Am I in the wrong here? (Patron Content)

Caligro

Long story short as some people on here may recognize my user, there's a profile on Deviantart named "Triple B Lovers" who has since moved his premium collection over to Patron. I get it, guy wants to be paid for his obviously time - consuming work.

So I sign up, fill out personal info including cc info and bam, I'm now a supporter. Money is charged to card.

Guy claims that it is only taken once per month, "cause that's how Patron works." Meanwhile all of his files are password encrypted and he doesn't give them out but once a month. Not to be redundant but yet again, money has been charged and I'm not able to do anything with it.

Now there's a small flame war brewing because I brought it to his attention on his public message board (did not see the option of private pm until switching to desktop mode on chrome browser through android tablet). I may have been a bit rude and catty I admit, but am I in the wrong here to see it this way?

Well it's your money you have a right to voice your concern, the only; I guess negative thing you've done is post it on his public page. (should have tried to sort it out privately first before going public if it wasn't satisfactorily settled) Which as long as he clarifies and explains the situation won't cast him in a bad light.

Just make sure that if he does resolve it in a satisfactory way you shower him with praise to make up for posting it in public and potentially setting back is public image.

On another note I have no idea how that 'Patron' site works and it sounds strange to me that you pay once a month to things you can only access once during that month and are password protected the rest of the time? Sounds suspicious to the casual observer.

Are you talking about Patreon? Or is Patron a different thing?

If you have an issue, it is better to attempt to bring it up privately first. It should be easy to contact someone who is charging money, they should make it easy to contact them directly, and you should make an effort to do so. It is a judgment call about whether you were "in the wrong" about public board etiquette. You probably made a mistake.

Maybe this guy made some mistakes, too. If he wants your money, he will address your concerns. If not, you stop supporting him. No need to take any of this to heart or be dramatic about it.

If you can't afford to risk a little bit of money to support stuff you like, in the future talk to other patrons/customers and make sure that the artist/seller has a history of satisfaction.

Guest Phd281

if things get out of hand call your bank or credit card company to get a charge back placed on him for non deliverance.