Suggestions for Curvage 2.0

Guest Gainertrainer

I've posted this in the other thread but for continuity,here goes:

He has already mentioned that this was a quick fix to give people somewhere to come. It is currently being hosted on the LTC server and so there will be a few restrictions on what can be uploaded. You only have to look at the member numbers already to see the pressure it will be putting on the LTC server.

It is better to hang on few more days/weeks/months before we start requesting tweaks to something which will take a lot of time to rebuild. Rome wasn't built in a day and we are (hopefully) not children so I'm sure we can all wait.

I've posted this in the other thread but for continuity,here goes:

He has already mentioned that this was a quick fix to give people somewhere to come. It is currently being hosted on the LTC server and so there will be a few restrictions on what can be uploaded. You only have to look at the member numbers already to see the pressure it will be putting on the LTC server.

It is better to hang on few more days/weeks/months before we start requesting tweaks to something which will take a lot of time to rebuild. Rome wasn't built in a day and we are (hopefully) not children so I'm sure we can all wait.

Agreed. Also, nowadays there are ways to shrink ppictures without losing any quality..

Guest Logan494

A couple of things I've noticed are, clicking the curvage picture at curvage.org to get you in the the site instead of being forced to click "enter".

Also, is there a setting to get pictures to automatically be show at full size instead of having to click on them? And when you do click on larger pictures, to have the forum adjust to the new size instead of having to scroll left and right to see the whole thing.

The key thing, and I can't stress this enough, is to bring back Curvage Chat.

I'd love to see a chat. I really really would.

What about the Abyss? Will that be part of the Curvage reboot, are pointless OT things just going to be deleted?

KFD

I was wondering if we'd see like a site feedback/issues section. Because having all this in Gen Discussion is a bit unorganized in my opinion.

This thread is good for ideas generation but it is important to remember that SuperJ is the only one able to make changes and it seems like he is a busy chap so patience will be required. Plenty of people are aware of the old format and it sounds like SuperJs plan is to revert to the old format and get everything running again before making any significant changes.

It looks like the current headers are a temporary solution to the inevitable mass panic posting of the fapping starved masses.

we should keep all threads open all the time instead of peroid must have post within 30 days and could result of termination of account  and  instead of creating new ones. this would stop the double threads from happening and if it does mods can move it to the right place. this would be really nice in the celebrities part more then anything

we should keep all threads open all the time instead of peroid must have post within 30 days and could result of termination of account  and  instead of creating new ones. this would stop the double threads from happening and if it does mods can move it to the right place. this would be really nice in the celebrities part more then anything

Isolated "necroposts" should not result in bans, and I don't know if anyone has been banned for that.  The situation before those rules was incredibly annoying to moderate, as well.

This thread is good for ideas generation but it is important to remember that SuperJ is the only one able to make changes and it seems like he is a busy chap so patience will be required. Plenty of people are aware of the old format and it sounds like SuperJs plan is to revert to the old format and get everything running again before making any significant changes.

It looks like the current headers are a temporary solution to the inevitable mass panic posting of the fapping starved masses.

Of course we do know it shall take some time before he's able to get things transferred over to a server that can sufficiently sustain us. =) However just throwing out Ideas is a great way to make better changes to the community we all knew and love as well.

Is everyone else being logged out every hour or so and having to keep logging back in? That's something that's gotta change!

I had that problem too, but after I deleted my cookies everything seems normall now. They could be unrelated though.

Is everyone else being logged out every hour or so and having to keep logging back in? That's something that's gotta change!

I had that problem too, but after I deleted my cookies everything seems normall now. They could be unrelated though.

You just have to click on Login in the tabs (not in the top right hand corner) and set the time for more than 60 minutes, like 6,000 minutes.

I have a suggestion which might help with the hosting costs, maybe don't have such a big attachement allowance, or even have one at all? There's plenty of places to host images yourself, like Dropbox etc. The attachment system was always kind of screwy for me viewing images anyway.

I have a suggestion which might help with the hosting costs, maybe don't have such a big attachement allowance, or even have one at all? There's plenty of places to host images yourself, like Dropbox etc. The attachment system was always kind of screwy for me viewing images anyway.

The attachment feature was what made Curvage what it was. I could myself host pics on another site, but that isn't as time effective for me either, and not as convenient for others as well. I don't want to always password protect my albums for fear of other people finding it other than my intended audience which is in fact Curvage. I know after that others can spread it, but Curvage is where I intend for people to go to first. 

Of course we do know it shall take some time before he's able to get things transferred over to a server that can sufficiently sustain us. =) However just throwing out Ideas is a great way to make better changes to the community we all knew and love as well.

Curvage.co was built from second one to rock with the full load of curvage.  No band-aids were used. I have zero configuration issues. The only thing that may need optimization still is MySQL. I also have loads of storage. Only possible upgrade this server will need is RAM.  I personally don't believe in temporary solutions, I would rather fix something once and be done with it. Also, there are no attachement size limits, and I have fixed the security check issue that plauged old curvage.

Curvage.co was built from second one to rock with the full load of curvage.  No band-aids were used. I have zero configuration issues. The only thing that may need optimization still is MySQL. I also have loads of storage. Only possible upgrade this server will need is RAM.  I personally don't believe in temporary solutions, I would rather fix something once and be done with it. Also, there are no attachement size limits, and I have fixed the security check issue that plauged old curvage.

Guys, Mikey did a good job with it. I just checked it out, I really think this split of two sites with the same name and concept is going to do harm, however (Antietam, Gettysburg... Anyone...?). I think that needs to be resolved though...

KFD

Guest Atlya

I think he'd be better renaming curvage.co to something else, and picking a niche to aim the forum at.

Explain something to me: did anyone give superJ the right to use curvage as a brand, over mike?

I think you'd better just shut up while not knowing enough info to make such statements. We'd all better.

I think he'd be better renaming curvage.co to something else, and picking a niche to aim the forum at.

Explain something to me: did anyone give superJ the right to use curvage as a brand, over mike?

I think you'd better just shut up while not knowing enough info to make such statements. We'd all better.

I don't think it's a question of brands. I think it's that this is much more of a continuation of the old curvage.

Trying to have two competing against each other is bad for everyone, hopefully we'd all agree that?