Transgender-ism acceptance, fat admiration, and paedophiles

Sons of Windsor

Does it bother anyone else that the FA movement is widely condemned for being unhealthy, lazy, and bordering on self-harm, while the transgender movement is becoming culturally more recognizable? Given that some western countries have 60% obesity rates, while the population of transgenders languishes around 0.1%, is that fair?

Personally, I think it's political correctness that has helped transgenderism flourish. I don't mean to sound like a dick - I really don't - but I don't see how transgenerism isn't a mental disorder, or illness. It specifically states on the British NHS website that it isn't, but then again it fits the definition of a mental illness (according to the OED) perfectly. Paedophilia is a recognised mental illness. But both paedophiles and transgenders could be considered to be 'all there', or 'sane', except for the defining taboo in all of them. Why one and not the other? Is it because paedophilia has extremely negative (and rightly so) connotations to it?

But I digress.

I don't see why people are fat shamed, when some people are proud of their bodies and love it that way. Especially when it's considered okay to pander to the delusions of males who think they are really female - who go on to then mutilate themselves and pump their bodies full of estrogen, assuming that to be just as solid as having a womb, the ability to birth a child, and Fallopian tubes. 

Again, I know it comes off as strong. I don't mean to sound like an A-hole, but these questions genuinely intrigue me, and I'd probably be attacked if I uttered them on the street. 

What the fuck is wrong with you? Guess what, people experience their gender fucking differently than you do bro. No one is mutilating their body. These fucking issues are unrelated. A lot of people in this "community " need to fuck off with their LGBT comparisons. The "FA movement" isn't condemned because it does not exist, like your big girls, have a spine and ease the fuck on down the road. People of color and women have no problem openly  being attracted to larger people, its just you straight white dudes who cant fucking hang.

A lot of people in this "community " need to fuck off with their LGBT comparisons.

I sort of agree with this, but it doesn't mean he can't ask any questions.

Anyway, it's somewhat true that sex change operations can present health risks, perhaps on par with obesity (although both are too nebulous to really quantify). Obesity, however, can be 'fixed' whereas both physical changes and the underlying mental dissonance of transgenderism is with you for life. So as with above, I find the comparison between the two to be irksome.

Transgenderism is also more than just a sexual fetish. Although I would actually argue, having been in this community for some years now, that a lot of feedees do show characteristics of dysmorphia that are comparable to transgender people. That fact is probably under-appreciated by the rest of the world, because (unlike with transgenderism) feedists can hide the fact that what they do is intentional.

Also, there's a big difference between just any old fat person, and a fat fetishist. Yes, many people are overweight, but most of them don't like being that way. They have, somewhat understandably, no desire to celebrate it or strive for 'more acceptance'. So its only the die-hard feedists who can really be compared, even loosely. And they're not very numerous.

As for being a 'mental disorder', it's just semantics. Being left-handed was a mental disorder once. There's no actual biological reason that one sexual practice be a disorder and another not, aside from how unpopular or immoral it is.

Guest An Optimist

Transgenderism is also more than just a sexual fetish.

It's a mix of both. Some people are apparently genuinely born with wrong body image in their brain which causes the gender dysphoria. Others contribute to their gender dysphoria through having a transsexual fetish. Ultimately, the fetish apparently causes them to get the gender dysphoria. These are the ones who don't seek the sex change surgery as soon as possible but in their middle age and later. They also are very likely to have ordinary male interests... not female ones which are typically seen in the early transitioners.

Ugh. what is a "male interest" and how does suffering and struggling with you identity make you a fetishist? Just ugh. Sorry if I am being overly aggressive here but it is important to get this shit right.

It's late here and I'm sleepy so this might not be the best article on the subject, but should be interesting nonetheless.

http://animalwise.org/2012/01/26/born-this-way-gender-based-toy-preferences-in-primates/

"The results closely paralleled those found in human children. As with human boys, male rhesus monkeys clearly preferred wheeled toys over plush toys, interacting significantly more frequently and for long durations with the wheeled toys. Also mirroring human behavior, female rhesus monkeys were less specialized, playing with both plush and wheeled toys and not exhibiting significant preferences for one type over the other."

It's a complex topic and I don't want to get into it at this hour, just supplying some food for thought on what is deemed “masculine” or a "male interest" by the scientific community - the guys who spend their lives actually studying this topic.

I find the comparison between the two to be irksome.

I'm not so sure the OP was really trying to make a relation between the two. I think what's trying to be conveyed here is a frustration with how the two ... erm.... conditions(?) are perceived by the public & media. Larger people & even the size acceptance movement is still a punching bag and the brunt end of many jokes, while saying anything even remotely controversial about the LGBT community is considered to be taboo and often evokes hostile responses- as has been demonstrated in this very thread.

Guest An Optimist

Ugh. what is a "male interest" and how does suffering and struggling with you identity make you a fetishist? Just ugh. Sorry if I am being overly aggressive here but it is important to get this shit right.

Backwards you have got it.

Truly dedicated fetishists, who start out at puberty as straight males, may eventually get gender dysphoria from getting off on the vision of themselves as women for too long. Initially, the only struggle they have with their identity is that they might be worried about getting off on such weird shit.

Gay males with gender dysphoria generally don't get off on transsexual fantasies, and have gender dysphoria from the start.

If you ask me, I think the hostility fat people experience may come from a very primitive level, I mean, stuff similar to what makes boys pick up different toys than girls. In our primitive days a fat member of a group could be either seen as someone who fucks up resource management by eating more than the rest or experience jealousy of other group members due to being well-fed and secured against short-term food deficiencies. And there's also the thing with fat males being less agile and of less help when hunting. And as one scientist once said, our brains barely keep up with civilization development and our bodies just don't. I think most people are still stuck with inborn instincts we had when chasing antelopes on savannah a million years ago...

"The number of transgender people murdered in the U.S. this year is at a historic high of 15, activists say — with over four months still to go"

Trans people get murdered for being trans. FA's maybe get made fun of. It's offensive to compare the two.

What this guy said. Who cares if fat jokes exist, they aren't harmful in the same way that gender-based ones are, unless used in a personal, bullying context obviously. The complexities of the two demographics are vastly different, with FA's on the shallow side.

Guest An Optimist

If you ask me, I think the hostility fat people experience may come from a very primitive level, I mean, stuff similar to what makes boys pick up different toys than girls. In our primitive days a fat member of a group could be either seen as someone who fucks up resource management by eating more than the rest or experience jealousy of other group members due to being well-fed and secured against short-term food deficiencies. And there's also the thing with fat males being less agile and of less help when hunting. And as one scientist once said, our brains barely keep up with civilization development and our bodies just don't. I think most people are still stuck with inborn instincts we had when chasing antelopes on savannah a million years ago...

This is what some people have pushed, but it's actually utter BS mostly.

Evolution did speed up with the invention of agriculture. It sped up quite a lot. Under proper conditions, humans can evolve a lot in a thousand years.

However, some things don't change so easily, especially if there is no reason why they should change. If in our pre-historic past X evolved and in our agricultural history X was not lowering fitness and thus surviving children, X is there to stay.

Trans people get murdered for being trans. FA's maybe get made fun of. It's offensive to compare the two.

The cumulative loss of person-years due to the obesity epidemic is probably on the order of 300,000 dead per year in the US alone.

The cumulative loss of person-years due to the obesity epidemic is probably on the order of 300,000 dead per year in the US alone.

He's comparing the amount of social backlash (which also goes against you claim that it's more accepted than fat fetishism), not the health implications. Last I checked fat people aren't murdered by intolerant bigots for simply being fat, or liking being fat.

It's pretty disturbing if you can't see the difference between the two.

Oh, wise one, please educate us on how you calculate person-years.

Making up statistics is dumb.

Guest An Optimist

He's comparing the amount of social backlash (which also goes against you claim that it's more accepted than fat fetishism), not the health implications. Last I checked fat people aren't murdered by intolerant bigots for simply being fat, or liking being fat.

It's pretty disturbing if you can't see the difference between the two.

A death is a death, no?

Does it bother anyone else that the FA movement is widely condemned for being unhealthy, lazy, and bordering on self-harm, while the transgender movement is becoming culturally more recognizable? Given that some western countries have 60% obesity rates, while the population of transgenders languishes around 0.1%, is that fair?

Personally, I think it's political correctness that has helped transgenderism flourish. I don't mean to sound like a dick - I really don't - but I don't see how transgenerism isn't a mental disorder, or illness. It specifically states on the British NHS website that it isn't, but then again it fits the definition of a mental illness (according to the OED) perfectly. Paedophilia is a recognised mental illness. But both paedophiles and transgenders could be considered to be 'all there', or 'sane', except for the defining taboo in all of them. Why one and not the other? Is it because paedophilia has extremely negative (and rightly so) connotations to it?

But I digress.

I don't see why people are fat shamed, when some people are proud of their bodies and love it that way. Especially when it's considered okay to pander to the delusions of males who think they are really female - who go on to then mutilate themselves and pump their bodies full of estrogen, assuming that to be just as solid as having a womb, the ability to birth a child, and Fallopian tubes. 

Again, I know it comes off as strong. I don't mean to sound like an A-hole, but these questions genuinely intrigue me, and I'd probably be attacked if I uttered them on the street.

Transgenderism appears to be the 'movement' of the moment that people who have a desire to express righteous indignation towards those who aren't a part of the current 'movement.'  Many so called advocates are not Transgenders themselves but just want to join the mob and vilify anyone who doesn't express total support.  No matter how strongly you express your opinion it is your right to feel the way you do about transgenderism.  Some of your questions/opinions are valid.  Having said that it is also other peoples right not to be a part of the fat acceptance 'movement' if they so choose.  You seem to be consumed with getting universal acceptance and approval which you shouldn't be seeking.  It seems like every movement wants to force people to accept their views which I think is wrong.........

Guest An Optimist

Transgenders are murdered by others because of who they are, fat people die of "natural causes" because of the inherent danger in being fat.

Personally, I'd prefer to be murdered than die because of a crippling, chronic disease. The number of lost person/years due to people being gluttonous is quite great.

In regards to transphobia, the problem there is going against human nature. People are assholes, and transgender folk either can't be easily recognized or are uncanny valley denizens. I don't see transphobic murders as anything specially worthy of condemnation. Nor are they that common. 13 per year in the US, from a population of  80,000 is a lot. But  black men  have a higher chance of contracting acute lead poisoning(34 per 100k per year). Seems like another white ploy to shift attention from the fact that black lives matter..

"The number of transgender people murdered in the U.S. this year is at a historic high of 15, activists say — with over four months still to go"

Forgive me but is it proven that those murders were specifically because the victim was trans? Is the murder rate for trans people higher than for the general population? Otherwise it's a meaningless statistic.

Guest primitive

Forgive me but is it proven that those murders were specifically because the victim was trans? Is the murder rate for trans people higher than for the general population? Otherwise it's a meaningless statistic.

Yes and yes, with a side of "fucking duh."

Also, wow. Equating the fact that you're slightly embarrassed to admit that you like fat chicks with a proven medical condition (gender dysphoria) that immediately makes you a target of hate and physical abuse from fine gentlemen like yourselves.

Stay classy, curvage.

Guest An Optimist

If random black dudes have a higher chance of getting killed than transsexuals, does it really follow that transphobia is a huge problem?

What the fuck is wrong with you? Guess what, people experience their gender fucking differently than you do bro. No one is mutilating their body. These fucking issues are unrelated. A lot of people in this "community " need to fuck off with their LGBT comparisons. The "FA movement" isn't condemned because it does not exist, like your big girls, have a spine and ease the fuck on down the road. People of color and women have no problem openly  being attracted to larger people, its just you straight white dudes who cant fucking hang.

Wow, way to be all 'accepting' and what not with the whole aggressive attack and language. Ya' know what? Fuck you.

I get where this guy is coming from, and it's a very real mother-fucking thought. Real talk shithead.

You wanna debate a grown ass adult man cutting off his male genitalia at age 50 after fathering a family and raising them because 'he's always felt like a woman' and tell me that is not the definition of multiple identity disorder, schizophrenia, or some other mental disorder?

Real talk.

It's not politically correct in this day and age to call it like it is. Ya' know you got to pretty it up for the inner-sociopaths so they don't get all butt hurt when you tell them like it is.

You wanna debate a grown ass adult man cutting off his male genitalia at age 50 after fathering a family and raising them because 'he's always felt like a woman' and tell me that is not the definition of multiple identity disorder, schizophrenia, or some other mental disorder?

It's not a mental disorder. And who said anything about cutting dicks off?