A history of curvage?

darthstuffer

is there anyone still around from the days of the yahoo groups or any of the pre-curvage days? what was this place called back in those days? i think it was fatcelebs.net but what was gaininggirlfriend and why is that stuck in my head? i thought it might be nice if we put a little history together for the newbies or even some old vets like me who just can't remember everything. the origins of curvage started back in the late '90s if i remember correctly, maybe it was the early '00s. either way curvage had a long and storied history before the nuke, i think it'd be nice to have a place where some of those stories are told before they r lost forever.

anyone remember the long battle between atlyesque and serendipitous at the old fatcelebs site? what were some other defining moment in the history leading up to the modern curvage?

this is taking off very well, I'm so glad I started this thread. It took me a few days but I finally found a clip from the old fourms I found. the file was dated Dec-2005, these were copied directly from the forum page itself so i'm sure the format isn't going to transfer that well. it's a great snapshot of what life was like back on the fatcelebs forum as we were still trying to define who we were and what we liked and I can tell you, these definitions are direct quotes from the legends themselves. and now, a snapshot of our past:

What exactly is "Serendipitous" ?

As my esteemed colleague Atlya brought to my attention, the issue of sizing jargon on this site had not been addressed and following his lead I will attempt to describe what "Serendipitous" actually is.

Atlya wrote:

"Serendipitous" is known to define the "bottom side" of the spectrum of "female fattractiveness" while "Atlyaesque" is known to cover the "upper side" of it!

This is the most basic description, ie. that the smaller girls are "Serendipitous" and the larger ones are "Atlyaesque". Currently there is no recognised term for people lying between the extremes (though "Chapmanly" has been mooted recently). The terms derive from our names and as such are a reflection for the general taste we exhibit. As such, it is unlikely someone is will exactly slot into the description "Atlyaesque" or "Serendipitous" but as a general guide it seems to be useful to indicate the size of the girl.

So...what makes a girl..."Serendipitous"?

Body Shape

Quote:

Size range: 8st (102lbs // 46kg) < Serendipitous < 12st (168lbs // 76kg)

As you can see, this gives quite a large amount of room for maneouvering (especially when height and build are considered) but it would be a good estimate that 10st (140lbs // 63kg) is the "Serendipitous" average.

I tend to prefer girls who still have a "figure", as in definable waist, hips etc rather than them being big all over. I'm not a fan of flab, but prefer a softness all over (so no abs! lol). I prefer arms and legs to be relatively shapely but not fat. A nice ass with some softness and tone. Small to medium sized breasts in proportion to the body. Nice hips which join well with the waist. As for the tummy, I enjoy anything so long as it isn't hard and flat! I generally prefer an hourglass figure.

Bonuses

Quote:

Girls with tans, nice smiles, dark hair, glasses, fantastic eyes, and wonderful lips. They are all little things that give a girl a little OOMPH when you look at her. I also am a total sucker for girly girls in pink but thats unrelated again! Under 5"9 (1.75m) is good (5"4 is super!). I like a girl who has some form of dress sense and is well groomed with pride in herself. I don't like unkempt "slobbish" or laddish girls. Smoking is something I dislike, but I won't judge someone on that basis.

As you can see its fairly simple in words, but its even simpler in pictures. This should provide a decent range of "Serendipitous" girls. I hope you now understand what the term should refer to...

You can also find more pictures with comments here: http://www.fatcelebs.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3422&highlight=serendipitous+selection

What exactly is “Atlyaesque" ?

Well, it seems that the term "Atlyaesque" is starting to be quite used around here so I tought a little "aparté" about it could be necessary, especially for the new ones around here!

For those who don't know the terms "Serendipitous" and "Atlyaesque", those are actually trying to define different tastes about "fat girls". They're named after two of the contributors of these boards, Serendipity and Atlya (myself).

Those terms appeared one day through the keyboard of a contributor (don't remember which one(s) tough).

"Serendipitous" is known to define the "bottom side" of the spectrum of "female fattractiveness" while "Atlyaesque" is known to cover the "upper side" of it!

As those terms seems to be liked around here especially in order to recognize your "peers" (not that I want to create groups but more to make everyone feeling less alone in their own "taste"), I've decided to explain myself a bit more about my own "Atlyaesque" taste in order to maybe define it a bit more!

So... what makes a fat girl... "Atlyaesque"?

• Body shape

Well, the easiest factor to take into account is, of course (should I say), SIZE ! When you have an "Atlyaesque" taste, it means you like your girls QUITE BIG !

Most of the time and number-wise, I'll say the minimum is about 220-230 pounds (100kgs+) and the maximum still to define at the moment.

Quantity ain't all of course! For my part I prefer the fat to be well "distributed" (as in "evenly distributed"), so I'm a sucker for anything fat (why limit oneself :P): fat bottom, fat thighs, belly, big breasts but also fat arms and a chubby/rounded face!

If it's not "evenly distributed", I still like it a lot if the "top" is smaller than the "bottom", like a pear-shape if you want!

• Non-physical bonuses

And here you are! Basically the "Atlyaesque" category just look for BIG bodies, it is just a category! Everyone have different tastes!

But after the look on the quantity of matter, there're still some bonuses to take into account: fashion-sense, face cuteness, pride (just a tad bit!)...

For my part I have a thing for "tropical" beauties like blacks/asians, and a couple of other things like redhead or glasses (here we're in the "accessories" section should I say :P).

Of course there are also several categories of malus that can apply such as: smoking, slutty behavior, etc...

Well here we are! It's not that complicate to understand! Maybe I'll go and edit this topic in the future if there's any need to it and I'll leave you with a couple of examples of "Atlyaesque" babes!

Peace!

I don't endorse the copy-pasting of a post I had explicitely removed on the old forum.

does that mean you're not going to approve of my novel when I get it published because it references material like this? The only reason I kept this post was actually for research material/definitions.

Why was that thread removed from the old old forum? Was it the stir that it caused or did you actually take some flack from it or something? I remember it was a fun yet passionate conversation about body types. Am I remembering this wrong?