A history of curvage?

darthstuffer

• 2 weeks later...

Been here since the olden days. Mostly a lurker, occasional poster of opinions and health related stuff. I vaguely remember the fatgirlfriends site mentioned having a forum that got shut down, causing a mass migration to the Fat Celebs boards. At the time, I also frequented the various Yahoo Groups (may they rest in peace) and the pages of various models including Brooke, an SSBBW named Cindy before the term SSBBW was invented, and others I can't remember the names of who have come and gone. 

I remember the triad of mods Serendipity, Chapman, and Atlya had the ranges of FA preference named after them. Serendipitous = curvy, Chapmanly = BBW, Atlyaesque = SSBBW. 

There was also a female mod Ayumi who had a thread documenting her gain from skinny to serendipitous. She was very influential in shaping the culture of Curvage. But then she left the scene and became skinny again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2012 at 1:31 PM, vennie said:

Here's the Curvage history from my perspective.

2003:

I started fapping.

2004:

I fapped.

2005:

I fapped.

2006:

I fapped.

2007:

I fapped.

2008:

I fapped.

2009:

I fapped.

2010:

I fapped.

2011:

I fapped.

2012:

I'm still fapping.

I knew I read that before!!!

Alright fuckers, here's me two pence:

I remember the Yahoo! groups,  Smootie Love's Boobie Club, Groovy's Butt Expansion club are a few of the others among Fatcelebs I used to troll. I can't remember my username back then, it was likely Challengerta.geo (show of hands, who had a Geocities site?!? I know WazUpGrl did!), or Kellysrocket. Fuck, that was 2002. I remember Monkeyboy's Morphs, and Starman77's art. This is like listening to Moody Blues on an 8 track again. I digress. 

I got my fatgirl fix on the old groups, and Dims. 

I lurked on Curvage in '08 timeframe. I kept that on the down low, I had an insecure girlfriend who would forbid me from going on Myspace, so I didn't do much online stuff, until I left her and Arizona, moved back to California, met Roxxie, had the red bike in a fatgirl magazine, and later joined the uniformed circus.

I logged back on Curvage after bootcamp, and I saw a world of users, Honeyhush, Plasmodium, TxRanger1972, Spock, and some goofy Dutch fucker dating a model chick in Canada. Lucky bastard.

I don't remember much over the next few years. Messed around with a few fatgirls in Mississippi, was with a web model for a hot second, met a girl who wasn't 350 lbs, got ridiculed for dating someone who wasn't an ssbbw. Married that one. She was my avatar for a long time. 

Didn't need the fatgirl fix, but I love me some pears, and I love this community. Started a thread with a bunch of hot chicks, some cars, and plot lines that weren't as wild as Francoting's. Made friends here. Made some real life friends out of this site. Enjoyed AndyGermany's threads, and wondered where he found all those babes.

Kept the "I love pears" thread up and going for a long fucking time. Site crashed. Everything was gone. I remembered SuperJ707 and some other kid vying for ownership of the site. I know we went to LTC, and I thought another site for asylum. I can't remember. It's been a long time. 

I can't remember the other kid that was making his idea of Curvage after Spock(?) let it go. SuperJ707 had the servers, capital, and knowledge to keep our site afloat. The other kid struck fast, and had some Curvage-y site up pretty fast. I think it was a carbon copy of the precrash site. He wanted me to be a mod there, I declined.

SJ got the domain, and we were back in business!

I had pears up and running, and it was the 36th thread created under the new site. 36. Some of the last threads on that format had a six figure  number. I think the 400+ thread was the only numerically lower thread that was still going strong.

It was during that first few days when I was rebuilding that we didn't have much traffic other than spambots, and they were shitting over everything,  everywhere. I asked SJ for modpowers, just because they were popping up faster than he could smite them.

So the sheriff got a badge, and a Colt 45.

The Curvage refugees returned, and SuperJ and the Curvage wannabe had the meeting on the steps on the Appomattox Courthouse. I don't remember specifics, it's been a while, but the refugees had a stable home again.

Some of the older users never returned (again, I still think of TXRanger1972's avatar, I think it was Rock Hudson leaning on the wing of a Beechcraft), but we got our friends that made the experience what it was. The great part? Now if someone did something stupid, I could make them spend a Night (or 13) In The Box. 

John Sanzone did his share of trolling, but I think once BBBXL entered the picture, she kept him busy. Francoting would post whimsical stories through photos. I imagined him as an eccentric Rodney Bergenheimer, or a John Smith minus the Rambling Manifestos. 

AndyGermany was posting awesome shit. We had chats, and chat parties (is this the wrong timeline here?). We had a Curvage meet in Long Beach. JessyJiggles posed on my Red Bike, and amazingly enough, Alyssa didn't slap her into next week after her less than intelligent commentary. Shit, I'm going way out of sequence here.

Alright, Russian Bots. We had an Imperial Fuckton of those little bastards that joined the site, and were time delay bombs waiting to happen. I spent my time interspersing Johnny Depp quotes with cars and fat girls on a picture thread, threatening to ban idiots over dumbassery, and cleaning the member logs of Russian Bots. That was easy to find... In the member roster, the bots had .ru email addresses, AIM, MSN, Yahoo!, and ICQ handles. Not one or three, but all of them. There were thousands of those things. Line by line, I banned each one. I think per capita, I've banned the most here by that alone. In either case, I'll do it again!

Hello things happened in the past 3 years a relationship on again off again with Camaro Girl, Another girl and even Avatar girl was somewhere in the mix. But again the rest of what happened to outside Curvage isn't relevant here.

Anyway, that's my take on this memory lane stuff...

Get the fuck off my lawn before I ban your ass for two weeks!!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok, I'm  bumping this thread because reading it made me feel all nostalgic. I have one semi-interesting tidbit to add, and a few reminiscences.

My introduction to this little corner of the internet was through finding the "Stories" section on Dimensions. "Liv Tyler Takes a Break" by Swordfish changed my life.

I remember all the old sites mentioned by others, MyFatGirlfriend was huge for me as was FattenUp which I had completely forgotten about. MollyCoddles old angelfire site was one I didn't see mentioned that occupied a lot of my time. There was another site that was just morphs of celebrities that would make you laugh out loud if you saw them today but they were very, very important to me back then. At some point I scored a log in to CurvyDreamer's site from a shady Russian forum (sorry Andy, I was in highschool, I pay for my content these days). That was pretty big for me.

I found the original curvage.com when it was in it's infancy, it must have been within days of it's opening. This was when Luke was running it before Phal took over. I started an account and accrued over 1000 posts before some things went down in my personal life and I stepped away... I returned with a vengeance and became a very active, semi-infamous poster. I know for a fact that KFD banned me a few times (I deserved it). 

I remember when curvage first added a chatroom, it was barely used. I used to hang out in there talking to Honeyhush and Donuts (RIP) late into the night.

At some point in there I was the guy who started the minor Curvage meme of saying that a model who disappeared was "in jail" in response to the dozens of threads that would pop up asking what happened to so-and-so. I left the site for a long time and when I came back a few years ago I was shocked to see that still popping up once in a while. 

The "dark years" of Curvage that S77 refers to, the years right before he took over, were dark years for me as well... Some of my positing was pretty antagonistic or just bizarre... While it got me put in "time out" in the more wild-west version of Curvage, it definitely did not fly in S77's vision for the site. I was (again, justifiably, I was a real piece of work) permanently banned sometime after the 2012 relaunch. I think that people who "knew me" on the site knew that I was just joking around, but I think that it was also pretty unfriendly to outsiders. I wouldn't enjoy interacting with that person now.

I stayed away from Curvage for a long time. I'm sure that I made an account here or there but I didn't post much if at all. This account is 2 years old. I'm surprised, i thought that it was older. I guess I was truly out of the loop for a long time.

Curvage is different now, but so am I. Anyway. Thought that anyone who hadn't seen this thread recently, or missed it entirely (like me) would get a kick out of seeing it again.

(ps, I think he's still around but who remembers Siegleman? Control yourselves! All around is Siegel-sound...)

18 minutes ago, boss frond said:

MyFatGirlfriend was huge for me as was FattenUp which I had completely forgotten about. MollyCoddles old angelfire site was one I didn't see mentioned that occupied a lot of my time.

I remember mollycoddles and possible myfatgirlfriend. Was that the one with all the cropped pics of some chick who gained a bunch? It was really pink and had the aesthetic of a paysite, except it wasn’t actually a paysite. If it’s the one I’m thinking of, updates were rare and eventually it remained unchanged for years.

20 minutes ago, boss frond said:

At some point in there I was the guy who started the minor Curvage meme of saying that a model who disappeared was "in jail"

That was you?? I still roll out that meme now and then. There was another meme about saying “she moved to England” or “opened a bakers shop in England” which was around years ago. I first remember the “moved to England” one when someone asked where Kelligirl went. And this was years after she left the scene. 😂

Did you always have the same username?

• Moderators
10 hours ago, boss frond said:

I know for a fact that KFD banned me a few times (I deserved it).

season 16 episode 10 GIF

10 hours ago, boss frond said:

ps, I think he's still around but who remembers Siegleman? Control yourselves! All around is Siegel-sound...

@Sigelman is still around, but had some greater trouble to adjust himself to new Curvage than you did... -_-

That was you?? I still roll out that meme now and then. There was another meme about saying “she moved to England” or “opened a bakers shop in England” which was around years ago. I first remember the “moved to England” one when someone asked where Kelligirl went. And this was years after she left the scene. 😂

Did you always have the same username?

Yeah that was me. My own little contribution to the scene!

I had a few different names, this one is a fresh one, just something random.

Wazupgirl. Atomic Vomit and Tubular Belle. Yahoo Groups. O'Brewski's girlfriend.  Chromix's girlfriend.  Tiff and Andy. Fat Girlfriends ( her name was Angela) Fattenup. The Weight Room on Dimensions.  And Swordfish has never written a story I didn't Love. So glad he has come back and has a story here. 

2 hours ago, goodgirlgrow said:

Hey guys, felt this was worth a mention here. The Yahoo! Groups servers go down December 15th of this year.

Are the fatcelebs pages still there?!? I would have assumed they disappeared long ago. I still remember when I found them in middle school 20 years ago. The end of an era.

If middle school me, trying to jack it, while waiting for the dial up to slowly load up a shitty quality jpeg posted to a yahoo group, saw the type of material posted around here today, I think my dick would have exploded.😂😂😂

I found out I was into this from a free TV guide that came in the mail in 1996 ( I know I’m old) it had a section in it talking about celebs who got fat and right at the beginning was Anna Nicole Smith in that red dress. I hopped onto the internet with my 56k modem and started digging and haven’t looked back since. I was probably 11-12 years old when I stumbled upon the weight room on dimensions.