Squish

jarlewski

• 1 year later...

Ethan tried the knob before he reached for his keys, and sure enough, it was open. The living room lights were on, and the heat made it feel like shorts weather, but Fiona wasn't lounging in his chair, sitting at the kitchen table, or watching television on the couch like normal. "Babe, are you home?" he asked.

Fiona jolted awake, knocking some empty candy bags to the floor. She coughed and weakly answered, "Uh, yeah... I'm here. In here... in the bedroom." She blinked twice, trying to make sense of how long she'd been out. It couldn't have been more than an hour or two, because her globular midsection still felt swollen and taut, but shaking off sleep was more difficult than it should have been after that brief of a nap. Instinctively, she moved to get up, but didn't.

The feeling of stuck ran cold across Fiona's skin, and her eyes snapped open. She slapped an open palm against her uncovered bra and realized that she had fallen asleep, splayed across the bed, wearing the dress, without even so much as a blanket to cover her up. And though she frantically tried to sit up or reposition her body enough to hide under the covers, any covers, all that resulted was a sort of moaning grunt and the sensation of heavy pressure in her swollen mound of a belly that she could no longer see past.

Which, of course, is exactly when Ethan walked into the bedroom.

"Babe, are you... you okay?" he asked. From his point of view, it looked like she had fainted while trying on the dress he had left out, possibly due to the fact that she had either clearly inhaled all of the food left in the apartment or maybe washed down some Mentos with a few gallons of Coke.

Doing her best not to move or let him know how embarrassed she felt, Fiona replied with a quiet, near monotone, "Yeah, I'm okay." Ethan moved towards her to try to make eye contact, which startled her enough to act before she could think. Fiona lifted her arm and jerked her head towards it, as if she was going to roll on her side, but all that resulted was that she sort of fell back into the same position with her head turned towards Ethan, wobbling.

"I - URM," was all that Fiona could get out before she burped. Ethan smiled and looked away, failing to notice his bloated beloved wincing from the pain. As she began to blush, Fiona desperately tried her best to deflect. "I came home from work maybe two hours ago, but you weren't here. Where were you this whole time, babe?"

Even though Ethan had thought up a few lies on the way back to the apartment, it was hard to respond with anything that didn't directly address why his half-dressed girlfriend wasn't getting up or why it looked like she had recently beaten Homer Simpson in a doughnut eating contest. He opened his mouth, but all that came out was, "Uhhh..."

After all, if she had been home for two hours, that meant that he had to come up with something that took at least that long to do. And he was wearing his leather coat, not his winter coat, which meant that it wasn't like he could tell her that he went for a walk or took the train somewhere. Maybe he could tell her that he got stuck at the bank. Did people even go inside the bank anymore? Or maybe that he had to take a car to go see his parents about a thing, or maybe she'd believe that he had to go to the store to get more supplies for a move. Supplies he somehow mysteriously didn't bring home.

Ethan took a deep breath, buying an extra five seconds to convince himself that honesty was the best policy. "I had to pick up a package," he finally replied.

Fiona sighed and smiled. He was clearly as flustered as she was, for some reason, which meant that she was off the hook, at least for the moment. "Oh? From who?"

Ethan shrugged. "Post office. Some... shipping thing. Doesn't matter."
"Where is it?"
"What?"
"Your secret package."

Ethan kicked off his sneakers and gestured at all of the nothing he was carrying. "You know how it goes. I opened it before I left, and it was all wrong, and not the right thing, so I asked the person at the counter to help me tape it back up, and we were able to send it back right away. You can apparently do that through the app now, which is... you know, living in the future."

"Uh huh. Who was it for?"
Ethan shrugged. "Doesn't matter. I guess it's for the people at the shipping... factory now." Trying to punctuate his statement and end the conversation, he took off his jacket and tossed it onto the bed next to her.

But Fiona wasn't going to give up that easily, especially since all of his attention was on her, again. "Was it from your secret admirer?"
"Uh, no. Because... otherwise, you'd know what was wrong with the item, Secret Admirer."
"What did you buy me then?"

Seemingly nothing could put an end to her nosiness, so before she could prod further, Ethan took a knee in front of Fiona and began to rub his cold hands against the comforter and sheets near her feet. The unexpected movement was more than enough to wobble Fiona's fat form, which produced predictable results. She tried to giggle and make a joke, if only to hide that it actually hurt a little, but when she looked down towards him, all she could see was her aching belly and jiggling boobs, struggling to get free of her too-tight bra.

If Fiona wasn't going to stop with the questioning, Ethan would have to take the nuclear option. He moved his palm across the sheets, over her pudgy knee, and placed it against the inside of her doughy thigh.

Which came with unpredictable consequences. 

On 5/14/2019 at 12:21 AM, DDSantos said:

My favorite story is back!  Plan on doing more chapters soon?

Thank you! And I'd love to have it done with completely, yeah. I only planned more one more segment and an epilogue (because someone asked if I'd write a happy ending for Fiona and her mom). 

Great story! Especially the early chapters there was such great tension between the characters despite their otherwise unimpressive lives. 

I can tell tell the characters have matured as they’ve gotten older, which is realistic. 

Looking forward to next chapters! I mean, why wouldn’t Fiona be able to take the nearby desk job if she just promised to walk to work much of the time?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 7:00 AM, swahilimonkfish said:

You write really compassionately, like you're really rooting for your characters. They are so easy to invest in. I hope they do get that happy ending. Characters that sweet and kind deserve one. Thanks for writing it

Thank you. (And thank you for what you've written. Excellent stuff.) I wish I wasn't as attached to the characters as I am (or worried that my breaks from writing have dulled my skills since I left my previous career), because I'd almost certainly do much more with them or writing this sort of stuff. 

On 5/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, dania201 said:

Great story! Especially the early chapters there was such great tension between the characters despite their otherwise unimpressive lives. 

I can tell tell the characters have matured as they’ve gotten older, which is realistic. 

Looking forward to next chapters! I mean, why wouldn’t Fiona be able to take the nearby desk job if she just promised to walk to work much of the time?

Thank you! I've been in feedee/feeder relationships before, and it felt really important to convey what that's like, despite the fact that most of us have pretty mundane lives. (Especially the conflict between mothers and daughters. Most of the women I've dated have had some sort of ongoing disagreement with their mom about their weight, and I've tried to do my best to understand that.)

As for Fiona, I think her response would be that it's easy to break a promise to yourself. She could ask Ethan to make sure she stays active, but that's kind of like getting the cat to watch the canary. 

5 hours ago, jarlewski said:

As for Fiona, I think her response would be that it's easy to break a promise to yourself. She could ask Ethan to make sure she stays active, but that's kind of like getting the cat to watch the canary. 

Well EXACTLY. 😉

And you’re right about mothers and daughters...it seems even like older women in general can be the most distainful toward younger women’s weight. It will be interesting to see how this plays out if she gets significantly bigger!

2 hours ago, dania201 said:

Well EXACTLY. 😉

And you’re right about mothers and daughters...it seems even like older women in general can be the most distainful toward younger women’s weight. It will be interesting to see how this plays out if she gets significantly bigger!

Originally, I felt the whole thing with Fiona's mother was over and done with - she's grown and moved on. But I guess reality is more creative than I am, because two of the women that I based Fiona off of had a change of fortune, as their mothers have gained a significant amount of weight in the last few years. (One even outpaced her daughter and is now probably 20-30 pounds heavier.) 

So, hey, there's always a different, more interesting way to write things, I guess.