A history of curvage?

darthstuffer

• 2 years later...

Jesus, that takes me back.

Some classic usernames on the 'top posters' list at the bottom there. 

Worth pointing out that the two skinny chicks at the top of the page are what used to be considered "fat".  Man, everyone was much skinnier only a few years back.  Now it seems like every chick is 350lbs.

And you're complaining? :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/1/2020 at 12:23 PM, Master WG said:

There was a guy who kept writing poems.

And a mod who corrected people’s grammar (I found it really funny but many people hated it)

serendipity is still a member here but has been MIA for years, as far as I can tell.

There’s this one guy @vennie who was often the voice of reason (you’ve likely seen him around)

But for some reason, one guy REALLY took against him and started following him from one post to the next, insulting him, listing all the reasons why vennie is a jerk etc. Loads of members came to vennies defence because he’s a great guy and super friendly. Me being mischievous, jumped at the chance to create a “hate vennie” thread where we all jumped on him said what a jerk he was, for a few days. Of course it was a big joke, and I hope he saw it that way, and people were coming up with more and more creative “insults” like how likes him because of how nice and reasonable he is and so on. That was probably my most popular thread. If I recall correctly, I even reprised it a few more times.

I remember the site would go down sometimes and people would freak out because it was without notice. Loads of threads would be gone. And something about the site owner just disappearing sometimes. And didn’t one of them just disappear forever one time?

I'm still here.

I like the memory you wrote, haha. I forgot about that thread! The thread was in good fun, so I wasn't offended. I'm hard to offend in any case 😛
That guy though, what a dick lol. But alas, I can be an acquired taste. Mostly because of my dark humor, some people see me as an asshole.

The site owner you talk of was Mark or Phalloidium or something to that effect.

You know, I'm kind of surprised with a couple of these posts and how I'm mentioned in a positive manner. Thank you guys for that.

For fun, just a personal recap of my time in this little corner of the internet:

I started out creeping the yahoo group back in 2001 orso, and later became non-posting member (still creeping) of fatcelebs.org in 2003.
At some point, I posted some comments here and there, which made me anxious. You have to remember, this was at a time where I was still very much struggling with my preference for the more well-endowed women, and posting something almost felt like a guarantee of someone finding out I liked big girls.

But, once you made that first step, it gets easier and easier until you become one of fatcelebs/curvage top posters. Why? Because the forum had this little list where the 5 users with the most posts are shown + the ranking system. And, damnit, Atlya is not gonna get the better of me! He did make it difficult, that guy was a machine.

In any case, some years of posting alot around the fatcelebs forum followed, mainly to annoy Atlya. Also right up there in post count was Phalloidium, who eventually took over the site somewhere in 2007-ish?
This was also around the time I opened up the Curvage blog, because I felt I needed to give something back to the community after it helping me come to terms with my preference. I started posting pictures I found from everywhere for other people to enjoy. This would eventually morph into a blog where I reviewed BBW paysites in return for a free pass 😜

Because of this blog, which was meant to 'return the favor to the community', and the crazy amount of e-credits it landed me in the BBW community (and moderator status!), I started talking to Roxxie, Jae and eventually Plump Princess. So somewhere around this time (2008?) I entered into an (emberrassingly public) relationship with PP. My apologies, I was young and stupid and far too impressed to have landed this decidedly bottom-heavy bird. Mark, Phalloidium, had simultaniously entered into a relationship with Jae, hence her going to Toronto. This was also the time where we, at Curvage, would all spend our time in the webcam chatroom (off-site). That was alot of fun. Met alot of people that way. I remember, during this time, I was in The Hague and some guy (German, I believe) actually recognized me and came up to ask me if I was Vennie, lol. Obviously, I stabbed him in fear for my own life and ran away.

Anyway, in 2011 me and PP stopped dating and my obnoxious phase was over, lol. I think this was the time where Curvage opened up the famous chatroom. So alot of chatting followed, trashtalking certain models (:P). I feel like this was also the time where SJ77 started to appear. Who knew he would grow out to become such a pivotal person in the history of Curvage?
I kind of remember having alot of chatroom sessions with SJ, some pretty active girls (can't remember their names) and some other regulars. BC Britt, BC Caitidee, BC Becca, BBBXXL, Tiffany Lynn, etcetera among them.

Along the way we lost Atlya, for some obscure reason. I remember he went away after a fight or something?
We also lost Wilan, who is still rotting away in a Scandinavian prison.

Anyway, ever since 2011 orso, my work life picked up alot so focus shifted away from the community quite a bit. I've always been around though, checking up on Curvage and its people, since it's been such a huge part of my life for the last -almost- 20 years (HOLY SHIT).

I have also been in a relationship with a really cute 300lbs bottom-heavy BBW for the last 4 years, so I've been less active because of that too. I've been trying to get her to go on here. So she can read up on ways to get fatter all the good discussions that happen on this great forum!

Personally, I'm really glad SJ is taking such good care of this deserving site and community. He may not be an Original, he does deserves all the accolades!

9 hours ago, Master WG said:

Wow! Those are a really interesting stories!

Why did you feel it was obnoxious to date a model? I remember you as always being petty chill, although I was never in the chat rooms...

and is Wilan in prison real?? 😮 

You misunderstood. *I* was the one being obnoxious, for dating such a well known model :P

We don't really know what happened to Wilan. Working theory is he's in a Vietnamese prison.

spacer.png

• 7 months later...