don’t vorry-nobody get fired. Anna do preddy good job zo far.” She patted her own waistline. “Ead my own vood. I tink I know leedle bid aboud vhat vork. Ve geep her on program togedder.”Then, she grabbed the young woman’s hand and ordered “Gome. Into gitchen. Ve get ztarted.”

Jill smiled slyly, only a little guilty at her deception. “Between you at home and me at work, we can sort of team up. If we do this right, she’ll never know what hit her.”

Anna smiled as she thought to herself. Yew zhink I em old vool. Karen no qvuit getting bikker yet. I already vigure out.Then she sized up the conspirator and hatched a plan of her own.  Vun ov yew get zurprize, that zure!

Helen-Milan

The next hurdle came with dressing herself. Try as she might, she simply couldn’t fit into the clothes she’d brought with her. Connie’d thought of that and had a few items collected to tide her over. “I’ve arranged to get some stuff over to Gracia as well.”

“Oh my God!” she blurted. “What will Gracia say-and the ladies in the factory?”

Connie assured her. “If she notices, she will be happy. In any case, she won’t comment unless you do. She never does.”

“Never does? I’m not sure that puts me at ease-this is all too commonplace for my liking. How many times has she seen this before?”

A mischevious grin. “You really want to know?”

“Hmm maybe not. Just keep quiet about it.”

Helen needn’t have worried. Gracia as predicted, made no comment about her sudden expansion; which was startlingly apparent. The ladies at work noticed but instead of ridiculing her, they congratulated her and actually took credit for most of it. Helen was deluged with food now, as they realized that not only did Helen really want to get bigger, she was showing marked progress. The only off-note was the last suit they had been sewing for her. All that was required was trim and buttons; but it became apparent that it would never fit, although she’d been measured only a week before.

They took it as a challenge however. Now, instead of simply inputting the measurements each week; they added a growth factor so the suit would fit when complete. It worked, but everyone including Helen knew each new garment would still only fit for a short time, until her growth phase had ended.

There was no sign of that. Now resigned to her fate, she took up the offer to continue the feeding tube routine but only every other weekend. That way she could enjoy herself on her off days. That usually entailed a healthy dose of Gracia’s cooking, combined with a few outings with Connie. At every meal, she did her best to stuff herself to bursting. There was no going back now.

Karen/Jill New York

Karen was gone a while, returning in a bathrobe carrying a tray of snacks. “Sorry I was so long. I was dying for a shower. I brought something to nibble on…” She snorted somewhat as she noticed Jill in the kitchen with Anna doing exactly the same thing. The snacks were ready and Karen placed hers down and waited for the others to take a taste.

Anna grabbed a plate and began to fill it and then noshed away. “Mmm iz goot. Yew learning to be goot gook Garen.” Jill had not taken anything yet, content to sit and watch her companions fill up.

Karen looked at her with a hurt expression. “If you don’t try this, you’ll hurt my feelings.”

Anna used a more direct approach, filling another plate and handing it to her. “Here.” When the plate was not taken, Anna leaned forward whispering. “Yew vant my help, yez? Garen veel bad yew no try. Mebee zhe get zame idea too.”

Jill reluctantly took the food and Anna made sure she ate it, and the second plate to follow. Karen ate considerably more, but finally placed hers down, and smiled in satisfaction. “Oh that was good. I think I’m beginning to get the hang of this.”

Anna now raised an eyebrow and remarked. “Ve’ll ve zee about zat. Now yew try ourz. Jill help. Zee who yew lige better.”

Now it was Karen’s turn to beg off. “Uh no thanks, I’m full.” It was a lie. Karen was still hungry, starving in fact. Despite her intentions, her body had a will of its own. But if Jill was getting paid to do essentially something she wanted anyway, she was going to milk it for all it was worth. Roberta had asked to to make it hard and she planned to do that. She also had an idea that Roberta hadn’t asked for but…

Jill was off the hook for now, at least as far as stuffing Karen was concerned. Of course, Anna hadn’t taken no for an answer. As usual.

She filled a plate and handed it to Karen anyway. “Not vair we eat your vood and yew no try ourz?” Karen took the plate with feigned resignation, but immediately began to scarf if down. Jill heaped more on another plate and was ready to hand it to her, as she finished the last bite. Anna pushed it her way instead. “Vhat people zink about gook, who no ead own vood? Maybe zink not very goot. Yew haf zhis.” Anna made another plate for Karen, and in ten minutes or so, everything was gone.

Jill relaxed, as they started to watch the movie and Anna made some delicious drinks. It was basically a home made version of Bailey’s. She used real cream, sugar, cocoa and instead of whisky, added a generous helping of chocolate schnapps.

They were delicious, but highly laden with calories. Jill didn’t care. While her companions nursed theirs slowly, she sucked them back like there was no tomorrow. The other side effect was that by 10:00, she was a bit looped. Not falling down, but certainly in no condition to drive.

Anna brought out some more chips and dip, in hopes of sobering her up a bit. It just made her thirsty, so she had a couple more drinks to wash it down. These last were alcohol free at least, but she didn’t seem to notice or mind.

Karen rolled her eyes. Anna it think I need a favor. She grabbed her arm and steered her into the kitchen. Peering from the door the pair looked at Jill now eating and drinking with abandon. “Look at her. She’s too bombed to drive home. Do you think…”

“Idz ogay. Zhe ztay here tonide. Zleep on zofa.”

Karen was relieved. Although she would have made the offer if necessary, the last thing she wanted was this plumpening little morsel hanging around the apartment tomorrow, in front of Roy. Although she trusted him completely, there was no point in tempting fate.

Anna drew her deeper into the kitchen and whispered.” Lizzen zhe tell me ztory. Zayz yew not get bikker just vor Roy. Zayz boss vorze yew or vired. Zhe alzo zay yew vant ztop now-getting too vat. Iz true?”

Karen shushed her, worried that she would be overheard. “Look she thinks that, because that’s what we told her. I’m still doing this for the same reasons we talked about on, that first day. And I am still loving every moment of it. I have no intention of quitting, either my job or...this. When and if I do, I will discuss it with Roy and of course I’ll let you know.”

While relieved Anna was puzzled. “Zo she no lie, yew do? Garen I’m am disappoint wiz yew.”

Karen calmed her. “I had to. Actually, she still has a job because of it. Our boss was very angry at her for something and was going to fire her. Now she’s supposedly my coach through all this. It’s her punishment.”

“Oh, no new job vor yew?

“Maybe, maybe not. My weight gain is only a happy accident, as far as that is concerned. I’m only the second choice, the backup plan if you like. If I wanted it, I need to be bigger than this to get it anyway. A lot bigger, and that’s not what Roy and I agreed to in the beginning.”

“I know. Jill zay mebee hundret pounds more. Zhe tell me yew already zay yew vinish getting bikker. Asg me vor help her. Vhy you no tell her trut?”

Karen admitted. “Not really up to me, unfortunately. It’s complicated, but I can’t tell the whole story. Honestly, I’m not sure if I even have the whole story.”

Anna smiled. “I zhink mebee yew try geep option oben. “

Karen shook her head. “No, I’m not doing it. But if Jill is enlisting my friends behind my back to help her, it’s a little over the line. No one asked her to do that. I think I need to teach her a lesson she won’t forget. Maybe you could help me with that. If we spent more time here together, maybe the one with the extra weight would be….”she nodded her head in the direction of the living room.

Anna nodded “Zure. Only if zhe do yew cannot zay quit. Yew ztop she no gome.” She patted Karen’s belly as she proposed. “Mebee haf to get little bit bikker yez?”

Karen had to admit she had a point. “Okay I’ll do it. If I put on another size or two, it will be worth it, as long as she gets most of it.” She rubbed her belly adding. “Roy will get a little more than he bargained for. Somehow I don’t think he’ll complain.”

Anna tried to conceal her delight at that, but Karen caught her. “I think there’s another person that will be happy about it too.”

Anna said to herself “I zhink zhat person be yew.”

Returning to the living room they found Jill already passed out on the couch. Karen snickered and said. “What say we call it a night? Are you sure its okay…”

Anna assured her. “Iz vine. Go home. Gall in morning.”

She did just that. Jill came to the phone and asked her to come down. “You need to help me. She won’t let me go, now she’s found out I have a car. She’s trying to get me to run all kinds of errands for her. And she’s trying to stuff me like a turkey.”

“Welcome to my world.” Karen was surprised that Anna would duplicate her routine, on someone who would be somewhat less enthusiastic. But she was even more surprised that Jill would go for it. “How’s it taste?”

Jill asked ”How’s what taste?”

“The stuffing. Pretty gross eh?”

Jill paused a moment. “What are you talking about? She made me eat three plates of bacon and eggs, for breakfast. Did you think I meant real stuffing? It’s only 8:30. That would be…”

Karen finished the thought. “Ridiculous. Yeah, of course.”

Jill wondered what she was on about, but more pressing issues were at hand. “Look, are you coming down or not?”

Karen smiled as she answered. “You need to do your own dirty work. I’m not kidnapping you, just to get out of helping her. She’s very nice and didn’t object in the slightest, when you basically invited yourself over yesterday. It’s up to you, but if aren’t nice to her I doubt she’ll invite you back. Too bad I think she liked…”

Jill cut her off. “Okay you win.”

“Good. Call me when you get back.”

Jill said “What are you going to do, go back to bed?

Karen pondered a moment and began to remove her dressing gown. “That’s a good idea.”

Hanging up the phone, she crept into the bedroom; where she saw her husband was still asleep. She slid under the covers and pressed herself against him. The sensation woke him up and he smiled at her “Hi baby. You look glad to see me.” She reached down to his groin looking for and finding the hoped for physical reaction. Guess you could say the feeling was mutual.

Afterward, they snuggled and Karen asked. “Roy, can I talk to you about something?” Roy caressed her hair with one hand, and played the other over her rump.

“Sure what’s up?”

“ Well it’s about this thing I’m doing. You know I’m doing it for you, right. You like it so far?”

Roy spanked her playfully. “I thought the last half hour was proof of that.”

Karen pouted “I’m serious. I worry sometimes, you might change your mind. I don’t think it would be so easy to get rid of all…”

Roy said “Are you kidding,  I won’t change my mind. You are fulfilling my wildest dreams.”

Slightly encouraged, Karen asked “Honeey..?”

Like most husbands Roy knew when she was fishing for something. “Yeeess…?”

“When we started out, we agreed on size ten. At the time I thought that was enormous and never had any intention of going that far. Sorry, but I thought you’d be satisfied with less. Now I’m starting to sneak past that, too. I’m nearly a 12 already. Guess I’m getting used to the routine. I just can’t seem to get enough now.”

Roy shrugged as best he could. “I would never have made you do anything you didn’t want. Why, did you change your mind? Going on a diet?”

“No you don’t get it, my attitude has changed.” Karen said “I don’t recall when or if it was ever a conscious decision. I just got swept up in the momentum and now, it’s not so bad. To be honest, I kind of like being a little softer, and the extra attention I’m getting.” Then, she gathered up the courage to talk about what was really on her mind. “In fact…I was thinking quite the opposite. What if I kept going and ended up little bit bigger than this? Would you have any objections to that?”

Quite the contrary he thought but was careful to mask his glee for now. “Oh. How much bigger?”

At first, she tested him. “At the rate your cooking is improving, I’m probably going to add a couple more sizes, for sure.  But, what if I decided not to stop there? Would there ever be a point where you said I was too fat?”

Now intrigued Roy paid more careful notice to her every word. “Maybe you’d better just tell me, what you have in mind.”

Karen gulped and said “Size 22. Eightyish pounds more at least-maybe 100. Remember that suit that started the whole thing. More or less like that,  but for real.” Then she gulped. “Probably for life too.”

Roy nodded. “So what brought this on?”

“Well Roberta was trying to get Helen to gain weight, too. For the new line. Helen’s in line for a promotion. Big one. As far as we know, she’s not cooperating, at least for now. Roberta has said I’m plan B, if Helen doesn’t measure up.”

Now he understood. “So you’d need to be size 22, to take her place? 80 pounds- that would be about as much as you’ve already gained?”

Karen nodded. “To this point I’ve done this mostly for you. I’m not sure if I’ll make it, or even if I’ll get the job. All I can guarantee is that I won’t, at this weight. I’ve gone this far. What’s that expression you like to use? Go big…”

“…or go home.” Roy hugged her tighter. “Look I just don’t want you to be disappointed, if you don’t get it.” He thought to himself every bulge on her, would essentially be twice as big. “But of course I’ll be delighted, if you keep growing. Don’t worry honey, I’d love you no matter what you weighed, but as far as I’m concerned, the bigger the better. Long as you’re happy too.”

She reached down again. Nope he wasn’t lying. Even talking about it, was making him aroused. Good. “Then, in half an hour, I’m having a shower and you are going to make me some breakfast.”

Roy laughed. “What’ll we do until then?”

Karen rolled over on top of him. “I’ll think of something.”

Helen-Milan

Weeks have passed since the “program” started. Jill had continually forewarned Helen of Karen’s progress. By now the junior staffer was up to 190 pounds and seemed to be getting progressively rounder. Jill had no way of knowing that Helen was catching up.

On the European side of the ocean, Helen was now tipping the scale at 170. Even at this weight twenty pounds in 2 weeks was a big change. Helen noticed her clothes had been getting tight again. No wonder- her figure now measured up at 42DD-28-39.

Her stomach was now very prominent and keeping it constantly full of food, had stretched its capacity threefold. She massaged it gently, as she surveyed the rest of the damage. Her butt was greatly softened and already showed signs of the layers of cellulite that were stacking up. Up top, her breasts were massively expanded. They were beginning to sag under their own weight and she took care to wear a bra as much as she could.

At first, she had worried that once she started to grow in earnest, she would be the victim of teasing and would chicken out. Quite the contrary, the models praised her on her expansion. Connie had reminded her that European men typically like fuller figures, and in Italy especially, they like a nice fleshy posterior. The tight slacks and skirts that Connie picked out did in fact, garner their fair share of wolf whistles and outright stares. Helen suspected that some of the clothing was for Connie’s benefit; but did not begrudge her the small indulgence for all her efforts.

Karen New York

Karen sat back in her chair and massaged her belly. Roy had outdone himself. He really was getting to be a good cook. The phone rang, and he answered it. He came out and explained. “Phil phoned in sick today. They need another guy… It’s double time.” That was all the convincing she needed. Money was tight and they hoped to buy a house, someday. Roy quickly dressed and came out with a surprise. “Don’t get up from the table yet.” He placed an entire cherry pie in front of her.

“I’m impressed. You are getting better at this!”

“Don’t get too excited” he confessed. “It’s frozen, I just heated it up.”

She tasted it and said “It’s pretty good all the same. Most husbands wouldn’t even have done that. You know I’m pretty full. Maybe you could feed this to me…”

Roy shrugged. “If it would help, I’d rub it all over myself and let you lick it off. But duty calls.”

Kissing her goodbye, he added. “I’m not sure what time I’ll be home. Don’t wait dinner.”

He left and the phone rang again. “As expected. Perfect timing.”

Jill begged her. “Come down-pleeease.”

Karen said. “In an hour. I just got up.” She heard a sigh on the phone. “All right, but hurry. Anna’s keeping  your breakfast warm.”

“Oh. I don’t want it. I ate with Roy already. Put her on the phone please.”

Anna came on. “Good morning. Sorry I’m not coming down right away.”

“Vhat I do with vood? Already gook.”

Karen said “I’m sure you’ll think of something. I’ll be down later.”

Karen hung up and looked at the pie, tasting it once more. It was pretty good. As she ate, she pondered the commitment she had just made. Mind you at first, she had been reluctant to gain weight at all. Then she resigned herself to it, partly for Roy and partly as a realization it was inevitable anyway. But slowly, the reluctance turned to relish. She had to admit to herself that she really did enjoy being more voluptuous, and eating without stigma had its pleasures. Not only that, her job was relatively stress-free. She was being paid to do something both Roy and she were enjoying the fruits of.”

That’s it!  From now, on she stopped worrying about how she would look 80 pounds bigger, and focussed on getting there. She tasted the pie once again, savouring every bite and wondering how many calories it was. Each mouthful was one step closer to the goal.

She finished the pie and went over to the fridge, opening the freezer compartment. She found another two pies in there, took them out and put them in the oven. 45 minutes later she took them out, put them on the counter to cool and went down to Anna’s.

Jill answered the door. “Oh I was hoping it was you.”

Karen made her apology for not coming down. “Roy and I were…busy.”

Anna smiled. “Iz ogay. Vood nod go to vaste.”

Jill whispered. “Thanks to you I had to eat it. I hope you’re happy!”

Delighted she thought but instead said “Look Roy and I are trying to make a baby and it was time...”

Jill wrinkled her nose. “Ewww. I don’t need details.”

Karen kissed Anna on the cheek. “We need to go. I’m sure Jill wants to get home right?”

Jill said. “Oh yeah, I’d like to get home and take a shower.” She thanked Anna for her hospitality and the pair left.

“Why didn’t you just leave?”

“Because she hid my keys. She pretended to misplace them. Anyway I am going home.”

Karen said “Any plans for today?”

Jill closed her eyes in anticipation. “I’m going to have a nice long soak and have the place to myself.”

“Oh it’s just Roy got called in and I’m on my own. Mind waiting a minute?”

“Sure, why?”

Karen rubbed her belly. “I think I overdid this. I was serious the other day. I’m thinking of changing my mind. I’d like to check out a couple gyms. Could you drop me off on your way? I might even walk back. That’d be a start…”

Jill had no answer and stalled. “I’ll come up and help you get ready.” Karen played her hand slowly. The smell of the pies was now permeating the entire apartment.

Jill laughed. “So now I see what you’ve been up to.”

Karen waved her off. “I didn’t bake those. Roy did. Well actually they are store bought, so technically he didn’t either. He got called in, like I said. Before he left he insisted I eat them, before he gets home. Maybe I’ll pitch them into the garbage chute. Roy will never know.” She sat on the couch and beckoned her over. “Can we talk a minute? I need to confide in someone.”

Jill said “Sure. What’s up?”

“Well it’s Anna. I love her, but I think I need a break, if I’m going to lose any weight. I like to visit, but the stuff she makes…well I need to start eating healthier. She seems to like you. If you’d be willing to spend a little time with her…”

Jill’s little plan was unravelling before her eyes. Suddenly a thought. “Maybe I could come over more when you are together. Act like a go-between.”

Karen tried her best to contain herself. “There you go! I’m surprised I didn’t think of that myself. But you have a life of your own. I couldn’t ask...”

“It’s okay. Tyler’s on a business trip. He’ll be out of the country, for a while. Got nothing better to do. Look, I can do something else. What if I helped out with the cooking down there a bit? I could see which ones to avoid, then and steer you in the right direction.”

Karen paused the requisite amount of time before saying That’s a wonderful idea! You’re on.”

Both thought to themselves. Now you are in for it.

Karen thanked her again and said give me five minutes and I’ll be ready to go…

Jill stopped her. “You know I really don’t have that much on my plate today. I could hang out here, if it’s alright.”

“I’d like nothing better” Karen added truthfully. “Why don’t you grab a shower? There’s a robe in the bathroom. I’ll find something for you to wear.” She rummaged through the box of items destined for Good Will, pulling out a cute pink sweater and skirt.

Jill came out and found the items laid out on the bed. The top fit fine, better than it had fit Karen in fact. But the skirt was a bit snug. It was virtually plastered to her butt, and a bit uncomfortable.  Karen was in the kitchen staring at the two pies. Jill asked what are you doing.

“Well I was going to give you these to take home, but now you are here. Guess I’ll throw them out after all. I’m starving but I need something lo-cal.”

Jill was fast on her feet. “Uh-let me see the package.”

Karen handed her one and Jill pretended to read the label studiously. “I know this brand. I’ve been on diets before too, you know. Know anything about calorie counting?”

Karen laughed. “No I’ve been skinny all my life, so I never needed to. I have no idea what is in most stuff.”

Jill was relieved and advised. “We’ll see. Look-only 100 calories. That’s not so bad. You could eat both of them and not gain weight.”

Karen knew she was lying. The 100 calories were for a 50 gram serving, barely a forkful.

Karen rubbed her belly and licked her lips. “Well I am a bit hungry. Tell you what I’ll eat one. Right now.”

Jill said “That’s the spirit. With me in your corner, you can’t go wrong.”

“Good.” she replied. “You can eat the other.”

Karen grabbed a fork and began to eat the pie right out of the pie plate. Jill had not made any effort to reciprocate, so Karen pointed “Forks are in there. Help yourself to a drink, if you want something to wash it down.”

Jill rubbed her bloated stomach protesting. “I can’t eat a whole pie.”

Karen shrugged “Why not? You said yourself it’s not fattening. Hey wait a minute, you wouldn’t lie about that…”

Jill was trapped. If she now admitted the pie was fattening, not only would Karen know she was lying , her little mentor plan would be over before it started.

Jill sat down with her and did her best, albeit with somewhat less enthusiasm than Karen. She gave up about 2/3 in, begging off. “I’m full. I’ve had to eat your breakfast too, you know.” That satisfied Karen in two ways. She had forgotten that, so Jill had indeed probably eaten her fill. More to the point Karen was actually still hungry.

“Your loss is my gain. Oh poor choice of words, there. You know what I mean. Good thing I’ve got you in my corner. I just can’t stop eating, lucky this is low-cal.”  Jill grinned deviously as she watched Karen finish that one, too. As the last of it slid down her throat, Karen purred with satisfaction, wondering how many calories were in the 2 1/3 pies she had eaten so far. Plus breakfast. Maybe she would reach the target after all.

“Look, I am going to need your help. I know Roberta is forcing you to “babysit” me, but enough is enough. I’ll pretend to go through the motions when we’re around her, or Mary. But you need to cut back on the snacks. Do whatever it takes to make it look like I’m still going through with it, but bring healthy stuff. You need to cover for me, too.”

Jill was becoming increasingly alarmed “Cover? How? Why?”

“I’m going to try to get to the gym at lunch, as much as possible. Will remove temptation and work off some of this flab, at the same time.”

Jill said “I don’t know…”

“Look, don’t lie but don’t blab, either. Long as we don’t have an actual assignment, we’re on our own time at lunch. Helen will be home soon and she’s not interested in this. It will be too late for Roberta to find someone else. There’s no way I’ll be back to my old self by then, so she’ll have to give me the job. Once I’m settled in, she can’t force me to gain it back. It’d be illegal.”

Jill gulped “What about me? If you quit or even slow down, I’ll get the blame. Then…”

Karen patted her hand. “We’re in this together. I told you before, I’d make sure you get looked after. Someone will have to take my place, when I get the new job. Who better than you? A good friend who I can trust, right?”

Now very uncomfortable, Jill began to feel a little guilty about her deepening involvement in this little caper. But so far, not guilty enough to actually do as Karen asked, or even reveal the extent of her deception. Karen went to the fridge and took out a bottle of wine. Dangling it in front of Jill, she asked “Want a glass? A toast to our new…partnership.”

“Sure” said Jill. “Pour it out, I’ll be right back.”

“Okay, where you off to?”

“Oh just back to Anna’s for a minute. I feel bad for rushing off. I think I need to apologise.”

For once, she was right. “Off you go. I’ll be here.”

Helen Milan

Helen was on her computer again. Poor Karen was still stuffing herself like a prize turkey. Jill sent pictures of her and in every one she was eating something. Jill said that Roberta was doing most of her work now, in order to minimize any distractions.

It was apparent that Helen did not have Karen’s metabolism. She gained weight much more easily, but was still undecided on whether that “advantage” was a welcome characteristic. Nevertheless, the European contender had gained another 20 pounds, bring her up to 190 as well. This technically put her 10 pounds into the obese range of the BMI scale. The tube feeding sessions were larely to blame but Helen was doing her fair share of the work. She found the rapid growth a bit frightening, sometimes. As she pondered that, Connie returned, adding she had a surprise and bade Helen go into her room. Connie came in with a garment bag and offered. “I want you to try this on.”

“Sure” said Helen who took off everything but her bra and panties. Connie scowled. “You work in the garment business and you wear such poorly fitted underthings. You know as well as I, if the underwear is wrong, the whole look is wrong.”

Helen looked at her breasts pinched into the too -small bra and remarked. “I know. Maybe you can help measure me up.” In a shot, Connie was over and expertly measured her up at 44E-31-42. She lingered just a bit as she wrapped the tape around each area, “accidently” brushing against her breast as she measured the top.

The numbers were slightly alarming and Helen surveyed her new profile commenting. “You know I’m already as big as Karen, despite her best efforts.” She patted the soft butt and now sagging belly, adding “I’ve gotten big enough, I think.”

Not for me Connie thought. “Really” she challenged. “Chickening out already? I knew this would happen sooner or later, but I thought you had more resolve than this. Odette…”

Helen interjected. “I’m not Odette already. I’m doing this for my own reasons, not your personal gratification.”

Connie responded with an exaggerated pout. “I see so my hard work is rewarded with distrust and sarcasm.”

Helen grabbed her by the chin “Don’t give me the martyr act. I know you are getting a kick out of this; but I’m not getting any bigger just to make your day. Enough is enough. I thank you for your assistance so far, but this is over as of right now!”

“So I’m fired, just like that eh? Fair enough.” Connie surrendered.

Helen gave her a hug and said “It had to stop sooner or later. Come on, still friends right?”

Connie nodded. “Of course. Just don’t embrace me in your underwear any more, unless you mean it.”

Helen pushed her away adding “Oh, you are incorrigible. Anyway I’m like this because you asked me to.”

“Oh yes” Connie opined. “I have a surprise. Here.” She handed the garment bag and the contents revealed a skirt suit. It was exquisite, both in cut and material. “Thought you might want to see the top of the line. This is our Empress selection.”

Helen was practically drooling. “Oh my. It’s just lovely. Think I could try it on?”

Connie nodded. “That’s why I brought it. Just be careful. That retails for 15,000 Euro. I need to bring it back fit for sale.”

Helen was intimidated, so asked for help.

Connie suggested, “Try the jacket first.”

Once she had slipped it on Helen frowned. “What gives, this is miles too big. Are you trying to be funny? What size I this?”

Connie offered. “I checked. It’s equivalent to your size 16. Isn’t that the minimum Roberta wanted? I’m sure she’ll be delighted when you show up looking like that. Then again, what if she isn’t? Karen will of course, not continue in her efforts to displace you. So your little plan for revenge will end, and you will still have to fulfill the requirements. Without my help, however.”

Then she turned to leave. “Just get it back into the bag and hang it up. I’ll get it later. Now if you’ll excuse me since I’m “unemployed” I’m going out for a while.” Connie spun on her heel and turned to leave.

Helen sighed. “Alright you win. Please don’t leave. I need you.”

Connie concealed her inner delight. “Oh I don’t know. Being fired is not very pleasant.”

Helen offered “I apologise. Please. You were right.”

Connie nodded in victory. “Done. On two conditions.”

Self-conscious now of her near nakedness and Connie’s feelings for her, Helen cautiously added. “Name them.”

“First no more talk of quitting. You see this to the end, or not at all.”

Helen nodded. “No problem. Now, if the second condition is that you and I…”

“Nothing like that, but my offer still stands on that. It would be my great pleasure. Aaaanytime” she purred. “No I have other plans for you. I’ve already picked out some items. Get dressed. We’re going out.”

She handed her a skimpy spandex dress. It only came to just below her crotch and from the cut it was apparent that it was meant to be worn braless. It would have sufficed for a small breasted wearer, but would leave a bustier woman like Helen, nearly naked up top.

Connie for her part wore pair of hot pants styled to look like Lederhosen. On top the cross bar connecting the shoulder harness had been modified into a self contained bra. Other than shoes, it comprised her entire wardrobe.

Helen looked at the “dress” and scoffed. “I’m not going out like that. I’ll look ridiculous. And what you have on could get you arrested.”

Connie countered. “Actually where we’re going these outfits would be somewhat tame. You need to come out of your shell a bit and enjoy your new figure. Don’t worry, you can wear a coat over top till we get there.”

Helen remained unconvinced. “And just where are we going?”

“Little club. Odette hangs out there. All this is for her benefit. My other condition for helping you is that  you  help me to win her back. Time to repay your debt.”

Karen/Jill New York

Anna answered and was surprised to see her back so soon. Jill stormed in and Anna could see from her demeanor she was upset “Vhat wronk?”

“Everything. Oh Anna. It’s what I was afraid of. She’s giving up. Even talking about going to the gym.”

Anna nodded “I zee. Anyzing elze?”

“Yes actually. She feels you are a good friend, but a bad influence. You know.” She puffed out her cheeks to demonstrate. “She’s asked me to kind of spy on you, and make sure the food you give her is non-fattening.”

Anna pondered a moment. “Ah I zee. So zhe zink I zabotage her and zo yew now try zabotage me?”

Jill said “Well I wouldn’t have put it that way, but in a nutshell that’s it. Look, don’t feel badly. She loves you and still wants to spend time with you, but only if she can do it on her terms.”

Anna hugged Jill and said. “Glad yew tell. Yew betray zecret but it vor her benvit. Ztill muzz be hart yez?”

“Yez, I mean yes. What are we going to do?”

“No worry dear. Anna zee zhis before. Many times. Yew go home now. I vix everyding. You zee.”

Jill was about to tell her she had no intention of going home just yet, when there was another knock at the door. Jill opened it and Karen was standing there.

“Hey you’ve been a while, everything okay?”

Anna said “Everything just vine now.” She winked at Jill in mock conspiratorial manner. “Karen I zorry you zink I veed you doo muge. Olt vay. You vorgive?”

Karen hugged her and said. “Of course” as she wondered where the conversation was going. Jill was nearly apoplectic at the revelation, but kept her cool for now.

“I loog vor rezipes wiz lower galorie. Only nod have ride ztuff here. Jill come in gitchen we loog.” Jill gritted her teeth and just before she blew it Anna said. “We mage out lizt, yew buy.”

She began writing and as the list grew Jill figured it out. “Yew go get mebee vor me.”

Karen said “Feel like some company?” Jill panicked as Karen’s presence would sabotage the effort. Karen smiled. “Actually I was talking to Anna… “

Anna said “Zure ve need talk anyvay.”

In turn Jill seized the opportunity and chimed in. “No I’m good. You chat I can do it.” Then she left.

Anna started. “Loog Garen vhat goink on? First you vant my help, then no…”

Karen shushed her. “It’s just for her benefit. I have no intention of losing weight or even quitting. In fact I’m going to go all the way. I’ll try anyway. You were right from the start. Once I started to gain I kind of got used to it. I’m getting addicted to the extra goodies and all the attention Roy has been giving me.”

Anna was pleased and gave her a hug. “Honezt. Yew no vool me?”

Without a word Karen went into the fridge and grabbed a package of strawberry ice cream. Taking a spoon from the drawer she began to eat it, the whole thing, slowing only enough to prevent brain freeze. “Does that answer your question?  Roy and I talked it over this morning. “I’m not sure if I can gain that much weight, but I’m willing to try. I expect you to pitch in and help.”

Anna was beside herself but kept in control. “It vill be more divvicult zan yew zink.

“I know.”

“But I haff plan. Jill in on it. Iv we do right, yew get everthing yew vant and zhe get zpinoff.”

Karen laughed. “How do you propose to do that?”

“Eazy. Ve make vood. Low galories. But ve put extra butter, gream, veight gain powder in yourz. Zhe do actually, zo zhe know rest zafe.”

“Then yew eat lotz, get big as you like. But zhe need to eat too, yez? Mebee not grow so much like you, but ztill eat more zhan normal. Zhe zee yew getting bikker, not ztop no matter how muge zhe gain herzelf. Zhe zink zhe trick yew, but zhe actually vool herzelf.

Karen said “I like it. It does seem a bit mean spirited, though. The whole thing’s getting a bit complicated too. If I still keep getting bigger, eventually she’ll figure it out.”

Anna shrugged. “No haff to do if yew don’t vant. Juzt tell her yew jange mind and really vant be vat. Mage job eazy. Yew and me do all vork. I tink zhe zay mizzion agomplish’ tage gredit and vait vor pat on bag vrom bozz. I tell her iv yew like. Might be eazier. I zay I convince you.”

Karen pondered that for a moment. “Tell you what. I’ll see if she has the nerve to keep up with the program, after I asked her not to. If she does, then she deserves whatever happens. If she levels with me, I’ll tell her the whole story.”

“What about Roy? What we tell him?

“Roy knows the score, at least about my new decision. Jill is another matter. We just have to make sure they don’t compare notes. I’ll warn him just in case, but it would be best for all concerned that they not meet.” Once again Karen was concerned about Jill’s recent expansion, preoccupying the mind of her husband.

They shook on it. Karen stood to leave. Anna said “Yew go now?”

“Yep. She’ll be back soon. I need to disappear, so you can explain your little plan to her. As for me, I need a few quiet moments, to go home and pig out. If it’s going to be convincing, I have to resist a little in front of her. She sees me sinning voluntarily, the cat will be out of the bag.”

Anna nodded. “Don’t vorry. Zecret zafe. I mage zure yew get time to zpare.”

Karen walked to the door. “I need more, if I’m going to get anywhere near that goal. Good thing I’m still hungry.”

The young woman left, leaving Anna wondering what else was going on. If this got weirder she would need to write down who knows what, to keep it straight.

Helen/ Milan

Helen felt duty bound and struggled into the outfit and the two left. About an hour later, they arrived at an old warehouse. Inside there was a huge party going on. It was like a scene from a Fellini movie, with couples of various sexual combinations eating, drinking, dancing and opening cavorting all over the facility.

The doorman waved briefly at Connie and was about to stop Helen when Connie advised. “It’s okay she’s with me.” She snuggled closer and the doorman got the message. Connie put her hand around her waist and Helen stiffened, as if to move away.

Connie pulled her tighter. She whispered  “Not so fast. As far as anyone is concerned, we are a couple. Don’t worry, I won’t let it go too far. Just think of it as an act for Odette’s benefit.”

Helen relaxed a bit adding “And for yours, of course. Don’t pretend for a second you aren’t enjoying it.”

Connie’s hand slid down, just touching the top of Helen’s rump. “You know it’s still a party. If you aren’t careful, you might just enjoy yourself. No one knows you here, anyway.”

She sidled her to a quiet section near a wall, where the din of the music was less pronounced. “I need to give you a few pointers. Don’t go anywhere yourself and don’t drink anything that doesn’t come from a bottle. This place kind of makes up its own rules, about implied consent.”

Helen’s eyes opened wider in alarm and Connie said. “Don’t worry, it’s not that bad. Now for etiquette, there are both men’s and women’s lavs but don’t be surprised or kick up a fuss, if you see a man in ours. For that matter, it might not be a man anyway. You may get asked to dance. The usual protocol is for them to ask permission from me, first. If I give it, you are more or less obligated. If I wave them off, it means no. Usually means that you should dance with me, or I lose my right to refuse. Got it so far?”

“I think so.”

Connie smiled “Ever danced with a woman before?”

Helen nodded “Sure. That won’t bother me. It’s fun actually.”

“Good because we have an audience. No time like the present. Showtime!”

Connie grabbed her hand and practically dragged her to the centre of the floor. Helen closed her eyes and started to sway rhythmically in time with the music. Connie took advantage and wrapped her arms tightly around her and pressed her body in as tight as it would go. Helen started and Connie said. “Remember, it’s all an act. Please don’t blow it. I’m sure she’s watching us like a hawk.”

Helen relented and after a few moments began to relax and timed her motions to that of her partner. Then automatically she wrapped her own arms around Connies waist. They spent the next ten minutes like that, until the DeeJay took his break.

Connie broke the embrace to see a flustered “partner” who was now perspiring a it bit on her brow.“Looks like you need a drink. Come on.”

Helen sipped hers and asked. “How’d I do?”

“Not very well. You wouldn’t have fooled me. I’ve seen better looking expressions at funerals. Come on have fun. Good thing she’s not here.”

“Who?”

“Odette. I wanted to see how’d you do first. Good thing. You need a little practice and an attitude adjustment. Get that down you to loosen up.”

A few drinks and several dances later she did loosen up. Two people did ask Helen to dance, one female and one male. She thought. Both were denied by Connie, who greedily insisted on every moment.

Helen looked at her remarking. “You’re enjoying this aren’t you?”

“Immensely, actually. I’ll make you a deal. If I stop acting so smug at your obvious discomfort, will you admit you might actually be having a good time?”

“You’re right” Helen nodded. “It’s a little overwhelming, but not so bad once you get used…”

Suddenly, Connie interrupted.  “Don’t turn around. She’s here for real. This is important. There is a guy with her. He’s going to come over shortly and introduce himself. Take his card and do whatever he asks. Please.”

“Who is he?”

“Odette’s agent. We are going to show her you are a real rival. Up for it?”

Helen said “Sure-anything I can do to help, I guess.

“Good. Then kiss me.”

“What?”

“Come on I know you’re straight, but you’ve never kissed a girl before? It’s not gay you know, think of it as acting out a part in a play. If you don’t kiss me, she won’t fall for this couple routine. Just once, please.”

Helen slid closer and puckering up, leaned over to kiss her cheek.

At the last moment, Connie grabbed the back of her head and kissed her passionately and hard. First Helen stiffened, then relaxed, finally opening her mouth as Connie’s tongue probed back and forth. Then Helen felt a hand on her breast. Softly at first then a gentle squeeze as Connie massaged the plump flesh.

Helen moaned softly and stiffened again. Afraid she may have gone too far too soon, Connie broke the embrace and pulled away slightly, looking for an angered expression on her “partner’s” face. She was (pleasantly) surprised to find instead a bit of a dazed smile, as Helen finally snapped out of it and sipped a bit of her drink to regain her composure.

“That wasn’t so bad was it?” Connie cooed. “I don’t bite after all. Well actually, I do. We can get to that later. But look, first one’s over with and you didn’t turn to stone. It’ll be easier now.”

Helen recovered her senses. “I won’t embarrass you here in front of your friends. But we need to talk about limits. You crossed the line there.”

Connie giggled. “I’m sorry I got carried away. I know you didn’t get as much out of it as me, but you can’t fool me. You didn’t hate it as much as you are letting on, either.”

Helen was going to deny it at first but the trembling motion of her hands and the slight wetness down below was undeniable. She asked “Suppose…I did like it. Does that mean I’m…like you?” The thought terrified her. “Do you mind talking about it?”

Connie laughed. “Don’t worry it’s not a disease and you can’t catch it. But let me ask you this. You ever have a real relationship with a man? You know love, sex commitment the whole thing?”

Helen looked down. “I was supposed to marry one this year. Bastard cheated on me.” Then she thought of Connie’s situation. “Sorry I didn’t think…”

“It’s okay. Could you forgive him and go back to him?

She shook her head. “Nope it went too far. There’s a baby coming now. Probably born by now.”

Connie nodded. “I see. Well that would end it.”

“Anyway to answer your question. Do you think I’m beautiful?”

Helen nodded. “Of course. You know that. In fact I’ve told you so.”

Connie continued. “You’ve seen me naked. Ever have fantasies about me, or any other woman for that matter. You know-sexual fantasies. Be honest.”

“No. Not really.”

“I believe you. See, that’s where we are different. Women are very sensual and they bond with each other easily. If I saw two men kissing, I would automatically assume they are gay. Women kiss each other all the time. Doesn’t mean anything. You just like the physical sensation of someone close. When we were close up on my bike did it do anything for you?”

Helen shrugged. “I was excited about the speed and…”

Connie stopped her. “I mean when we were pressed in together. Did it do anything for you in other ways?

“No,now that you mention it.”

Connie grabbed her hand. “Close your eyes.” Once done she gently pressed Helens hand under her clothing onto her own naked breast. She offered “Give it a little squeeze.” Helen did so mechanically at first, but as the nipple hardened and Connies breath grew more rapid, she squeezed more sensually and gently. Connie shuddered and pulled the hand away.

“Now. I would guess you got a lot less pleasure out of that than I did.”

Helen nodded, at a loss for words. “But when I touched yours it was electric, right. It didn’t matter that I was a woman. It was the touch itself that was important. See? You can be close with a woman and get intimate, yet totally non-committal feelings from it. You can admit it. Every woman is like that. it’s not dirty or sinful at all.”

Helen nodded in agreement. “Makes sense.”

Connie continued. “On the other hand I’ve known I was gay, since I was in grade school. I was always attracted to females, never boys or men. I have fantasies about women all the time.”

Helen asked. “Any about me?”

“When you sat on the front of the bike that first time and I wrapped myself around you. I got so turned on, I still get wet just thinking about it. I wanted you right from then on, but I was scared to tell you. But I didn’t love you. Not really. I go to sleep every night dreaming Odette is there beside me.”

Helen slid closer and warned her. “Don’t look now, but she’s coming this way.” She leaned forward in anticipation, as Connie kissed her again. Once again the hand over the breast, but this time Helen’s hand was on top, pressing her harder as Connie’s fingers probed. Helen had to admit to herself. She did enjoy the attention. When they came up for air the second time, Helen had a hard time to recover her senses.

It seemed like forever, but finally a voice offered “Ahem. I was going to suggest you two get a room, but from what I’ve heard, that ship has already sailed.” She sulkily greeted Helen by adding. “My word girl you’ll be as big as me, if you don’t watch out.”

Helen countered by patting her belly adding. “Well I have the same coach. And for the same reason, if I might add.” Without saying a word to Connie, Odette sneered. “Well you deserve each other. Just be careful ,honey. It may seem fun now. When she’s through with you, she’ll break your heart.” Then she spun on her heel, and returned to her companion.

Karen/Jill New York

About 15 minutes later, Jill was back. Anna met her at the door. “Ah pervect. Garen upztair.”

She outlined the plan and said “What that. Not on lizt I give.”

Jill smiled. “It’s my own little secret weapon.” It was a box of 12 Cinnamon buns. Jill giggled “She told me last night, she can’t resist them. I’ll see how many I can get into her. I hope she doesn’t know how fattening these things are.”

Anna nodded “Good idea. Gareful though.”

As she left Anna phoned upstairs and warned Karen she was coming. Good thing or she would have been caught eating an entire bowl of pudding.

Jill rushed in and handed the box to her friend. “What’s this?” Karen asked.

“Surprise” Jill exclaimed. “You told me yesterday, you loved them.”

Now Karen poured it on. “Thanks for thinking of me, but I can’t eat those. I told you before, I’m getting too fat.” Then, she opened the door. “They are my weakness. Too bad. I wonder how many calories…”

“Oh” Jill said. “That’s the good news. I managed to find the low-calorie ones. Sorry, I forgot to mention it.”

Karen nodded “That’s different. I am still a bit hungry. Maybe just one.”

Of course she took two, and again began gorging herself, as the stunned Jill looked on. Where did she put it all? Within a minute or so, she grabbed two more. “Just checking to make sure they taste just as good.” Then she added. “Oh, as long as they are good for me, might as well indulge.” After the sixth one Karen pushed the box aside.

Jill frowned , Oscar time.She grabbed one herself, making enticing noises and as she swallowed the last added. “Oh, they are good. Maybe I’ll finish them myself.

“Hey those are mine” Karen said.

“Too bad, I bought them. If you don’t want them, I’ll finish them off.” Of course the tactic “conned” Karen in to eating three more. Jill looked at her licking the frosting off her fingers, as the last one slid down her throat. She was so pleased, she ignored the fact she had eaten three, herself.

Ah Karen said. “I need to send Roy for more of those, when he does the shopping. I crave them all the time, but if I ate the normal ones like this, I’d be bigger than both of us put together. Where’d you find ‘em?”

Jill smiled. “That’s my secret.”

They chatted for an hour and Karen looked for an escape. “Jill it’s been fun, but maybe you should go home.  I ate too many of those buns and it’s made me sleepy. I’m going to have a nap.”

Jill took the hint. She knew that sleeping after a heavy meal was the best thing, under the circumstances. She had no intention of going home, however. Not just yet. Instead, she found herself down in Anna’s apartment once again. “No Garen?” she asked.

“Nope. She’s taking a nap. I managed to get most of those buns in her first.”

Anna patted her on the shoulder. “Goot girl. Yew learn qvuick. Now yew here, ve ztart vaze two yez?

“Vaze two” consisted of a huge casserole- like beef stroganoff. They made two batches, one with skim milk and one with extra cream, butter and the secret ingredient, weight gain powder. Jill cackled in a conspiratorial manner. “This was a great idea. She’ll never know what hit her. Think it will work?”

Anna shrugged. “Don’t know. Never try bevore. Mebee zhe notize tazte.

Jill blanched “Oh yeah, I hadn’t thought of that.”

Anna suggested. “I haff idea. Ve tezt. Go zit at table.” She came out with two small plates, each containing a sample, “Here yew try. Tell vhich iz vhich.”

Jill tasted them both. “They are delicious, but honest I can’t tell. “

Anna nodded. “Me eader. Mebee zample too zmall.” She came back with a couple regular plates and offered. “Eat both. Jange back and vort, zee now.”

Jill paused at first, then began to do as she instructed. She scarfed down the lot and finally concluded. “Nope, no difference. Not that I can see.”

“Goot. Plan vill vorg.” It would actually work better than Jill had hoped. There was a good reason she could not tell the difference between the dishes. Both samples had come from the enriched version and Jill had eaten them both!

Jill wiped her mouth and added. “Only thing left is to get Karen to eat it.”

Anna offered. “Yew leaf zhat to me.” The two spent the next hour cleaning up. Jill really was starting to enjoy her company. A couple glasses of wine made the visit even more pleasant. Anna said. “Time vor moment of trut. Yew reaty?”  Jill nodded.

Anna picked up the phone. After a few rings she said “Garen? Gome down. Lunge reaty.”

After she hung up Jill said “No argument?”

“Nope no argue. I zink she know bedder by now.”

Karen dutifully entered and Anna said “Just in time. Jill mage nize meal I vant yew to try. Liddle bid mebee?

Karen poured it on. “Oh no. I told you. I’m going on a diet. I’ve aready eaten too much today. Look at this belly.” She stuck it out as far as she could for emphasis.

Anna nodded. “Ve know. Mage spezial to help. New lo-vat rezipe. It goot. Jill veel bad you no eat. Inzult.”

Karen looked in the kitchen. “Let me see this lo-fat concoction.” Anna dutifully showed her the skim milk package and the recipe. Karen looked it over and thought. “Okay, you win.”

“Goot.” Anna spooned out some for Jill and said take in. “I bring for you too.”

The three chatted over their meal, which Karen simply wolfed down. “Oops old habits die hard” she said.

Jill said “I think there’s more?”

Karen shook her head in denial. “Nope. Diet, remember?”

Jill corrected. “But the recipe says its guaranteed to help you lose weight.”

Karen saw where she was going, but let her take the lead. “So?”

“So maybe if you eat more, you will lose even more.”

Karen nodded “I guess that makes sense.

She stood up and Anna said “It ogay I get. My houze.”

She came back with a huge plate for Karen and another one for Jill.

Karen began to tuck into it and Jill stared at hers. “Yew not eating yourz?”

“No it’s okay.”

Karen put down her fork. “Wait a minute. I thought you two gave up too easy before. Is this a trick? You’re still trying to make me fat, right?”

Jill shook her head. “No it’s fine honest.”

Karen picked up her fork, which now hovered over the plate. “Prove it. If this stuff will make me lose weight, then show me I can trust you. You eat yours too, or no deal.”

Jill was trapped by her own lie. Again. She looked at Anna for help with a when will I learn expression.

Anna for her part concealed her Shadenfreude ,and shrugged. “Zhe right. I not eat vhat gook not eat herzelf. Leaf bad imprezzion.”

The defeated Jill sighed and ate hers and the one after, to match Karen. Jill pulled at her waistband as it tightened, thinking. At this rate one of us is going to measure up, but the wrong one, if I’m not more careful.

Helen Milan

Connie patted her “date” on the thigh. “That was magnificent. I think you missed your calling. She bought it!”

Helen sighed in relief. “Good can we get out of here now. This just is not my style.”

“Not yet. There’s two more acts to our little drama.” Careful to wait until Odette was watching Connie took off one of her rings. She grabbed Helens hand and placed it on her ring finger. “Here I want you to have this as a token of our…friendship.”

Helen looked at it. It was very expensive looking. “I can’t take this...”

Connie contradicted. “I think you just did. If you give it back now, you’ll blow our cover. And my feelings will be hurt.” Helen looked at it again and Connie sat expectantly. “Well?”

Helen blinked in misnderstanding so Connie elaborated. “You can bluff for a few seconds longer, but if you don’t provide the appropriate reaction, they’ll know.”

“Oh? Does this have some special significance?”

“Yes. The same as a man and woman. Now do something. Either give it back, which I’ll never forgive you for, or pretend you accept.”

Now, Helen got with the program. She nodded and giggled and gave Connie a hug. Finally they kissed once more. Helen was saved from the final embrace, by another voice.

“Sorry to disturb, but I haven’t much time.” The man leaned forward. “I was supposed to give you this card as a gesture. Now that I see you for real…I change my mind.”

Connie was nonplussed as he pulled her to her feet. She was heading to the dance floor when he stopped her. “Where you going?”

“Oh, don’t you want to dance?”

“No.  Look you want to model for me or not? I need to get a good look at you, and I haven’t got time to waste.”

“Model?” Her dream was about to come true. “Uh sure I’d love that.”

“Good. Hold still.” He began to grab her butt, thighs, belly and breasts, checking the size, weight and firmness of each. “Very good-so far. You will do well. Now, the skin test.”

He stood there waiting while Helen stared back at him.

He began to redden. Connie stood and whispered in her ear. “This was supposed to be a bit of a joke. Do you really want to give this a try?”

Helen nodded. “I’ve wanted to be a model since I was 9 years old. Guess I had to do this, to get noticed.” She patted her belly for emphasis.

“Are you sure? Last chance.”

Helen hissed a bit crossly. “I want this more than anything. Now stop bugging me so I can talk to him.”

“Okay, but he’s here to look, not listen. Hold still.”  In one movement Connie reached up and pulled her dress down to the floor. Helen stood there in only her panties, as the man sized her up and inspected her entire body. Helen had been so shocked she had not moved, not even to cover herself up.

The man seemed satisfied. “Very good. You are still a bit in the small side, but I have been assured that will change soon enough. My assistant will contact Connie with an appointment for a shoot. I need you to be somewhat bigger by then. Consider that a prerequisite. Good evening ladies.”

He had not even introduced himself. Helen had to read the card to get his name. She tried to collect her dress, but Connie was standing on it. She tried to remain cool but blurted “What the hell was that?”

Connie explained “He needed to check you for inappropriate tattoos, blemishes, scars. That sort of thing.”

Helen crossed her arms in anger. “You could have told him yourself! You’ve seen me naked more than once.”

“Oh yes but I never get tired of it. I did try to warn you.”

Helen threw up her hands in defeat. “Whatever. Now can I get dressed? People are staring.”

“Not really. Look around you.” Half the crowd was as naked as her by now and with one exception no one else was paying the slightest attention. She looked over at Odette’s table and she was standing to leave, but looking daggers at the two of them the whole time. In a second they were gone.

“Too bad. I was going to ask you to dance as the piece de resistance.”

“Like this? You’d love that wouldn’t you?

“Immensely.” She coyly played with the strap of her outfit. If it makes you feel better I can take mine off too.

“Stop it. What did I say earlier about limits?”

Connie released the clothes and offered. “Get dressed. We can go now. Message has been sent. We should go anyway. We have work to do.”

Helen quizzed. “Work? At this time of night?”

Connie responded with a question. “Just so I’m sure. This was just supposed to be a façade, but do you really want to pose for him? It’s actually quite an honour. Look up his name on the Internet-you’ll see.”

Helen nodded without a moment’s hesitation. “It sounds delightful. Was he serious?”

“I believe he was. But he was also serious about you needing to fill out more. He only specializes in full-figured models.”

Helen squeezed her belly and offered. “He doesn’t consider this to be full-figured?

Connie shook her head. “No. Not full enough, anyway.”

She poked the soft layer of new fat. “We were going to feed you up more, anyway. Just one more reason. We’ll get Gracia to do her part too.

Karen/Jill New York

A pattern started to emerge and despite her earlier “protests”, Karen continued to grow. She had to, at the rate she was putting it away. She had become a virtual eating machine by now. Lunch and snacks were as always, but she made Jill work to get every morsel in.

Karen was merciless, first threatening to walk to work for exercise.” I’m getting too big for the subway anyway. What a chore climbing those stairs.” Jill countered by offering to drive her every day, instead. Of course, it gave her the opportunity to fill her passenger with “lo-cal” snacks on the trip. Hardly a day went by, without at least a dozen of the cinnamon buns disappearing into her.

Lunch was more difficult. To keep her from AWOL-ing to the gym Jill conspired with Roberta, to ensure some crisis or other took place nearly every day, to keep them in the office over lunch. On days they stayed in, Jill would pick up something to tide them over. Always high-cal of course and Karen would insist her partner match her at least for effort if not for quantity. On the days when they could go out Jill would justify going to the buffet as a reward for past good behaviour.

One Monday the pair were summoned to Roberta’s office. There were two men there and they had an array of clothes. Karen suspected what was coming but kept quiet, waiting for Roberta to take the lead. After a brief chat their lunch came in. Roberta had outdone herself. Buckets of fried chicken, ribs and greasy fries. She had provided enough food to feed 10 people. Aware they were being watched,  Jill did her bit to coax Karen into eating nearly half of it herself. Of course, Jill needed to set an example and ate more than her share as well.

The meal completed. Roberta got down to business. The two men brought out a couple suits and Roberta suggested, just try the jacket. This time it fit better, but it was obviously still too big. Jill was afraid Roberta would explode, but the two men smiled as Roberta did. “Not bad. Let’s get some numbers.”

She expertly measured up Karen and tallied her weight. Roberta patted the bulging belly. “Good progress so far. If you can ramp it up just a bit you’ll be up to size in time. I have faith in both of you. Now if you will excuse us I have to show these men to the airport.”

Jill was bubbly and delighted all the way back to the warehouse. Her companion sat wordlessly until finally Jill asked. “What’s wrong with you.  Roberta was happy-why are you so upset?”

Karen put on her best game face. “That’s just the point. She was happy.”  Jill looked at the serious expression on her colleagues face and feared the worst. “We need to have a little chat.”

Jill sat and innocently asked. “What about?”

“Like you said Roberta is pleased with my progress so far.” Karen soothed her top over the bulge of her stomach for emphasis.

Jill shrugged. “So?”

“So the point is, she should have been livid. I’m supposed to be on a diet remember? There shouldn’t be any progress at all. I’m supposed to be going the other way. Do I look any thinner to you?”

Jill could not think of what to say. Karen jumped in. “No. I thought so. I’m getting fatter every day. And I think I know why. Someone I know and trusted is sabotaging my efforts to reverse this.”

Jill gulped “Look I’m sorry…”

Karen let her squirm a second, then interrupted. “Oh I don’t blame you. It’s not your fault.”

Jill cheered up. “It-it isn’t?”

“Of course not. It’s Anna. I love her, but she just won’t give up. I think she’s been lying to me about the lo-cal aspects of her meal plan. I never heard of low-calorie Bigos have you?”

Jill sighed “No.” 

Karen said “I know it’s her. Know why?”

Jill was curious now. “No.”

“Well you’ve been giving me the lo-cal stuff and eating it yourself. Forgive me for saying so, but you’re putting it on a bit yourself. I know how you feel about that and you wouldn’t do it to yourself. That only leaves one explanation.”

Jill nodded. “Riiight. So what do you plan to do?”

“Well Anna has a good heart and she thinks she’s helping. I don’t want to fall out with her. We’ll just keep this our secret and outsmart her.”

“How?” Jill hoped this would still work out but had visions of updating her resume any day now.

“By keeping me so full of your lo-cal stuff, I’ll have less room for hers. I must admit I have been cheating a bit. She keeps sending goodies upstairs and if I’m hungry…well you know. Last night I got out of bed and ate a whole chocolate cake at 2 in the morning. If there is anything I can’t resist it’s a double chocolate cake. Ooooh I get shivers just thinking about it.”

Jill nodded. She would put the info she’d just received to good use. Pronto. She realized she was not paying attention to the conversation and refocussed.

“…help with the new plan. I need you to make sure I’m stuffed with your food as much as possible, before I go home. Less room means I’ll have less temptation. I can only eat so much in one day right?”

Jill resisted the urge to smirk. “You can depend on me. But you have to stop giving me a hard time. If you don’t listen, I can’t help you.” This was getting better all the time. Jill would use the opportunity to stuff her mercilessly and then turn her over to Anna for the coup de grace.

“Don’t worry I’m all yours now. But I mean it, you stuff me silly first before Anna can. Try not to leave me alone with her to much.”Karen took her hand. “I hate to impose but maybe you can do two more things?”

Jill shrugged. “Maybe take me to the buffet on the way home on the nights we eat at Anna’s. If I eat there first, I’ll be good to go. I know it’s a bit of an imposition on your social life.”

“Oh, I’m good. Tyler’s not back yet. Got nothing better to do. I can take you every night if you want. We’ll be joined at the hip.” Jill had to bite her lip to keep from grinning like the Chesire cat. “Done. What was the other favour?”

“Think you can pick up an extra dozen of those cinnamon buns every morning? Long as we are going to eat healthy, I might as well stock up.?

“I can do better than that. Soon as I drop you off I’ll go get some. Be my pleasure actually.” Jill bit her lip so hard it hurt.

Karen smiled. “You really are a good friend. I knew I could depend on you.” She looked down at her belly. Things are going to be different now.”

Jill nodded. “I’m pretty sure I can guarantee that.”

Helen Milan

Off they went and Connie drove her back to the castle. Helen asked. “What should I tell Gracia?”

“You can tell her about the modelling offer if you want. She’s not blind-she can see her efforts have paid off already. It would be helpful if she knew you want this and why. She’d feed you the same if you were on a diet, but it will make her feel less guilty. Trust me Gracia, will make sure you get as big as you want. By the way, she thinks she and the factory ladies are to “blame” for your current situation. She doesn’t know about my little operation at the villa. I’d like to keep it that way.”

Helen asked “What did he mean by somewhat bigger? Does he have a figure in mind-no pun intended?”

Connie answered. “Don’t worry. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will be fine.”

“What kind of shoot am I going to be in? Have you got me in over my head?”

“You’ll see. And I didn’t get you anywhere. You asked for this yourself.”

Somehow that last comment didn’t reassure her one bit.

Next morning, Helen was woken by the maid. It was still dark. “Sorry miss. Paula say wake you early for breakfast.”

It would appear Paula had been made aware of the situation-just how she would try to find out later. For now she rose, dressed and made her appearance at the breakfast table.

Gracia had ensured there would be plenty and made sure Helen had the opportunity to go to the next level. She needn’t have worried on that count. Now freed of her inhibitions, the younger woman set about stuffing her self silly. No matter how much Gracia made and offered, Helen would plead for more and cram it down, to the point of discomfort at times. Gracia knew what she was doing but not the whole truth, and worried that Helen may be overdoing it. Nevertheless with Connie’s coaxing she kept Helen full and satisfied.

Karen/Jill New York

The car ride continued in silence, as each relished their victory over the other.

As soon as she could break free Jill sent two emails. The first was to Roberta.

“You need to tone down the congratulations on Karen’s progress. She’s trying to chicken out. Any reminder that she’s getting fatter is not going to work in our favour.”

Roberta replied. “She has not said anything about this to me. Should I be concerned?”

“Of course she wouldn’t tell you. You’d have a fit. Don’t worry, the situation is well in hand. She’s left me to handle it and I will. Just butt out. Less you see of her, the better in fact. I can’t promise we’ll make your deadline, but it won’t be for lack of effort. I will keep you up to speed.”

Roberta replied “Can’t ask for anything more. Have you received any indication from Helen yet, if she is still in contention?”

“You get copied in to everything. You know as much as I do, which is nothing.”

“Alright. Send her this.”

Dutifully, Jill sent out a few more pictures with the following.

“Karen is going for broke now. You should see how much she is eating these days. She really is going for your job you know. I have been sending you this info at my own peril, to give you a chance to rectify the situation. Are you planning on doing anything about it?”

Jill could not get any useful information from Helen’s cryptic replay which arrived the next day.

Roberta promised she would not make up her mind, until I got back. What I plan to do about it is hold her to that promise. Thanks for the feedback, so far.”

The emails had been intended to provoke Helen, into doing just what she was currently attempting. Jill realized that Helen had no intention of letting them her know anything about her current physical state, good, bad or indifferent. Jill offered to push harder but Roberta warned that it may tip their hand. If it was too obvious, then Helen would suspect she was being played, which in fairness she was. Jill wondered if Roberta knew more than she was letting on about the situation, but let it go for know.

That night Karen outdid herself at the buffet. She had Jill running up for plate after plate of food. The only stipulation was that she would only eat what Jill ate. Jill for her part picked out the most calorie laden items, content that her smaller portions would see her through.

Karen ate like one possessed, now that the gloves were off. She remarked. “I can’t believe how much my belly has stretched. It takes so much to make it full now. At least I won’t have room for temptation tonight.”

Satisfied finally, they talked over coffee. Jill probed  “Miind if I ask you something personal?”

“Sure go ahead. No secrets between us, right?”

“Uh right. Your husband, Roy, is he still okay with all this? You said before…”

Trying to act nonachalant, she replied “Oh he’s fine with it. When I told him it was for a promotion, he was thinking more about the extra money, than the extra curves I was bringing home. It’s my body and he knows better than to tell me how much I should weigh.”

Like I said before, “He actually likes a bigger woman. He told me for years I was too thin.” Then she patted her belly. “Hope he liked it while it lasted, because it’s goodbye Charlie for this now. Thanks to you.”

She saw Jill’s guilty look and asked “Why do you ask, anyway.”

“I wish Tyler was more like him. I’m worried about how he will react when he gets home.”

Karen played it up a bit. “I don’t get it. Why would Tyler have an opinion about my weight? I’ve never met him.”

“No silly” Jill corrected. “I meant me. You said yourself, I’ve gained a few pounds. I’m not sure he will be as understanding, as Roy.”

Karen was genuinely concerned “Oh really, why?”

“His job. He’s a professional trainer and a bit of a health nut.”

“Who’s he work for?”

“Well during the winter months he works for the Rangers, but he’s just starting out. Money’s not that great, so he needs to moonlight in Europe in the off-season. That’s why he’s been gone all summer.”

Karen was amused and concerned at the same time. “So he has no idea..?”

“Nope. And I’ve got so little time to get this off.”

“No problem. Just stick to your own program and you’ll be skinny as me again, in no time. You eat less than me anyway. I’m sure that you’ll match me pound for pound.”

Jill smiled weakly and said “Yeh right. I’m sure that will be it.” Somehow Jill found little comfort in that prophecy.

That night as they got to the apartment Karen went up and Jill said, “Long as I’m here I’m going to visit Anna.”

Karen waved her off. “Hope you don’t mind if I stay home. We have dinner there tomorrow and I need to see Roy.”

“No it’s okay.” Perfect in fact, she thought.

Then in passing, Karen added. “Oh by the way, please don’t mention your boyfriend works for the Rangers, to Anna. She’s bound to blab to Roy, sooner or later. If he finds that out, I’m sure he’ll ask for tickets. I see little enough of him now that he’s on nights, mostly.”

Karen disposed of, Jill knocked on Anna’s door. “Oh, nize zurprize.

“Sorry I couldn’t call ahead. We have a problem.”

“Oh. Better gome in zhen ve talg. Anna offered her a drink and some cookies and Jill munched as she began. “Karen knows everything.”

Anna’s concern was genuine. “Really?”

“Yep. But I think I fixed the situation. Leaves you in a bit of a bad light, though.”

Anna’s eyes narrowed. “Better explain. No lige ztory zo var.

Jill sighed. “In a nutshell she knows her meals were not lo-cal. Face it, she’s getting fatter, not thinner and she had to figure it out eventually.”

Anna nodded. “Iz true. Go on.”

“ Well she figures you were feeding her fattening stuff and I was steering her to the lighter items. I let her think that, so at least one of us was still in charge.”

Anna nodded. “I zee. Zo yew…”

“I’m going to stuff her all day. With the fattiest things ever, but she will think they are lo-cal substitutes.”

Anna scoffed. “Pssh.Zhe vill not agree.”

Jill shook her head. “Oh yes she will. In fact, she asked me to. She thinks that way she won’t be hungry enough to eat the things you make. It’s perfect, actually.”

Anna nodded. “Vhere do I gome in?”

“Good question. She’s still going to come over. You just need to be prepared that she may have less of an appetite, for good reason. We still have to get some into her though, because she’s not going to get any smaller. That way she can still think my stuff is good for her.”

“Mebee eat more yez?”

Jill nodded. “I thought so too. Now you just have to be the finishing touch.”

“Goot I lige plan. Lizzen mebee yew help me try zome rezipes tonight. If worgs tomorrow ve do more ovven.”

Jill nodded.” I’d like that.” She actually liked the old lady’s company, just not what it was doing to her figure. For now that could not be helped.

That night, they tried three or four old recipes, that were absolutely laden with calories. Jill had recommended they make more items than they would need, so she could pick the “lighter” ones for her victim.

Jill left that night, snug in the feeling that tomorrow Karen would not know what hit her. It was not the only thing that was snug. The pair had sampled the recipes as well, using Anna’s definition of the term. As usual, she left nearly bursting with the treats she had consumed. Her belly threatened to split the fabric of the skirt she had on. Tomorrow she’d go a size larger. Just till this is over, she repeated.

For her part Anna was content enough to know tonight’s practice run had gotten nearly 6000 calories into Jill as well. This was going to be fun.

Next day went as planned. Cinnamon buns all day. Lunch at the buffet, dinner on the way home. Roberta had given permission to leave at three, so they would have more time.

They arrived at Anna’s at 5:30 with Karen pleading. “Just remember to point out the stuff that’s bad.”

Jill shook her head.” It’d be a little obvious. Just eat what I eat. If I can, I’ll serve you.”

Roy had started to work afternoons on Tuesday and Thursday.  This gave Anna and her new “apprentice” the opportunity to repeat the fake diet plan, as much as possible. Of course when Jill was not there, she ate with abandon. Roy even woke her every night and they enjoyed the feedings together, nearly as much as the post meal romp, which inevitably followed.

Helen Milan

Six weeks have passed. For Helen, “work” is a mere formality now. Paula brought her in every day, mostly to give Gracia a break from the constant cooking and feeding. The ladies in the factory took their turn as well. She still had a work station for her emails-some from Roberta-most from Jill.  Updates on Karen. It was no contest now, as Helen had ballooned to 245, outmatching Karen by more than 40 pounds. The factory ladies were still measuring her up every week and the Imperial equivalent from this morning was 50F-40-47. At 66% body fat, she was now morbidly obese. However, unlike before, her concern now was not her growth; but the limited time left to get even bigger. Although Karen was losing the “fight” she didn’t know it and showed no sign of quitting. Helen vowed to see this to the end. She actually looked forward to her session this weekend; trying to vizualize herself with another 15 or twenty pounds.

Connie picked her up and mentioned casually. “I think you may reach your goal this weekend. We could make this the last time if you like.”

Helen nodded. “Be nice to just coast now. It’s weird to wake up so much bigger even at this size.”

Duly noted Connie smiled and the ride was sudued as they entered the routine. Helen awoke groggy, as usual and felt herself. “Yep. Definitely bigger.”

Karen New York

By week 16, she was ten pounds larger and 41DD-34-44. Week 18 she crossed the magic 200 pound barrier. She crossed another barrier too. Now her body was about 60% body fat, morbidly obese territory. So far neither she nor Roy seemed to care about that. Roy would stare at her now enormous breasts and growing belly, filling it daily to make the whole works even bigger.

Even this high level of perpetual gluttony was not enough. She was still only a size 12. Her small stature and high metabolism combined to ensure she would not reach the target in time. Despite that, realization she continued undeterred, partially because Jill suspecting the worst, kept up the pressure.

Roberta added to the tension in August. “Have you been sending all the emails to Helen like I asked?”

“Of course, why?” Jill asked a bit apprehensively.

Without answering the question Roberta probed. “Has she said anything to you to indicate what she plans to do about it?”

“No but you’d know that already. You get copies of everything as it is, anyway. Have you heard anything?”

Again Roberta dodged the question with one of her own. “No extracurricular communications I should know about?”

“No. I learned my lesson about that last time.”

“Good. I’m cutting you loose from her. You are not to send any more messages to Helen. I will take over. You stick with Karen and keep her on track. And by all means, do not spill the beans to Karen about your involvement with Helen. Clear?”

Jil nodded. She wondered if Helen was being phased out. If so, she’d backed the right horse. Of course the emails to Helen would have helped if she’d won out instead. The slight pang of guilt she felt at playing both sides, was mitigated by the knowledge that she’d emerge on the winning side, no matter what. She was daydreaming about how much she could trick Karen into eating today, when Roberta snapped her to her senses. “Okay then. We both have work to do. See you soon.”

Once the door closed Roberta started to type. Her sources had kept her well informed and now she would ensure the competition remained a tight race.

One day Jill picked up her lunch and Karen steadfastly refused to eat. “No way. Look at me. I appreciate your help, but I just keep getting bigger. I need to try something else or I’ll explode.”

“Before you do, maybe a wardrobe check is in order.” Mary admonished her. “Karen, honey that bra you are wearing is too small, you’re popping out of it all over. You should go up to the F-cup we picked out last week.”

Karen sighed. “This is the F cup, and you’re right, it’s getting tight. Wow these these have really ballooned lately. I think I gained a whole cup size, in three days. Maybe that’s why they are so sore lately.”

Mary was going to say something else but thought better. “Yes…that must be it. Anyway I don’t have any bigger ones, in stock. We’ll have to talk about that to Roberta.”

Jill for her part, was really feeling the fallout effects of the buddy system she and Anna had engineered. The junior partner in this little charade was not blessed with the same gene pool as Karen. In fact, she had resorted to not eating at all, unless it was “on duty”, to keep her own expansion in check.

For that reason and that reason alone, she did not actually achieve the target herself. Every day she got a little plumper, a little softer, a little wider. Roberta knew her stuff. Jill’s spread was exactly as predicted. First voluptuous, then zaftig, now the very definition of pear shaped. Her posterior grew twice as fast as the rest of her and she was having troubling fitting certain types of clothing. Said expansion had now reached 37-27-46 and she was 45 pounds heavier at 170.

Her breasts had grown a bit to a D, but the predicted bra roll had overshadowed them and she fought to keep her bra from simply sinking into her abdomen.

Helen Milan

Connie was there and advised. “You have a visitor.” Once her head had cleared a bit, she recognized the man in the room as the agent, from some weeks before. He helped Helen to her feet and smiled briefly. Then he began to look at her more critically, even having the audacity to pinch her here and there.

A bit offended, Helen sarcastically commented. “Maybe it would be easier, if I just took off my robe.”

The man shook his head. “Not necessary.” He looked at Connie sternly. “Miss Constanza, I am disappointed in you. You waste my time. She is not appropriate and you know it.”

He began to leave and Helen stopped him. “Just a moment please-appropriate for what?”

Connie pleaded with her eyes. In Italian: “Silvio. Wait please.”

She guided Helen to the scale, which duly read 120 kilo, or 264 pounds. In less than three days, she was now puffed out to 52F-43-59.

“See” added Silvio. “There is proof.”

Connie shrugged. “Don’t look at me-you were the one that asked…”

Helen suddenly felt tired and slumped on the bed. “What is the problem?”

Connie explained. “Remember, you said you wanted to model for him?”

Helen brightened up. “Oh yes.” Then she looked at her immense form and sighed. “Now he is not interested. I’m too fat now-guess I should get used to it. Too bad!” she sighed. “It would have fulfilled a lifelong dream.”

Connie held Silvio’s arm. “It’s not too late-I hope.” Silvio merely shrugged.

“Helen, you have no idea what an honour it is to be aked to sit for him. You’ll be immortialized if…”

“If what?” Helen asked.

“Well he specializes mostly in reposed classical photos-Birth of Venus, that sort of thing. Only thing is, his models are typically a little bigger than you-not smaller.”

Helen rolled around, to make herself more comfortable. “Define a little bigger.”

Silvio helped out. “150 kilo is where I like to draw the line on a woman your height, so you still have… “

“30 kilo-66 pounds.” Helen snorted. “Connie, please ask your guest to leave, before I say something rude. I want to take a nap anyway.”

Slivio was about to speak, but Connie squeezed his arm. “Let me see you to your car, cherie.”

In the hall Silvio protested. “Constanza, I am not good at this play acting. Why did you insist on this charade anyway? She is perfect for me already. You will ruin this for her.”

Connie glared at him “But she is not ready for me yet. No, you will ruin this for everyone, if you don’t keep quiet. I’ll call you, when she is really ready.”

Silvio threw his hands up in defeat. “She will never do it.”

Connie smiled. “That’s where you are wrong. Trust me. I am a good judge of character and she will come around.”

Helen expected some grief over her stubbornness, but was pleasantly surprised to find none. At least, none from Connie. Gracia and the factory girls knew nothing, so of course they’d be no issue. In theory. Helen had reached her goal and was now determined to stay there, until the day of reckoning, a few weeks hence.

Reality has a way of knocking theory out of the park. Despite her best intentions, Helen continued to get fatter. Not as quickly as before, but the temptation to revert to her old habits was tough to conquer. There was also a psychological factor thrown in. Jill’s updates on Karen had suddenly stopped. Her last message had simply said “Being reassigned. I’m out of the loop now. See you when you get back.”

She still conversed with Roberta on a regular basis, but could hardly pump her for information at this stage. That would tip her hand and make matters worse. No, for now she’d have to rely on the fact that Karen had been smaller and would lose. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully?

She sighed just as Connie entered the room. Connie asked. “You alright? You seem in your own world there.”

Helen shrugged. “Lost my little spy. Now I’m on my own.” She patted her belly and asked. “You think this will do?”

Connie shook her head. “How am I supposed to know?”

Helen offered. “Well, I did build up a bit of a cushion lately.” She laughed at her own pun but Connie did not understand.

“What does that mean?”

Helen added. “Well despite the best of intentions I’m still growing. I’ve gained more than 25 pounds since I decided this was over. Don’t tell me you didn’t notice.”

Connie chose her words carefully. “I sort of did, but didn’t think you’d be happy for me to say. So are you worried now about the competition?”

“To be honest a little, yes. I might have to get a little bigger-just in case. Not like it won’t happen, anyway. I think I may be getting hooked on this.”

Careful not to overdo it Connie probed. “Well you know if you were to proceed, I’m sure I can get Silvio to come back. Let’s weigh you up and see how much further you need to go.” As expected the scale read 132 kg or 291 pounds.”

Connie offered. “See you’re already nearly there. Only 20 more kilo.”

Helen shook her head. “I’ve only got 2 weeks left. I can never do it in time.”

Connie shushed her. “You are twice wrong. First, you are not on your own. I can help. If you are willing I can get you there. In a week.”

Helen laughed. “That’s more than 6 pounds a day. You can’t be serious.”

Connie looked at her sternly. “I am deadly serious. Now here’s the plan…”

Helen awoke groggier than usual. Connie was already in the room. “Okay, take it easy. It will take a bit longer to wear off. You’ve been out a week now.”

Helen insitinctivley felt her body and knew she’d grown again. Dramatically, this time.

“How much?”

Connie shrugged. “Not sure. We need to get you up.”

“Help me I have to know.” Connie and her two nurses helped Helen to her feet. Despite the after effect of the medication, she knew something was different. For one, the robe was tighter, to the point the sleeves were nearly bursting. Around the enlarged midsection there was no overlap left. In fact, her enhanced belly showed through in one spot.

The scale stopped at 150.9 kilo or 332 pounds. Good bad or indifferent, she’d done it.

Connie smiled “I’ll call Silvio. Meanwhile we need to meaure you up. Nothing you have here will fit now.” They did so and she gasped as the tape showed she’d grown to 58-55-55. She’d skipped one bra size entirely. Now her H-cup breasts stood out 15” proud of her vastly expanded torso. She rubbed her rumbling belly, noting it was now rivalling her butt as her second largest dimension. She realized if she got any fatter, it would actually surpass it. Oddly enough, though her first thought was not how much she’d changed. A familiar rumbling and an ache inside prompted “Oh my God I’m starving. Does that sound weird?”

“Not at all” advised Connie. “We have had you on a liquid diet so your body is craving solid food. We were prepared for that, of course.”

“Of course” Helen snorted. “You are far too blasé about this. One of these days I’m going to get a confession out of you about how many times you’ve done this. Not now, though. What have you got?”

Connie smiled. “We made your favourite. Enjoy.”

Meanwhile Connie got on the telephone. “Silvio? She’s ready. Now is the time.”

While Helen gorged herself once more Connie advised. “Keep it up. You have the rest of the day to relax and indulge. Tomorrow you are on camera.”

The morning arrived and Silvio’s driver picked her up. They arrived at a small villa on a secluded hill, outside the city. Silvio came out to greet her and offered her a cappuccino and a tray of biscotti. She thought of refusing, but realizing the absurdity of watching her figure at this point, ate the whole tray with abandon.

“Buon” he said. “You now have right attitude and right…how you say. Form.”

He reached over and grabbed a camera and took her hand gently.” Come we start, si?” He looked up at the sun for the right angle and backed away holding his camera in readiness. Helen stared blankly for a moment and finally asked. “Do you want me to pose or do something specific?”

He shook his head. “No pose. Camera takes only what eye can already see. I photograph what you want to do. Move from heart-show me what you are, inside.”

Helen shrugged then began to stiffly pose in a variety of positions. She grimaced at some of the ways she had contorted herself. He shot for a few minutes then scowled. “No this is no good. You look like I am pointing gun, not camera. Smile. Relax. Enjoy.”

It was no use. She was just not model material, or so she thought. “I have an idea Silvio suggested. You wait, please.”

Helen stood shuffling her feet a few minutes as the photographer rushed into the house. He returned shortly, dragging a female companion by the hand. By the sounds of protest, she was none too eager to cooperate. Once Helen saw who it was, she was not surprised at the lack of enthusiam. It was Odette, wearing a string bikini and a very large pout.

Helen took her in up close. It was amazing that someone as fat as her could wear an outfit like that and pull it off. No sooner had the thought run through her head than Odette did just that, dropping the bikini to the ground.

Then she spat out in impeccable, Oxford accented English. “Nice try honey. I see Connie and her little band have been working on you. You will never look like this though.”

Helen wanted to say that she was thankful for that. She never got the chance, as Odette brushed by her and stood in the best light. Then wordlessly, she began to dance. Slowly, though as if it were a Tai Chi version of ballet. Despite her enormous size, the movements were graceful and the light in her eyes and the huge smile, were proof that the exotic beauty truly enjoyed this.

Silvio snapped his fingers to signify the session was over and in spite of herself Helen found herself clapping. “That was beautiful.” The statement was reinforced by the photos as a result.

Now you try, suggested Silvio. Helen was going to move into the same spot and Odette returned to her hostile attitude. “Not a quick study are we dearie.”

Silvio sighed. “Detti. Please. She is a guest in my home. You treat respectful or leave.”

“Detti” nodded then looked over. “No one is forcing you to do this. But if you want a real session you should know-he only does nudes.”

“Oh” thought Helen. While she pondered whether she wanted to be immortalized in the flesh so to speak, Silvio added “Hurry please before we lose light. Detti you help.”

Odette did as she was bid and began to unbutton Helen’s blouse. Helen on her part did nothing to resist. In fact, she was starting to unbutton the back of her skirt and Odette looked her in the eye. “No. Let me.”

The blouse and the skirt hit the ground as Odette reached around and unclasped the snaps of her bra. Helen closed her eyes and took a deep breath as Odette’s hand deftly glided down her back and cupped her buttocks from inside her panties. Helen gasped but Odette held her finger to her lips as she grabbed the panties and slid them down far enough that they they fell to the ground too. Odette whispered.” I can see what Connie saw in you. You are so delectable.”

Helen stepped away and offered. “Okay. I’m ready. Snap away.”

Silvio shrugged. “Sorry. Card is full. Got to get another from the house.”

Odette smiled, as she eyed her newly-naked companion. “I was worried you’d burn but looks like you’ve been getting some sun. Let me guess-Greece?”

“Rio actually. On business.”

“Liar.”Odette smirked. “I’ve seen how she looks at you. She used to look at me that way.”

The tension was eased by Silvio’s return. “Buon, now I am ready.”

Odette offered. “Maybe if we posed together you’d get something worth printing…”

“Si.Si, I like it. Now go.”

Odette moved closer, surprised that Helen made no effort to move away. She sat on the ground and slid her arms seductively around Helen’s upper thigh. Silvio nodded. “Now Helen you respond.” Helen took the larger womans chin in her had and stared deeply into her eyes. It worked. The next five minutes were a series of suggestive and seductive poses, each more daring than the next. Finally Silvio called a halt.

“Buon. This is very good, ladies. We try with props tomorrow.”

Odette stood back and to Helen’s surprise, she smiled. “You really are very beautiful. I can see what Connie sees in you. Too bad you stole her, from me. We could have been friends, I think.” Then an impish grin. “Maybe…more than friends perhaps?”

Helen dressed herself, but not hurriedly. She was used to Connie’s stares enough now that Odette did not feel like a threat. Then a glimmer of an idea.” I may be more of a friend than you think. If you have time for a drink before I go, I have a plan.”

Somewhat later that night Connie confronted her. “So how was the session? You’ve been gone a long time.”

“It was difficult. Little intimidating, actually.”

“I was afraid of that. Silvio can be a bit much. So it’s off?”

“No actually. He asked me to come back tomorrow. Said today was just practice. Tomorrow is for real. He’s going to have props and everything.”

“Really? There’s something I should have told you about his methods…”

Helen glared just slightly.“Like many things here, I found out the hard way already. He likes me. And he’s seen it all.” She patted her belly and spun around, to illustrate.

Connie whistled. “Good for you. Today was just a favour for me, but if he asked you back, it was genuine. Trust me, whatever he makes you go through, it will be worth it, in the end.”

Helen nodded as she thought to herself. I just hope you remember that tomorrow.

Next morning Silvio phoned to advise that his driver had taken ill. Not really being a great driver himself he tried to beg off the shoot. Nonsense Connie replied. “I’ll drive her myself.”

Helen acted strangely about this development. “Look I don’t want to be a bother…”

Connie held up her hand. “Don’t be absurd it’s no bother. Now get ready.”

In the car, Helen was unusually silent. Connie looked over and said “I thought this would be a fun thing for you. You have the look of a child, waiting to get a tooth pulled. What’s wrong, are you nervous?”

Helen shook her head. “I just thought I’d be alone…you know.”

“No I don’t actually, but if it will make you feel better, I’ll stay out of the way.”

True to her word, Connie did stay in the car, as promised. For about 20 minutes. Then, a need for a bathroom break and her curiousity got the better of her.

No harm in a peek. She threaded her way into the front of the house, answered the call of nature and snuck to the back veranda. She peered cautiously out back and stood frozen at the sight. Then her jaw dropped.

She saw Helen and Odette intertwined in sheer gauze robes. They appeared to be acting out The Judgement of Paris. Odette was obviously very intent on making Helen into her next conquest. Helen on her part did not seem to be resisting much.

Connie had seen enough. Ignoring the camera and host/photographer, she stormed on the scene and demanded “What the hell is going on here? I turn my back on you for a moment and this is what you are up to?”

Silvio was so shocked that he said nothing, but actually began to photograph the scene as it unfolded.

Odette laughed. “Sorry. I wasn’t under the impression, that we were still a couple. You’ve no right to question my activities…”

Helen cut her off. “Actually I think she was talking to me. Am I making you jealous?”

Connie reddened. “No. Yes. But not how you think.”

Odette probed. “Maybe you’d like to explain?”

Connie sighed. “Helen and I are just friends. She’s not even attracted to women. We were just winding you up. To make you…”

“Jeaulous?” Odette crossed her arms.”Is that right? You did this to make me mad?”

Helen nodded. “Sorry.”

But Connie corrected. “I just wanted you to feel threatened enough to want me back. I still love you. I always will. If you can ever forgive me for what I did…”

Odette finally laughed as she went over to hug Connie.” I’ve missed you too. Helen told me why you did it-you wanted a baby for us.”

The look on Helen’s face told everything. Connie frowned. “I think I’ve just been played a bit.”

Helen shrugged. “Maybe-maybe not. You got the outcome you wanted. Now can we get on with this?”

Poor Silvio had finally found his tongue. “So. Ladies friends now? Good we photograph.  Constanza you too, maybe?

Connie was already walking out to the patio. She began to doff her modern attaire and asked Silvio, “You have a costume for me? He shook his head. For you no. Better this way. You see.”

The photographs complete, Connie approached Helen. “Um. I have a favour to ask. You aren’t comfortable driving here and, well I’d like to stay on a bit. Would you mind if we got a cab to take you back?” Odette was in the background and grinned devilishly as she rubbed her own massive breasts. “Please we have a lot of catching up to do.”

Helen rolled her eyes skyward and laughed. “Hey, it’s not my house. Knock yourself out.” She looked at Silvio and offered. “Maybe you’d better come with.”

Before the horrified man could respond Connie shushed her. “That won’t be necessary.” Then, in a mockingly stern voice. “Just stay away from my villa for oh…couple days.”

In the event, it was a week. Connie showed up just in time to see her off. She had a mischievous grin and refused to answer any questions. When they got to the airport, Connie pulled out a photo. It was of an oil painting of the three of them. “Here take this. I’ll send the painting when it’s dry. Oh, I have a surprise too. You won’t be flying home commercial. That’s my parting gift to you for bringing Odette back to me.” She stroked the newly huge backside and added. “I don’t think you’d fit in a regular seat anyway.”

“Anyway, good bye and good luck. I hope everything works out for you.”

Helen nodded and wiped a tear from her eye. “The same to you.” She turned and went into the airport door without a backward glance.

If she had, she would have seen a mischevious grin on her friend as she spoke into her cell. “Homeward bound. Mission accomplished, and then some. You owe me for this.”

Sept 24/2009 New York

It was nearly time for Helen to come home, and both women wondered what the end of the week would bring. They would find out quickly enough. Karen came out of the bathroom, mopping her brow and Jill asked “Everything okay-that’s your third trip this morning.”

Karen nodded slowly “Maybe I just drank too much fluid today-still on the milk thing. Probably why my boobs keep growing. Who was on the phone?”

“Roberta. Wants to see me. You too.”  Jill swallowed hard. “I think I know what it is about. We’ve failed. At least we won’t be caught off guard.”

“Well we tried. Hmph. I guess it’s my fault. Didn’t get big enough, but I can’t seem to lose either. My diet’s failed miserably-I want to stop eating but I can’t.” Despite that, Karen assured her. “It will be fine. You may end up smelling like a rose. Life can be funny like that.”

Jill asked “You know something I don’t?”

That’s a pretty broad area. “Why don’t we go see what she wants, and we’ll take it one step at a time?”

The pair set off for the office when Karen asked “Look, there’s a Dairy Queen in that strip mall. Pull over will you?”

Jill snickered. “Think you can put on 4 sizes on the way there…”

Karen stuck out her tongue. “I am hungry yes, but that’s not why I need to stop.” She started to squirm restlessly and added “Hurry please”.

Jill suddenly realized the nature of the stop and admonished “Good grief girl we’ve only been in the car twenty minutes.  Maybe you should get that checked out.”

Karen ran in or rather waddled as quickly as she could. She found Jill inside on the way out. “Guess I should buy something, for using their restroom. Just to be courteous. You know.”

Jill rolled her eyes “Oh yes.”

Karen held her hand out for the card and ordered “Two hotdogs, large rings, large fries, strawberry shake, chocolate shake, for here.  I’ll pay for a banana split too, but don’t make it yet-I don’t want it to melt.”

The cashier stifled a smirk. “That all?”

Karen pondered a minute “Should do-if I want anything else, I can come back. Oh sorry Jill-did you want something?”

Jill said “Coffee with sweetener.” She sat down and waited for her colleague to collect her “snack”. She’d bought so much food it wouldn’t fit on the tray and had to make a second trip. Jill sized her up as she made the journey. Despite the fact their efforts had not reached Roberta’s target, Karen was quite simply unrecongnizable from the pixie she had started from. Each of her arms was bigger than her legs had once been, bigger in fact than than Jill’s now plumper drumsticks as well. Her butt was nearly three feet wide and it stuck out more than a foot and a half behind her. Combined with the massive belly it was a huge struggle for her to squeeze into the booth. Judging from the puffing, it was taxing enough for her to just cross the room. Karen adjusted her boobs over the table and began to stuff herself. Jill noticed that lately even her hands appeared fat. Each of her fingers and had little dimples and the skin was beginning to fold over on the top knuckles. The fat on her fingers forced them apart and made it tougher for her to do her work. If she got much bigger, her typing days would be over. And yet Roberta had insisted on size 22. That would mean another 60 or so pounds. Could Karen have functioned at that weight? Against all logic, she seemed determined to try. Karen ate the whole meal as Jill watched on.  The silence prompted Karen to look up and she caught Jill staring. Her now round face stuffed nearly full Karen mumbled. “Ish thewe a prolem?”

Disarmed a bit she said. “Mary was right. That bra is way too small. Well you wanted boobs-you certainly got them.”

Karen smiled. “I know. Maybe I went too far. They grew so fast lately, they actually hurt.”

Jill’s first thought was kept to herself, over that one. “So this diet-seems to be on again-off again.”

Karen shrugged. “Just lately-can’t seem to get full. Didn’t help I skipped lunch.” That was a lie. She’d sneaked a bag of Danish in her purse and eaten them in the privacy of the ladies room at work.

She looked at Jill and blurted out. “I know what you’ve been up to lately. You and Anna, that is. Your little scheme didn’t fool me for a minute.”

Jill reddened and offered “Look I was just doing…”

Karen cut her off. “Why are you apologizing? I’m grateful.”

Jill said “Really?”

“Of course. I knew Anna would never let me give up on this project, so once I tried to roll back, she upped the ante. Luckily, you had my back. You kept feeding me the lo-cal stuff and eating the high cal stuff yourself.”

Jill said “I did? Oh yes I mean I did.”

“Jill, I’m not blind I saw what was happening. How much have you gained, anyway?”

Jill sighed “45 pounds. I feel huge.”

Karen smirked “Not compared to me. But you did help. All that food you ate, would have ended up in me and eventually on me. I’d have gained those 45 pounds and then some. Probably twice that, in fact. Odd isn’t it? If I’d just carried on on my own; Anna would probably have gotten to me size 22 a long time ago. In a way, you actually sabotaged Roberta’s project, instead of helping it. Don’t worry I won’t tell.”

Jill looked skyward, adding ironically. “Thanks loads, pal. She’ll never know, unless of course she looks at me and puts two and two together.”

Karen ignored the last comment. She stood to get her banana split, returning instead with two.

Jill crossed her arms. “I didn’t ask for that-you’re going to be my undoing. God girl, I’d weigh a ton by now, if I ate like you. Mind you, I’m well on the way. I think Trevor is going to freak when he sees how heavy I’ve gotten.”

Karen was taken aback. “Oh-actually I was going to eat them both, so you needn’t get bent out of shape.”

Jill grabbed one greedily. “No, you don’t. One more pound won’t make a difference now. Might as well go out with a bang.”

They ate the splits and two more, before Jill said. “Look, we are late.”

“I know. Let’s go.  In the parking lot, Karen noticed a drug store. Just one more minute I need to get something.” She used the loo there too, and Jill noticed she was remarkably subdued, the rest of the trip.

Roberta saw them in and chatted briefly. “I’m very happy with your little pictorial study. I know you thought it was just a make work project, but no one else will likely ever be able to this this…experiment under the tightly controlled conditions we had. Now as for the second part, I think I’d like to do that separately if you don’t mind. Karen, you first.”

Jill was immediately concerned. She knew that people were usually fired in private. That meant the axe for at least one of them.  Still, she left and closed the door.

Karen waited nonchalantly for Roberta to start. “You don’t seem too worried.”

“If this is what I think it is, I’m not. I tried my best to live up to your request. Without by the way, having any incentive guarantee to reward me for my efforts.”

“Don’t worry” said Roberta. “I’m pleased that you tried and proud of you. Both of you, actually. But we had an understanding from the beginning, that you were only plan B. I have received word that my plan A has born fruit, after all. Looks like our little Helen saw reason, and is not so little any more.”

Karen stared inscrutably. “So she’s getting the job.” She thought How long have you known about this?

Roberta said “Looks like it. But you’ll be looked after. As her assistant I will see you get an appropriate raise. May be some travel, but I’ll keep it within reason.” Roberta looked for a reaction getting a blank stare instead.

She misinterpreted. “Karen we talked about this possibility. If you are going to sulk about this…”

Karen stopped her. “No that’s not it at all. I’m trying to find the words. I won’t be able to take either job, as it turns out. Not for a while, anyway.” She reached into her purse and pulled out an EPT kit. The dot was bight blue.

Roberta knew what it meant. “Are you sure?”

Karen nodded.” Just found out on the way here. Put a few things together today and guessed. Course I’ll need to go to the doctor.”

Roberta said “Come here and the two hugged as best they could, considering their combined girth.”

The older woman wiped a tear from her eye and sighed. “Okay you take the day off and go see your husband. I won’t tell anyone else, for now. And send Jill in.”

Karen pleaded. “Maybe, she can have my job now...Don’t fire…”

Roberta shook her head. “No one is being fired. She did work hard to please me after all, despite some underhandedness. I think the extra baggage she’s carrying around is enough to deal with.”

Karen scurried out and Jill sheepishly asked “What’s up?”

“Well young lady. As of today, this will be our final chat in this capacity. As of quitting time you will no longer be working for me.”

Jill welled up and was about to protest. Roberta cut her off. Mary from the warehouse is retiring next year. “I asked who she would consider to take over for her. She asked for you, specifically. She has a very high opinion of you for some reason. Actually I do too, now that I’ve gotte to know you better.”

She took a minute to ponder. “So this is a transfer…”

“A promotion actually. A good one.”

Jill let that sink in. “What about Karen?”

“If you mean did she get the job? No. Helen will. The “hints” you sent her, did the trick. She got with the program. That’s partly why I am transferring you out. Less likelihood she’ll discover our little plan. Even if she does, at least she’ll have no authority over you.”

Jill asked. “So she’s…done it? You know for sure she’s big enough?”

“Yep. She’ll be in Monday, you can see for yourself.”

Jill probed “You knew about this a long time ago, didn’t you?”

Roberta’s silence was answer enough.

Jill pouted “So Karen did all this for nothing? She’s huge and now she’ll get nothing for her efforts, or mine for that matter. That poor girl…”

“Not for nothing. Your updates ensured that Helen would not try to go halfway. Karen did this for her own reasons, but that’s a conversation you need to have with her privately. She’s happy for now, and everyone came out all right in the end. So, no harm done.”

Jill was grateful for the opportunity but still added “No harm done? Are you blind? Look at me! I ruined my figure on this little adventure of yours. It’ll take months to get this off. If ever.”

Roberta’s eyes narrowed. “Just to be clear. If you hadn’t blabbed to Helen, I would not have had any way to convince you to do this. Strike one. Helen probably never would have known about Karen’s growth, in time to beat her out for the job. Strike two. I also have it on good authority that you and your helper were less than honest about your tactics, to keep Karen on track. You got caught by your own lies. Strike three. None of this is my fault or Karen’s, for that matter.”

“Now before either one of us says anything we regret, I suggest you go home and discuss your promotion with Tyler. I hear he’s coming back tonight. Why don’t you go out for dinner on me? You still have the card right?”

Jill stood to leave. “Yes alright thanks. We can talk tomorrow.”

Jill waddled out thinking, “Last thing I need right now is more food. Tyler will have enough of a shock, without me suggesting I get even fatter!”

The door closed and Roberta opened the email once more. The selection of photos was pretty good. No way they could be fakes. For the first time in months she’d sleep soundly, knowing Helen would measure up. And then some.

Karen for her part, decided to celebrate in style. Roy was away on a fishing trip and would not be in, until late Sunday. She decided to make a nice meal for Anna and break the news to her.
She did stop on the way home to top up though.

Sept 29/2009 Helen/Karen New York

Helen didn’t even bother unpacking, once she got home. She hopped the subway right to Karen’s apartment. It was only 9am on Sunday, and she would likely be home.

The door opened, revealing her quarry. At least she thought it was Karen. There was little resemblance to the version she had seen last time. Her little red tube top was stretched to capacity, trying to contain the massively expanded boobs underneath. Even now, she was pulling at it, to keep it from simply disappearing into the horizontal canyon formed at the juncture of those boobs and the even bigger belly, emerging underneath.

Below, she had on a pair of white cut-offs, the waistband rolled over and the expanse of her ass threatened to burst the seams. The tops of her legs bulged out underneath and even the slightest movement set the rolls of fat thereon, into a gentle rolling motion.

Her face was now puffy and swollen, each cheek now with tennis ball sized pouches of fat, now starting to sag under the relentless force of gravity. With her hair pulled into a ponytail, one could see further evidence of growth in the double chin and swollen neckline.

Even now, she was munching away on a cinnamon bun. She stood a minute to take it all in and shook her head. “You did it. And then some, from the looks of you.” Then a short pause as she stared once again.

Helen placed her hand on her hip asking, “You gonna stare all day or invite me in?”

Sorry Karen blushed. “Just a bit of a shock.” She opened the door further and let in her former boss. Helen glared at her as she waddled into the kitchen asking over her shoulder “Before you left you told Roberta in no uncertain terms you weren’t going to get on board with her conditions. When, how did this happen?”

“I might ask the same question. The rumours are true. You really did get fat.”

Rolling her eyes Karen snickered. “What rumours? You just got back-you couldn’t have known… Besides if I were as big as you, I wouldn’t be picking on anyone for their weight. This is my day off. Could this have waited…”

Helen ‘s voice took on a sterner tone. “I just wanted to see you for myself. You...and Roberta know very well why I did this. But why did you...?  Did Roberta offer you my job?”

Karen smiled. “You mean the new one you didn’t want, or your old one?”

Helen asked “What’s that mean? Last thing on Earth I want to do, is come into the office tomorrow in this condition, to find out it was all for nothing. Come clean, please. You both owe me that.”

Opening the door wider Karen replied “Better come in, I’ll explain. Want a coffee?” Before the offer was even accepted, Karen was pouring out another mug. She waddled over with a plate of cinnamon buns and placed them between the two. Grabbing one for herself she offered go ahead help yourself. “I got another dozen in the oven.”

Helen gaped but asked simply “Were you going to eat all of them by yourself?”

“Oh sure. I can really put it away now. Only I’m trying extra hard this week. I’m trying to get over the 225 mark before Roy gets back from his trip tonight. Haven’t seen him for a week and I hope he’ll like the new me.” Then she rubbed her paunch and said “Nearly there.” On that note, she swallowed the remainder of the bun and reached for another.

Helen grabbed her hand “Wait. What’s going on? Why are you eating so much? As I said before, did Roberta offer you my job?”

“Honestly, we talked about it but we both know I’m not capable of doing it. I’m not trained for sales. She was worried that you wouldn’t fit the bill though. She know about your new figure yet?”

Helen sighed. “Nope. I was so worried that you were going to take over, I just lost myself in it. Looks like it was a lot of work, for nothing.”

Karen corrected her. “Not for nothing. I know this much. Roberta was determined that you would not get the job if you didn’t meet her qualifications. If you came back let’s say somewhat under the wire, she would have found someone else. Maybe me-who knows. But you said there were rumours-someone told you about me right? In fact, it prompted you to come over on a Sunday to see for yourself.” Karen  scowled slightly as she realized “Someone spilled the beans to you-I never had a chance. I think I know who it was.”

Helen realized that her theatrics were threatening to blow her own cover so asked. “If you knew there was only a slight chance why bother? There must be another factor-you seem determined.” She helped herself to a bun as well. The smell and taste were overpowering and the conversation paused as the two polished off the last 4.

Helen broached the subject once more. “So if you aren’t doing it for work…”

Karen let out a wry smirk. “Guess that fat suit is to blame. Once I put it on and started coming home from work…well Roy…you get it.”

Not being coy in the least, Helen probed. “No, I don’t actually.”

Karen blushed a bit. “Short G-rated version, Roy got turned on. He was embarrassed to tell me but he had been trying to fatten me up almost since we met. I only needed to see the look on his face to know. Remember when I joked with Roberta about wearing it to bed? We tried that once.” She blushed as she admitted “Suit’s not worked out for that sort of thing.” Then she added “I decided to try it for real-just a bit at first. I have a high metabolism, so I really need to pack it away to gain any significant weight. Eating started as a chore, but now it’s a pleasure. Once I got into the swing of things it just snowballed.”

“By the way when you came in I mentioned you were in line for two jobs. Roberta was going to make you fill in for me while I was gone, if you weren’t going to meet her other requirements. Guess they’ll have to hire a temp now.”

“Temp?”

“Yep.” She rubbed her belly for emphasis. “This isn’t just me anymore. There’s someone else in here, now. We’ll see who in about 6 months.”

Helen smiled. “Pregnant. How wonderful for you.”

“We tried for a while. Just needed to try more often it seems. Anyway, you will be fine.”

The timer for the oven dinged and Karen mentioned. “As long as Roberta hasn’t seen you yet, might as well go in with a bang. Once I got big enough she was going to let me wear some of the suits to work, but I’m still only outgrowing a size 14. There’s one in my room, I was going to return to work tomorrow. By the time I’m big enough for it I’ll be home on maternity leave. Why don’t you try it on and I’ll ice the buns in the meantime.”

The idea made sense and Helen went into the room and tried on the suit. It was tight and she barely got into it, taking nearly ten minutes to zip up the skirt. When she slunk out of the room and Karen saw her she whistled. “Wow, I’ve seen banana peels fit looser than that. You are big, girl.”

Helen scoffed as she noticed that Karen had already eaten three of the buns in her absence. “Keep eating like that and you will fit into this, in no time. Good thing I aimed for the middle of the range, eh? Even a size 22 feels a bit tight.”

Now it was Karen’s turn to giggle. “Reality check. That’s a 28, end of the line. You get any bigger, they’ll need to expand the range. How much do you weigh, anyway?”

Helen shrugged, explaining. “I’ve been wearing European sizes, so I guess I didn’t notice, when I overshot a bit.”

Putting her food down for a moment Karen went to the drawer in the kitchen and took out a tape. She took Helen by the hand and led her into the bathroom. “Time to find out.”

The tape revealed Helen to be 58HH-55-55. Then she stepped on the scale. Karen whistled. “335 pounds. That’s a lot more than Roberta asked for. She is going to love this, you know.”

Before she could react Karen asked. “Maybe you could help me… It’s getting harder to do on my own.”

“Uh sure.” Helen measured her up and the tape revealed her to be 45-41-48. Stepping on the scale she was delighted when Helen read out “226”.

Karen clapped “I did it. You know that’s more than double what I weighed before. Roy will be so pleased. Then she whispered look at these-bet you’d never thought I’d have boobs. I tried an F-cup but I’m outgrowing it too. Probably the hormones taking over.”

Helen nodded. “Oh I noticed. Careful though too much of a good thing can be bad too.” She hoisted her own HH cups up and said. “These must weigh twenty pounds each on their own.” Karen had noticed them as soon as her “rival” walked in. Each of them was bigger than her head. Karen knew she wanted to be likewise.

On that note Karen strode back into the kitchen and began scarfing down more of the buns. Over her shoulder she added. “I’ll be there soon don’t worry and I won’t complain a bit.”

Helen shook her head. “So how big are you going to get?”

Karen shrugged. “Not sure yet. We didn’t discuss it. I’m not really trying any more. Just can’t stop eating lately though. Is that what it’s like for you?”

Helen just rolled her eyes and offered “Don’t get up I’ll see myself out. See you tomorrow.”

The door closed and Karen went back to stuffing herself. She looked down at the growing belly and stroked it, giving her pause to reflect on how she got to this point.

First thing in the morning, Helen came in to find Jill working at rearranging the magazines of the lobby. She noted the physical growth in the younger employee. “My, you’ve changed since I’ve been away.” Then a whisper. “Thanks for keeping me up to date with Karen. I will not forget it. But look at you. What happened?”

Jill scowled. “I can’t discuss it. Besides, you’re one to talk. After all the emails I sent to you, why didn’t you give me one hint that you were going through with it? Now this was for nothing,” she complained as she rubbed her protruding belly. She stopped suddenly, realizing she’d said too much.

Helen pried. “All what was for nothing? And why would I send you an email keeping you apprised of my current weight? You certainly didn’t do so in your own case. If you’ve been up to something, what is it?”

Jill shrugged. “Sorry I misspoke. I meant Karen of course. I think she’s been a bit of a bad influence on me.”

“Uh huh. I already spoke to Karen last night; but I still think there is more to this story than meets the eye.” But what met the eye was pretty impressive on its own. Now 45 pounds heavier, she’d tried to disguise the increased figure with bulkier clothing. It didn’t work. Every inch of her new 37-26-46 shape was evident as she jiggled around the room. “I think we need to have a little talk later, you and I.”

Jill then glared and coldly replied. “After last night’s episode with Tyler, I’m done talking about this. If it’s work, fine; otherwise I will thank you to mind your own business.” Without another word she strolled past, sullenly into the ladies room. To herself she wondered if she could escape to the cafeteria without being seen. She was used to Karen’s regimen and now found it had to go more than a few hours without eating as well.

Helen moved down the hall to find Karen’s desk empty. Roberta was standing over it reading a memo, and looked up “Hey there nice to have you back. Once Karen gets back maybe we can have a little chat to catch up.”

“Back?”

She’s downstairs getting me a coffee.

Helen asked “Machine broken?”

Roberta snickered. “No. She’s convinced herself that the cafeteria coffee is better. Oh and it gives her an excuse to go get a snack and eat it on the way back. She thinks I don’t know. You should see her at lunch. She’s pregnant you know. You probably won’t recognize her.”

Helen snickered. “Actually I stopped by her place last night. She told me about the baby. She’ll be as big as me if she’s not careful.”

Roberta just nodded. “Oh, I think she’s got a ways to catch up to you.”

Helen changed the subject. “What’s up with Jill? Nearly took my head off.”

Roberta whispered. “Boyfriend dumped her, cause of her weight I guess. She was inconsolable yesterday. Called me at 11pm and ended up on my couch last night. Don’t mention it to her alright, yesterday night was a disaster as it was.”

“Too late for that. Was that your doing, too?”

“My doing? Of course not. Why would you think that?” Roberta deflected. “Honey we have a lot of catching up to do. Jill can wait for now.” She stared intently at the plump repatriot and smiled smugly. “Given your current look I would guess you have reconsidered my offer. I’m glad.”

Then Helen added. “You don’t seem the least bit surprised. Karen spilled the beans, I guess.”

Roberta went along with it. “Oh…yes.”

As if by magic, Karen herself rolled, or rather waddled in. She was dressed somewhat more demurely than yesterday, in a pink maternity top, and stretch pants. Although she’d not told anyone herself, the word was out on her impending motherhood. She was carrying half an apple pie. Judging from the stains on her clothes and face, it had been a whole one, only minutes before.

She waved and Helen noted. “That’s more like it. You need to dress more demurely if you are going to make any impression as a mother to be. Looks like you’ve got lots of practice eating for two though.”

Once inside the office and the pleasantries finished, Roberta handed Helen a sheaf of documents. “I made you a promise before you left I would wait until you got back to make my decision.”

“You also agreed to take me just as I was. Remember?”

“I do indeed.” Roberta looked her up and down, “Looks like you took this seriously. It would be my great pleasure to offer you this job, if you still want it.”

Helen stood and stretched out her arms. “D’yuh think? Look at me. Of course I want the job.”

Roberta calmed her. “Relax honey. I had to ask.” Trying to control her obvious glee, she jibed. “You may have just enjoyed the food a little too much. You know you can’t just sign up and go on a crash diet right. I’d hate for us to fall out.”

Helen noted.  “You know I wouldn’t do that.”

Roberta was reassured. “I would think two years would be enough for the program to survive on its own. After that, you can do what you like.”

“Like that’s going to happen any time soon.” Roberta handed her a copy of the contract which she  duly signed. “If you want to get your lawyer to witness it, will be official but for now, I will advise payroll right after you leave the office. Now I’d like to discuss…”

Helen interrupted. “I need to know one thing. You didn’t seem at all surprised about this sudden change of heart of mine. How long have you known about this and why didn’t you tell me about Karen? I thought she was going to take…”

Helen realized she’d said too much.

Roberta ignored her question and posed “Karen mentioned she was genuinely surprised you knew about her little diet plan.”

Helen deflected again. “Found out yesterday, it had nothing to do with you.” Not a lie if you read into it carefully

“A suspicious person might think you knew a long time ago, but didn’t let on. Person that sneaky could say…let her continue to get bigger for nothing. Then she could show up looking like this and pull the rug out at the last minute. Person like that would be a bit…devious.”

Helen nodded.” Devious. Like sending enough information to someone, to suspect the worst; but not the whole story.”  

Roberta stared at her for a moment then they both laughed. “Look we could argue about who did what, but everyone is going to make out okay in the end.”

“I don’t know. Jill doesn’t look too happy. She’s lost her fella.”

Roberta nodded. “Feel just a bit guilty about that. But she’s young and she’ll get over it. I’ll have a talk with her later. Trust me, she was predestined to get that big sooner or later. It’s better she finds out how shallow Tyler is now, instead of a few years later, after 3 kids and a divorce. Next guy who comes along will love her for who she is. Maybe she’ll find one who actually likes it. You know some men actually like a larger figure. Like Stan, or Roy.”

Helen snickered. “Some women too. Had a narrow escape there. Nuff said.”

Roberta raised an eyebrow. “That’s a conversation for another day. But we have a lot to cover. Let me look at you. Her critical eye did not fail to see the suit she had on was too tight. That the suit I gave to Karen?”

“Yep  she gave it to me last night.“Too big for her.”

“Well it’s too small for you. And it’s a 28. Looks like you overshot the mark.”

Helen shrugged. “It’s not easy to…”

Roberta said “It’s fine. I’ll have the tailors rig up a few outfits, for now. Trust me you’ll drop a size or two once you get back on the road.”

Helen snorted. “Don’t count on that. I got fatter every time I went out. And I wasn’t rrying then.”

Roberta changed the subject. “Let’s move on, shall we?” She pulled a few file folders from her desk. I have pre-screened some of the applicants and rubber stamped a few, if you don’t mind.

“Applicants?”

“First pile is potential store managers. You’ll be interviewing and hiring them, except for the New York store. Probably best to let them find their own staff. Other pile is a list of starter clientele. I’ve marked ones who we’ll shoo in to draw the others in. I want to talk a little about image for a minute. You had the right idea. I think the name and the prestige, will be our best sales weapon. Like the old time Rolls Royce image. A bit stuffy, but it symbolized success. It’s critical that we bring in women of distinction. Self made. I’m talking about educators, scientists, businesswomen, doctors, lawyers, that sort of thing. No heiresses or divas. Last thing I want to see is a YouTube video of one of our customers wearing our outfit with no underwear. Oh, I did amend your list. Instead of Philly I suggest our second store be in Baltimore.”

“Why? It’s not a big market.”

Roberta explained “No but it’s close enough to Washington to draw in powerful political women, without looking too obvious. We’re willing to lose money on that one, for the image it will buy.”

Helen nodded. “What about New York?”

“Ah yes. I wanted to get the store up and running asap. We’ll open a store a month. That way we can learn as we go. So I’ve hired the manager already and she’s got it ready to go. Grand opening is tomorrow. You are doing the press interview. They’ll be there at 11, tomorrow. You come up with your own script, it’s your baby.”

Next day a courier arrived, with a dozen well tailored suits by 8 am. They worked fast! Choosing a conservative grey with a silver silk blouse she set out.

The sidewalk outside the store was already abuzz, by the time she arrived at 9:30. She met the manager, Janice Simmonds and a few of her staff. “Hope you don’t mind me hanging around a bit, over the next few days.” A couple high profile clients came in early and got the grand tour. It gave Helen a chance to practice her own for later.

About 11, the press was admitted. She gave a great tour and expounded the virtues of the clothing and the chain. The interview was nearly over when a disturbance outside distracted her and the press in turn. One of the staff was engaged in a firm but polite conversation with a woman who was angrily gesticulating and on the verge of tears. Helen looked skyward. Oh God. Not today.

The press saw that and now she was trapped. She would have to do something herself. She beckoned to Janice and said “Come on. Hurry.”

The whole thing was being filmed and as Helen got closer, she realized this situation was going from bad to worse. The plainly dressed woman was an old acquaintance. She stepped in and said “I’ll take over from here. Ian must be doing alright for himself, if you can afford to shop here.” It was Stephanie. A whole new version. She was bigger than Helen remembered. A lot bigger.

Steph looked at her puzzled for minute and then gasped. “Helen, is that really you? You’re so fat! I don’t believe it after what you said to me…”

Helen saw her life flashing before her eyes but kept her cool. “Please you are making a scene. Haven’t you done enough damage to my life? Today is for special customers. If you want to shop you need to apply for…”

Steph looked down at the sidewalk. “Wait. You don’t understand. I’m not applying for a store card. I need a job.” She wiped a tear and sheepishly admitted. “You were right. Ian and I are finished. I’m a single mom and I’m desperate. Please can you help me?”

A petty person would have gloated, cameras or not. Helen was made of better stuff, so she gave the shocked woman a hug, handed her a hanky and suggested. “I don’t hire the staff. Why don’t you go in the washroom and clean up. Then we’ll talk.”

The cameras were still rolling and Helen shrugged. “Always something, right?” The press had heard enough to whet their appetite and they mobbed her for more information. With no choice she told enough of the background story to satisfy them without shattering Steph’s reputation, or Ian’s for that matter.

The interview over, she waited the appropriate time and sought out the intruder, now cowering in the staff room. Helen glared at her but offered. “Coffee?” Steph nodded and Helen closed and locked the door.

Once the coffee was made Helen began. “I have had time to get over what happened. Just. Then you turn up, and start it all over…”

Steph began to sob a bit. “I-I’m sorry. I had not idea you were involved with this operation. I hardly know anything about you. Ian never talked much about you when…”

“We were engaged…”

“I was going to say when we were together. We did get married. I’ll give him that.”

Helen calmed as she detected that Steph had no better opinion of her erstwhile fiancé, than she did. “What happened?”

“Well it’s a bit embarrassing. You see Ian has a particular…psychological quirk that I should have seen, but didn’t.”

“Oh. He’s kinky?” There had been no indications in Helen’s time.

“Not in the sense you’d think. He’s a…feeder. You know what that means?” She looked over Helen’s body, as she said it.

Helen bristled at that. “You trying to be funny? If you mean he likes women with a more zaftig look, I’m familiar with that. So why are you split up? You should be more than enough woman…”

“There’s more. If that were enough, he’d probably love you too. No, he is a control freak. He doesn’t just get off on bigger women. You met me when I started. I was this big.” as she held out her pinkie. “He fed me up right from the start. I was young, naïve, with little to offer and he was a successful professional. To be honest, it was flattering so, I fell for him right away. After a while I realized he wasn’t buying me all those lunches just as a favour, I’m not stupid.”

“I knew he was trying to make me gain weight, so I let myself go, at first reluctantly then it became a habit. Eventually I began to enjoy it, I do like to eat and felt it was for a good purpose. Before I knew it I was locked in, because I felt too fat to find someone else. It didn’t matter because Ian liked it and at the time that was all that mattered to me.”

Helen interjected. “At the time? So things changed?”

Steph nodded. “I was beginning to suspect something was wrong right around the time I told him I was pregnant. No matter how big I got, he was never satisfied. I tried to stop a few times when I felt it was getting out of hand, but he would plead with me to reach some new milestone. I would do it, but then he always wanted more. As long as I did keep getting bigger, things were fine. My mom and my sis worried, but once we found out I was pregnant, that was all the excuse I needed. He didn’t need to push me to eat anymore. I gained 40 pounds a month after that. Right after our little…misunderstanding I had to quit work. I was just too heavy to do the job.  Of course once I was home 24/7 I gained weight even faster.”

“When the baby came I weighed over 400 and was too fat to really look after him. So he hired a nanny to give me a break. He also put me on some medication, to control post-partum depression. It worked, sort of. Mostly made me sleepy and disoriented. Didn’t know it, but one of the side effects  is weight gain, as well. I’m sure he knew, though. She looked down wistfully, as she rubbed her massive paunch and added. I’ve actually lost 35 pounds, you know. At my biggest I was over 600 pounds.” The thought of her figure made a slight shiver down her spine.

Helen was intrigued by the story, which touched a nerve a bit. “So what happened?”

“Well I was excited to be a new mom, and wanted to look after my own baby. He was at work and I was home, so it was harder for him to control my intake. Not only that, I felt I was getting uncomfortably large.  It was getting hard to walk and sometimes even to get out of bed. When I told him I needed to get my weight under control, he didn’t object. I thought that would end it. In fact it did.”

She flashed back to the morning a couple months back. Steph awoke to the sound of a knock on her door. Opening it revealed Lupe, her live in nanny/housekeeper. She was not dressed for work. In fact, the overcoat and packed suitcase betrayed her intentions before she could say. “Sorry por wake jou Senora  Monroe. I jam leebing. I can no work here any more.”

Still a bit groggy Steph asked. “Leaving? Just like that. But why?”

Lupe looked down and mumbled. “I don’ wan’ to talk about it. Maybe jou chood talk to Dr. Monroe about eet.” Then, she began to cry softly.

Steph saw something was definitely wrong, so took her hand and said. “Look if you really want to leave, I won’t stop you, but please tell me what’s wrong.”

Steph saw that Lupe was amenable, so she pressed her finger to her lips “Let’s go in the kitchen, so we don’t wake the baby.”

It took a minute for Steph to lift her 602 pounds out of the bed. Now taping up at 83-107-88 she sighed as she squeezed throught the door-barely. Most days she didn’t bother to dress, as she had little to wear. She didn’t even know what bra size she wore anymore, having stopped wearing them once she outgrew the 72KKK model. Now, the fatty globes swung underneath her housedress supported mostly by the even more enormous belly. It was so big, she couldn’t reach the counter if she stood facing it now. Puffing with exertion, she slumped onto a chair in the kitchen.

Lupe took a seat and despite the fact it was only 7:30 she poured them both a glass of wine, to break the ice.

Lupe sipped hers and began to speak. “Senora Monroe jou know I lub jou and the baby. I hab been bery happy here with jou. Bot…”

“Go on” prodded Steph.

“Well, seence I been here I been doin’ a lot ob cooking por jou. A lot.” She glanced at Steph’s belly, as if to emphasize the point. “Eet take a lot ob food to pill jou op. Sorry for say, bot jou are bery beeg lady.”

Steph blushed a bit, adding nonchalantly. “Don’t I know it.” Patting her belly she added. “Here’s the evidence. I must have gained 100 pounds on your cooking alone. Listen if that’s the problem, maybe we can reduce your hours a bit. I overdid this weight thing and need you to help me to get some of this off…”

“No Senora that’s not eet, jou don’ onnerstan’… “Standing a minute she patted her own belly and posterior. “Don’ jou see? No’ all ob eet ees por jou. There ees so moch food aroun’ I can’ reseest eet. I eat almos’ as much as jou.”

“Din jou see how pat I jam getting too?” Pinching her love handle for emphasis she demonstrated. “75 kilo now, tha’s 20 more than when I cong here. Our colture like woman weeth a leetle…more to lob.  Bot no more-thees ees too moch already. My clothes so tight I can’ breathe, and I can no’ buy new-no mony. Porgeeb me por say Senora bot I scare I en’ op like jou. No good por me.”

Steph pondered a minute as she took it in. Lupe had entered their employ at 120 pounds, already a voluptuous 37D-24-39. Now she had swollen to a 43E-33-46 gordita and as mentioned, truly threatened to burst out of her ill fitting clothing.  Steph nodded and said. “I noticed but didn’t want to pry. It was none of my business and besides, who am I to talk?” Steph massaged her belly partly for emphasis but partly to soothe the mounting hunger pangs.

Lupe was not comforted by the weak attempt at humour. “Lupe honey gaining a bit of weight is no reason to quit your job. We’ll figure out something to help you. Part of it is my fault I guess. Maybe a diet plan or a gym…”

“No Senora jou don’ unnerstan’. Ees jou hosban faul’. He do thees, no jou. Well some at leas’. Thas why I mus’ go.” Then Lupe began to babble on in hurried Spanish, waving her arms, for emphasis.

Now a bit alarmed, Steph probed. “My husband. Look maybe you better tell me everything.”

“I don’ know Senora. Jou weel be bery angry I theenk.”

Steph took her hand. “Do you trust me?”

“Si Senora.”

“Good, then tell  me. We’ll both feel better.”

“Well like I say bepore. I no get goo’ food back home. When I cong here I see how much jou hab an’ jou say he’p jouself. So I do. Righ’ away I gain 10 kilo. I am ashame and worry I no fin’ hosban sung day. One day Dr. Monroe cong home and see me cry. I tell heem why. He say I no fat-jost corvy. Tell me many men like Gordita. Show me peecture from on-line. Say I look better even beegger. Say I no work here forebber-enjoy good lipe while eet las’.”

“Let me make sure I understand. He showed you pictures of other women?”

“Si Senora. Many ob them.”

“Like you?”

“No Senora, like jou-some beeger eben. One woman so pat she can no get out ob bed. He hab many, many ob peecture. Some moobie too.” Then she leaned closer and whispered. “Mos’ hab no clothe’ on. Jou know nake’” She shivered at the recollection. “No like.”

Steph blanched at that revelation but carefully drew her out more. “Go on.”

“So I do. You go sleep early-baby een bed too, housework done. Nothing por me but watch teebee an’ eat by myse’f. I peel bad and tell heem so. So he start keep congpany at night. Talk lot-help weeth Inglise-better now no? He buy pizza for me mos’ night. I feel geelty and lonely, so I eat. So now I am like thees-la baca gorda.” Doing her best to rearrange her dress she sighed and blushed in embarrssment.

Steph pursed her lips to control her mounting apprehension, but assured her.” If that’s it I will have a little chat with him…” A very serious chat, she thought to herself.

“No, Senora there ees more.”  She paused before blurting out. “Las’ nigh’ Dr. Monroe, he cong eento my be’room.”

Steph sat bolt upright now. “He what?”

“He sneak in while I change por be’. I torn aroun’ and he ees there-staring at me-nake’. I too scare too moob or scream. He cong ober, feel my body all ober and try kees me. I posh him away, bot he say he pall in lob wit’ me. Say jou no lob him any more. Say he leab jou and wan’ me instea’. Tell me thin’ ober and gib heem answer tonigh’. If I say no he call La Migra…”

Lupe was sobbing hysterically now, so Steph hugged her, as she blurted out “Senora I jam so ashame and so sorry…”

“Let it out” soothed Steph adding “It’s not your fault.”

Lupe began to cheer up. “For true?”

“True. First do you have anywhere else to go?”

“No’ here Senora. Go back home I guess…”

“Do us both a favour then. There are a few things I need to do.I need you to look after the baby, but not here. I’ll call my mom to come get the both of you. Don’t worry, I’ll still pay you and your job is safe.”

“You going to fix this Senora?”

“Si. Tonight someone in this house will be looking for a new bed, and it won’t be us. Now, lets’s have no more talk about leaving. I like you and I think you like me. How about, let’s make some breakfast-together? And no diet talk. Let’s call this the last hurrah!”

“Las’ hurrah? No comprende, Senora.”

Grabbing Lupe’s hand, she explained. “First, you and I are going to empty the fridge. Then I’m going to empty our bank account. After that, we’ll see what Casanova has to say.” By the time her mother got there, the pair had consumed a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon, a pound of sausage, a loaf of bread and a dozen cherry Danish.

They explained the situation over coffee and once over the intial shock, Mrs Fortier took control. “I knew there was something about that s.o.b. I didn’t like. But, no sense crying over spilt milk now. Good idea to go to the bank. But if you really want revenge, we have to clean him out on a more long term arrangement. And for that … “as she outlined the plan.

Steph’s mom looked at Lupe. “First we have to do something about your clothes dear. Let’s see what you have.” They settled on a white sleeveless cotton blouse and a short denim skirt.

Lupe shrugged. “This stoff no pit Senora.” She patted her bulging belly. “I outgrow now.”

Steph’s mom smiled evilly. “I know dear, that’s the point. Don’t worry, we’ll squeeze you into it.” They did, but only just. The sleeveless top only buttoned halfway down, even then the cloth barely contained the expanded breasts. It was hopeless over her belly, so they tied the remainder in a bow overtop, thus emphasizing it further. The skirt was no easier. Practically sprayed on, it revealed every bit of her rearward growth and the legs were so tightly wrapped she could barely walk.

Now for the finishing touches. They let Lupe’s jet black hair down and curled it a bit. Nails, lipstick, eyes and a mid-rise pair of pumps, finished the transformation from frumpy domestic to...what?

Lupe whistled. “What you think?” asked Steph

“I theen I look like puta, maybe. But what is this por?”

Steph smiled now. “We are going to set a trap for Ian, and you my little Chiquita, are the bait.”