Office weight gain

amd123

Guest Rüdiger

Yeah, I can't explain it better, other than she was just fat as hell, just blobs of blubber everywhere from sitting in that chair all day, every day, and a steady stream of chips and cookies right next to her.

My kinda lady.

Only thing is I was 19 at the time and she was 30 or something and she didn't give me the time of day - I was just "the kid" to her, and she probably had zero idea I was totally in lust with her.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Rüdiger

Cool story :thumbsup:

Must have been hot to see someone blow up like that at work 8)

Yeah, one of those deals where you stand next to them at the coffee cart and think, "Is she pushing her stomach out? Is she pregnant?" Then you realize, nope, she's just getting fat.

The desk job phenomenon is legitimate, for sure. A very good friend of mine that I dated briefly packed on quite a bit of weight once she ended up behind a desk. She was a decent athlete when we were younger, even played softball and basketball in college, though not at a competitive level. She put on a little bit of beer weight, but worked a fair amount of that off.

She was/is a very pretty girl, at her fittest she was 5’5” and about 125-130 pounds. She had porcelain skin, a full yet proportional bubble butt, and curly red hair. Her facial bone structure was elegant with a model like angularity. Beautiful, girl next door type.

Fast forward a few years later and the professional life began to take quite a toll on her formerly lithe waistline. A sedentary lifestyle, combined with a love of wine and all things fried changed things dramatically. For starters, she blew up three pants sizes. which couldn’t have been easy to deal with. The brunt of the weight she gained went straight around her middle, which has given her a very noticeable beer belly/paunch.

It didn’t just stop there either, as obviously the rest of her filled out quite a bit. Her rear end, already quite plump, grew to be big enough where she split her snow pants on the ski slopes one day. Not too mention, her face filled out dramatically to the point where she is even sporting a nascent double chin.

Last time we spoke, she confided in how much weight she had gained. Recent doctor’s visit put her at 162 pounds. The extra 30-35 pounds or so served to really slow her down, as she told me she gets winded walking the three flights of stairs up to her office. Quite a change for someone used to going up and down a basketball court.

Guest Rüdiger

"For starters, she blew up three pants sizes."

Hot phrase!

In the "Stories" forum, it's always a hundred or more pounds. But thirty pounds makes a huge difference in your appearance. I can picture this person you're talking about in my mind. Good job!

It's such a cliche, but so true - you're an athlete and you can eat whatever you wish. You don't see or hear the switch inside that says, "You don't need 3,000 calories a day and we're going to put them in your face, on your butt, on your belly, and we don't care what it looks like. We're gonna make you fat in case of future famine."

Yeah, one of those deals where you stand next to them at the coffee cart and think, "Is she pushing her stomach out? Is she pregnant?" Then you realize, nope, she's just getting fat.

I'd love to know their mindset when getting getting dressed for work in the morning, are they oblivious of their expanding figures? are they conscious of it? are they too tired or lazy to mitigate it, or do they care?

I think, of course, that they are aware of their weight gain, but not aware that the scale is going up and up and up and up - until they see a video from a family gathering or something. 

What happens, then, if you are a really busy person, say, a woman with a full-time job and a husband and a kid or two or three, you tell yourself you'll start a diet after the holidays or something, and you buy new clothes because you need clothes that fit.

You get these new clothes and if you work in an office and you dress nice, the clothes are sweet - what lady doesn't like something nice and new to wear? So if you're say, a size 10 and you go up to a size 14 or 16, there are still some very stylish clothing choices out there.

In the meantime, as you get bigger, the old clothes you used to wear aren't even on the map anymore, but you don't know it because last time you tried them on, they were realllly tight but the buttons closed. You don't realize that those pants don't even go halfway up your thighs anymore.

Ok, now you've got great clothes, and you proceed with your daily life. You don't get any more exercise than you did, and you eat whatever you want  - maybe you forgo a muffin one morning, and that's your "diet" but at night, after the kids are in bed and you're in your comfy clothes, here come the crackers, the cheese, maybe some cookies, maybe a glass of milk. For about three hours straight you keep snacking, every night.

And you keep on growing!

If your husband is smart, he doesn't open his mouth, and you just get bigger and bigger.  If he likes it, of course, he helps!

My GF still has her size 2 jeans...even though she's a 10-12.  She just likes to look at them, I guess.

Guest Rüdiger

Ok, I asked someone about this, someone who I know who gained weight because of sitting all day at work and then in front of the tube at night, for months/years and suddenly none of your skirts zip and you are busting out of your bra.

She said that it's different if you're single or married. She said when you're married, your husband has to know you'll gain at least some weight over time, and so will he. It's natural as you age, and sit at a desk unless you are neurotic both about food and weight gain, and that sucks for everyone when wifey won't eat, and is up every day at 5 AM to go run, and gets cranky if her thighs touch or there are bumps where there used to be none.

She said unless someone really protests when you get fat, you just deal. You try to watch what you eat best you can, you go for your walks when you can, but unless your husband either makes hints or actually sits down and says, "I have a problem with your weight," or never gets hard anymore, you assume all is well. You are still the owner of the vagina in the house, whether what surrounds it is skinny or fat, and your man wants that thang a few times a week. If you give him what he wants and you aren't at each other's throats for some other reason, it's not the end of the world if you're not 110 pounds all through your 30s and 40s.

Truly, there is more important shit in life, she said.

There is certainly a lot of validity to the point about being aware they’re putting on the pounds, but not necessarily aware of the finite changes on the scale. In my experience, there always seems to be some sort of breaking point where a milestone is crossed, and suddenly they decide the hop on the scale. The result is usually something that is shocking, even though subconsciously they knew a noticeable amount of weight was being piled on. A picture is usually a pretty good indicator.

The former athlete that I wrote about admitted to being willfully ignorant about what was happening to her. She would notice a couple of pounds here and there, but avoided facing facts about what was happening. She would even change with her eyes closed, knowing full well that her physique had been changing quite drastically at the time. This included recognizing that some of her favorite jeans and pants were getting obscenely tight. One of the things she slowed down on doing once she began putting on the weight was going out as much. Most of her favorite outfits were simply too tight, or just did not fit her anymore.

To quote her directly, “it’s embarrassing to get ready to go out and have your boyfriend walk in on you while you’re at war with your pants, because you can’t get them buttoned.”

There was an overarching physical weakness that she felt as well. She both lived and worked on the third floor, so she would find herself short of breath quite a bit going up those flights of stairs. It was almost as if she not only put on 30 pounds, but lose some lean fat burning muscle in the meantime, likely replacing that with a fair amount of pudge of as well.

Outside of splitting her pants, snowboarding was a more challenging activity in general, and something she has cut back on majorly. It’s almost as if the office is a self-fulfilling prophecy, as getting sedentary only caused her to become even more sedentary. In the case of this girl, she became less apt to even bother working out, because she was embarrassed at how far her fitness had slipped. It didn’t help either, as she put it, “I get winded so fast and everything SHAKES. It’s embarassing!”

She divulged a few tricks she’s used to hide her weight gain, like placing her purse in front of her belly when out in public, or putting a pillow in front of her while sitting on the couch, all in an effort to conceal how much she had porked out. Surprising to me was that she avoided shopping altogether, unless absolutely necessary, and would wear dresses over her pants in order to conceal her muffin top, or worse, the fact she had to leave the top button undone. Avoiding the beach and night life certainly helped her avoid having the changes noticed by too many people, outside of close friends and co-workers. .

I guess it was a photo taken next to a coworker that finally prompted her to get on a scale and weigh in. She stripped down to her underwear to weigh in, and when she opened her eyes, she was shocked that “162” was looking right back at her. Of course, that caused her to finally stand in front of the mirror and examine all the changes that had occurred to her body in the process of gaining over 30 pounds. This included a soft paunch lolling over the top of a pair of ill-fitting panties, a much larger ass that caused a perma-wedgie whenever she walked, toneless upper arms, thicker and more portly thighs, and even appreciably bigger and less defined calf muscles. She never anticipated, in her entire life, that she would ever break into the 160s. And she has stayed there ever since.

The never ending supply of work to do, office sweets to consume, and dwindling fitness haven’t exactly prompted her to slow down either. Nor did pairs of size 4s and size 6s that now wouldn’t go over the top over knees.

Thanks a lot maxymumspider and rudiger for this analyze of women' behavior. It is so well observed ! I recognize a lot of my girl friend attituds ! I also remember when she started getting a round belly and was trying some dress or skirt and was looking at her in the mirror saying "I have not that much of a belly", but at the same time she was sucking it in at her maximum ! I always wondered whether she was conscious or not that she did got a very noticeable belly when not sucking it in !

Chris was a newlywed with a boyish figure and a love for bicycling when she started at the office. At first we worked together daily, but before long she moved to another floor and I saw her only occasionally.

I hadn't seen her for a long time when one summer day I saw her riding her bike when I was driving. I didn't immediately realize it was her, because the girl riding the bike was bigger, her chunky legs dimpled with cellulite and quaking slightly as she pedalled.

I next saw Chris one evening months later when I went to pick up a takeout order. She was dining in with her husband and friends, and didn't see me as I waited for my order.

Her figure was boyish no longer. Her jutting breasts caused her shirt buttons to pull, creating noticeable gaps around them. Her cheeks were round and the dimples in her cheeks seemed more pronounced. From my vantage point I could see rolls of back fat and a muffin top, barely contained by her tight top.

Moreover, she was popping squares of pizza into her mouth in almost embarrassly rapid succession. She hardly took time to chew one piece before another passed through her lips.

Then came the letdown. Chris obviously became aware of her burgeoning body and

(Continued) decided to diet. When I next saw her, she was nearly as fit as the day I met her. I figured she must be one of those girls who have a brief gain but are able to permanently regain their slender forms. I didn't see her around the building and kind of forgot her.

Then there was the day in the company cafeteria.

As I entered for lunch one day, Chris was exiting. She was carrying a load of food so large she could hardly balance it, apparently taking her food back upstairs to her desk. It wasn't just loads of food she was carrying. Chris looked thicker, more rotund than ever before. Clearly the weight loss was fleeting.

(Continued) As the months passed, Chris widened. Clothes grew too tight and were replaced by others that also quickly grew too tight. Her hips and thighs swelled inside her blue jeans. One day I actually saw her pop the button on her waistband, instinctively reaching out in an attempt to grab it before anyone noticed.

She quit work and became a stay-at-home mom, but returned for an office party a year or so later wearing shorts, her chunky legs jiggling with every step. We spoke and she ruefully said she was going to start dieting, "to lose all this weight I've gained." But she ate copiously at the party, any thoughts of dieting apparently pushed aside.

Three years have passed since then. The photos she posts on social media show a happy, smiling mom with a double chin and a thick roll of soft fat gathered around her midriff. Her hips bulge inside her shorts, which still betray hefty thighs that rub together.

The lean athlete is long ago in the past, as is the brief moment when she dieted her way back to relative slimness. The transformation to fat housewife seems complete.

• 1 year later...

Yesterday morning, two women in my office, one older and one younger, not long out of college, were discussing their respective weight problems.

The older one was complaining that she's put on 30 lbs in just the last few months.  She sounded a little bewildered and upset as she wasn't eating any differently or hadn't changed any habits, but her weight had just been going up.  She didn't know why nor what she could do.

The younger one then mentioned that she'd been trying to eat more protein and make regular breakfast a habit to control her own weight.  The older woman said, "You don't look like you need to lose any weight."

But it's funny she said so since just last week, a co-worker of mine commented about the young woman's weight saying, "Shawna's gained weight."

"Has she?" I responded.

"Yeah, like a lot!" my co-worker said.

As this comment sparked my curiosity, I looked up "Shawna's" social media and discovered that just a year or so ago she was straight up SKINNY.  When she first entered the office a number of months ago, she was already curvy, with hips and a butt that caught my eye.  But of recent that butt has become a plump, bouncy bubble, she has dramatically contoured love-handles, and she's just looking thick all over!

Thinking back, too, Shawna only started working here about three months ago, which is also the time frame for the older woman's gain.  I don't know if there's some link, or if it's just coincidence.  I do know, however, that various people have been bringing in large bags of snacks to the office, cookies, candy, baked goods, chips, chocolate and pop-tarts, etc.  And these snacks disappear remarkably fast!  Don't know who, but someone's been eating them!

What I've noticed recently is a lot office girls try to mitigate this newly acquired office weight by going to post work yoga classes or whatever. They leave work still looking formal and professional from the waist up but squeeze into spandex/yoga pants on the way to the gym from the office. It's great seeing their widening buns wobble behind their widening pear hips gained from sitting on their arse all day.

They then only do light stretching to easy yoga moves in a gym class with 20 other similarly proportioned women, and even though, it's not strenuous exercise, I somehow think they convince themselves it is, so the weight goes nowhere

Yesterday morning, two women in my office, one older and one younger, not long out of college, were discussing their respective weight problems.

The older one was complaining that she's put on 30 lbs in just the last few months.  She sounded a little bewildered and upset as she wasn't eating any differently or hadn't changed any habits, but her weight had just been going up.  She didn't know why nor what she could do.

The younger one then mentioned that she'd been trying to eat more protein and make regular breakfast a habit to control her own weight.  The older woman said, "You don't look like you need to lose any weight."

But it's funny she said so since just last week, a co-worker of mine commented about the young woman's weight saying, "Shawna's gained weight."

"Has she?" I responded.

As this comment sparked my curiosity, I looked up "Shawna's" social media and discovered that just a year or so ago she was straight up SKINNY.  When she first entered the office a number of months ago, she was already curvy, with hips and a butt that caught my eye.  But of recent that butt has become a plump, bouncy bubble, she has dramatically contoured love-handles, and she's just looking thick all over!

Thinking back, too, Shawna only started working here about three months ago, which is also the time frame for the older woman's gain.  I don't know if there's some link, or if it's just coincidence.  I do know, however, that various people have been bringing in large bags of snacks to the office, cookies, candy, baked goods, chips, chocolate and pop-tarts, etc.  And these snacks disappear remarkably fast!  Don't know who, but someone's been eating them!

Sounds like Shawna and the older one have become the office garbage disposals  ;)

Sounds like Shawna and the older one have become the office garbage disposals  ;)

Update on that story:

Shawna recently took a trip to the grocery store and came back with various items to stock the fridge and cupboards.  Her dresses are looking tight!

And this morning, when a coworker was talking to the other woman, Liz, he mentioned that there was fruit she could eat with her danish, she replied, "Fruit on my danish... You know, all least week I was dieting.  I ended up gaining three pounds!  This just keeps going on!"

Plus, the Christmas sweets are literally piled up on the countertop at the office right now.  :D

They then only do light stretching to easy yoga moves in a gym class with 20 other similarly proportioned women, and even though, it's not strenuous exercise, I somehow think they convince themselves it is, so the weight goes nowhere

One of the appeals of yoga is that it can be practiced casually or seriously, and by people of all different sizes and levels of fitness.  Yoga isn't an effective weight loss method by itself.  But I do think it has overall benefits on one's well-being and health.

Also, one of their coworkers was just eating cookies, offering some to Liz and Shawna, who refused, and then taunting them about it.  "You've never had a cookie from so and so?  There so good!  You don't know the fun you're missing!" etc.

"Why are you so evil?" one of them replied.

"Has she?" I responded.

I just hope that you are going to post a thread at Curvy Girl Picture Compilation about Shawna :)

What would you say their heights and weights are?

Hm, I'm not very good with this sort of thing.  They're both around 5'4".  Liz wheres frumpy clothes, so I can't really say.  Shawna might be approaching 150 lbs.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't close enough to hear everything they said, but I've at least gathered that Shawna and Liz have discussed weight/weight loss at least a couple times in the last two weeks.  Pretty much everyone else in the office is slim, so these two are alone with their curvy girl problems.    Shawna's been eating salads and from what she says, regularly (or at least occasionally) exercises after work.

Not that I've noticed a difference in her figure.  She looks fantastically plump in her skin-tight dresses.  Up close you can see how her belly and love handles bulge out beneath the fabric.

That's all I have to report.