Jenna Coleman

Guest SweetChub

Guest SweetChub

Whilst not recent, current Doctor Who star Jenna Coleman (Jenna Louise Coleman) from 2008-2012 was quite chubby, she slimmed off recently (I think being on mainstream UK tv) but she's spoken about how she was fat as a child & here is a fantastic picture of her from a BBC drama about 4 years ago looking delightfully curvy, borderline plump.

post-0-1451354707907_thumb.jpg

Jenna looked soft during her time on some British soap, which I remember fondly as The Id wrote a great weight gain story featuring her as the main character.

The link to the story is here-http://the-id.deviantart.com/gallery/807716/Jenna-Louise-Coleman

Here are some shots from her earlier days.

post-1445-14513547128055_thumb.jpg

post-1445-14513547128489_thumb.jpg

post-1445-14513547128809_thumb.jpg

post-1445-14513547129764_thumb.jpg

It's such a shame that not only did she slim down for the role in Doctor Who, at least in the first episode(Asylum of the Daleks IIRC) she looked amazing, not as chubby as before, but she still had great curves. Unfortunately during her stint as sidekick she has continued to lose weight  :-\ While thank god she isn't quite Gillan's level of stick-ness, her weight loss is just another bad part of the last few years in Doctor Who history.

It's such a shame that not only did she slim down for the role in Doctor Who, at least in the first episode(Asylum of the Daleks IIRC) she looked amazing, not as chubby as before, but she still had great curves. Unfortunately during her stint as sidekick she has continued to lose weight  :-\ While thank god she isn't quite Gillan's level of stick-ness, her weight loss is just another bad part of the last few years in Doctor Who history.

I would definitely enjoy the show more if she were heavier, but series 8 is pretty good, and Jenna is solid at acting.

I would definitely enjoy the show more if she were heavier, but series 8 is pretty good, and Jenna is solid at acting.

I gave up halfway through series 7 and I haven't heard anything good enough to drag me back in. Then again I am one of those people who have been pretty grouchy about the show ever since Rose left, let alone Tennant.

Capaldi is quite sharp as the Doctor. I prefee his portrayal to Matt Smith's. Darker tone for this past series.

There's speculation that Jenna's character may become pregnant at aome point soon, or may already be, due to seeing these further down in their timeline (possible descendents). Hopeful for tjat in Series 9!

She was such a cutie with the extra weight......her face just seemed so much more warm and inviting.  And her buxom body was way better.  I'm an old head Doctor Who fan.  Jenna reminds me a little of the actress that played the Doctor's companion Jo in the early 70's.  Not an exact match but the roundish face and cuteness factor is very similar.

I gave up halfway through series 7 and I haven't heard anything good enough to drag me back in. Then again I am one of those people who have been pretty grouchy about the show ever since Rose left, let alone Tennant.

I like all of the doctors. I like the writing in Series 3-5 and loved 6 even though it had major problems.

Some of the writing early in the reboot was hit or miss. Series 7 was barely watchable for me. Capaldi has had a few silly plots to deal with, but also some brilliant ones. Every episode of series 8, even the weak ones, have had solid character development. The first episode has great moments and dumb moments. If you can't spare an hour to watch a couple episodes and give it a chance, you are either too busy or you take TV too seriously.

I like all of the doctors. I like the writing in Series 3-5 and loved 6 even though it had major problems.

Some of the writing early in the reboot was hit or miss. Series 7 was barely watchable for me. Capaldi has had a few silly plots to deal with, but also some brilliant ones. Every episode of series 8, even the weak ones, have had solid character development. The first episode has great moments and dumb moments. If you can't spare an hour to watch a couple episodes and give it a chance, you are either too busy or you take TV too seriously.

Series 8 had some major problems though.

1#The Doctor being prejudice against soldiers for no real reason

2#Danny and Clara's relationship being completely unbelievable

3#Danny Pink in general

4#Clara being turned into a ''Mary Sue''

3#Danny Pink in general

Not to mention the plot hole of Clara and Danny's "offspring" leading to Orson Pink (great-grandchild) when Danny clearly [spoilers]died in an untimely manner[/spoilers]. Moffat, the king of back-pedaling plots, explained this in an outside publication as never explicitly stating that Orson was a direct descendant of them, but that's quite a stretch. I think based on some other things seen towards the end of the season, if Jenna hadn't decided to stay on with the show, a pregnancy by Danny would've been the reason for her leaving and thus led to that family line, but her staying on for another season now mucks that up, unless she's going to go back in time and have sex with him towards the end of her run (whenever that ends up being now) in order to get knocked up and make that happen... Which my experience with Moffat writing wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Not to mention the plot hole of Clara and Danny's "offspring" leading to Orson Pink (great-grandchild) when Danny clearly [spoilers]died in an untimely manner[/spoilers]. Moffat, the king of back-pedaling plots, explained this in an outside publication as never explicitly stating that Orson was a direct descendant of them, but that's quite a stretch. I think based on some other things seen towards the end of the season, if Jenna hadn't decided to stay on with the show, a pregnancy by Danny would've been the reason for her leaving and thus led to that family line, but her staying on for another season now mucks that up, unless she's going to go back in time and have sex with him towards the end of her run (whenever that ends up being now) in order to get knocked up and make that happen... Which my experience with Moffat writing wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Agreed, we are far from done with Danny Pink I'm afraid. I really wish he was gone for good but this plot hole will need to be addressed in series 9. I feel so sorry for Capaldi because I think he's a great Doctor but is stuck with some of the worst companions in recent memory, Clara is nothing more than a poorly written ''Mary Sue'' and Danny is nothing but a slapped together plot device at best.

Guest SweetChub

3#Danny Pink in general

I agree with you mostly. Series 7 had some major issues, I always liked 2 parters & was never sure why they were removed but anyway I agree Series 8 is my least favourite of New Who. It had some stand out episodes that made it tolerable for me as a whole such as: Deep Breath, Listen, Mummy on Orient Express & Dark Water was a nice set up for the let down that was Death in Heaven. I really hated Danny & his wooden acting, sorry but I thought he was a poor actor overall & his character was dull as s*** I hated every time he shouted at the dr 'yes sir!'. The Doctor fought in the f*****g time war & has fought thousands of enemies whereas you couldn't aim for s**t & shot a civilian whilst on tour. Also if he hated general's so much why did he become a soldier? DUH

Some may disagree with me here but I almost preferred Clara as the no character up for adventure anytime sidekick she was with 11 as opposed to this bossy, moany, hormonal mess that she was in S8 with 12. I was actually relived when she aged in Last Christmas & announced to my family "yeh this makes sense, her story is kind of done'' then they pulled that dream bit & I was left looking like an idiot thinking: Where can they go from this?

I don't know, Capaldi holds it together for me, he's not my personal favourite doc but he's damn good no doubt. Very different to the three before him, just what the show needed. I wish now the writing would be re-energised as the scripts feel half-assed to be frank. I mean, Forest of the Night or whatever is the first time in nearly 10 years that I thought "what is this tripe?''

Of all the places that I would expect to find a Doctor Who debate on the internet, this most assuredly wasn't it. Spectacular derailment!

In my opinion, Ms. Coleman is a great-looking lass.

(Series 8 for me was the strongest of the New Series runs. I've always been more of a Classic Who fan and could never really take to the melodrama of the Tennant/Smith years (The Rose Tyler bullshit was emotionally manipulative tripe of the highest calibre in my humble opinion, and the once terrifying Daleks were made into cannon fodder by 2008.)

Capaldi reignited my interest in the new series properly for the first time since Eccleston left and I wasn't disappointed. (bar the Forest episode.))

Yeah Capaldi is a great Doctor, but we'll see how the rest of his time goes. Smith and Tennant were both great, however Tennant was bogged down by many spectacular moments of mediocre writing and Smith's overarching plot lines never really executed upon themselves well.  Also, inb4 this discussion get removed to the Abyss.  ::)

It is worth noting in relation to the most recent series, is that it was written for Matt Smith's doctor, he informed them late that he was leaving and so Capaldi got his story.

My main issue is the Mary Sue thing. In Dr. Who the doctor is always the lead. However in this series he seemed to be backseat to Clara. That is wrong! I also have long believed Moffat writes grea episodes but cant arc a series well at all!

On topic early Jenna Coleman is soooo hot

"........ Moffat is really good witter but...."

Why do people always say that after voicing their displeasure at Dr.who's recent writing related problems?

The Show went downhill when he took over its very obvious if you watched the older (2005-09) shows, the writing the plot, the character development,etc everything has suffered.

He's like Captain Edward Smith respected and perhaps a bit hyped and then he smashed the Titanic into an iceberg and no one wants to admit there's water seeping into the ship or that perhaps maybe the Captain might be to blame.

Unfortunately he's killed Dr.who for me, although I do like Clara (Jenna Coleman) despite what Moffat does with her on the show.

• Guest changed the title to Jenna Coleman