The Confession Thread

moby_jones

My YouTube page suddenly started blowing up, at least on one videO and I have no idea why. Seriously like close to 40 comments in one 24 hour Period. O.o

I also hate when people assume that just because I don't respond within a day of making a comment that I'm ignoring them. Funny how peoPle think that the lives others have on the Internet in any form comes before the priorities of your real life. Oh wait, yes it does my bad. If I don't put out more fap mattering it's a complete injustice. 8) lol

• Moderators

I meant for the following to be just a quick few sentences... I guess I had to get that off my chest more than I thought.... =/

I'm literally getting pissed at my friend, the one who got married. The guy she married is a good guy, by himself. He really can be a sweet guy and works a decent paying job to support his family in construction. However as a husband, not awesome at all. Reason why I'm pissed at my friend because of it? She allows him to smoke pot in the apartment. Granted he doesn't do it when she's there WITH their CHILD, but the smell and stuff still lingers in the air. Not only that, but he won't take in the role of being a father and husband outside of actually working. She keeps justifying it saying... Oh it's okay he works hard, or he is a good dad. No he's not. He jets off most other times when she's at home with the child and leaves her to do all the care work for the child. In an average week, their child sees him for maybe 20 mins at most. This week is different since he is sick. And the shitty fact is, She knew he was like this before they got married. She said that she was hoping marriage would cause him to grow up.

The second thing that pisses me off, regardless of the fact that he's supporting them, it's hard for them to make ends meet. You think she'd leave her job and search for something else? No. The shitty equation in this part is that she's always complaining of how she never makes enough money to help make ends meet and that her parents are thinking of closing the restaurant where she works at but only keeps it open because she "can't find a job." The reason her parents want to close the restaurant, is because her parents are currently close to divorcing and don't want to run  a restaurant together, which I don't  blame them. But my friend knows that's why they are keeping it open, but she's too reliant on mom and dad to give her a job that she doesn't go out and look for one on her own. Every time we suggest a job that is hiring, she gives a whole excuse as to why she can't. I'm sorry, but if I were a mom, you better believe I'd be doing every fucking thing to support my child, even if that meant I had to work a graveyard shift.

I'm literally biding my time before I talk with her, though my friends and I that are closest to her have started dropping her visible hints of thing we are thinking about what she's telling us. But the fact that she has rose colored glasses on and complains but wants to do NOTHING to turn her situation around and hopes that her husband will make a complete 180 to the person he used to be is really starting to rub on me the wrong way. Not for the sake of my friend, but for the sake of their daughter. My friend can be stupid if she wants, but the fact that they have a child, and she's letting him get away with this crap, or doesn't think to leave the situation with their daughter pisses me off.

I have friends like this, as I'm sure most others do as well. It's really just a part of their personality, so it's not going to change without some serious effort. Denial and delusion are two very hard things to overcome. Some people just want life handed to them, not realizing you have to work for just about anything you want. Sacrifices will have to be made, which they don't want to make. Honestly the best thing you can do is give a cold shoulder to them. No consolation, no helping out. Let them hit rock bottom. I know that's cruel with the kid and all, but they clearly just don't get the whole grown-up thing.

I have friends like this, as I'm sure most others do as well. It's really just a part of their personality, so it's not going to change without some serious effort. Denial and delusion are two very hard things to overcome. Some people just want life handed to them, not realizing you have to work for just about anything you want. Sacrifices will have to be made, which they don't want to make. Honestly the best thing you can do is give a cold shoulder to them. No consolation, no helping out. Let them hit rock bottom. I know that's cruel with the kid and all, but they clearly just don't get the whole grown-up thing.

Yeah, that sadly seems like what I'm going to have to do. I'm at a point where I don't even want to talk about things nowadays with her just because I don't want to hear her crap and the stuff that's going on. I've literally told myself that the next time she brings stuff up, I'll listen, give regurgitated response again, and then tell her that unless she's willing to make a change in herself and actually change her situation, I will no longer be able to support her through her troubles as any and all advice I seem to give seems to not even matter to her and it makes me feel frustrated and almost like it doesn't even matter what I say when I'm trying to help her.

Gonna lay it all flat out on the line and see what she does with it.

I also have epilepsy. I've had it since I was 17. I take lamotrigine and topiramate for it. I don't know if I'll have it for the rest of my life or if it will go away. This is kind of scary considering that I want children and I can't be on those medications while pregnant. They'll do another EEG in my late 20's to see if my brain waves have stabilized.

My real confession is grad school. I'm very scared. I decided to change my goal to getting a M.A. in Marital and Family Therapy and all of the UC's only provide Phd's, which was very depressing. One school looks to have everything I want but it's so selective. It only accepts 25 people in the program, and I'm scared I won't get it. Loads of stress. I need backups but the question is how to find these schools that offer what I want. I was really naive about Grad school. I thought that the UC's would have a Master's program for psychology. It's all just depressing. I feel like everything I worked for has been for naught. I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

I also have epilepsy. I've had it since I was 17. I take lamotrigine and topiramate for it. I don't know if I'll have it for the rest of my life or if it will go away. This is kind of scary considering that I want children and I can't be on those medications while pregnant. They'll do another EEG in my late 20's to see if my brain waves have stabilized.

My real confession is grad school. I'm very scared. I decided to change my goal to getting a M.A. in Marital and Family Therapy and all of the UC's only provide Phd's, which was very depressing. One school looks to have everything I want but it's so selective. It only accepts 25 people in the program, and I'm scared I won't get it. Loads of stress. I need backups but the question is how to find these schools that offer what I want. I was really naive about Grad school. I thought that the UC's would have a Master's program for psychology. It's all just depressing. I feel like everything I worked for has been for naught. I want to curl up in a ball and cry.

I take Trileptal http://www.rxlist.com/trileptal-drug/consumer-side-effects-precautions.htm  it's listed as Category C: http://epilepsy.emedtv.com/trileptal/trileptal-and-pregnancy.html

I'm sorry about your school troubles, have you given any thought to another part of your state?

hayyy, i have epilepsy too! i haven't had a seizure in four years, so it's no big thang lately. i'd love to get off the damn medicine at some point because i'm convinced it's ruining my memory. BUT if i change the medicine i can't drive for 6 months and i need to drive for my job. at least i'll have extended medical benefits soon and won't have to pay $60 a month any more.