a self-restrained FA and his foodee wife (comparison pic on Pg.5!)

scissortooth

58 minutes ago, lafan101 said:

Hey man. Amazing thread. So detailed and concise! 

Any updates?

Hey, thanks. I haven't updated it in a while indeed... Partially because I was taking a break from all kinds of fetishy stuff, long story, but I'm sort of back.

Anyway, as for the update... Last time I my wife told me her weight it was 97 kg (214 lbs) - I think it was still last year. She has been sort of on and off a very mild diet around that time, basically aiming more at not overeating and sticking to complex carbs to minimise her cravings. She DID expect to lose weight on it, though, but it barely happened. I mean, after 3 or so months of restrictions she lost like 1 pound. And it did not improve any of her other issues (her periods remain irregular and she still gets cravings if she has a longer break between meals) so in the end she got severely demotivated. But she stuck to most of the restrictions anyway, to prevent presumptive gain. We had a rougher patch back then, a bit of a relationship crisis, nothing severe but we were both in bad moods and we were more distant to each other than usual. I'm not sure how it would end if we didn't have our kid to bind us, but on the other hand some of the issues leading to this crisis were related to our lives changing a good bit after he was born. Anyway, all turned out well so far and we're back on the right track.

But, back to wife's weight... I have no idea what it is nowadays but I guess she must have gained at least a bit because I think she mentioned when I told her that I lost a few pounds (due to bad mood and stress) that she can't get it how I can eat the kind of meals I eat and still lose while she restricts herself and ends up gaining. Also, I'm not 100% certain but I think she got squishier. I would venture a guess that she is somewhere between 97 and 100 kg (214-200 lbs) now as I suppose she would be more upset if she crossed the 100 kg mark again.

From February to mid April she was sort of undecided, on one day she would be ok with having a big dinner and then having snacks after supper for watching some series, on another she would restrict herself to small dinner and small supper and snacks banned. During that time she did mention a few times that dieting is pointless since she barely loses weight and ends up regaining it. And that so far the restrictions, like I mentioned before, have not given her any positives. Then, at the end of April two things happened. She started to eat a little more, then she started exercising (sort of mild to moderate fitness training 5 days a week), and that led her to eating even more. It's only 2-3 weeks since that started but she's definitely eating more. Her mood has also improved a lot and when I asked about it, she told me she is done with dieting and she decided to eat "normally" but instead get more fit. She said openly she is not exercising to lose weight but to feel better. And so far it works. She feels better both physically and mentally and I highly doubt she will lose any weight from it. Her dinners remains more or less the same, but breakfast and suppers are 25-50% bigger, we order pizza more often, and we have snacks after supper more often. I told her I like that change of attitude and she told me she no longer expects or wants to lose any weight and if she is going to get pregnant again she might need extra muscle strength to carry extra pounds (though during the last one she ended up gaining only around 10 lbs (compared taking a month before getting pregnant and a month after delivery)). Another reasons she gave up diets I think was the fact that she was forced to start taking anti-allergy meds for her skin problems and they both made her a bit more hungry and a bit more sleepy. A frequent occurrence as far as I know. She now keeps taking them all the time as when she stops the problems go back, so this effect is going to stay. Perhaps this is also why she decided she needs more strength to support presumptive gain plus to stay/get more fit while getting fatter.

All in all, we plan on getting back to trying to get her pregnant after the virus madness normalises a bit so I hope that this time she will let herself go a bit more in pregnancy. And that she will gain some before it even happens - which is sort of likely because she will need some hormonal support with her irregular periods and last time this contributed to some gain as well. During pregnancy she will be off the allergy pills probably but pregnancy is pro-gain in itself, so... All in all, I try not to get my expectations too high, but I hope she will at least get into 100kg territory first and then maybe even get back to her top weight so far (111-112 kg / 243-245 lbs). Except the last time a lot of it was water weight, this time I hope it to be pure sweet here-to-stay fat (and perhaps some muscle to carry it ;)). Ideally, I'd love her to end up in 130-150kg (285-330 lbs) range, but that's definitely a far reaching wish. Although if she did end up back at around 250 lbs a year after pregnancy and we did try for the 3rd kid, there is SOME possibility of that happening, at least in the lower end of that spectrum.

So, as you can see, not a big change since the last update, but some developments are promising. I just hope the exercising won't speed up her metabolism to the point of her starting to lose weight... It's unlikely with her tendencies and it's also possible she won't keep exercising so regularly later on (she is not big fan of exercising), but one can never be sure. Worst case scenario perhaps she will start enjoying her curves more with a better mood and feeling more fit. But I sure would prepare her improved mood and fitness with some more chub added ;).

to a point i like that update a lot. because it is real and it reflect some of the daily issues that most of us have around here. there is life, marriage, parenting, health and the fetish of course. my case is somewhat similar. this virus messes up things, would love to see my wife gaining more but in a happier way, etc... thanks for sharing, curvage is a great place for that. 

As of now she continues her exercise regimen, which is an hour a day from Monday to Friday. Still no idea about weight. Subjectively, I think her face got fatter and her belly feels squishier and not only on the lower roll but all over, from the top one to the bottom one. I need to pay more attention to how her clothes fit.

As for eating habits, let's just say the former were like this:

Breakfast - 2 open sandwiches, dinner - hard to quantify so let's just say normal, occasional tiny dessert, supper - 2 open sandwiches, evening snack when watching series - 1x per week

And the present ones are like that:

Breakfast - 3 open sandwiches,  dinner - still normal, I think mostly because we usually eat it either with her or my parents, near-obligatory dessert ranging from 2 chocolate pieces to a piece of cake + 2 chocolate pieces, supper - 3 open sandwiches, evening snack when watching series - 3-4x per week, plus she snacks randomly sometimes, some peanuts, a cookie, leftover cake... It's not frequent but it happens.

Also, we order food more often and then it's always bigger than usual meal. Like, a pizza for supper. Always a large one for the two of us and I try to pick larger pieces for her ;).

And today, her request, I've just ordered dinner which is going to be kebap. For me it's a big one but in a wrap, whereas hers is going to be also a big one, but in a sort of bread pocket - it has to be basically 2x/3x the carbs of that wrap of mine.

Also, I haven't heard a thing from her about eating "too much" for a while, which was commonplace even during the previous "regimen". She said that very often we had a snack or pizza or larger dinner. And now she just eats that half pizza for supper or some extra snack, and the only thing she says is stuff like "I know it's a lot but it's just too tasty".

Geez, I SO hope this will last. Gain is gain, but she's just so pleasantly relaxed about herself now... Also, I think she started enjoy it more when I admire her big curves. Earlier on it was just "don't size me up like that", "you can stop staring, I know I'm fat", now she often just smiles in this sort of shy/naughty way.

I can't help but be a bit anxious about what is going to happen if/once she will be forced to buy clothes a size larger. If it coincided with pregnancy I guess we could brush it off more easily, but if not... Well, I did hear women sometimes become more relaxed after 30 and especially if they feel secure in their relationship, so I wouldn't mind if this applied to her. I mean, seriously, she couldn't be in a more secure relationship.

• 2 months later...

Well, it's official - wife is back to 100 kg. Or at least that 's what she wrote in her data in her fitness app (and that app allows providing precise weight, not rounded values). I was helping her set it up and noticed the value. Also, judging for what she is saying, she is aware that he gets bigger in spite of exercising but she just summarised that she's "unlikely to ever get any slimmer" and that she just cares more about feeling well now. 

She literally asks me for big suppers on exercise days so I suppose her attitude has truly changed. 

Also, she will likely be back to getting fertility treatment soon and that should provide some extra gain/appetite momentum. And then there is the matter the hopeful outcome of that, that is, next pregnancy. 

Wife today while I'm doing breakfast (scrambled eggs): "Give me just one slice of bread with it, I need to cut the carbs"

Wife today at 7 PM before supper: "How about we order pizza?"

Also, I gladly gave her that single slice of bread for breakfast. Even better, I gave her less of the scrambled eggs than I had. Why? Because 1. I knew such small breakfast will make her hungrier later 2. Small breakfast and large supper is somewhere on the top of the "what not to do if you want to lose weight" list ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I got her a fitness band not long ago after she started her exercising regimen. She told me yesterday: "you know, my app shows that I'm having my PAI (physical activity indicator, IIRC) higher than 95% of other users, and at the same time it tells me my weight is higher than 95% of other users". I tell her "see, you're likely going to be in better shape than those 95% weighing less than you". And she agreed. Not likely to start losing it intentionally, it seems. Especially since she keeps noticing herself that her weight has really little to do with the health problems she's been experiencing in the past (and some still now). 

As far as I can tell, she is not losing any weight, maybe even quite the opposite. I've been making sure she gets a little bit of extra calories by giving her more butter or spreads in her sandwiches. Butter is just lovely for that - a block has 200 g and 100 g is at least 700 kcal. Now, imagine we are usually going through at least 100 g a day, and 2/3 of this is her portion (I use it much more sparingly). Assuming that the portion I get is, sort of, standard, she get  an extra one , which means at least 250 extra calories solely from this extra butter, and on some days I think it's easily extra 400 kcal. That itself is probably enough to counter any extra burn she might get from exercise.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, guys, we're officially back to trying to get wifey pregnant for the 2nd time. The downside? In spite of previous declarations, she decided to switch to a more protein-heavy diet with less calories to boost her chances. Which may mean some weight loss but she will stop it once I knock her up so wish me effectiveness :P. The upside? She will be once again on hormonal boost which likely means she will get even more bottom heavy. Also, she starts this attempt at 100 kg (if not more) instead of 89 kg she had the last time and with a different attitude towards her weight and health (which may additionally benefit from extra relaxation once pregnancy happy hormones kick in). The baby comes first obviously but I would sure love to see my wife baloon up while she becomes mom for the 2nd time... Would love to see her end the pregnancy with a whooping 120 kg or so and snatch up 10 more during the subsequent year (thanks to cravings caused by limited slip and/or nursing), but that's more of a hope rather than a realistic scenario :P.

When telling me about the "supportive" diet idea she also told me that because she got "liberal" with eating white carbs in recent months, this had a major impact on her weight. She said something along the lines of "other people eat like that and gain nothing or barely at all, while I blow up like crazy". I wonder if it means that she is heavier than I thought, but like I said above, I will have to learn it around at some point. Asking directly would be a bad idea in case of my wife.

All in all, wish me a healthy second kid and a 120kg+ wife :D.

• 2 weeks later...

@scissortooth best of luck on making another baby. Hope everything works out great and you get an even bigger wife out of the deal. Word of caution, i have a friend who just had a baby two months ago. She was baking and eating like crazy at the beginning but got gestational diabetes and had to be on a super strict diet the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Post baby she us thinner than before the pregnancy 

My wife had bad morning sickness with all three of mine. Lost weight but gained in the 2nd & 3rd. She hasn't had any issues. Everyone is different but just be careful you dont push the feeding to hard too soon.

On 9/17/2020 at 7:44 PM, oatmeal said:

@scissortooth best of luck on making another baby. Hope everything works out great and you get an even bigger wife out of the deal. Word of caution, i have a friend who just had a baby two months ago. She was baking and eating like crazy at the beginning but got gestational diabetes and had to be on a super strict diet the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. Post baby she us thinner than before the pregnancy 

My wife had bad morning sickness with all three of mine. Lost weight but gained in the 2nd & 3rd. She hasn't had any issues. Everyone is different but just be careful you dont push the feeding to hard too soon.

I couldn't "push the feeding" anyway :). My bet was that wife will stop the exercising for the pregnancy time but keep the habits. Unfortunately that won't be the case. She stopped exercising already but also went on a low glycemix index diet. She told me recently she got up to 103 kg (226 lbs) but already a week affter adopting the diet she lost 1.5 kg (3 lbs). She was hoping it would continue but that also coincided with her going on a pill to have her cycle regulated so it's quite likely that she just lost the water weight she was retaining through being in a state of permanent cycle-end PMS. Or at least that's what I'm hoping :D. Once she gets her first period (they got so irregular that she didnt have one in over 6 months) the fertility boosting meds will be in, the pill is off and I can go do my work ;). If she will be losing weight now, I hope I will get her pregnant quick enough that she can't lose much. And then in pregnancy she won't be trying to lose as it's not recommended and I will do my best to take advantage of any cravings she might have. All in all, she will be starting this pregnancy even 12-13 kg (24-26 lbs) heavier than the previous one, and statistics say that in most cases the heavier the you start, the more you gain. Also, she ALWAYS gets back to her standard eating habits (which are not bad but do end up with her gaining) after a while of diet, so I just need to wait :).

• 7 months later...

Whoa, didn't update in a while. Not that there is that much to update about, but in recent months wife DEFINITELY gained weight. I'm just not sure how much. I can feel it, it shows in her face and she has been complaining about "not being able to keep her weight in check" between having an occasional pizza for supper or a bowl of crisps after the "normal" supper. Would love to find out her exact weight but she didn't tell me and I'm not asking, as we have a past history about her getting annoyed with me being too focused on numbers :P . The thing is, we've been trying for the 2nd kid but no luck so far because of her hormonal issues. She's been taking some fertility boosting meds and some of them are said to have side effects such as weigh gain or tendency to eat more, while at the same time with her condition it is often the case that a small weight loss boosts fertility too (something about switching the body to burn instead of store causes it AFAIK). Anyway, she now wants to take advantage of that latter effect so she ordered a meal plan from a dietician. It is now in preparation. And guess what my wife is doing in the meantime? Basically, enjoying her "last days of food freedom". "Last" being a small exaggeration here, because I'm quite sure she ends up dropping it at some point once it's no longer necessary for the pregnancy. But anyway... She is waiting to get the meal plan and in the meantime she basically does everything to get more weight to lose :P. Snacking, asking me for an extra sandwich, big takeouts for dinner, pizza for supper... I'm starting to think that it's a good measure of whether your SO is actually going to lose any weight in the long run. Namely: if you treat diet as something to survive through and you treat it as the end of your normal life, you won't end up losing weight. Same is if you drop your diet just because you failed to adhere to it for a day or a few. Women (or, generally, people) with that kind of approach are guaranteed not to lose anything, not lose much, or even yoyo up to higher than they were before. 

Also, the funny  thing is that I myself actually went on a diet. Sort of. I basically went for 16-8 intermittent fasting. I expected her to jump on the wagon and, say, do not eat supper too or eat a tiny one only, considering how she usually prefers not to eat alone. Instead, she just increased the size of her meals together with me within my eating window from 8 AM to 4 PM, but keeps eating "normally" outside of it. So she basically upped her calorie intake in practice. Go figure :D Obviously, once the meal plan appears that will no longer be the case, but the question is - for how long? My hope is that the surgery (and perhaps the diet) will fix things quick and I will make her pregnant again before she manages to lose anything more than a couple of pounds. 3.5 years after first pregnancy started she is around 30 lbs heavier and almost back to her top weight  (10 lbs short if my assumptions are correct), so I think it might not be too crazy to expect her to end up that much bigger (or more!) after the next such period, considering how it reportedly is even more difficult to shed pregnancy weight if you start at a higher weight.

TL;DR: Just give me my mom-of-2, 250+ lbs wife already! 😜

Well, all good things come to an end :D. At least temporarily. She got the meal plan and has been sticking to it so far, although she confessed on multiple occasions that while is not going hungry, she keeps thinking of having something more "standard". Today she has her surgery and I just dropped her off at the clinic and I'm now sitting at home and keeping my fingers crossed. I'm curious what effect the surgery will have, as it is supposed to not only help with pregnancy but fix her hormonal problems to some degree too - which may also have an impact on her weight in some way. Also, perhaps it will also stabilise her mood a bit more. There's a lot of question marks here so only time will tell.