My girlfriend's weight gain

spacemouse08

• 3 weeks later...

Glad you came back!

Enjoyed your girlfriend's progress very much. It's this natural, foodie based weight gain that I like most - driven half by denial, half by a wtf attitude in a happy relationship, interrupted by the occasional freak out. As long as she is happy and feels secure the weight will most likely continue to creep up.

I am of the view that eventually people tend to get used to things - even things like crossing the 100 kg mark - and finally resign to reality. 102 doesn't look or feel all that differently from 95 anyway, right? And 95 was kinda OK. So why fuss about it?

Thanks again! Fingers crossed for the big 100. Good luck to you both and keep us updated!

• 2 weeks later...

Another couple of kgs have arrived, she is now up to 95.3, a new all time heaviest, and for the first time closer to 100kg than to 90! 

There were a couple of murmurs about dieting and fluctuations, so this upward trajectory may not continue. I also think there will be turbulent times ahead if she did reach the big 100. Nevertheless, loving these exciting times!

She shot up again over the last week, weighing at 96.7kg a couple of days ago. However, this seems to have set her off, as she has restarted going to the gym, bought a blender, and started making smoothies and juices etc. She has already gone back down to 95.4kg in that time, but I am hoping it is just a phase and that normal service resumes soon!

On 24 July 2016 at 11:20 PM, scissortooth said:

Don't worry, from the looks of it the worst case scenario seems to be a yo-yo. And you know how these end :D

On a slightly less serious (but not entirely jokeful) note - maybe give her an engagement ring once she hits 100 kg ;)

Haha this again! We are both still young and due to our work commitments still do not live together... This is something that may be in our futures but we are not ready for yet! Then again 100kg is looking pretty far off too right now...

I remember :) I thought that maybe something changed meanwhile ;) As for 100 kg, this may not be as far as you think. Sure, she is in losing mood now, but how long do you think she can carry on? I don't know how your girl is, but mine almost always gave up on diet once her girly days started. One one hand she didn't feel good enough to exercise and on the other she was very hungry then, so diet always flew out through the window. And after those days ended, she just got back to how she was before the diet. And also remember that your lady was 10 kilos lighter a year ago. Now she just needs 5 to hit 100 and since it will be a yoyo, it might happen faster than expected. Obviously, once she gets there expect a downfall back to, say, 95 but then it will most likely bounce back with a bonus. And like I said before, first time is a shock, second will be less of an event.

Or, if I'm wrong, that's at least what I wish you ;)

Guest nankdatank

Agree with this. My wife was basically a size 4 when we met. She just graduated to US10 this week. Every time she has gone up a size she had said to me that she's going back to the gym. She signed up once out of these 4 size changes but has never stuck it out past 2 weeks. Have fun my friend!! 

On 30.7.2016 at 10:26 AM, spacemouse08 said:

She shot up again over the last week, weighing at 96.7kg a couple of days ago. However, this seems to have set her off, as she has restarted going to the gym, bought a blender, and started making smoothies and juices etc. She has already gone back down to 95.4kg in that time, but I am hoping it is just a phase and that normal service resumes soon!

Umm, perhaps buy her a recipe book for shakes and smoothies? ;) They are not necessarily low in calories.
Anyway, last summer when your girl suddenly felt the urge to hit the gym after having hit - what? 80kg or thereabouts? - didn't she just continue to gain like a trooper?

Well, you guys may have been right.... The gyming lasted a week, then she stopped weighing herself and she said she lost any motivation. She hasn't been for the last week. I don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me but she already looks bigger again... But no way am I taking her anywhere near a scale in case it brings back the desire to lose weight!

Great news! Wouldn't have expected, that she'd resign to her normal habits so quickly.
How is your lady's clothing situation? Are things getting tight already, or does she still have some room to grow? Could be another hurdle. Stretchy stuff helps, of course. Doesn't make the gain too obvious and keeps her off the scale.

Yup, stretchy stuff works wonders to keeping ladies oblivious of their gain it seems...

As for lack of weighing in causing lack of motivation... If that was her only motivation she doesn't have any serious motivation. So just keep making her sure you would never be a source of motivation and your lady will soon be 100 kg and growing, probably with just occasional hurdles during days when she'll feel somewhat self-conscious - period does that often, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

So over the last week or two she hasn't been going gym, but she has stuck to her diet and is playing in a volleyball social league. Doesn't seem to have had much of an effect, because today she weighed herself for the first time in a while and it turned up as 96.7kg again. She didn't react too badly, said she couldn't understand it as she felt skinnier. We will have to wait and see what happens next - whether the diet succeeds eventually or continues to fail!

On 10 August 2016 at 11:19 AM, ronnie17de said:

How is your lady's clothing situation? Are things getting tight already, or does she still have some room to grow? Could be another hurdle. Stretchy stuff helps, of course. Doesn't make the gain too obvious and keeps her off the scale.

Clothes have been getting tighter constantly since we started dating. She usually buys stretchy clothes though, which does allow more room and delays the point where they stop fitting! Definitely helps extra kgs come along...

• 2 weeks later...

We've been back to avoiding the scales for the last week or so, because she is starting to get scared of what she might see. I think she might have put on another kg or so maybe, but I'm waiting for her to decide if she wants to find out or not, as I don't want to push her. Couple nice moments lately though:

1) We were spooning in bed one night recently, with me as the big spoon, one arm wrapped around her tummy. She mentioned that maybe she shouldn't worry about her increasing weight so much because I seemed to be hugging her closer each time we spooned. Didn't know I was making that obvious! She has also said that she lacks any motivation to lose weight because I'm always making her feel good about herself the way she is.. 

2) She went for a bra fitting recently to find out she had gone up two cup sizes since her last one. This definitely seems to have raised her spirits a bit, and she seems to be ignoring the fact that she has gone up a couple of band sizes also. 

She seems to be bigger than ever. She was getting changed one night and looked in the mirror, cupped her overhanging tummy and complained about it hanging lower. She also claimed she felt a hundy coming up... I think the next time she checks the scales will be make or break.... Whether she decides to lose weight to avoid the 100kg barrier, or gives in and let's the real weight come on... Will have to wait and see!

1 hour ago, spacemouse08 said:

1) We were spooning in bed one night recently, with me as the big spoon, one arm wrapped around her tummy. She mentioned that maybe she shouldn't worry about her increasing weight so much because I seemed to be hugging her closer each time we spooned. Didn't know I was making that obvious! She has also said that she lacks any motivation to lose weight because I'm always making her feel good about herself the way she is.. 

2) She went for a bra fitting recently to find out she had gone up two cup sizes since her last one. This definitely seems to have raised her spirits a bit, and she seems to be ignoring the fact that she has gone up a couple of band sizes also. 

She seems to be bigger than ever. She was getting changed one night and looked in the mirror, cupped her overhanging tummy and complained about it hanging lower. She also claimed she felt a hundy coming up... I think the next time she checks the scales will be make or break.... Whether she decides to lose weight to avoid the 100kg barrier, or gives in and let's the real weight come on... Will have to wait and see!

As for the first situation - how did you responded to that? Because it sounds very promising on her part! The thing is, her feeling good in her skin seems to depend heavily on you so if you want her to keep growing you have to keep her feeling good and secure :).

And when it comes to the time she finally checks the scales... Well, if I were to advise anything, I'd put it like that - if she will be very upset - wait it out, just keep her comforted. But once the emotions settle down, remind her that it's just a number and that she herself was happy to see it showing in her cup size and that when it comes to you enjoy having more of her to love as long as that more doesn't make her sad. Or something along these lines. It really doesn't seem as if she she was going to start losing weight for more than a week or two after the realization she crossed 100 kg. And especially not if you keep her feeling good and loved.

All in all, congrats, man! It sounds like you're lady is going to be a true fattie for good ;) Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Well a couple more yo-yos have happened over the last few weeks, but as of yesterday she was clocking in at a new high of 96.9kg... Creeping ever closer to that 100kg. There was initial disappointment at how big the number was but that was quickly out the window when it came time for breakfast... still keeping everything crossed that this upward trend continues!

On 29/08/2016 at 10:56 PM, scissortooth said:

As for the first situation - how did you responded to that? Because it sounds very promising on her part! The thing is, her feeling good in her skin seems to depend heavily on you so if you want her to keep growing you have to keep her feeling good and secure :).

I can't remember exactly what I said to her when that happened... but I do always try to let her know how much I love her growing curves, in particular I'll point out when I think her boobs or butt have gotten bigger, and I always try to kiss her in places that she doesn't like, for example her bulging tummy and love handles. Always try my hardest to show her how much I love her softening body!

• 1 month later...

Sooo unfortunately over the last few months she has remained around the 96kg mark, staying tantalisingly short of that three digit mark. But her mindset does seem better now, she doesn't stress about her body nearly as much as she used to, so things are going pretty smoothly there.

However, we are soon about to move in with each other and start living together. It remains to see what effect that'll have on her waistline and her mindset... I hope it's positive!

11 hours ago, spacemouse08 said:

Sooo unfortunately over the last few months she has remained around the 96kg mark, staying tantalisingly short of that three digit mark. But her mindset does seem better now, she doesn't stress about her body nearly as much as she used to, so things are going pretty smoothly there.

However, we are soon about to move in with each other and start living together. It remains to see what effect that'll have on her waistline and her mindset... I hope it's positive!

Moving in with a 'meat-lover' partner usually can only bring some 'damage' to the waistline of an already softening lady.

Surely it had this effect on my girlfriend waistline, which I would define positive, meaning the scale moved positively towards higher numbers..

• 3 weeks later...

Well, you guys may have been right about the holidays being kind.

We have just come home from a one week holiday to a resort at which we spent most of our time relaxing on a beach and eating too much food. The result of this is that she has shot up to 99.2kg as of this morning! Tantasilingly short of that magic number...

She took it pretty well, I think knowing that we had over indulged a bit on holiday, but though she hasn't said it, I think she plans to try to lose... But fingers crossed for now she doesn't, I just would love to see three digits! Hopefully I can help push the numbers up as we live together now, and of course there is Christmas to come... One can hope!

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2016 at 2:16 AM, spacemouse08 said:

We have just come home from a one week holiday to a resort at which we spent most of our time relaxing on a beach and eating too much food. The result of this is that she has shot up to 99.2kg as of this morning! Tantasilingly short of that magic number...

Wow, how do you feel at the thought that this could be the last year of a 2 digits weight for your partner??

I wish you an happy above 100kg new year! ;)

On 08/12/2016 at 10:27 PM, donnied80 said:

Wow, how do you feel at the thought that this could be the last year of a 2 digits weight for your partner??

I wish you an happy above 100kg new year! ;)

I wouldn't speak too soon.... since coming back from holiday she's stabilised back down at 98ish kg.... so close but yet so far!