Emily Goes To College

mellowgold

CHAPTER ONE

"Alright Emily, everything looks good. One last thing, if you could just step on the scale for me real quick."

Emily stood on the scale, which read 118.6. "Terrific. Alright, I think that's all we got. You're in perfect health. Have a nice day", the doctor said to the 19 year old girl.

With her check-up out of the way, Emily was ready to start her college in Wisconsin. After two days of saying her goodbyes to friends and packing up, she was hugging her parents and getting on the plane to begin her new life.

Emily finished unpacking her things and took a look at herself in the mirror. An in-shape girl around 5'5", with straight, raven black hair and a fine face, she liked what she saw for the most part, save for her relatively flat chest. 'Alright, time to meet the roommates.'

She exited her room. "Hello, I'm Emily," she said to three girls she would be living with.

"Hi! I'm Emeko," said a full-faced Asian girl with an average lower body but a bit of a belly.

"Sooo nice to meet you. I'm Caitlin", said a busty, blonde cheerleader type with a tan and a thin waist.

"Hi Emily, I'm Carly. I love your coat," said Carly, a brunette with a sturdy build.

"So... what's there to do around here?," asked Emily.

"Eat!", chortled Emeko. Caitlin rolled her eyes and smirked.

Emeko blushed and Emily glared at Caitlin. "Okay, what do you recommend?"

Emeko beamed, "I don't know where to begin!"

After a week of getting to know the lay of the town and her roommates, it was time for classes to start. She enjoyed Emeko's bubbly personality and Carly was quiet but easy to get a long with. Caitlin however was irksome with her shallowness.

'I can't wait to find some good running spots. All this good food can't be good for my figure", thought Emily, who noticed her pants fitting a bit snug, but not by much.

Emily enjoyed her classes, and found the school food surprisingly delicious, taking three helpings of Mac-and-Cheese. "I'd better go for salad tomorrow", she said to Emeko, patting her small food baby.

It was just Emily's luck that it rained all week. She did opt for salad, just as she'd promised herself, but decided to try out the other options on the other days of the week. On Friday night, Caitlin invited her to a party, which she reluctantly accepted.

"I'm not 21 yet", said Emily when offered a PBR five seconds after entering. "Come on," said the drunken fratboy waving it in her face. "No."

"Oh, loosen up," said Caitlin, chugging a can in two gulps. "Well... I guess I can try..."

Two hours later, Emily was dancing with Caitlin. "This is so much fun!" "I know! There's only one thing that can make this better," Caitlin said, pulling out a joint.

"Is that...?"

"Yep, and we're sharing it."

Any apprehension Emily had went by the wayside four beers ago as she took a puff. "No, silly, you have to INHALE".

The next morning, Emily woke up in her bed with a splitting headache and fast food wrappers all around her. "Wake up sleepyhead", shouted Emeko. "I made breakfast."

"Thanks for the breakfast Emeko. I've been pigging out all week though, I need to go for a run!"

Emeko frowned. "But didn't you say we were going out to the movies?"

"That's right! Well... I can go for a run beforehand. It's only... 12:10?! Okay, fine. My head hurts anyway."

CHAPTER TWO

Emily was a month into her semester and enjoying school. She had finally gotten into a running routine, though she knew she had gained a few pounds with the partying and snacking. She was still thin and didn't mind, but did want a little more spending money.

"I'm sorry Emily, but with out-of-state tuition, it's hard enough for your father and I right now. Maybe you should get a part time job?"

"Yeah, I suppose your right, mom. Well, I still have a couple papers to write. I can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving!"

"Me too. Goodnight sweetie."

It didn't take long for Emily to find a part-time job as a barista. A couple weeks after her talk with her mom, she was working four nights a week at a small cafe. She loved the job, being able to choose her own music, have flexible hours, and take home unsold pastries at the end of the night.

Emily wasn't big on sweets, unlike Emeko. "I hate you for bring these home," Emeko told her friend. "As you grab another turnover," teased Caitlin. "Well, we can't all be as lucky as you, having all your fat go straight to your tits and ass", complainted Emeko, looking down at her slightly protruding belly.

While Emily didn't eat pastries often, she was partying 3-4 nights per week and no longer had time to jog with her job. "Yeah, I've been keeping busy mom... Yeah, I love it. Yeah... Oh, um, not as much, but yeah, I've been j-... keeping active. Yeah... gotta go. Love you too. Yeah, see you in three weeks."

Emily woke up one morning and it finally happened: her jeans wouldn't zip. Emily groaned and put on some yoga pants and a tanktop, which revealed her slight beer belly. She put on a sweatshirt and went to class.

That following weekend, Emily and Emeko went clothes shopping. They invited Carly but she was busy skyping her girlfriend. "So you're not a size 4 any more. Guys dig curves anyway", said Emeko, reassuring her friend.

At the store, Emily tried on some size 6 jeans, but had a hard time getting them up over her butt. "Huh, I've never really had an ass before," eventually opting for size 7's, which were still a bit tight. 'These just need breaking in', she thought. "Emeko, are you about ready?"

"Yeah... um, can you help me out of this skirt?"

Emeko was wearing a skin-tight skirt and a bra maybe a size too small. "Damn you and your pastries, Emily", whined Emeko. "I swear two months ago this would have been loose on me." They eventually got her out of the skirt, causing her pot belly to jiggle for a moment. "That's it. We're going on a diet!"

----------

"I thought we were going on a diet," laughed Emily as she took a bite out of her Cinnabon.

"A diet? Oh, right! Yeah, on MONDAY. This weekend's our last chance to eat whatever we want. Let's pig out!" Emily and Emeko went to the store and purchased cookies, chocolate and chips. They were at home eating it when Caitlin came in.

"Oh. My god. What are you two doing?!"

Emily and Emeko blushed. There were crumbs everywhere, and Emeko's bloated belly caused her shirt to ride up a bit.

"Really guys? I expected this from you Emeko, but you too Emily? You WANT the freshman 15?"

"We're starting a diet on Monday, and also ouch", replied Emeko.

"Yeah, I've never heard that one before. Have fun stuffing your face, you two."

"Well she was in a mood", said Emeko.

Emily grabbed her newfound love handles. "Yeah..."

CHAPTER THREE

Emily was excited that her first quarter of school was done with and she could visit her family for Thanksgiving break. She got off the plane and was greeted by her father. "Emily! It's so great to see you!"

"You too, dad. Where's mom?"

"Oh, she's at home, cooking your favorite."

"Mac-and-cheese?"

"You know it. Come on, let me take those bags." They got in the car, and Emily told her father about school, and her job, and the friends she made until they arrived at the house.

"There's my little college girl," Emily's mother, a thin woman named Teresa said, giving her a big hug. "I hope you haven't eaten yet! Your brother should be over any minute."

Emily smiled and took off her sweater, exposing the lower half of her belly for a split second before she sucked it in. "I see you haven't been starving up there."

"Teresa!", chided Emily's father.

"Oh calm down Winston. She's always been a skinny girl. She'll lose it after the holidays. Isn't that right Emily?"

Emily blushed. "Uh, yea-", she was cut off as there was a knock at the door.

"Brad!"

"Emily! How's school?"

"Great! How's the nine-to-five?"

"Shitty! But that's why I brought a 24 pack of beer!"

Emily smiled. "Can I have one?"

"You can have as many as you like."

"Brad! She can't have beer. She's 19!", protested Teresa.

"Oh come on, she's an adult. Besides, it's not like she hasn't tried it at college."

Emily's mom frowned. "Fine. But Emily, we're going for a run tomorrow morning."

"Of course, mom!"

----------

"Come on Emily, I thought you said you've been running still. Try and keep up," taunted Teresa, as she sprinted ahead.

Emily lied, "I have, mom. Just a little hungover is all." 'What happened to that diet Emeko and I were gonna go on', she thought, speeding up.

"You don't want the Freshman 15, dear. Isn't that right? Emily? Oh my god, are you okay?!"

Emily had tripped on some ice and was bleeding. "We've got to take you to Dr. Simmons," said the concerned mother.

"No, it's alright, I'll be fine."

Teresa sighed. "Maybe so, but it would be good to, just in case. Besides, I know he'd love to see you."

----------

"Well, it looks like it's just a knee bruise. Might be sore for a couple days, but you'll be fine. Just avoid icy roads for the time being", chuckled Dr. Simmons.

Emily laughed. "Have a great Thanksgiving, doc."

"Oh wait, Emily, one more thing, just protocol. Could you get on the scale real quick?"

Emily stepped on the scale. 'I know I've gained at least 5 pounds', she thought, closing her eyes. She opened them. The scale read 132.8.

"Up a little from last time, but still healthy for a girl your age. Enjoy the holiday."

----------

Emily and her mother made small talk in the car on the ride home. Eventually, Teresa couldn't help herself. "Say, just out of curiosity, did you check your weight?

"Oh, yeah. Uh, it was around 125?"

CHAPTER FOUR

Emily was still a little shaken from her visit to the doctor. She still wasn't even chubby, but it came as a shock to see she had gained 14 pounds. She frowned, looking at her belly, small but no longer toned and protruding just a little bit.

Her plans to restrain herself on Thanksgiving went by the wayside in a hurry as family members shoved plates of delicious food in front of her. She sighed, 'it is the holidays. Might as well enjoy them', she thought, grabbing a beer and joining her brother and father who were watching football on the couch.

Emily was in a food coma after three helpings. She headed off to bed, making sure to suck in her distended stomach. She looked in the mirror - she looked five months pregnant. She sighed and went to sleep.

----------

The next morning, she awoke to the smell of hash browns and bacon. She indulged in some breakfast, when her mother walked in. "Alright I'm going for a run"

"I'll come with you," Emily said.

"Oh no, dear. You'd better stay off that knee for a couple days," she said, leaving.

Emily shrugged. 'Guess I'll just stay in today.'

After a weekend of movies, leftovers and relaxing, it was time to fly back to school. Emily hugged her parents and brother goodbye and was on her way.

----------

Emily's plans to diet and exercise were interrupted by cold weather, and Chemistry, which proved to be the bane of her existence. When she wasn't at work, she was studying. When she wasn't studying, she was writing a paper for English class.

Most days, she would just throw on sweatpants as she was always in a hurry. While writing one of her papers for English class, she didn't notice herself polish off nearly an entire party sized bag of pretzels.

She was still partying on the weekends and was beginning to notice that she got a lot more stares from guys than she was used to, much to Caitlin's chagrin. She didn't have time for relationships, but a couple of times there was a very lucky college student.

----------

Emily wasn't able to go home for Christmas break, and would have to wait until Spring. Fortunately for her, Emeko was in the same boat, so they agreed to spend Christmas together.

For the first time in weeks, Emily put on jeans, which proved very difficult to put on. She had to lay down to button them up. 'I've got to stop going to that laundromat', she thought, throwing on a sweatshirt. "You ready Emeko?"

"Yeah! Let's go shopping!"

After finding all the gifts they needed to buy, Emeko and Emily went to the food court. "Ooh, Cinnabon!", exclaimed Emeko. Emily shrugged and followed her. They both bought coffee chakes and a cinnamon roll.

"I need to go on a diet," complained Emeko.

Emily laughed, "as you eat a cinnamon roll?"

"Well I'm not gonna start a diet right before Christmas! After the New Year, silly! But I mean, look at this." Emeko opened up her coat and patted her soft belly, which her shirt barely contained.

"Oh, you are not. I need to get back in shape too. I'll do it with you. For real this time!"

----------

Emily woke up on Christmas day, and put on pajama pants and a sweater that was big on her last Christmas, but was now form-fitting. She poured herself some coffee with Kahlua and joined Emeko in the living room, who was eager to open gifts. Emeko bent over to hand Emily one of her presents, showing some skin in the process.

Both had a nice haul. Emeko received her favorite candy, some books she had been wanting and some new shoes. Emily got a tablet, a pair of designer jeans, a couple shirts and... a scale. "Gee, thanks mom," she said, getting ready to test it out.

"Emeko, who could tell (because she had eyes) that Emily, like herself, had put on some weight, said "Wait until New Year's, remember? Besides, the cookies are almost ready."

Emily pushed the scale away and decided to try on one of her new shirts, which she struggled to get over her increased bust. 'Hey, I finally have tits,' she thought, grinning and not noticing that it didn't quite cover her belly.

She walked into the kitchen as Emeko was taking the cookies out of the oven. Emeko was wide-eyed when she saw her friend's belly hanging over her pants. "What's up, Emeko?"

"Nothing.. That's just a cute shirt is all!"

CHAPTER FIVE

After a the last few days of the year were filled with netflix, hot cocoa and cookies, the day Emily was dreading had come: January 1st. She knew she had gained weight since her visit to the doctor, but didn't know how much. Stripping down to her bra and panties and underwear, she saw her thighs and ass were a little thicker and no longer toned, but more noticeably, her breasts were nearly as large as Caitlin's, and she undeniably had a belly.

She gulped and got on the scale. It read 144.

Before she could process the fact that she'd gained 25 pounds in less than four months, Carly walked in. "Oh, I'm so sorry! It was unlocked and I didn't know you were in here."

Emily, still in her bra and underwear, blushed and instinctively sucked in her stomach. Carly said, "um, I'll leave you to it. Nice bod by the way. Curves look good on you."

----------

Emily appreciated Carly's comment, but was still embarrassed and squeezed herself into her running gear, which gave her a muffin top she covered with a sweatshirt. Running was as difficult as ever, but she pressed on and ran three miles.

After a week of diet and exercise, Emily was pleased to get on the scale and see she was down to 140. As school got into full swing, she eased into a more balanced routine, but was still making progress with her improved diet, getting down to 138 the next week, then 137 the week after that.

Emeko, on the other hand, had gone in the opposite direction. She was having trouble with her classes, and had been stress eating with regularity. Emily noticed her friend's double chin becoming more pronounced, her shirts now all failing to completely cover her belly, and her butt finally catching up to the rest of her body. She had always been chubby, but was now turning into a true fat girl.

Emeko was sitting on the couch, eating chips as Emily worked on the computer, when Caitlin walked in. "Gosh Emeko, are you REALLY sure you should be eating that?," she asked with a harsh chuckle.

"Be nice, Caitlin! But if you do want to go for a run with me sometime Emeko, you're always invited!" Emeko frowned and looked at her belly, which she had been in denial about having grown considerably. "Yeah, that might be a good idea."

----------

Emeko and Emily went for a run the next evening, but Emily quickly got frustrated as her friend was unable to keep up after a few blocks. After that, Emily offered the invitation to Emeko, but did not press the issue.

Within a couple of days, Emeko was back to her old ways. "Hey Emily, Carly and I baked some cookies and were going to watch movies tonight. Are you down?"

Emily thought, 'well I was going to go for a run, but I have been good lately'. "Okay, let's do it!"

• 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER SIX

Seeing as how she had a busy schedule, and didn't have much trouble losing seven pounds, Emily slacked off her diet and exercise regimen a bit. She grew gradually complacent, as her few nights not spent doing work, at her job, or for school, were spent at parties, or at home with hot cocoa and Netflix.

Emeko proved to be a bad influence on her. Emeko had slowed the rate of her own weight gain, but had also purchased some larger clothes in order to stop thinking about it. More often than not, she was able to convince Emily to stay in with her, rather than go for runs, and the Hot Chocolates she made, infused with a secret ingredient (half&half) were irresistable. Emily and Emeko were straight, but Carly, who wasn't, often joked that they seemed like an old married couple.

----------

On Valentine's Day, Emily awoke to a box of chocolates with a note that just said, "from your secret admirer". She racked her brain, thinking who it could have possibly been. She'd certainly hooked up with a few guys since starting college, but hadn't gone on any dates.

She put on a snug tanktop that didn't completely cover her belly and took the chocolates into the living room.

"YOU got chocolates? From who?," asked Caitlyn with a slightly nasty tone.

Emily shrugged. "Dunno. My 'secret admirer'"

Caitlyn chortled, "that figures. Guys must think they actually have a chance with you since..."

"Since what?", Emily asked, angrily.

"Since you got this," Caitlyn said, poking Emily's beer belly.

"Fuck you! Do you know why guys like me? Because I'm not a stuck-up bitch!"

"Oh please. Enjoy your chocolates. As if you need them," Caitlyn said, storming off.

Carly, who had been there the whole time, chimed in, "someone's a little insecure..."

Emily sighed. "She's right about one thing though, I've really let myself go."

"Not really. Honestly I thought you were a little too skinny when you got here. Now you look smoking hot!"

"Thanks Carly. You're probably right. It does seem like I've been getting more looks lately. I think they've been positive! It still wouldn't be a bad idea to cut down on the hot cocoa."

Emeko walked in, yawning. "What's up guys? Ooh, can I have a chocolate?"

----------

After a couple weeks, Emily still couldn't figure out who her secret admirer was. She was at a party, chatting with a guy she found attractive, when Caitlyn, wearing an unflattering outfit that showed off what little bit of a belly she did have, swooped in.

"Heeeeyyyyy, Donovan! Let's play beer pong! Want to be my partner?"

"Oh, um, I guess so. Uh, hey Emily, do you want to play?"

Emily had a mischievous smile, and looked for Nate, the guy she knew Caitlyn was into. "Hey Nate? Want to be my beer pong partner?"

----------

Carly, not much for parties, was at home. She looked down at her stomach, which hung over the waistband her panties - nobody had noticed, given her penchant for wearing oversized sweatshirts, but she had gained twenty pounds in the past three months. She sighed, looking at the last text she had received, 3 weeks and 5 days ago, from her now-ex girlfriend. 'I know I said I was into this, but... I was lying... to you... myself. You're a wonderful person, but I think it would be better if we were just friends.'

A tear fell down Carly's cheek as she finally deleted the text, and her ex's contact information.

• 2 months later...

CHAPTER 7

Winter came and went, and it was already time for Spring Break. For Emily, that meant flying home again to see her family. While she loved her family, this trip did not come without anxiety, as she had not stuck to her New Year's resolution. While she had certainly not noticed any less looks due to her expanding figure (the opposite, if anything), she knew judgment would be coming from her stick thin mother. As such, her unbuttoned jeans and tight T-Shirts would not do.

She went clothes shopping with Emeko to find some clothes that were both appealing and hid her gain. "Now that the weather's getting nice again, I really need to get back in shape. I can't afford to buy new clothes every couple months, this is ridiculous!", she complained to Emeko, who didn't respond.

Emeko was partially to blame for her friend's weight gain, herself now hovering around the obese BMI line. She wasn't particularly displeased with her own weight gain, with the pounds mostly going to her lower body, balancing her natural apple shape. "Cinnabon?", she offered.

Emily signed, looking down at her gut. "Might as well. I'm going to be sucking in and watching what I eat all next week."

----------

When Emily got home, she made sure to suck in her belly and arch her neck a bit to minimize her developing double chin as best she could. She could notice her mother check out her figure, but made no comment about it.

Emily had a good time with her family, and her weight was never an issue. She was relieved when she met up with some of her friends from high school and saw she wasn't the only one who had put on weight.

"Emily, you look so good!", remarked her friend Kara.

"Hehe, thanks. I've been overdoing it on the beer and cheese, as you can tell", she chuckled, patting her stomach.

Her other friend Lauren laughed, lifting up her shirt and grabbed a roll of belly fat. "I can't say that I've avoided the Freshman 15 myself. You do look great though. Curves look nice on you."

Emily shrugged. "Thanks. I don't think my mother agrees though."

Lauren rolled her eyes. "You're an adult now! Fuck what she thinks, you look great. Now let's get drunk!"

---------

Emily returned home a few hours later very tipsy and full of Taco Bell. She took off her coat, her full belly very visible through her T-shirt, not noticing her mother standing there with her arms crossed and a smug grin on her face. "You've been keeping up with the healthy eating and exercise I see."

Emily's face turned beet red, as she quickly sucked her gut in. "Mom, I..."

"It's alright dear. You are your own person. If my daughter doesn't want to take care of herself, that's fine with me. Out of curiosity, how much do you weigh these days?"

"Oh, uh, I don't know..."

"Hmm I should have known you wouldn't find much use for that scale I bought you. Well, no worries, I have one! I got all the way up to 122 after the holidays and have been trying to shed those last few pounds. Let me grab it!"

"Come on mom. Why are you being this way?"

"What way? Let me go grab it!"

Emily sighed. She knew her mother would disapprove of her figure, but this was ridiculous. 'I'm not even overweight', she thought.

Teresa got on the scale, which read 112.4. "Well, only two or three pounds to go.. I need to start drinking my coffee black. Come on Emily, hop on."

Emily groaned and stepped on the scale, lamenting her decision to pig out on fast food that night. Both Emily and her mother were surprised with what the scale read: 155.8

"155... Uh, well, hey, you know what they say, real women have curves", Emily's mother taunted.

"You're mean!", Emily shouted, running upstairs sobbing. Her father came down. "Teresa, what was that all about?"

"Our daughter is OVERWEIGHT is what this is all about. That girl needs to learn some self control!"

"She is, really? Well, she's an adult, she can make her own decisions. I don't need you to make her cry. Shaming her isn't good for her health, physically or mentally."

"I know, it's just... I just want what's best for her!"

"What's best for her is to have a supportive mother, not an eating disorder."

"But-"

"No 'buts'. I don't want her to hate visiting her parents. Now let's go to bed - and put that scale away!"

----------

Emily's parents were were nice to her during the last couple days of her visit, but she was upset. Upset at her mom, upset with herself for turning the Freshman 15 into the Freshman 35. In her room, she looked at herself in the mirror - she carried it well - a nice  soft hourglass figure. The main thing she didn't like was her chubby belly, which protruded if she didn't suck it in.

Before she left, her mother knocked on her door. "Can I come in?"

"I'd prefer you didn't."

"Please Emily."

Emily sighed, put on a sweatshirt and opened the door. "What?"

"Well, I just wanted to apologize. You know, how I acted was mean and childish. I just... I worry about you. I look at you, and you're such a beautiful girl - prettier than I was at your age, but gaining 30 pounds in a few months... I just don't want you be unhappy."

Emily frowned. "I didn't mean to... It just sort of happened."

"I know dear. I won't harangue you about your weight any more. Just... understand where I'm coming from. I want you to be healthy, that's all."

Emily nodded with a faint smile.

Emily's mother gave her a hug and they both cried. "Hey mom, could you do me a favor?"

"What is it, sweetie?"

"Thank Dad for me."

CHAPTER EIGHT

Emily returned to school still shaken by her experience. While she was glad that her mother had apparently changed her tone, she was still taken aback by what the scale had reviewed. She vowed to actually lose the weight this time, but that proved much easier said than done, as Spring quarter was very demanding, allowing no time for exercise or planning her meals.

Hanging out in the living room with Emeko and Carly, Emily worked on her homework. "Hey Emily," Emeko asked.

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Of course I'm okay, what are you talking about?"

Emeko shrugged. "It's just... after you got back from spring break, you've seemed really down."

"Oh... Well, you know, school's been-"

"It's not just that though, I can tell. Something is troubling you."

Emily sighed. "Well, to be honest, I've just really let myself go, and I haven't felt super confident."

"Give me a break!, exclaimed Carly, who lifted up her sweatshirt to reveal a large stretch marked belly. "You're a knockout. Sure, you've put on a little weight, but it just makes you sexier. I have to hide all this."

"You like fine Carly - I didn't mean-"

"Yeah, I'm up to 172 and I'm 5'3"... You must think I'm massive," Emeko chimed in.

"I'm sorry guys. I don't mean to be inconsiderate - it's just... I've gained almost 40 pounds since I got here!", Emily said, looking down at her body with unease.

Carly's eyes lit up. "I have an idea! Let's do shrooms!"

----------

The following Saturday, they decided to hang out and take psilocybin. Emily was excited, while Emeko was nervous but agreed to participate.

After an hour of hanging out and listening to music, they started to peak. "So, the reason I wanted to do this with you guys was so that you'd have a more positive body image," said Carly, clad in shorts and a tank top a couple sizes too small. "Take it from someone who likes girls, you're both really sexy."

Emeko, who was having a great time and was already okay with her chubby body, smiled and looked at her tits, which were much larger than they were when she'd started school. Emily meanwhile, was enjoying a deeper introspection.

'I am a goddess', she thought, as she admired her curves, from her filled out yoga pants to even her gut, which her tight T-shirt hugged.

----------

Emily's perspective and body image changed after her trip. She wasn't a gainer, and didn't gain on purpose, but stopped watching and worrying about what she ate. The pounds crept on as the quarter came to a close. On the first hot day of the year, Caitlyn gave Emily a look of disgust as Emily proudly wore an outfit that showed off her chubby midriff, which she didn't suck in.

Going home for the Summer was bittersweet for Emily. It was nice to have a respite from her demanding schoolwork, but she had to quit her job and would miss her roommates. She squeezed into an old outfit which gave her an impressive muffin top, hugged her roommates and was on her way home once again.

• 4 weeks later...

CHAPTER NINE

'She's rubbing it in my face. I can't believe it,', thought Emily's mother as she saw her daughter get off the plane, wearing clothes that accentuated her rapid weight gain. She couldn't tell if she was any bigger than when she had returned from spring break, but before she considered saying something, her husband gave her a look.

"Emily! It's great to see you!", she said, giving her daughter a hug.

On the ride home, Emily told her parents about her last quarter of school, and how much she was looking forward to a couple months off. "Well, I know you're excited to be back, but if you get bored and are looking for a little extra spending money, I could probably hook you up with a summer job," suggested her father.

"That would be great!"

----------

A couple days after getting back home, Emily went on a beach date with some friends from high school. She wore a tight bikini which showed off her luscious curves, including her gut which hung over her waistband. "My eyes are up here," she said, teasing her friend Zach as she batted her raven black hair out of her eyes.

Emily's chubby, now slightly pale figure stood out like a sore thumb on the beach, but she received a lot of stares. She cracked a beer and winked at a passerby.

----------

After a week of catching up with friends and partying, Emily decided to take her father up on her father on his offer of a temporary receptionist job. After quitting her coffee job for the Summer, her funds had been dwindling. However, she would need some professional clothes.

She tried on a few different skirts. The size 10 she knew was ambitious, but was still surprised that it didn't even get past her ass. The size 12 was better but still didn't quite zip up all the way.

'I can't believe I'm a size 14', thought Emily, marveling at her stomach, a bit bloated from a week of binge drinking, as she put on the next skirt. 'This will work she thought', before noticing her sneakers were untied.  She bent over and heard a ripping noise. She blushed, pulled off the ruined skirt and put it in the middle of her discard pile, and went to grab a size 16 skirt, which, while a little loose, we knew deep down she'd probably grow into.

----------

Despite lacking the height and black hair of a Christina Hendricks, she was definitely the Joan Holloway of her office where she was doing receptionist work. In her first week, she was asked out twice, but was uninterested in the suitors.

Emily proved adept at her job, which allowed her to regularly stay out late with her friends with little parental scrutiny. Before she knew it, Summer was more than halfway over and she had to start thinking about back-to-school preparations. "Hey Emily, are you doing anything Saturday?", her mom asked.

"Not necessarily, why?"

"Well, your doctor called. It's about time for your annual physical. He has an opening at 1 PM that day. Does that work?"

Emily felt a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. While she was body positive, she still didn't like the idea of visiting her doctor, knowing she had gained a considerable amount of weight before the month and a half of partying and working a desk job. "Uh... sure. That's fine."

----------

Dr. Simmons knew that he was due to see Emily on Saturday to do her annual physical for the thirteenth straight year. When he saw a chubby dark-haired girl with a slightly round face and a double chin, he had to ask, "may I help you?"

"It's Emily... your 1 o'clock?"

Dr. Simmons's eyes widened for a split second. "Emily, of course! How are you?"

"I'm alright. Didn't recognize me, did you?", frowned Emily, looking down at her larger body.

"Well.. you're... blossoming into a young woman," stumbled the doctor. Uh, first thing's first, we'll have to get you on the scale.

Emily inhaled and closed her eyes as she stepped on the scale. When she opened them, she'd wished she'd hadn't. Despite eating very little on the days leading up to the visit and skipping breakfast on the day of, the scale nonetheless read 175.7.

"Okay... 175.7. So... Emily... you're up 40 pounds from the last time you were here, which looks like... 9 months ago. You were up a few pounds then but I didn't think anything of it, but you went from being a skinny girl to the overweight range very quickly. Is everything alright?"

Emily was beet red. "Yeah. I don't know... I guess going to school and moving away.. it's just such a big adjustment. And to be honest with you, I like eating whatever I want."

Dr. Simmons nodded. "I understand. Well, you aren't in the obese range yet, but this is very concerning. I strongly urge you to start an exercise plan and watch what you're eating. Also, if you're drinking alcohol frequently, I'd cease that at once. Now let's get the rest of this physical out of the way.."

CHAPTER TEN

Emily looked at a picture of her from a year ago and compared it to the version of herself she sa in the mirror now: the one that is sixty pounds heavier. 'I need to change this'. she thought, grabbing her love handles. 'I am going on a diet... on the first of the month.' Emily reached for the ice cream and looked forward to her last four days of eating what she wanted.

Emily took full advantage of her rationalization of gluttony by binge eating at nearly every occasion. Knowing she was to return to school in little over a week, her brother visited and they got lunch.

Her brother was shocked when he saw his sister. Always athletic and in-shape, his jaw dropped do see a round faced girl wearing a tight green shirt which accenutated her love handles and larger breasts, and an unbuttoned, unzipped pair of short jean shorts. However, he was smart enough to know that nothing good comes from mentioning a girls weight gain and greeted her happily. "Emily! It's so great to see you!"

Emily and her brother caught up over massive burgers and a plate of fries. He couldn't finish his, but was amazed to watch his formerly petite sister polish off the entire plate. "Should we get dessert?", she asked.

"Oof. I'm good, but you go ahead."

Emily smiled and gestured the waiter. "Could I get an extra large Sundae please?"

After lunch, the two of them went for a short walk, and he couldn't help but notice her repeatedly pulling her shirt down to cover her stuffed belly, He could never in a million years imagine that she would let herself go so fast, and that her mother would be okay with it.

"So Emily, is everything alright with you?"

Emily knew where he was going with this and changed the subject. "Yep! Hey, we should go see a movie!"

----------

The first of the month came and Emily squeezed herself into some fitness gear she'd bought a few months prior. Her love handles and belly, still stuffed from her "last supper", spilled out over her tight spandex, so she threw on a sweatshirt, and went for her first run in six months.

It went even worse than she'd expected. Her clothes failed to contain her full figure and within a couple blocks she was gasping for breath. After her second and third wind, she decided to walk. 'Baby steps'.

After traveling a couple miles, she saw a Starbucks. 'I've earned coffee', she thought. She ordered an iced coffee, no sweetener but an almond croissant caught her eye. She resisted and sat down to drink her coffee.

Twenty minutes later, she walked up to the register. I'll take that almond croissant please. And... a grande mocha... with whip.

After devouring her pastry and finishing her mocha, she left the coffee shop with a sense of regret. She failed her diet on day one. 'Wait... school starts on the tenth... I have to properly say my goodbyes and it would be rude to not indulge in food and alcohol. I'll live it up during the rest of my vacation, then get to business when school starts.'

Emily smiled and caught an Uber to her place.

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Bound to lose the weight she'd gained over the Summer, Emily refused to buy new clothes. She laid on her back to button her largest pair of jeans, and threw on her largest T-Shirt, which didn't quite cover up her muffin top. She sighed and threw on a sweatshirt.

Emily reached up to place her suitcases on the family station wagon's luggage rack, revealing her pot belly in the process. Her parents drove her to the airport, they said they're goodbyes and it was back to Wisconsin...

----------

Emily arrived before all of her roommates. After unpacking her stuff,  Emily was excited to see her best friend Emeko. The first of the others to arrive was Caitlyn, who she had been dreading seeing. To her surprise, it appeared that Caitlyn had gained weight as well, sporting a beer belly that her pink shirt couldn't quite contain.

"Hey Emily. How was your Summer?"

"It was good. How was yours?"

"Good, but I think I had a little too much fun," she said, patting her belly.

Emily smiled. "Me too, haha. Well it's nice to see you."

The next to show up was Carly, who looked the same as she remembered her, in all her pale, no-makeup glory. Finally, Emily's best friend Emeko showed up. Emily was surprised by what she saw.

Emeko, who had ballooned to borderine obesity during her freshman year, had lost all of the weight she'd gained. What was once a pot belly was now somewhat toned, and her tight blue dress showed off her height-weight proportionate physique.

"Emeko... you look amazing!"

Emeko blushed. "Thanks Emily. It's great to see you."

"What's your secret? It's been what, two months?"

"Well, when I got back home, my mom took one look at me and just shook her head. She put me on a strict diet and exercise plan. It was horrible. It worked though! How was your Summer?"

"It was good, but I put on the pounds you lost," Emily said, frowning.

Emeko checked out her friend. She was wearing a sweatshirt, but her face and legs did look to have plumped up a bit. "You look fine! You're too hard on yourself. Now I'm starving. After a Summer of dieting, I need some pizza!"

Emily hesitantly looked down at her chubby body, but nodded. "Okay, but tomorrow we're going for run."

"Deal. Maybe I can keep up this time!"

----------

They arrived at the pizza place and decided to split a large pizza. Emily devoured her four slices, while Emeko was stuffed after her third. "You can take that last one if you'd like!"

Emily smiled and indulged. 'Her appetite hasn't always been like this', thought Emeko.

On the way home from the pizza place, Emily asked. "Ooh, are you down for Cinnabon?"

"I don't know, Emily."

"C'mon! I'm starting my diet tomorrow, you're just getting back from your mom's boot camp. Just this once."

Emeko sighed. "Oh, alright."

----------

When they arrived at Cinnabon, they agreed it was way too hot in the cafe, and Emily took off her sweatshirt. She scarfed down her cinnamon roll and drank her blended mocha drink and got up to use the bathroom, when Emeko really got a sense of how much her friend had let herself go.

Emily was bigger everywhere - her arms were thicker, her size 18 jeans were skin-tight, and her once flat belly could not be contained by her shirt, and hung over her waistband. 'Emily's fat.'

Guest barnes2

Thanks for the update!  I really like how the other gluttonous roommate has now lost weight.  Emily is no longer able to 'hide' in the shadow of an even bigger gainer.  And I wonder if Emily wished that her mom had cracked down on her after Emeko explained that her mom is what drove her weightloss.  Great story sir.

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Wake up Emily."

"Ugh, What time is it?"

Emeko, wearing an exercuse uniform, replied "6:40. It's time to go for a run,:

Emily groaned. "This early? Fine. Let me get ready."

----------

Bound and determined to keep up with her friend, Emily puushed herself to keep up for the first few blocks. However, she soon reached her limit and Emeko understood "Maybe we should walk the rest of the way."

They had been walking for about a half hour, when finally Emily commented, "it's so weird being the fat girl. Like, I used to think that people just needed to have a little self-control, but now I see good food and I just can't help myself."

"Don't I know it. That's how I got so big. You just need to change your habits. I can help you if you like!"

"Please do. Whatever you're doing - it's working."

----------

When Emily got back, she was starving, and reached for the Eggo waffles when she remembered her weight loss goals and looked down at her gut, which gave her an almost pregnant appearance. She opted for oatmeal instead.

"Okay Emily, if you want to lose weight, you should track your progress at weekly intervals. I'll do it with you, since I'd like to lose those last five or ten pounds myself, We can motivate each other", Emeko told Emily.

Emily was hesitant. "I don't know... I'm kind of embarrassed,"

"Don't be. Remember how big I was?"

They went to the bathroom and Emeko weighed in at 138.6. "I'd like to be in the 125-130 range, but I'm healthy at this weight. Your turn!"

Emily sighed. Did Emeko really need to see this? Part of her felt like her friend was just flaunting her weight loss. Still, she needed the motivation. 'I went to the doctor three weeks ago. I couldn't have gained that much more, right?'

She stood on the scale. It read 187 pounds, even. Emily hung her had. She was obese.

There was an awkward silence, before Emeko said, "That's okay! You'll lose it!"

----------

After yet another devastating weigh-in, Emily was determined to lose the weight. However, after the third day, she opted to sleep in rather than jog, She was eating smaller, healthier meals, but developed the tendency to graze snack foods throughout the day.

Feeling insecure about her body and trying to not drink alcohol, Emily initially turned down Caitlyn's offer to go to a party. However, she was goaded into it with the logic that it would be the last friday before school started and there would be lots of guys there.

Emily had a few beers and also smoked a joint for the first time in a month, which led to her raiding the snack pantry at the house she was at. Caitlyn snickered when she saw her roommate stuffing her face. Still, even with her thicker features and bloated belly which her T-Shirt barely covered, she ended up taking some lucky guy home with her.

----------

The day before classes were to start was also weigh-in day. Knowing she had lapsed in her diet a bit, Emily made sure not to eat breakfast that morning. Emeko went first. "137.4! I lost a pound!"

"Great job Emeko. I'm not sure if I lost anything..."

"Oh, I'm sure you did! You've been eating salads and went jogging with me a couple times.

"Well here goes..." Emily stepped on the scale. It read 188.7.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

After her disappointing first weigh-in, Emily did only a little better in following weeks, with numbers of 187, 186 and 187. Over that period, Emeko had lost 6 pounds, and had nearly broken into the 130's.

"Hey Emily. It's Sunday, remember?"

Emily groaned. With all of the stress of the semester, she didn't have time to exercise at all, and was not doing the best job of watching her weight. She knew she had done particularly bad ths week, and dreaded the embarrassing prospect of weighing herself in front of her friend. "Yeah..."

Emeko sensed that Emily didn't want to do this, and to spare her feelings, and the friendship said, "..yeah! The Packers game is on."

----------

Knowing school was the top priority, Emily caved to the reality that she wasn't going to lose her gut any time soon. However, she didn't want to get even bigger, and tried to control her portions and snacking. However, her weekends were spent partying, and she sometimes lost track of her food intake. On one cold October morning, she put on her largest pair of jeans, but they wouldn't button, even if she laid on her back. From there on out, it was leggings and sweatshirts for her.

Caitlyn was baffled by her roommate's eating habits and rapid transformation, but didn't judge as she herself had been putting on weight. She loved her wider hips and larger bust, but had to suck in her beer belly, which liked to hang over her tight jeans.

Carly too, was putting on weight, but her conservative style of dress and quiet demeanor meant it went largely unnoticed - or at least not acknowledged.

Indeed, the dynamic in the house had shifted, with Emeko suddenly the skinny one - turning into an exercise addict at that. She continued to lose weight, and had several male suitors who she didn't find particularly attractive. Still, the weight loss had done wonders for her confidence, even though she was never particularly self-conscious at her heaviest.

----------

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, Emily made the decision to do Christmas with her family instead, and stayed home for Thanksgiving. Emeko and Carly were also staying in town,, so they decided to do a Friendsgiving.

Carly, as it turned out, was a wonderful cook, and handled the turkey while Emeko got one of her 21 year old guy friends to procure the alcohol, and Emily made the sides. There was enough food to feed a village, but Emeko binged on all her old favorites that she hadn't been eating, while Emily and Carly went to town on the turkey and mashed potatoes.

"I feel like I'm gonna pop!", beamed Emeko as she laid a hand on her hard food baby.

"That's nothing!", an inebriated Carly said, pulling off her sweatshirt to reveal a black tanktop which failed to contain her bloated, stretch-marked belly.

"You're such a show-off, Emeko," Emily said with a smirk. "I look eight months pregnant right now, but I'm just getting started", Emily said, reaching for her fourth helping of stuffing as Carly watched her, mesmerized.

Emeko eventually passed out on the couch, and Carly and Emily sat on the floor, playing Cards Against Humanity. Emily took off her sweater, revealing a tight pink shirt which confirmed her claim that she indeed looked eight months pregnant. "Guess I overdid it tonight, and for the last year for that matter..."

"You and me both! Look at this," responded Carly as she grabbed a large roll of belly fat. "I was on the varsity basketball team and high school. Now I don't think I would last two minutes on the court."

"Yeah. I can't believe I let myself get so fat! Next month's gonna be fun. 'Merry Crhistmas Mom, by the way, I weigh 200 pounds now."

"I doubt you weigh 200 pounds, Besides, if I'm being perfectly honest, I find weight gain... kinda hot. I don't know. My ex and I were mutually gaining... until she realized she wasn't as into it as I was. Obviously as you can see habits are hard to break."

Emily was silent for a moment. "Well, the heart wants what it wants. I can't imagine how tough it must be to be attracted to something society frowns upon. Then again,.." Emily said, looking down at her chubby body.

"I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable with that overshare! I've had one too many."

"It's cool Carly, me too, me too," Emily said, accidentally locking eyes with her roommate.

Carly leaned forward and started to kiss Emily, who went alng with it for a moment before pulling away. "I'm sorry Carly. You're great, but.. I'm not bisexual."

Carly was beet red. "I'm so sorry! Well... I'm gonna head off to bed now. Good night!"