A history of curvage?

darthstuffer

Woah, how come @Avataг became a mod after being here for 5 minutes but I didn’t after being here from the yahoo groups? 😮 

Anyway, I’m kidding. I never did post much so the admins didn’t know me. In fact, the only reason I ever left a comment, was because an admin wanted to do a bit of housekeeping and made a rule that if you didn’t leave a comment by a certain date, your account was being deleted. I made my first comment as soon as I saw the warning and I’ve posted/commented much more ever since.

Guest ssbbwlove

BigCuties Cherries I think was my gateway into this fetish. I saw pictures of her weight gain and something just clicked about how much hotter she was at the larger size. But still, I wanted to see her bigger and that should have been my first sign that SSBBWs were what really did it for me. I think Boberry is the one that sealed the deal on that one, though. Once I saw her, I knew super sized was what I was really into. 

47 minutes ago, Master WG said:

Hey @S77, I’ve been meaning to ask. Is there any data left at all anywhere from the fat celebs days? Was curvage a completely blank slate? I guess I’m feeling nostalgic...

Sure on the way back machine :)

I have this screen shot of the other site I mentioned 

05A9BB4F-2F3E-4399-8CBA-09DB8ABE80F8.jpeg

for me... it's been about 15 years since i discovered this wonderful world i think. the first ones ? curvydreamer oh my, what a wondeful gain that was. things were different. it was a world of extremes where there were some already very fat ladies and other a bit confused about what to do with the fetish. i think know we are in a better position with gaining being more accepted and many young chubby girls going for it while also having the ssbbw's that we love. plumpprincess was also one of the first that i remember. gaininggodess, a hall of fame should be somewhere for us to visit

• Curvage Model

For me it’s been around 10 years. In the closet for the first part as I didn’t really know what the fetish was. I also wasn’t old enough! But when I was finally comfortable enough to stop with society’s pressure of dieting and keeping fit - I came out to my partner back then. Haven’t looked back since and I’m I think 150+lbs up from where I started. 

12 minutes ago, ChubbyCupcake said:

For me it’s been around 10 years. In the closet for the first part as I didn’t really know what the fetish was. I also wasn’t old enough! But when I was finally comfortable enough to stop with society’s pressure of dieting and keeping fit - I came out to my partner back then. Haven’t looked back since and I’m I think 150+lbs up from where I started. 

Congratulations on the 150+. You must be super happy to be living you best life, being your biggest self!

I can’t remember exactly when I signed up here initially. I know I was on the board lurking back when it was still Fat Celebs, though I have left and come back a time or two. Hoping I am going to start being a little more active.

Anyway, in terms of when I actually started engaging with feedism, I was poking around back on the old Dimensions Magazine site, and I remember waiting for over an hour to download videos of a bbw gainer names Brooke over dial-up. Wish I could remember her whole name, but she was the first gainer I really remember admiring. I definitely was hooked by the time Plump Princess and Gaining Goddess has their sites running and I kept up with them, among others, like Sexy Mic and Curvy Dreamer. Back before it was so much easier to find other like-minded folk online. I feel like an old grognard now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/1/2020 at 6:12 AM, Master WG said:

I’ll get us started...

There was this one woman, kellygirl(?) and she was like the most famous fat chick in the world. I knew about her but she was way before my time. She left the scene and then people started saying she moved to England/opened a bakery etc. Then one day, years after she left, I was in a thread where someone started repeating these rumours again and loads of people started piling on saying “how do you know!?” But there were no answers.

I decided to crank things up because of just how funny the rumours were becoming. I started off saying she went to prison, but then started to try coming up with more and more absurd reasons for her leaving the scene. For some reason, some members just couldn’t accept that she had her own reasons for leaving. There needed to be some big scandal or revelation for her leaving. So if you’ve ever seen someone in the community ask why someone left and then someone reply “she went to prison”, completely out of context, it’s probably continuation of that kelligirl thread, even if the commenter doesn’t know it.

There was an AOL chat room called "fat and gaining." I used to chat with Kelligirl way back before she started her short lived site "fattenup."  She was an amazing woman...  very attractive, fat and getting fatter on purpose.  I loved how her belly filled her pants so nicely.  She once told me she wanted to reach 600 lbs.  Shortly after that she vanished forever.

9 hours ago, rickgm said:

Shortly after that she vanished forever.

Did she end up in prison/England? 😂

also, did you ever come across these persistent, unsubstantiated rumours about her going to prison? I’d love to know where that started.

It says in my profile that i've been here since April 22, 2017, which seems to align with my memories about this place. The reason i didn't know about Fat Celebs was because before getting into real models and whatnot i was more into drawn weight gain, my first DeviantArt account dates back to 2010, which is crazy because i was, like, 10 or 11 at the time?? Well, admittedly, i was a horny little girl lmao

I first got into male weight gain, but it didn't work too well for me, later i'd come in terms with my homossexuality.

Reading this brings back a few memories!

I've been around since the Fat Celebs days too. Hell, I've been around since the very early days of the Dimensions website. Spent many a happy hour in the Dimensions chatroom (ah the joys of seeing someone thinking they were sending a private message and it appeared in general chat for everyone to read :p) and a lot of less so happy ones too. That place was utterly xenophobic back then. Pretty sure the site is still going, but I haven't been back in several years.

And Brooke? I bought one of her vids too. Took ages to arrive (I'm in the UK), but it did. Hand labelled VHS tape and a very nice handwritten letter!

I remember joining the multiple Yahoo Groups around 2003(?) and then becoming a member of fatcelebs.net circa 2005-6. My first username was aliceinc (a reference to Alice in Chains the music band) and I remember lurking for a while before changing to my current username. I remember scouring diet blogs and myspace (facebook wasn't much to look at) and I would post found content about every week. That would have been from 2007 to maybe a few years after.

Wilan was the mod who used to correct grammar lol. Wonder if he is still around somewhere.

I think Chapman and Vennie are some of the "earlier" mods who are still actively posting? There used to be Durin, Jun, Serendipity as mentioned above, Tigerrag, Stolemyhat, Honeyhush, and many more I can't remember right now. Atlya was a mod for a time before he rode off into the sunset.

Loki was another poster I used to enjoy reading, even if I didn't agree with his views. I always felt he should be a writer. I think he's still around here.

I've gravitated towards the mid-range body weights for women, never got into the SSBBW preferences. But ask me again in 5 years...

A few people used to post some amazing content regularly, like Manateee, Comperic, Laban, ggoom, some others too. Think Xpwnage but the quality spread through 5-10 posters at the same time on a regular basis.

Facebook really started to heat up for finding pictures at some point. It was the hot thing to use for younger adults. I've felt Instagram and others have claimed that title present day.

I think there's a glut of content on the internet for pictures of fat women right now and it can be a challenge to really gather and categorize and share the stuff. It really does take a lot of time, and there's more being added CONSTANTLY, so a lot of the time the temptation is just to sit back and not share.

Forums in general aren't as active as they were 5-10 years ago, so it's AMAZING that Curvage is still a thing in 2020, with new people joining. Hats off.

Guest grateful

I also want to report that in my experience, weight gain has been the biggest pull on FA sites, even though feeders are considered "outlaws" by many.

I remember of the four chat rooms on the Dimensions Magazine site, the most popular was the weight gain channel because these "outlaw" feeders tended to be way more open minded and liberal with people.  It was the nicer crowd.

Lol, I'd forgotten Dimensions had multiple rooms! Yeah, the weight gain one was often the most active. I used to love it when the popular people from the main room came into the weight gain room because they were bored at the lack of action in there and got really annoyed when people tried to engage them in weight gain chat 😛

I've been involved in this community since the mid-late 90's.  I think I started with the "Fat and Gaining" AOL group referenced earlier, along with the original Yahoo Clubs, which then became Yahoo groups around the turn of the century.  As I'm reading all the other posts here, some real blasts from the past are coming back to me, like Dimensions, DeviantArt and FatCelebs.  Incredible how far this community has come.  The "OG" Brooke from Canada is probably the first model I can remember really following, along with Plump Katarina from my Yahoo Groups days, who I connected with again over on **.

On 2/4/2020 at 6:41 PM, Master WG said:

Did she end up in prison/England? 😂

also, did you ever come across these persistent, unsubstantiated rumours about her going to prison? I’d love to know where that started.

I never heard the prison rumors.  I know that she did move to England with her boyfriend before she disappeared.  Then I heard she moved back to New Jersey.  That was the last I heard.  So I just figured she broke up with her boyfriend and had an epiphany that she didn't want to be fat anymore.  That is just my own unsubstantiated guess of what happened.

5 hours ago, bozak said:

I've been involved in this community since the mid-late 90's.  I think I started with the "Fat and Gaining" AOL group referenced earlier, along with the original Yahoo Clubs, which then became Yahoo groups around the turn of the century.  As I'm reading all the other posts here, some real blasts from the past are coming back to me, like Dimensions, DeviantArt and FatCelebs.  Incredible how far this community has come.  The "OG" Brooke from Canada is probably the first model I can remember really following, along with Plump Katarina from my Yahoo Groups days, who I connected with again over on **.

A pioneer writer named "Melanie Bell" was the first to make me realize that there really were women who wanted to get fatter.  I think she wrote for Dimensions back in the mid 90s.

On 2/3/2020 at 2:32 PM, ChubbyCupcake said:

I love to hear from women like yourself.  I hear the term "fat acceptance" alot but to me, that is somewhat degrading.  It implies that one accepts the fact that they are in an undesirable state.  "Fat loving" or "feedee on the other hand is the complete opposite.  When a man (or woman) is attracted to fat bodies, there is nothing more arousing than hearing a partner say they WANT to get fatter.  It is incredibly erotic.