A history of curvage?

darthstuffer

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I too feel compelled to share my history and background with this group. I went by Howard, Howard Donaldson, HD, Monkey Man, Mason, and other monikers because I was too scared to share who I really was - didn't want my family or girlfriends to find out about my preferences. 

I lurked in the dimensions boards in the late 90s-early 2000s - the yahoo groups, the judgment of Paris site, and of course fat celebs (pre-curvage). At first I was turned on by all of the fat fiction at Dimensions with writers and posters like JayTee's "Jasmine's Secret", Jack Knowles' "The Final Mission", Weight Watcher's "My Athletic Friend", Admirer's "Bakery Girls" and "Rebecca's Grandmother", Maverick's "The Lesson", and too many others to count. I tried writing, poorly and ultimately decided it was easier to admire from afar.

When it came to women, I wasn't always fascinated by fatter women. Like many others, my gateway drug was beautiful big breasted women, like Marilyn Monroe and Anna Nicole Smith. I remember Alicia Machado (Miss Universe) and Monica Lewinsky turning me on, especially when I saw them on the cover of tabloids in stores. 

I also remember a "MODE Magazine" in the late 90s at a Barnes and Noble store that made me do a double take. Once I started seeing plus models in print, I was hooked. I started searching everywhere for plus models and that led me down a rabbit hole searching online. As several others shared though, download speeds in the mid-to-late 90s were slow and resources were scarce to find "sexy" photos quickly.

I stumbled across one of the yahoo groups that had posts about women I had never heard of, like Anita Ekberg, Elizabeth Taylor, Delta Burke, and others who were way before my time.

[Sidebar - when I joined the yahoo groups and fatcelebs, I remember lying about my age to make myself older. In my stupid teenage brain I though that would make me look cooler and I might meet some hot BBW poster and have a crazy affair. Needless to say, that never happened.]

Once I joined those groups, I found myself not just liking and lusting after celebrities, but plus size models. Then amateur models and "candid" photos of curvy women. 

In addition to the women Iisted above, I remember names of models/celebs that sent me searching through forums and groups, such as:
Kate Dillon
Emme
Liis 
Sophie Dahl
Charlotte Coyle
Shannon Marie
Jane Monheit 
Kelsey Olsen
Mia Tyler (Liv Tyler's sister)

I ended up subscribing to BigCuties Cherries, absolutely loving her gain over the years. I'm sure there are other models, but Cherries sticks out as she was the first and only one I ever paid for a long term subscription for.

There are way too many awesome contributors to list but among the old timers I remember fondly pushing me down the FA (fat admirer) path were @JayTee, @andygermany, @TheOwl, and Lardbiscuit. More recently @manliojavier's prolific posting of candid gaining women is incredible and I hope he feels the love from other FA's.

In general, I just want to thank everyone who has posted their memories, their favorite women/models/celebs over the years. It's given me a little corner of the internet where my "fetish" doesn't seem so strange.

Thanks all

I haven´t checked if I already wrote something here...but @Howarddonaldson mentioned me in his text, so I checked it out.

It´s nice to read that name as I remember him from my webmaster days (first Mic, then Dreamer...plus a few months for Sarah Big Butt and then there was an US-Model....but I can´t remember her name right now...she went on by herself after some weeks and got really really fat!). I remember that I got internet around 1998. I think I was exploring the still small web in that year and found Dimensions Magazine. This was the moment when I knew "I am not alone". Before that my taste in women seemed weird to most and also a little to me too. I was totally pumped to see that and I started my own German page called "Mollig Ist Chic". My girlfriend Mic just gained a few (she is called "a legend" today...but in fact she never was really fat, by today´s standards - see photo of us of 2002) and she agreed on letting me taking some pics of her...with our analog photocamera (of course...). I scanned and added some of those pics and the rest is history... She became the first BBW-/gaining model from Germany (or even Europe?). After a while it was my fantasies that became reality with pics of her eating, taking her measurements, outgrown clothes etc. I knew that from WG-stories (Dimensions Mag. ), but I think I haven´t seen any pics of that or a model using those topics for pics before. It might be that I have invented "those standards" or at least I was the first. Unfortunately Mic lost weight in the beginning of 2003 and within 3 months (!) there were nearly no members left.

I then went on with the model Dreamer who was a skinny lingerie-model on another paysite...became too big (for our eyes "a little chubby") for her fans...and I was there in the right moment to ask her doing a paysite with me. And again I just say: The rest is history...and in my opinion even more than Mic!! Still she (or we) was (were) offering the best content I have EVER seen on a BBW-related paysite (2003 to 2006). As you may know I am not into feedees or any girls who get fat on purpose. It´s boring to me. I love it when it just happens and this is what I was able to show off with Dream er in perfection...including some crying, red eyes from crying and of course real stories from her life back then. Again...the model lost weight and three to four months later....boom...nearly no members anymore. I can understand that, but financially I was very frustrated and I ended my webmaster-days and I learned, that all gaining stories are not going on forever! You just can hope...from day to day, or week to week!

I won´t mix this text up with my late music carrere and my current other work within the music scene...but since some weeks I am completely inactive in "our scene". The last thing I did during the last 10 or so years was sharing my "observation work" on social media on the German page Schwabbelmagazin. But this got frustrating too in the last months and I simply haven´t uploaded anything since three weeks now. I have learned that it´s also exciting to keep all those secrets for myself...and one day I will sell all that stuff, albums and videos, on a 3 TB harddrive for 500 Euros each! I am sure...no...I know that I have the biggest and best collection of gaining allday girls in Europe...or even worldwide. I worked hard for that!

I can´t find much exciting content these days anymore. It´s cool too see manliojavier and a few others posting similar gaining girls from social media, but I was never happy with only a few pics...and when I had no chance to have a look and observe the original source of these girls (Facebook etc.). It´s nice to see all these postings here but they are NOT satisfying for as I know...I could do a better and make 300 pics out of those 5 or 10.
Other postings show all those body-positive-girls that get my full support in real life (yes, I am still a "public FA") but are not really satisfying for...well...when I want to have a good time with the web...except they would tell stories of how their parents are mad about their gain or similar stuff. I think you got me here by now, or? Gaining on purpose or being "fat and happy" is not my personal taste - even I aprreciate and support it in "real life".
So basically...I am here once or twice a week but it´s rare that I find content that I really think is exciting. I am checking the videos-section for youtube links (or tiktok) but most of the stuff ain´t my thing. Here´s something I did and that I prefer:

That´s "real deal" stuff for me...! That´s what I am looking for in pics and videos (with knowing the original sources)....and I rarely find that here.

Paysite models? The only exciting active model for me is BeccaBae as I know her from MYSPACE, which was her before. I am not interested in ANY BBW without knowing a "before". When there is no "Before"....the girl is not of interest to me (again: It´s different in real life). But even here: I might cancel my membership soon as Becca was not offering any weigh in since over a year and in some pics/vids she is not looking any bigger. I am still waiting some weeks but...I guess another story is over (at least for me).

I am sorry for not sounding any more positive. I have my sources that are still exciting but they are beyond the official BBW-/FA-world...out there on social media. The last "sexy content" for me as a FA with several sub-fetishes...but beyond the FA-mainstream.

img639.jpg

Unbenannt - 7.jpg

I wanted to add that @andygermany, your Mic and Dreamer sites (as well as the posts on various forums) were and are still some of the best posts of gaining girls out there. Thanks for all you've shared and I hope you continue to share in the future. 

One day, if you do that 3TB hard drive sale, I'd like to be considered for a purchase!

Edited by Howarddonaldson3
Typos

On 10/13/2020 at 10:53 PM, Howarddonaldson3 said:

If someone still has access, it'd be great to download and archive some of that here! (Sadly I do not anymore)

I still have access but there doesn't really seem to be much to archive unless I'm missing something.

I feel like I remember content was posted in messages.... right? I don't see any messages now. Looks like all that is left is the about page of each group.

• 1 year later...
  • Curvage Model
On 9/6/2012 at 12:38 PM, S77 said:

Yes, the legacy is very important. I will add, what I know a bit later. Thanks for this thread.

EDIT:: here we go below

I shall give a stab at this, perhaps it can be somewhat of a cross reference to GTAs post. I will try and be a little more broad during the PRECURVAGE years and branch out beyond curvage a bit, as I think it's relevant to a degree and GTA already did a good job on the just curvage stuff. Like GTA this is going to be all from my head so please fact check me where im off.

The dark ages. 1998 & before

The internet was really in it's infancy and so were modern computers.  Having one with a video card that could do any justice to the supple beauty of a curvy woman was a luxury.  This not to mention it was almost impossible to actually find a decent picture of a fat chick online during this time.  If you weren't browsing through a gopher hole or in an AOL hosted walled garden then you were likely circa 1998 and using netscape navigator.  With netscape navigator and lycos you might find some good photos of Cindy Crawford layered over a grey background and you had to wait for it because you were on dial up.  If you were lucky it was a speedy 56K baud dial up modem.  Who can forget that sound of trying to log in? "buzz-chaa-bing-oweoweowe-buzzzzz-rrrrbing"  Think of this, there was no google, no facebook, no youtube, no myspace. Hell javascript barely ran correctly, forget php!  So back to the fat chicks. I remember there was a photo or two floating around but man was it a hell of a search to find one small photo which I say "small" because if you found something it likely wasn't high quality like the Cindy Crawford photo.  Notable sources for fat chick images during this era are southerncharms, sexysheryl, Dimensions magazine and KellyGirl had a webzine.

1999 - 2001

This was the period when the internet gave way to the roots that eventually led to where we are today.  Search engines I used a lot during this time were  lycos, yahoo, altavista, webcrawler and dogpile.  They all seemed to come up with different stuff so it was important to search them all for "fat chicks", "fat belly" "big ass" or anything else one could come up with.  It was somewhat like a treasure hunt.  Since most websites were static during this time things like phpbb and smf weren't ubiquitous as they are today.  I don't even think they existed yet.  As such a new thing called yahoo groups was becoming  popular. Web 2.0 (user driven content ) was starting to give way and yahoo groups was a great platform for regular people to make groups about many topics. (more on this in a bit)

I will go through and name some names and events I remember.

- Pre ** the current admin, had a website that featured his inflation art and also had some bbw stuff.

-Fattenup was a great site that had some good pictures. Was an early gainer site. Also an early forum.

-Fantasy feeder was brand new during this time and had no CMS system driving the site. The thing I remember was that there was a game about making girls gain weight. I remember thinking, "nobody is going to provide content to this site" I was hopeful but I thought it was a pipe dream.  I turned out to be wrong about that.

- Mandys playhouse was launched.

- Heathers lair.. ?? pre-bigcuties.

-sexy mic was gaining in germany

-Kelly Girl had already become a star within the community that was forming.

-this fat chick named Betty who was the first person I ever saw drink cream from a funnel. 

-Mindy Teats has her own site, she gained and published the now defunct  bigbutt magazine.

-Fatgirlfriends site. A website where a guy documents the weight gain of his fat girlfriend named Angela. At first the site was about how he hates what is happening to his once sexy girlfriend. Eventually it was revealed that he loved every bit of it.

-Tim the future boyfriend of Nikki (gaining goddess) had a different girl named Michelle whom he successfully encouraged to gain a good amount of weight. He got some pretty good photos to.

-Dimensions forums begins to become more popular and the magazine sees fewer and fewer updates.

-S77 (yours truly) launches his first popular fat girls website called  FatterWomen. On the FatterWomen website you could choose which size female you wanted to see and the level of nudity. Also there was a model submission section. A model by the name of Heidi submitted some very sexy photos. Within a few weeks she changed her name to  Brooke.  After submitting 4 picture sets to FatterWomen she made her own site and continued to gain weight.  FatterWomen didn't last long 1999-2001

2002 - 2003

Around the web there was a guy who went by the name LuketheDuck.  He used the yahoo groups to create one called fat celebs.  The birth of modern day Curvage had begun.  I was a member of this yahoo group.  I checked it and about 50 others quite a bit. Do you remember having a big list of yahoo groups? Group owners would make a second group and a third group with the same name if to many pictures were posted.  I remember one group had a series of like 14 different iterations.

Also notable. 

-Gaining goddess starts posting photos around the web and on her site.

-Fantasyfeeder begins to take off.

-KellyGirl dissappears.

Fatcelebs leaves yahoo groups and announces that it now has its own webpage.  The full blown FatCelebs  website is born. This is when Phalliodium joined the site.  For the first year or so FatCelebs was restricted somewhat to on topic FatCeleb stuff. I remember eventually more and more forums were added and topics started to expand

2007 is a BIG year for (the soon to be) Curvage.  FatCelebs had started to have many forums unrelated to celebrities.  There was some debate about whether the website had lost it's focus or if it had expanded to something better.  Luke decided that it needed to be reborn under a more fitting title and on Jan 9th 2007 Curvage.com was born.  Older members were allowed to keep their prestige,  post count was saved, and sign up date. For example under Atlyas name it said 2004. S77 account was started in 2007 on Curvage.com shortly after "Curvage" was started.  Although I had been on and off  the old FatCelebs site with different accounts prior to this mostly lurking. 

While Curvage was a new site with a deep history and growing community, it's founder Luke was growing weary with his already 3 year endeavor.  Sadly on May 17th 2007 Curvage was closed.  Instead of seeing Curvage we were greeted with the following  cold message. " Unfortunately, due to spiralling resource usage and a lack of continued motivation on my part, Curvage has now closed. If there is someone serious who feels they would like to take the project on and retain what has become a solid community, then e-mail luketheduck @ blahblah.com" 

Phalliodium/Mark/Spock  (he's a man of many names) stepped up to take on the job. Mark was ambitious and had big plans for Curvage. On May 20 2012 Curvage was back and user accounts and all posts were retained. Phalliodium was going to expand on the site over all and have the forums only be one small section.  He replaced the front page with this message: " This is the new home of Curvage The only thing here right now are the forums: http://www.curvage.com/forum/"

This had everyone waiting for new and exciting elements to the Curvage experience. Although it was unclear what else was going to be added. Perhaps it was going to be something like the old dimensions website.

2008 - early 2010

These are the Curvage.com glory days. The site was building momentum seemingly faster every day. More and more content was being posted and it was getting harder to keep up.  For the first time the Alexa score for Curvage.com dipped below 100K and Atlya couldn't actually read EVERY post.  However, by March 8th 2009 There had been nothing new added to the root level of Curvage and since the forums were already in a child directory "/forums" The Curvage splash page was born to replace the "new home of curvage" root page message.

Also notable during this time frame S77 Launched LoveTheseCurves.com on March 10th 2009 Vennie and Testdrive sign up and start posting like crazy. Also Tygerkitty signs up a week later.

late 2010

For reasons still unknown to me Curvage.com switches to Curvage.org.  In my mind this was the start of Spocks lost interest in Curvage.

However on the plus side LoveTheseCurves gets it's famous and very lovely bannergirl posted on the banner for the first time.

2011- early 2012

This period represents a massive Curvage Decline.  It was clear that the leader had lost interest and the apathy seemed to trickle down.  Most of the mods had lost their excitement and things began to feel repetitive and old.  This combined with repeated down time, and other technical trouble really began to weigh down the overall success of the site.  For a long time viewing pictures was not as easy as it once was because of technical trouble.  A new skin left out many features that people had become accustom to and SSL errors made it so some people couldn't even log in.  Eventually Spock placed a message saying that he had lost interest and it was clear that he had lost interest for some time.  There was talk of a solution, perhaps the site would be passed on or remotely managed by proxy. We had a long discussion thread about the fate of Curvage going but little to no reply from Spock.  It wasn't all lost interest,  there are some other drivers behind what he was doing and why but our discussion about it was going nowhere and Atlya locked the thread.  A month or two more went by with no word, until suddenly and without warning Curvage went dark. Complete and total silence.  The worst had happened. The database had been nuked.  Many in this moment suddenly realized how much Curvage meant to them now that they didn't have it anymore.  people were shocked, horrified, emotional and there was a massive outcry around the web.

summer 2012

Curvage returns, This time user accounts were not saved and all content was lost. However with new energy from all and a strong sense of revival. Members flock back in droves and the rebuild begins. Many have colloquially began referring to the new revival as Curvage 2.0.  Long live Curvage!!

Jan 2013

A new home page was added to Curvage. The Splash page remains but quickly redirects to a new homepage which works as a portal for the rest of the website. The home page contains links, and useful stuff about what is going on in the forums. It also highlights recent posted photos.

July 2014

Curvage finally gets a new logo and ditches the splash screen girl that had been used for many years.

New logo features pinup stlye BBW silhouette. Also Picture tab was added to more easily navigate Curvage for pictures. Picture threads were resigned to have recent thumbnail image pics atop the board to see recently posted pictures to the board. Each picture board containing it's own set of thumbnails. The celebrities board was renamed FatCelebs in honor of Curvage heritage. 

Jan 2016

The entire Curvage website is remade from the ground up after a return from a short week break during the Christmas/new year holiday. The new website retained the old content but was switched to IPS based software which added a whole new and more modern look and feel to the site. Curvage became responsive and could run in mobile browsers, had functioning notification system and community reputation points along with improved profiles, and ability to find people in your location using google maps technology. Many things were much more dynamic and the site had a badly needed make over and modernized improvements.

Feb 2017

The Curvage Alexa score has surpassed all previous records by a long shot. It hit low 62K. Which indicates Curvage is the most popular it's ever been. 

Curvage Clips was introduced. A photo and clips store where models can sell their material right here on Curvage.

Jan 2019
By Jan 2019 Curvage has reached a lot Alexa score of about ~35K world wide. Also Goddess Shar has firmly landed in the records as a legendary Curvage model. She is the first Curvage member to reach 20K+ reputation points plus she has many thousands of Curvage followers.

I really don't feel like checking for typos etc,.. so take this for what it's worth. Also I am well aware that this is by no means the unabridged version of the story so if I left something out please post and amend this thread with your updates.

I HAD to bump this ❤️ I was reallllly curious, I bet other people are too :) thanks @S77