Girls talking about their weight v2

• Moderators

College, how I miss you - so many memories of this kind of stuff. Didn't help I was the resident assistant of a Freshman hall that was 80% female  ;D

I recall two Freshman women rooming together that were the future sorority type. They were fairly thin at the start of the year, just a hint of curves. By the end of the first semester they had each put on 10-15 lbs and it was noticeable as they were only 5' 5" or so. The one night I happened to be talking to them and they asked me if they looked like they were getting fat. They started doing the typical exaggerated gestures, like sticking out their stomachs and grabbing them, puffing out their cheeks. I told them they looked fine, I didn't even really notice - which I hope you all know is a blatant lie. They then went on to talk about all the bad food they eat at the dining halls. I knew a lot of their extra calories were coming from their partying at the frat houses, but I couldn't say anything like that given the implications. So I asked what they were eating for lunch and dinner at the dining halls. They listed off things like cheese fries, fried chicken wraps with ranch dressing, cheese and bacon, pizza, burgers... all the stuff that guarantees the Freshman 15.

The rest of the year they probably put on another 10 or so pounds each. However, they continued to wear their skimpy spaghetti strap shirts (which showed their midriff) and pajama pants when they were chilling in the hall for the night. You could tell they were getting really soft, definitely chubby. I'm still not sure if it was a case of laziness or if they really were cool with the Freshman 15.