Shine

berserker1

Hi! I just start a new wg project with crazypicklehead2002. He is doing the writing part while I create the illustrations.

I will be dropping here the new chapters as soon as we got them.

Here is CHAPTER 1.

Cheyenne grumbled as she rummaged through the trunk of her silver Honda.  Her firm rear-end, clad in tight cutoff jeans, comically bobbed up and down in the air as she dug for a suitcase which was buried beneath all of her other worldly possessions.  Cheyenne was a thin 19 year-old, although she never had to work very hard to maintain her physique.  A lightning-fast metabolism, coupled with her picky appetite made it easy for her to enjoy herself without worrying about wrecking her figure.  Cheyenne was always a girlie-girl, more interested in fashion and popularity than partying and nightlife.  That’s not to say that she didn’t get invited to those types of gatherings.  In fact, due to her radiant natural beauty, with her shoulder-length blonde locks, creamy white skin, bright green eyes, and perfect smile, Cheyenne was quite popular at her high school. She was even named the homecoming queen in both her junior and senior year.  But now, she was about to be a freshman at a college filled with a thousand other thin, attractive blonde girls, and all of a sudden Cheyenne was in danger of fading into homogenous obscurity.  She pretended not to be bothered by that fact, although it relentlessly lingered in the back of her mind.

With a suitcase in each hand and the strap of a duffel bag crossing over the faded face of the David Bowie t-shirt she was wearing, Cheyenne approached the weather-darkened steps of the apartment building, a sense of foreboding dread growing inside her as she inched closer to the stoop.  A circle of gray clouds above the complex cast a long shadow which seemed to reach out to her like the slow creep of death’s icy fingers.  Unseen crows cawed and the wind howled, emitting a sinister cacophony that seemed to be laughing at her maniacally.  Cheyenne cringed and shivered, then closed her eyes.  Of course, in reality, it was a balmy August morning in Texas.  The sun was beaming and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky, but Cheyenne’s nerves were getting the better of her.  Opening her eyes, the place didn’t really look so bad.  In fact, were it not for the unfortunate situation Cheyenne had managed to put herself in, the apartment complex might have had a rather warm and inviting atmosphere. 

There was another reason Cheyenne’s nerves were on edge, besides the fact that she was about to become a college freshman.  Always the procrastinator, she had waited until the weekend before school started to find a place to stay.  At this point, a dorm room was out of the question.  All of the female and co-ed dorms were full by the time Cheyenne attempted to sign up for one, so she had to resort to alternative methods to find an apartment somewhere near the campus.  Needless to say, pickings were slim.

Craigslist turned out to be infested with weirdos.  One listing seemed perfect, so Cheyenne set up a walkthrough to check the place out.  As soon as her future roommate opened the door wearing a fur-covered pink kitten t-shirt, Cheyenne knew why the room wasn’t already taken.  Cheyenne tallied 23 cats in the tiny apartment before she lost count, after which time she politely thanked the cat girl and quickly made her exit.  Another listing brought Cheyenne to the flat of Yvette and Gustavo; two twenty-somethings who, within the first seven minutes of their meeting, invited Cheyenne to have a ménage à trois with them.  After graciously declining the tempting offer for a three-way with a couple of swingers, Cheyenne decided Craigslist might not be the way to go.  She had nearly decided to give up and just live in her Civic when a handwritten ad posted on a nearby telephone pole caught her eye.  It read simply – LOOKING FOR TENANT.  CHEAP RENT, GOOD ROOMMATES.  CALL 281-555-4566 FOR INQUIRIES. 

Realizing this might literally be her last chance, Cheyenne sighed as she pulled out her phone and hesitantly dialed the number.  A guy’s voice answered:

“Hello?”

“Uhh, hi,” Cheyenne said timidly.  “I was calling about the apartment listing?”

“Wha-- Ohh, right!”  The voice responded, instantly perking up.  “I was about to give up on that ad.  Look, we weren’t expecting a, uh, female tenant, but we’re desperate.  Our other roommate bailed on us and the rent is too high to split only three ways.  As long as you don’t mind living with three dudes, the room is yours.  I promise there won’t be any funny business.  We’re all perfect gentlemen, for the most part.  Do you want to hear a little about the place before you decide?”

“Nope, sounds great!  I’ll take it!”  Cheyenne said, silently hoping she wouldn’t regret such a rash decision.

“Awesome!  When were you thinking of moving in?”

“Well, it’s already pretty late, so how about tomorrow morning?  Maybe 9:00?”

“Perfect.” Said the voice.  “I’m Mason, by the way.”

“I’m Cheyenne, but most people call me Shine.”

“Cool.  Well, Shine, I guess we’ll see you tomorrow morning and you can sign the paperwork and move your stuff in.  I’ll text you the address.” Said Mason.

“Oh my God, you’re a lifesaver, Mason.  Bye.”  Cheyenne said before ending the call.

And now, here she was, standing at the door to the unknown.  Cheyenne took a deep breath and stepped forward to ascend the steps.  Hearing the crunch of leaves behind her, Cheyenne turned to see a tall, muscular black man walking towards her.  He looked to be a year or two older than Cheyenne and was wearing a light blue tank top and black jogging pants.  He was clean-shaven and quite handsome, although not really Cheyenne’s type.

“Need a hand?” He asked, pointing at the suitcases she was holding.

“Uh, sure.  They’re all yours.”  Cheyenne said, startled, as she set the bags down on the concrete.

Without a word, he picked up the two heavy pieces of luggage and quickly darted to the top of the stairs with them as if they were filled with helium.

“Don’t mention it.” He yelled from his new perch as he made a quick descent.  “Here, let me get that one for you, too.”  He grabbed the strap of Cheyenne’s duffel bag, then lifted it gently over her head and rushed it to the top of the stairs before jogging back down the steps once more.  “I’m Felix, by the way.” He said with a huff as he extended his hand.

Cheyenne reached out her own hand and Felix clasped her thin fingers and shook firmly. 

“Thanks again, Felix.  I’m Cheyenne, but everyone calls me Shine.”

“Wait, so you’re that Shine girl Mason told me about last night? Well that explains the baggage!”  Felix laughed. “You’re our new roommate!  Follow me and I’ll show you around.”  He said as he once again bounded up the stairs and picked up all three of Cheyenne’s bags.

“Okie dokie.  Lead the way.”  Cheyenne said with a smile as she started up the steps to join her new roommate/tour guide.

Felix led Cheyenne up three flights of stairs, informing her along the way that the elevator would be out of order for the foreseeable future, ever since Quintin (their third roommate) destroyed it in an epic April Fool’s Day prank earlier that year.

Finally, after a short walk down a dim hallway, Felix suddenly came to a halt.

“Well, here it is.  We used to call it the man cave, but I suppose we’ll have to change it now that you’re here.”  Felix said with a sardonic smirk.

“Oh, you don’t have to change it for my benefit!” Cheyenne said, totally oblivious to Felix’s obvious sarcasm.

“Ohhkay.” Felix laughed, shaking his head.  “Maybe we’ll put it to a vote sometime.”

He opened the door to reveal a surprisingly tidy living room.  The flat was obviously inhabited by guys, with decorations ranging from juvenile at best, to distasteful at worst.  There was a leather couch and loveseat centered around the massive flatscreen TV, with a couple of end-tables between them and a coffee table in the middle of the room which contained several half-crushed beer cans of a domestic variety. The few decorations adorning the mostly bare walls included a few bad movie posters, and a crude painting of what appeared to be a naked woman, which looked like the artist had been on a drunken bender when he/she created it. 

To the right was the small kitchen with a few standard appliances which Cheyenne assumed didn’t receive much use.  On the countertop was an impressive collection of booze in a variety of colorful bottles of varying sizes and shapes.  Cheyenne wasn’t much of a drinker, so there were quite a few brands she didn’t recognize.

Next to the kitchen was an attached dining room which contained a rather large oval-shaped wooden table, on top of which was strewn a complicated-looking board game which Cheyenne had never seen before.  On the wall behind the table was a bookshelf containing a couple of dozen more board games.  Someone in the house was obviously a board game aficionado or collector. 

On the other side of the living room was a ‘T’ shaped hallway which led to each of the four individual bedrooms, and at the end was a door which probably led to a bathroom.  Cheyenne shuddered just thinking about having to share a bathroom with three guys, but she would have to make-do.  The first door on the right was Felix’s room.  He opened the door for just a moment, giving Cheyenne a peek at his small, but adequate living quarters.  Out of the corner of her eye, Cheyenne thought she noticed a bra and a pair of pink women’s panties on the floor by the bed, but Felix closed the door before she could be certain.  Directly across the hall from Felix’s room was Mason’s bedroom.  Felix knocked lightly on the door, but there was no response, so he continued with the tour.  The second door on the right side of the hallway was Quintin’s, which Felix pointed out but made no attempt to approach.

Sensing Cheyenne’s confusion, Felix explained, “Quinns…  Well, we don’t expect him back until midday or so.” 

“And this…” He said, opening the last door on the left, “is your room.”

As soon as the door creaked open, it was like a light from heaven shone down and illuminated everything before them.  Or maybe it was just the sun shining through the open blinds.  Either way, to Cheyenne, it was glorious.  The room was about one and a half times bigger than the other rooms, and had a gigantic bay window that looked out over downtown Austin.

“Speechless, huh?”  Felix said, smiling. 

Cheyenne beamed and nodded silently.

“Yeah, we figured you should have the master bedroom, since you’re, well, a girl and all.  Plus, it has its own bathroom, so you don’t have to share a toilet with a bunch of dirty-ass dudes.” Felix laughed. 

Cheyenne nearly squealed with excitement over this revelation, but managed to hold it together.

Felix continued.  “This was Mason’s room, but he spent all last night moving his stuff next door so you could have this one.  That’s probably why he’s still asleep, actually.  He was up pretty damn late.  Kind of annoying, actually.  With the banging, and the thumping, and the--”  Felix trailed off.

“Aww, that was nice of him.”  Cheyenne said truthfully.

“Yeah, Mason’s a pretty cool guy.  Quinns on the other hand…”

“What?”  Cheyenne asked, puzzled.

“Ahh, nothin’.”  Felix said.  “He’s just British, and really excited to be going to college here in the States.  He parties a little too hard, and is kind of a jerk sometimes when he’s drunk, which is often.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s not a bad guy, he just has some issues with moderation.”

“Ah, gotcha.” Said Cheyenne with a wink and a nod.

“Moderation issues my bloody arse!” yelled a London-tinged voice from the hallway.

“Well, shit.” Said Felix as he turned to face a very angry and disheveled-looking Quintin.

Quintin leaned on the doorjamb and glared at Felix through bloodshot eyes for what seemed like an eternity.  Quinns was short but brawny, with disheveled dirty blonde hair and a face that looked strikingly similar to a young Harrison Ford.  There was silence in the room.  Felix opened his mouth to speak, but before he could form words, a smile appeared on Quintin’s face and he burst into laughter.

“Eh, I’m just fookin’ with ya, mate.”  Quinns laughed again.  “I DO love getting right bladdered!”

“He means drunk,” Felix explained, noticing the confused look on Cheyenne’s face.

Felix took the opportunity to give Quinns a firm punch in his right arm.

“AH, bloody Hell, mate!”  Quinns moaned.  “What was that for?”

“That’s for staring me down, you asshole.”  Felix said, smirking.

“Just havin’ a laugh, sheesh.  That’s gonna bruise, ya wanker.”  Quinns said, rubbing his arm. 

“I’m Quinns, by the way.”  He said, nodding his head towards Cheyenne.

“Cheyenne, but everyone calls me Shine.”

“Shine?  That’s a bit weird, innit?”  Quinns said as inoffensively as possible.

“It came from my three year old niece.”  Cheyenne explained.  “She couldn’t really pronounce Cheyenne, so it always came out as ‘Shine’.  My sister liked the nickname and eventually it just kind of stuck.”

“Right.  That’s…”  Felix and Cheyenne waited for several moments for Quinns to finish his thought, before he apparently gave up on it and just moved on to the next one.

“Well, Shine. Felix. I’m off to bed for the next year or two.  Don’t wake me or I’ll fookin’ end ya.”

With that, Quinns shambled to his room and shut the door behind him.

“So, that’s Quinns.” Said Felix, feigning a scowl.

“He doesn’t seem so bad.”  Said Cheyenne.

“Keep in mind that he was just hungover, not drunk.”  Felix said. 

Cheyenne shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

“But anyways, let’s get your stuff moved up so you can start unpacking.”

Two hours later, all of Cheyenne’s belongings had been transferred from her car into her new room, and she was left alone to begin unpacking.  She could hear the faint snoring from Quinns’ room across the hall, so she quietly pushed her door closed.

Thankfully, the room already contained a chest of drawers, a desk, and a queen bed, since Cheyenne didn’t have room in her car for any furniture.  Once she had enough of her stuff unpacked that she could actually stand to stay the night, Cheyenne sat on the bed and observed her progress. 

“Not bad.”  She thought to herself.  “Still needs a lot of work, but I can live with this.”

Her thoughts were disturbed by a knock on the door.

“Uhh, who is it?”  Cheyenne asked in a startled tone.

“It’s Felix.  Just letting you know that it’s dinner time.  We’re having pizza.”

“Holy shit.  Did I really work for that long?”  Cheyenne said quietly, grabbing her phone to check the time.

The phone display sprang to life, showing that the current time was, in fact, 6:08 pm.

“Six hours, and this is all I’ve accomplished?  I’m glad I’m majoring in fashion design and not interior decorating.”  Cheyenne laughed to hide her slight disappointment in her abilities.

Entering the living room, Cheyenne was overwhelmed by the aroma of cured meats and marinara sauce, and the shrill voices of Mario and Luigi coming from the TV.  Quinns and Felix were sitting on the couch, cussing loudly at each other and madly mashing buttons on the game controllers in their hands.  Cheyenne’s eyes wandered to the kitchen, where several open pizza boxes littered the countertops, and in front of them stood the only roommate she had yet to meet – Mason.

Mason was a little taller than Felix, but not quite as muscular.  He was slightly lanky, although Cheyenne could tell he still worked out on a fairly regular basis.  His hair was cut short, almost buzzed, and was dark brown.  He had an angular jawline that gave him a very Superman-like quality, and he wore thick black framed glasses that further strengthened his Clark Kent persona.  Before she knew it, Cheyenne had wandered over and was standing right next to him.

“We meet at last, assuming you’re Shine.”  He said, looking up from the slice of pepperoni he’d just picked up.

“Yep, that’s me.  And you must be Mason.”  Cheyenne said coyly.

“The one and only.” Mason responded.  “Love the shirt, by the way.  Bowie is classic.”

Cheyenne looked down at her chest, regretting that she’d decided to wear such shabby clothes for moving day.

“Oh, yeah.  My dad gave me a bunch of his old band shirts.  He’s a huge classic rock fan, so I was kind of indoctrinated to like the oldies from a young age.”

“Hey, nothing wrong with that.”  Said Mason smiling.  “They call it ‘classic’ rock for a reason.  This new stuff can’t hold a candle to The Stones or Zep in their prime.”

“Totally!” Cheyenne smiled and giggled.  She was already smitten by Mason’s good looks, and now her attraction was bolstered by a common interest.

“Go on, grab a slice.  Don’t be shy.”  Mason said, smiling.  “It’s on me.  I always buy dinner for the new guy on the first night.” 

“Oh, uh…  I’m really not very hungry.”  Cheyenne said, not being particularly fond of pizza.

“Not hungry?  Seriously?  I know you skipped lunch, so you must be a little peckish.”  Mason prodded playfully.  “Come on, just one piece.  I bought extra just for you.  It’d be rude to let it go to waste.”

“Ok, maybe just one piece.”  Cheyenne sighed as she grabbed a plate.

-------------------

Will continue...  ;)

Check our DA's account for more content like this right here:

http://crazypicklehead2002.deviantart.com/

http://berserker1133.deviantart.com/

post-1413-14513620661581_thumb.jpg

Rather unique set up, and your art is fantastic as always. I do hope that it isn't as predictable as it seems and Mason isn't immediately going to fawn over her new weight and reveal he's "always liked big chicks". I digress, your not the type for those sort of stories anyways unfortunately, but I will always look forward to new berserker art and weight gain stories  ;D

Thank all of you guys for the comments! I feel preatty excited about this project. The next chapter is almost finished, it will be up in a day or two.

Rather unique set up, and your art is fantastic as always. I do hope that it isn't as predictable as it seems and Mason isn't immediately going to fawn over her new weight and reveal he's "always liked big chicks". I digress, your not the type for those sort of stories anyways unfortunately, but I will always look forward to new berserker art and weight gain stories  ;D

Thanks for your words Watashi.

Although, I must say that this is a wg story, its predictable as you know since the very beginning that *spoiler alert* Shine will gain weight */spoiler alert*. If you are looking for drammatic plot twists or a very complex story, I recommend you to watch David Lynch or Ghost in the shell movies. ;)

A good wg gain story is the one that is well written and the characters are well defined. The only important thing is how the story is told, you are not gonna invent nothing new that ancient greeks didn't think about.

The rest of things about a story lie in the personal preference territory (some like fantastic/sci-fi stories, others prefer humilliation, others enjoy very much the display of weight numbers, etc).

Regards!!! ;)

Well you chose two great examples from other media so I can't say too much wrong about what you've said, however I think that 'unpredictable' doesn't exactly mean I expect our main character to be an android and have to worry about her raison d'etre or whatever, it's more that the reader shouldn't know how everything is going to go from the onset of the story. If it's a weight gain story then there is going to be weight gain, simple. Yet this doesn't mean I should have a complete read on what the characters are going to do for the rest of the story. A good example of this are the stories written by flaming-hades, where you can expect weight gain (and whatever other fetishes there might be in that story) yet you won't know what is going to happen before it happens, ala the whole "ahh I'm gaining weight, but luckily I'm going to be comforted by Mr.Self Insert over here, Mason. Turns out he has always like fat chicks all along and I can completely and without any doubt accept my new body as it is without any sort of character conflict leading to growth ahahahahaha..."prediction I have about this.

Feel free to prove me wrong but really, there are tons of quality WG stories out there, why not try and differentiate yours from the others somehow, if you have the chance to.

You just don't get it. What you find boring, predictable or classical it may be what others are looking for in a story (me, for example!!). Period. That doesn't make a story good or bad. You have tons of examples in books, movies or tv shows where yo can trace a line from the beginning to the end and guess what will happen without mistake. So what? The only thing that is important is how the story is told (and crazypicklehead2002 is doing a damn good job on that aspect)

Besides, that traditional "story/plot" you make fun of is one of the more common/realistic stories you find out there when a real feede/feeder tells the story of his/her relationship. Why you can not write about it?

I won't spend more time on this, I'm kind of tired of your sarcastic comments always I post something new (if you don't like it don't read it, simple!!). I may suggest that if you think you just guessed the whole plot and you don't like it, spare yourself and don't read chapter 2 and stick to your intricated and creative stories that you like. I don't give a damn.

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, this kind of sucks. Sorry guys for the delay.  :-[

crazypicklehead2002 has been terribly busy the past weeks and we hadn't the chance to pull another chapter. The intention is to continue with this story, however I can't tell you when will be the next update. I wish I could tell you more, but that's all I've got. As soon as I know something new I will give you guys a heads up. My apologies.