Aidy Bryant

bluetech

It seems as though Saturday Night Live has always had a big guy on the cast, from founding member John Belushi, to Chris Farley, to current cast members Bobby Moynahan and Keenan Thompson. But SNL has never had a plus sized female cast member.

Until now.

SNL announced three new cast members for this upcoming season. All come from the Second City comedy troupe, which is a sign that they might actually be funny. And one of them, Aidy Bryant, is the first ever plus sized woman on the SNL cast.

post-100-14513223263064_thumb.jpg

post-100-14513223263441_thumb.png

Casey Wilson was curvy by Hollywood standards, yes. But she was a far cry from genuinely chunky. She just looked that way in contrast to twigs like Kristin Wiig.

However, she simply wasn't funny. We don't know if she was fired for being curvy or if she was fired for being not funny. I'm leaning towards the latter, actually.

Yeah, it was rumored she was fired for that, but the media looks for things like that, so it could have been untrue. She said she left I think, but that could have been what she was supposed to say. Idk. I liked her though. Casey Wilson seemed like a legit, nice person and was kinda funny when they actually had her in a sketch.

This girl looks nice though. Not too big, but big enough.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here's some crucial question: is she funny?

Her first season was a little rough, and I was legitimately worried that she would be so unfunny that they would can her and it would be another 40 years before SNL would get a plus sized female cast member. But she has consistently gotten better and better and is actually pretty good now.

She's a female comedian so I wouldn't get your hopes up if I were you

Seriously? Not cool.

Her first season was a little rough, and I was legitimately worried that she would be so unfunny that they would can her and it would be another 40 years before SNL would get a plus sized female cast member. But she has consistently gotten better and better and is actually pretty good now.

I think she's also limited by her material on SNL.  Lot of talent there, but not always used as well as it could be.

Guest jason blunderbuss

Here's some crucial question: is she funny?

She's truly in the top five of the funniest current cast members. In this skit with Chris Pratt she was both hilarious and sexy.

imageserver.php?id=376833;image

• 4 weeks later...