Christina Hendricks

jacknife

Guest AbeVanHelsing

This could be good actually: as a no-name actress, she'll do anything to make a name for herself- including gaining 70 lbs to play Anna ay her biggest.

Guest Fatcelebfan

This could be good actually: as a no-name actress, she'll do anything to make a name for herself- including gaining 70 lbs to play Anna ay her biggest.

LOL, maybe, but I'm still disappointed that Christina didn't get the role.

That's what happens when society at large comes up with creative ways to make people feel comfortable in their own skin.  There are plenty of large or 'fat' women who are neither 'curvy' or 'full figured' just like there are plenty of 'smaller' women who are.  The words 'curvy' and 'full figured' are way over used today.  'What's wrong with calling someone fat or overweight.  I see nothing wrong with it and if a person who is fat and comfortable with who they are is called as such they will not care. 

Shes clearly not comfortable being called anything if you ask me. And if 'full figured' and 'curvy' dont work, no way are you getting away with 'fat' and 'overweight'. And honestly, no women like being called that. Maybe some who like being stuffed and surely in erotic fiction but I have yet to see a real woman take 'FAT' as a compliment. In fact, most women would punch you out for saying such a thing, especially the 'full figured' and 'curvy' ones.

I suppose her objection to being called 'full-figured' is simply because it's used as a euphemism for 'fat'.

I'm inclined to believe this. Had the reporter said curvy it may have been something different. Plus, I think it has something to do with Christina not being a size 2 or 4 and having a very full bust and flaring hips and being an inspiration when she's simply trying to be herself. Why does she have to be an inspiration? She's bein herself which curvy and beautiful. Clearly the reporter and society hasn't noticed that Mad Men got famous for two reasons, it's a great show, but more importantly Christina is gorgeous and people think she's beautiful. Idiots. Curves will always beat flat any day, IMO. ;D

I think Christina has every right to be pissed off with that reporter, the woman is a very good actress and all everybody wants to talk about is her body so if you were to put that into your own perspective wouldn't you be pissed off too? So for the ones calling her a ''hypocrite'' here is a word of advice....GROW UP! Christina is not an inspiration nor is she a role model, and you know what is sad? The people saying this garbage are the people that don't even fit into Christina's category, you think she likes having a fan base made up of a bunch of 400lb fat chicks lol?