New Site new features!

S77

Hi Everyone

Welcome back to Curvage. Thank you for your patience.

It's been a battle but we have successfully switched off of SMF and onto IPB. The only bad news so far is that there are no avatars. I will continue trying to recover the avatars but I didn't want to keep the site offline any longer than absolutely necessary.

Also for now, only a basic forum is up with all of the boards we had on the old site. Now that the site is open I will continue to work in the background and build around the new framework. You will be seeing plenty of new stuff showing up here at Curvage. I will be tweaking and tuning things in the coming days.

So whats new? What are the benefits?

Mobile Friendly!
The most important thing I think is that Curvage is finally mobile friendly. Looks good on your phone or your computer screen. YAYAYAYA :D

Improved Profiles
Finally we too can have nice profiles. Complete with profile status and custom fields. We will decide how advanced we want our profiles to be in the coming weeks. Already you can add a pretty banner to your profile and people can leave you profile comments. It's like your very own space.

Picture Gallery
I realize that we are primarily an image forum so many fear fragmented content but most modern sites have a gallery and a lot of users these days don't understand how to post to a forum. I think we can continue posting to the forums and also add images to the gallery. Should greatly increase Curvage functionality.

Improved chat box
litte bubbles notifying you when someone is in chat will lead to people actually being in chat at the same time. Plus it has private messaging etc. I will be also bringing back video chat in the coming days.

Real Time Notifications
Now when something of interest happens in the forums you can be notified helping to keep you engaged and making sure you won't miss any good stuff happening in the community.

Mentions
I forget to mention that now we have a proper mention system. (no pun intended). It's a great way to call someone out and get their attention. @KFD @vennie @Heart & Mind @ethangee123 @melindamyriah @Batman @Randall_785 @namad

Activity Feeds
Activity pages give you a high level view of everything that is happening on Curvage. Clean, simple and very helpful.

Question and Answer format for Requests
now our request forum is in question and answer format so good answers can be up-voted helping.

There are so many more improvements it's hard to list them all. Look around and you will see things have improved greatly.

There is always risk when making a major change such as this but I believe this new platform is the way forward. We were stuck on a 2007 platform that was not keeping up with modern technology and expectations. We cannot sit by and allow Curvage to become a relic. Curvage has been the gold star standard for online curvy woman appreciation and content for many years and we will continue this leadership for many years into the foreseeable future.

This is only the beginning. Many more updates to come.

Thank you everyone for your support and patience.

J

PS Happy New Year!!

The revamped site looks great, Whomever is responsible for it deserves a pat on the back as they did a great job!

I have one little suggestion that I would like to make.

On the list of threads, the liked threads have the grey star next to them, would it be possible to make the colour of the star anything other than light grey as people like me who have shitty monitors can barely see it, maybe make it the curvage red? It just makes it easier to navigate and find your liked threads.

Other than that I have no complaints, The new look is awesome!

27 minutes ago, Batman said:

Big improvement! What about the home page with the "latest photos" slideshow? Is that gone for good I take it?

A new home page will be built. I simply didn't see the need to keep the site closed any longer than absolutely necessary.

5 minutes ago, ethangee123 said:

The revamped site looks great, Whomever is responsible for it deserves a pat on the back as they did a great job!

I have one little suggestion that I would like to make.

On the list of threads, the liked threads have the grey star next to them, would it be possible to make the colour of the star anything other than light grey as people like me who have shitty monitors can barely see it, maybe make it the curvage red? It just makes it easier to navigate and find your liked threads.

Other than that I have no complaints, The new look is awesome!

Great suggestion. Noted. Work on the colors will happen. Thanks  :)

1 minute ago, SuperJ707 said:

The star is threads you've posted in

Ahh, Ok. I thought it was threads that you have liked. Still it would be a good idea for there to be a way of easily finding liked threads, as there was a heart icon previously. Maybe add a filter option?

As a web developer by trade, I know far too well how much of a pain in the ass these sort of upgrades can be... The hard work (over Christmas time, no less) is seriously appreciated!

Hey Super. The website isn't letting me upload any images to my topic. This is true on both google chrome and firefox. The section with the paper clip and "Drag files here to attach, or choose files" just never appears for me. This is apparently a problem in another topic as well.

Edit: Also, now that we have a new website, is the 20 photo per post limit lifted?