Kether Donohue

bolton

On 9/17/2017 at 8:13 AM, billow said:

She's a babe!  

"That”s what I love. So I like how I”m able to be curvy and beautiful and represent that in media, because I don”t think it”s shown often enough. And a woman who eats. I love playing a character that eats on television. It”s so fun."

Great interview here: http://uproxx.com/sepinwall/youre-the-worst-co-star-kether-donohue-on-the-joys-of-being-tv-fat/

'There was this bucket on set and in that situation the prop guy gives me a (chance to spit). However, when me and Aya shoot our fro-yo scenes, in between takes, I”m still eating, and Aya goes, “Kether, you know you don”t have to eat in between takes, right?” And I call her “Bya” when she”s being bossy, so I”m like, “Shut up, Bya. I want to eat this. I”m making a conscious choice to eat this fro-yo.”...The other day, the prop guy actually took the fro-yo away from me because he was concerned how much I was eating. He”s like, “You”re going to get sick. We haven”t even hit your close up yet.”'

I want to talk about the chunky part of it. As an actress, you”re already constantly judged on your appearance. Is there a part of you that”s reluctant to take a role where that”s accentuated?

Kether Donohue: I”ll tell you this. I will never forget in 2010, the first guest star role I booked in LA was a guest star on “Perfect Couples,” which was an NBC show. And that was the first time I had encountered something like this. I got an email from my agent with an audition, and it describes the character as a little chunky. I started to cry because I”m like, “Oh my God, do people think I”m chunky?” I”ll never forget, Christine Woods came up to me on set and she looked at me so seriously and held my hand, and she”s like, “Kether, look at me. In real life, we are beautiful, beautiful women. No one thinks we”re fat. In TV, we are TV fat and we just have to get used to it

Sure it worked out to our favor in this case, but this is somewhat fucked up. This is the kind of stuff that leads to actresses choosing to go the too thin route, "over-correcting" with weight loss.

How many "TV fat" roles are out there that would allow for actresses to keep that avenue open as opposed to repulsively gaunt to guarantee roles? And why does TV fat even exist? Why do they feel the need to strictly simulate reality with "ideal" (to who?) bodies? Is it all because the camera really adds ten pounds or is it just bullshit to justify their ungodly tastes in women or to justify their abject need to harass women? 

I know I'm never gonna get a straightforward other than the ones I have in mind, which may already be in those questions.

Guest Ronaan94

I believe the adding ten pounds is shit. Women and their weight shouldn't be put down just as the same for men too. I honestly don't see what's wrong with their weight if they are able to get things done

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2017 at 5:52 PM, hugebooty said:

On 9/19/2017 at 11:26 PM, Ronaan94 said:

I believe the adding ten pounds is shit....

As a VERY experienced and knowledgeable photographer I'll throw water on that.  

Camera lenses do distort images in ways most people barely notice, but professionals do.   

The untrained eye might not notice, but if pointed out with two different lenses, I could demonstrate with you as a model a couple ways to make you look slightly bigger, slightly smaller or warped in other ways.  

It actually isnt hard to make a camera make your face rounder. Its less noticeable with bodies, but there.