Getting girls to talk about their weight gain

jewbacca

Hey everyone, I don't post often, but I've got a question that I think this board would uniquely suited for. As most of here will attest, hearing a growing girl talk about her weight gain is pretty damn hot.... my request for advice relates to this.

I'm friends with this girl, she's about 5'3, big boobs, chubby and cute.  She used to be just generally soft looking, but she loves food and has been steadily porking up all over. Over the past year or so she's gotten delightfully plump; double chin, toneless and soft upper arms, protruding tummy, etc.

She moved a while back, so I've mainly just been keeping in touch with her via text. She likes talking about food, but I can't seem to get her to take a few steps further and talk about her weight gain.

Any advice on how I can get her to open up? Even just reading about it would be pretty awesome. Thanks so much!

Update: Thanks for the advice so far. I mostly keep in touch with her via text, so I'm maubky looking for advice that will work via text interaction. However....

I will be seeing in her person in about a month. I'm super pumped as I know based on her social media pictures that's she put on more weight. Any advice on how I could use this real life meeting to get her to talk about her weight? Either during our actual meeting, or before/after via text?

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll get a nice meaty (no pun intended) weight conversation out of this!

I would say either don't do it, or just dive right in and do.  Either avoid the issue or come on strong.

You know how people will ask, "Have you lost weight?  You look great!"  Well, do the exact same thing, changing only one word.  She may be a little taken aback, but it might also be a pleasant shock to her.  People generally have a negative reaction to weight gain, so it may be refreshing for her to hear a compliment from you.  Weight gain fetishists often come off as total perverts, but it doesn't have to be that way if you can talk about it openly and confidently with her.

If your relationship with her is one where you are actively complimenting her or flirting with her, she'll likely be pleased to hear that you think she's sexy, even if it's in connection to her weight gain.  On the other hand, if your relationship is strictly platonic, this is going to be an awkward topic, considering that weight gain is, in fact, a sexual topic for you.  So, I would say only bring it up if you're pursuing a sexual relationship with her.  Otherwise, it's probably just going to be a little creepy and weird.

Haha yeah, our relationship is platonic, so I wouldn't feel comfortable talking to her about her weight directly. I'm not pursuing a relationship with her, I just think it'd be hot to hear or have a text convo of her talking about her weight. Weird, I'll admit, but this is a fetish board, so I figure if I can't get advice on the subject here, where else can I go?

I'm mostly just looking for a way to spin our real life encounter into a later conversation about her weight, or just find some ways to get her to talk about her weight in a text conversation sometime down the line.

I know that her family loves to eat, and they're all quite chubby too. Maybe that could a potential conversation starter?

I also know that while in town she's going to be visiting a mutual friend who used to be fat, lost a considerable amount of weight, and fairly recently got pregnant. Maybe that could serve as a point of entry? (i.e talking about this other person's weight as a way to get her to talk about her own?).

Again, thanks so much for the feedback everyone!

People like to relate to each other to build connections etc. Bring up a subject about you gaining or losing weight - that you either have done so or are going to. (gain weight during holidays, get in shape after etc).

By you opening up about yourself she might feel encouraged to open up about herself - if she doesn't it might be because it's a sensitive issue for her.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback. I definitely agree that bringing up the issue of my own weight and everything along those lines would be a good way to get her to talk about her weight, the only problem is that I'm pretty skinny so I don't know how much sense it would make for me to bring it up. I have brought up the idea of wanting to put on some muscle or "get in better shape", but this usually just elicits some general encouragement from her (we are friends after all), but it usually doesn't make her talk about her own weight.

We also talk about food a good bit, and about foods that we find hard to resist. This hasn't really gotten her going either, unfortunately.

I guess I'll just have to be an adult and accept that she doesn't want to talk about it...but I'll still keep trying here and there. Regardless, thanks for the help everyone!

Bring up the topic not relating to her based on something you're already talking about or something.

If you guys are going to dinner be like, "Should we get ice cream after? Erm, nevermind, I shouldn't. I'm trying to watch my weight recently. Oh my god, I saw an article the other day about Kate Upton and half the comments were bitching about her gaining weight. I was like, what they fuck, she looks absolutely fine now."

Without knowing how she feels about her weight, do not directly bring up her weight before she does, unless it is the one (unfortunately) socially acceptable topic, "Wow, you look good, have you lost weight?"  And even then, don't if it would be obviously lying. If you provide plenty of openings, such as by mentioning your own weight or the weight of others and she doesn't take the bait and mention her own, she is probably self conscious about it, which means you are out of luck and should drop it. If you bring up her weight without her having done so first, and she is self conscious about it, it may be perceived as an insult or judgmental, and may jeopardize the friendship.