Our cave-man instincts

WhoDat

It is a very weird world indeed when someone on a fetish site calls you weird.

So I, once again, delete my post. 

Just to be clear, I had asked, from a biological standpoint, why we men can't just take women, like cavemen.  "Why is it this way?"

Answers below -  "that's weird" and "because you'd go to jail."

And today is the day I am absolutely sure I will die alone, my body found when people in the hall smell the decay.

My problem is I keep forgetting that if I have a question here, even a hypothetical, it should be "Do you think (this model)  looks good over 400 pounds?" 

Carry on, dear ones.

xoxo

From a biological standpoint, there is no reason you couldn't do that. In fact people do try to "take women" like cave men. Those people are called rapists. The reason you can't do that, aside from there being laws put in place to prevent it, is cultural. After years of progress, people by and large agreed that maybe it was wrong to impose their sexual desires on women without their permission. Cause they're people, not things made to scratch sexual itches. As a society, we've mostly moved past acting on those cave man instincts, though there are still hold outs.

Just to be clear, I had asked, from a biological standpoint, why we men can't just take women, like cavemen.  "Why is it this way?"

And today is the day I am absolutely sure I will die alone, my body found when people in the hall smell the decay.

My problem is I keep forgetting that if I have a question here, even a hypothetical, it should be "Do you think (this model)  looks good over 400 pounds?" 

Carry on, dear ones.

xoxo

It probably comes from jealousy. I am sure the reason that men stopped "taking women" is because, say you "take a woman" and another man liked that woman, then you have conflict with that man. Back in caveman days the other man would probably kill you. Imagine there being less women than men so all of the men want a woman but there isn't enough for all of them. So, yes I think it has to do with jealousy and men like to mark their territory :P I think that men wanting to father children would play into it a lot as well. I am glad that men can't just "take woman" today, I suppose maybe they can in certain areas of the world, but glad they can't here! I have had some pretty sketchy men hit on me. Thank God for women's rights! lol

Guest Smithsonius

No idea what was written originally since it's been edited by OP, but where does this argument come from that it is in any way a 'biological' thing that cavemen used to just go up to a woman and have their way with her?

If you make comparisons to the general animal kingdom (watch a nature doc or two), it is quite clear that males do not just wander up and have their way with the female. There are always mating requirements inbedded into every species, some with the male in charge and some with the female, but as a general rule the male practically always has to 'prove' they are a suitable mate either way.

Monkeys for example have a social structure, and where you sit on that structure decides the likelihood of being able to mate with a female and if they try to step out of this structure they are challenged, beaten and/or exiled. The only real difference with humans is that we've maybe refined the concept a little more, but the basic principle still exists.

As for the quote in heart and mind's post, you could do all those things... provided the girl in question wanted you to, said you could and let you do it. Arguably that is the sort of things that happen in these magical unicorn things called relationships and there's usually a bit more foreplay involved too.

From a biological standpoint, the need is simply to reproduce. From a societal standpoint, there are generally 'controls' in place to ensure that those who pass on their genes are often either the strongest and/or the most adaptable as this ensures that offspring will most likely have those beneficial traits. You could probably argue that these social constraints also develop from an underlying biological trait too, in which case there's a biological imperative stopping you from just having you're way with anything that happens to roll on by and take your fancy.

It's the fear caused by rape culture.

Look at what happened to Kobe Bryant:

Has affair, woman consented, woman changed her mind because he didn't want a relationship, takes him to court and eventually his wife divorces him and takes 180 million dollars away from him.

All because he made a conscious decision to cheat on his wife. Lots of men fear dating the kind of evil and deceitful women in the USA and find it hard to deal with.

That's why nice girls are the best.

Guest An Optimist

No idea what was written originally since it's been edited by OP, but where does this argument come from that it is in any way a 'biological' thing that cavemen used to just go up to a woman and have their way with her?

Bride abduction used to be a thing. If you're permanently hostile and suspicious of other tribes, which is par the course for neolithic people, and you don't want to be like Arabs, that is, inbred because of cousin marriage, the thing to do is to abduct some young woman and have kids with her. Their loss, your gain.

Because of this, people seem pre-adapted to kidnappings, and easily convince themselves to sympathize with their captors (the so called Stockholm syndrome).

However, that it's natural and we are pre-adapted for it doesn't mean it's right.

I think if I had boatloads of money, I could create my own imaginary set populated with women who, for a price, would let me "pretend" I was a caveman and allow me to approach, tackle (gently) wrestle and perhaps "win." Or perhaps she would "win" and rebuff me, and I'd be ok with that - all part of the fantasy.

But benignly.

Not talking about hurting someone.

Guest An Optimist

I think if I had boatloads of money, I could create my own imaginary set populated with women who, for a price, would let me "pretend" I was a caveman and allow me to approach, tackle (gently) wrestle and perhaps "win." Or perhaps she would "win" and rebuff me, and I'd be ok with that - all part of the fantasy.

But benignly.

Not talking about hurting someone.

Look, if you're a sexual sadist, get on wherever such freaks hang out. Women are more likely to be submissive and/or masochistic, so you might meet one who'd enjoy a bit of consensual surprise sex.

You want to know why we can't just grab a girl we see and take her?

WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO REASON.

What separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom is our reasoning skills. We know an action is bad, and five thousand years of the "thou shalt not covet" idiom has existed since Hammurabi's code.

It's bad because we have been told it's bad since humanity needed laws to govern them. We know it's bad because laws are in place to keep us from doing that.

What separates us from the rest of the animal kingdom is our reasoning skills. We know an action is bad, and five thousand years of the "thou shalt not covet" idiom has existed since Hammurabi's code.

It's bad because we have been told it's bad since humanity needed laws to govern them. We know it's bad because laws are in place to keep us from doing that.

I can reason? What?

I can reason, therefore I won't rape? FUUUUUUUUUUUU.........

exploding_head_.jpg?w=500

First - I should tell you, my friend, that you do not need to write WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO REASON by itself, centered, in red, as though you are making some shattering statement that I wouldn't have been able to comprehend had you just written it normally.

That said, human beings are the most UNREASONABLE creatures on the planet. Everything else - one can more or less predict. Cat sees a mouse - will probably pounce. The sun rises, the sun sets. A bear shits in the woods.

Human beings are the ones who don vests rigged with explosives and detonate them in crowds. Humans are the ones who dump sludge into oceans, blacken the skies with their burning of fossil fuels. Humans are the ones who stand at pulpits and preach loudly, then go home and pay $100 for a teen to fellate them. Humans are the ones who pour gasoline on dogs and light them on fire - just for the fun. 

You will not win me over to some sort of fresh perspective on the human race by writing, in all caps, "WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO REASON."

No disrespect intended. Disagreement? Yes.

And, again, I say, it is amusing to be part of a fetish website where men masturbate over women upward of 300, 400 and more pounds, and those people tell me that I'm weird, or think what I am talking about in this thread has the slightest hint of anything to do with any law, or even a reality -

to treat what I said as an actual, serious question to be responded to with "It's the law!" or some literal interpretation.

This thread is total speculation, conjecture, not meant to be jumped on - although jump if you must, lads.

Carry on, dear ones.

xoxo

lol. dude are you fucking autistic? the fact that you even need to ask that question is absolutely insane. In case you aren't a troll and you're that socially retarded, women are not chattel property. They are autonomous beings with their own free agency. You just taking them "like a caveman" is a violation of their rights as human beings. And since you wanted the biological explanation, I'm sorry to break it to you but its the women that select the mates, from the lowest animals with distinct sexes to the higher apes.

lol. dude are you fucking autistic? the fact that you even need to ask that question is absolutely insane. In case you aren't a troll and you're that socially retarded, women are not chattel property. They are autonomous beings with their own free agency. You just taking them "like a caveman" is a violation of their rights as human beings. And since you wanted the biological explanation, I'm sorry to break it to you but its the women that select the mates, from the lowest animals with distinct sexes to the higher apes.

LOL! LMAO! YEAH, "DUDE," I AM FUCKING AUTISTIC DUDE! RETARDED TOO! DUDE!  LOL AND LMAO AND GTFO!

DUDE! :)

DID I SAY "DUDE" YET?

DUDDDDDDDDE!

So I'll go out on a limb and give you the benefit of the doubt that there is some confusion about the intent of your question. If the intent is to ask whether or not we as a species do have this natural base instinct, and if so, what should we do about it to overcome it, since as KFD so eloquently stated, we as civilized people have the ability to reason, then that is a discussion that we can have as mature adults. But if the intent is to simply seek validation for rape fantasies by rationalizing them through bro science, you're outta luck.