My Big Fat Fabulous Life – Whitney Thore

Whitney's such a beautiful girl. She's intelligent, has a big heart and carries herself with dignity and grace. And she's sexy as hell! What's not to like?

The inevitable slide towards a VERY SPECIAL EPISODE where she decides to get weight loss surgery because she just can't *sniff* handle *sniff sniff* how hard it is to be fat. ::)

The inevitable slide towards a VERY SPECIAL EPISODE where she decides to get weight loss surgery because she just can't *sniff* handle *sniff sniff* how hard it is to be fat. ::)

Those are the vibes I'm getting.

But - and I have a part of me that's gonna hate saying this (and I hope she doesn't read this since this is all her decision) - that may be for the better. It's not like she wanted to be fat. I can't recall her ever being explicit about that. She also didn't try to get fat, didn't "let herself go", and even fought it for a good while with a significant level of success. But here she is. She's 380 lbs - that's big even for BigCuties.

Don't get me wrong - she's HOT, she's a fuckin nuclear warhead. She's active. She's happy. She's healthy. But she's not a gainer; if she was she'd arguably be the greatest gainer in the game. She, however, is not in control in her own terms. If you tell any average person who is ~150 lbs, "you know, despite your best efforts, one day sooner rather than later, you're gonna end up weighing about 400 lbs" they're gonna think "I need to at least control this", even if they are the most secure person and they know all the accommodations for such a size within this society, it's expected that if given the silver bullet chance to get control back over their weight, they'll get the surgery.

She's fit and active but she's knocking on the door of 400 lbs. Does she keep this up until she's 500 lbs? 600? The surgery gets exponentially harder from that weight and upwards. If she was a gainer, then the expectation would be that she'd love that idea. If she's cool with the likelihood of one day soon being 800 lbs (not saying that she will be), then you know what I'll be cool with that too. And she'd be hot at that weight too.

But.. I wouldn't be surprised if the show takes a highly dramatic turn and she ended up getting WLS. And that's a big reason why I don't watch it.

Just saw a second of a commercial for the next episode. I think that might be the "very special episode" where she loses weight. She was crying saying she cant lose two hundred pounds just like that and her dad said this might be a wake up call.

Guest Ms. LovelyMeow

I love this show, and not just for the rampant, rampant, rampant eye candy. 

She's exercising for ability, she agrees with us that she's hot...pretty much second to melissa mcarthy for the face of fat cool women....the show gets my aproval even though there is standard TLC crazyness at some points.