A history of curvage?

darthstuffer

On 9/10/2012 at 12:29 PM, supermanicsoul said:

Awesome retrospective S77. Where does Stuffed Online fit into the timeline of early years stuff??? In my mind, that place was the spiritual precursor to the Fatcelebs site and Curvage in the sense that it was really diverse. It also was the birthplace of **, when he started posting material on that board of his girlfriend (and subsequently his first model) Raquel.

thank you!! thats the site I was trying to think of. It had his drawings on it right?

I don't endorse the copy-pasting of a post I had explicitely removed on the old forum.

does that mean you're not going to approve of my novel when I get it published because it references material like this? The only reason I kept this post was actually for research material/definitions.

Why was that thread removed from the old old forum? Was it the stir that it caused or did you actually take some flack from it or something? I remember it was a fun yet passionate conversation about body types. Am I remembering this wrong?

does that mean you're not going to approve of my novel when I get it published because it references material like this? The only reason I kept this post was actually for research material/definitions.

Why was that thread removed from the old old forum? Was it the stir that it caused or did you actually take some flack from it or something? I remember it was a fun yet passionate conversation about body types. Am I remembering this wrong?

I didn't remove it for the thread's content but because I didn't want it there anymore. Nothing more.

Also, I sure hope you'll ask permission to use such content in your novel-to-be.

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2015 at 1:36 PM, S77 said:

15yd9om.jpg

Thought this had a place in our history thread.

Jesus, that takes me back.

Some classic usernames on the 'top posters' list at the bottom there. 

Worth pointing out that the two skinny chicks at the top of the page are what used to be considered "fat".  Man, everyone was much skinnier only a few years back.  Now it seems like every chick is 350lbs.

Jesus, that takes me back.

Some classic usernames on the 'top posters' list at the bottom there. 

Worth pointing out that the two skinny chicks at the top of the page are what used to be considered "fat".  Man, everyone was much skinnier only a few years back.  Now it seems like every chick is 350lbs.

And you're complaining? :P

I joined curvage in 2008, I think, and at the suggestion of my real-life friend S77. I had always hated my body and felt that I was only attractive because of my thin and pretty face and big boobs, and that anyone who liked me must like me in spite of the rest of my body. He was a good friend, and we talked on the phone for hours, and one day he suggested that I check out curvage. I was shocked at first by the open nudity of fat girls, and it took me a while to stop judging them and start appreciating them. Eventually I even stopped thinking that the other girls were sexy but I wasn't. I had to make a conscious decision to let go of my beliefs that fat was ugly. I was afraid to accept myself as sexy; afraid that I was allowing myself to be a deviant. I wanted to reject anyone who admitted what they liked as if it was wrong, like a taboo. I realized life was too short to live in constant denial of myself and I took the scary plunge into body acceptance. My thread on curvage.com was a map journey showing me at the beginning full of apprehension and disbelief, headless body shots in black and white, carefully edited to be as flattering as possible, and later on really enjoying all the compliments, seeing that the members were not crazy rejects with a fetish, but awesome guys who knew what they liked. I made so many friends, and had so much fun taking pics and sharing them. I chatted with fellow forum members on msn and yahoo messenger, then on skype, and I even went on some dates with local guys. It was the most liberating and awesome time of self-discovery for me. I told my family what I was doing and while they were a little shocked at my boldness, they were supportive because it made me so happy. Oh, and video chat! I don't remember when that started, but it was so fun to hang out with people from all around the world. God, I loved that time!

This was a fun trip down memory lane.  I don't remember exactly when I joined.  It had to be close to the beginning because I remember all the old site names.  I know I lurked for a while, until you had to make at least one post in order to see pictures or something like that.  I was a little miffed at the inconvenience of it all, but at least I started posting and it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be.  lol

If me from today went back in time to me in high school and described all this I wouldn't have believed it.  I went to a small school and I'm sure that more than half of the girls were at least somewhat overweight.  Watching them grow as we got older was as much torture as it was thrilling and I never imagine one day there'd be a place where those luscious hotties (like the previous poster) would be showing it all off.  Back then all I could do was fantasize at how awesome it must be to see those big girls take it all off.  Now I see it and it's ever bit as awesome as I thought it would be.

In some ways I wish my first girlfriend was here to see this.  Then maybe she'd understand why I was always trying to fatten her up.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at this really takes me back, even remember my early FatCelebs user name of Gimpoid1 (don't ask).

I honestly didn't really remember the specifics of how everything came about in those early days but I just remember starting to post and enjoying the conversations and such as well as loving the fact of finding others who had similar interests I had - I didn't feel (quite) as strange anymore  ;D

I do still vaguely remember Yahoo Clubs and Groups, had my own even...Gaining Celebs. Basically stuff I'd nicked from loads of other sources.

But yeah, as I said in my re-introduction type post thing, I'm glad this place is still around even if I've been a bit of an arse these past few years and neglected in the action of actually posting  ::)

And yeah, I thought I'd post a proper throw back of a Weebl & Bob sig I'd made back in my early days (file info dates it as 2006) before I became Shatner resistant and laughed at Chekov when I said I liked my ladies curvy  ;D

I remember the handle Gimpoid! If I'm not mistaken, you were one of the more vocal members.

Yeah, was right up there in the top...erm...20 I think. Should've screencapped it at the time for posterity :P

I remember when the posts in Chit Chat were made not to count as there were folk getting a large proportion of their post count from there. I think I may well have been one of them lol

Combinations of the single life and living alone lent itself to a greater internet presence in those days. Things have changed somewhat in the years that followed but I still view this place as a lot more than a fap site. Well, more than a fap site. Kind of  ;D

Glad you're still part of it btw  :)

• 4 years later...

According to my curvage profile, I joined in 2012 but I was a member of the fat celebs .net forum before that. And before even then, I was a member of the fat celebs yahoo groups (I always wondered if they were related)

Things were kinda interesting back then. We had to dig really deep to find content. Partly because not everyone had the Internet, also most people didn’t have digital cameras. But the biggest reason was because people just weren’t as fat back then. Like, the average weight has really exploded in the last few years- especially amongst younger women.

Share your memories below. Which models do you remember? Funny stories, scandals, people you remember...

I’ll get us started...

There was this one woman, kellygirl(?) and she was like the most famous fat chick in the world. I knew about her but she was way before my time. She left the scene and then people started saying she moved to England/opened a bakery etc. Then one day, years after she left, I was in a thread where someone started repeating these rumours again and loads of people started piling on saying “how do you know!?” But there were no answers.

I decided to crank things up because of just how funny the rumours were becoming. I started off saying she went to prison, but then started to try coming up with more and more absurd reasons for her leaving the scene. For some reason, some members just couldn’t accept that she had her own reasons for leaving. There needed to be some big scandal or revelation for her leaving. So if you’ve ever seen someone in the community ask why someone left and then someone reply “she went to prison”, completely out of context, it’s probably continuation of that kelligirl thread, even if the commenter doesn’t know it.

There was a guy who kept writing poems.

And a mod who corrected people’s grammar (I found it really funny but many people hated it)

serendipity is still a member here but has been MIA for years, as far as I can tell.

There’s this one guy @vennie who was often the voice of reason (you’ve likely seen him around)

But for some reason, one guy REALLY took against him and started following him from one post to the next, insulting him, listing all the reasons why vennie is a jerk etc. Loads of members came to vennies defence because he’s a great guy and super friendly. Me being mischievous, jumped at the chance to create a “hate vennie” thread where we all jumped on him said what a jerk he was, for a few days. Of course it was a big joke, and I hope he saw it that way, and people were coming up with more and more creative “insults” like how likes him because of how nice and reasonable he is and so on. That was probably my most popular thread. If I recall correctly, I even reprised it a few more times.

I remember the site would go down sometimes and people would freak out because it was without notice. Loads of threads would be gone. And something about the site owner just disappearing sometimes. And didn’t one of them just disappear forever one time?

I love this topic. I too, have been around this community for ages. Maybe it's not obvious, but I have a deep passion for this community. All of it. I just love it. I am lucky to have had a chance to witness and support the community. I've tried to put out into the world a clear message that Curves are beautiful and millions of people agree. What a great time it has been!

I've seen it rise from nothing to the wonderful celebration it is today.

Ok, taking me way back.

I remember in 1998, (I was very young) the internet was really quite new. As soon as I got a computer, I learned to make websites reading a book called HTML in 24 hours.

I read it cover to cover, and went to work. I setup a few wonky sites that really didn't amount to much like one called "Rain Snow and Fat Chicks" LOL.  I eventually setup a site called "fatter women". It was one of the first of it's kind. It featured a way to sort pictures of women by weight and had a section dedicated to weight gain. Honestly, I really didn't know what I was doing, or why I was doing it. I just knew I loved it. 

I wasn't sure if anyone else would care about it. I submitted it to the search engine crawlers and suddenly I was getting hits on the site like crazy. It had one of those web counters at the bottom.  It got to a million page hits, which at the time I was so incredibly impressed.  I know Curvage got 100 Million page hits in 2019 (seriously 😮) but this was 1999 and I was just some kid in his bedroom.

Anyway, about that site "fatter women" a person who we would eventually know as gaining Brooke contacted me. We worked out an agreement that she would model on the site. She started posting pictures and gained a good amount of weight. She ended up making her own site after awhile but she started with me on the Fatter Women website. I remember she sent me a hand written letter and a VHS tape of her first video that she was selling. I got it free, but she was selling it to folks on the site. (I wonder if still have that in a box somewhere.. humm..)
She didn't stick around too long, but I did have a chance to learn a good amount managing all of that.

I was also part of the fat celebs sites, and yes... this site is still the continuation of those early yahoo groups. I too remember Kelly Girl. She was epic!

It's been a fun ride seeing everything unfold. I feel very lucky and privileged to have been here to witness and even be a part of all of this.

It's hard to believe so much time has passed. From those early sites, to LoveTheseCurves.com and Curvage.org, I feel grateful for all! 

I see us moving in the right direction and I think the story of this community is still very much unfolding and I am looking forward to seeing what comes next. I think what we are witnessing right now is as epic as anything in the past. It's a great time to be a part of this community.

A bit of a ramble, but I was typing fast. have to run.

6 hours ago, S77 said:

I was also part of the fat celebs sites, and yes... this site is still the continuation of those early yahoo groups.

I didn’t realise you were on the fat celebs forum. I mean I guessed you must’ve been as you took over were here at the beginning of curvage but I couldn’t remember seeing it before. What was your username?

Maybe we need a “history of feederism” wiki to put all this stuff for future generations.

• Moderators

I'm a kind of lateral entrant to the FA/WG community. I've been a boob man for as long as can remember and was a member of the boob centered community, beginning in the 90s with some Yahoo groups and strolling arround several big tit sites from then on. In the early 2000s, I realized that I had a huge turn-on from growing boobs, be it through macromastia, pregnancy or weight gain. A process had been triggered which led me to realize that not only I liked boobs to be huge, but also the women attached to them ;) Some kind of a game changer for me were Lorna Morgan and Amateur Michelle aka Sweetkat.

I was fully aware of my sexual preferences regarding women's bodies in 2011, opening up to my wife in 2012. I discovered Curvage (most likely by searching "growing" content :lol:) a few months before the site went down. As soon as @S77 took the wheel and brought Curvage back up, I was on board and was accorded the honour of becoming a mod in 2018.

I'm a bit sad from time to time that I missed the opportunity to walk amongst all the Curvage veterans who are now gone, but hey...life's going on, Curvage is a fantastic place to be and hopefully will be for quite some time!