Is being an FA/chubby chaser becoming more acceptable?

Or at least more common. Five years ago if my preference towards larger gals ever came up in conversation, I would get raised eyebrows to say the least. In the last year or so, I have noticed a sharp decline in that kind of behavior. I also have had a few old friends suddenly...fairly bluntly...tell me how hot they think my VERY plus sized wife is. So my question is this, is this becoming more mainstream?

It's more likely related to the fact that you and your friends are more mature about it. I doubt the overall opinion is any different to what it was a decade or more ago.

I think so, too.

I also got the impression but like SayHello... said, I most likely is because you and your friends matured.

There certainly is a movement in the fashion industry with more shows with plussize models and they even bring the "accept your body" - theme up in certain media but imho our society still has a long way to go here.

When talking to people from outside my circle of friends ... well ... let's just say they're all still "not quite open minded" in general.

Guest omphpumph

Greater acceptance comes with time; it's true of many things.  It could be possible.  Listening to the winds of change, it's a little hard to tell.  To me it seems like both sides have ramped up discussion.  I hear more fat acceptance talk at the same time as I hear more obesity epidemic talk.

Maybe part of what I am experiencing is my involvement in the rockabilly subculture. There is an over all acceptance of voluptuous body types there. And also an undercurrent of fat fetishism at times.

However this is still something I have seen beyond my scenester friends. So I am not 100 percent sure.

A simple way of looking at this is that there are more fat people than ever before (here in Finland, too), which means lots of men have relationships with overweight women, whether they are FAs or not. Despite the pervasiveness of the skinny ideal, many women do not and are never going to fit it. Finland is a country where weight loss is strongly encouraged for those who are overweight, but looking at young Finnish women today, I wish I, too, were young: the situation has never been better for men who like body fat on women.

While I have certainly heard anti-fat remarks made about various women, I've never heard anyone made fun of for dating (or marrying, or whatever) a fat woman.

I'm sure those remarks do happen, but I don't know that it's ever been that common.

Actually it doesn't even make sense. Seems to me if you prefer slim women you'd want other guys to date the fat ones and leave more slim ones for you to choose from!

I suspect things are getting a bit better just because more and more young women are overweight so it's slowly being normalised by sheer force of numbers.

But let's not kid ourselves that things are just peachy.  I still hear a more or less constant stream of highly negative remarks about fat women and their inferiority from pretty much all my colleagues and circle of friends, who span a wide range of ages, and I would still feel a marked sense of awkwardness introducing a fat chick as my girlfriend.

I'd definitely say it's becoming more accepted thanks to the internet and so much more people being fat. I remember there being this huge fitness movement a decade ago, in America at least. I have to wonder if rise in the amount of fat people has something to do with the media pressuring people to the point that they actually did work their asses off. Or maybe it's just that people sit on their fattening asses on computers all day and night now more than ever.

Guest primitive

It could be maturation of people around you, but to me it seems like more people are open to the idea of it. I'd go as far to say that most straight men I meet prefer a chubby or slightly girl over someone who's rail thin.

I still hear a more or less constant stream of highly negative remarks about fat women and their inferiority from pretty much all my colleagues and circle of friends, who span a wide range of ages, and I would still feel a marked sense of awkwardness introducing a fat chick as my girlfriend.

That's our Flamins, still afraid to be seen with a fat girl in public.

I suspect things are getting a bit better just because more and more young women are overweight so it's slowly being normalised by sheer force of numbers.

But let's not kid ourselves that things are just peachy.  I still hear a more or less constant stream of highly negative remarks about fat women and their inferiority from pretty much all my colleagues and circle of friends, who span a wide range of ages, and I would still feel a marked sense of awkwardness introducing a fat chick as my girlfriend.

I was gonna shoot you down with a predictable insult, but fuck it. At least you're honest.

Aim for the chubby zone that FAs and non-FAs alike can agree feels pretty fucking good.

Guest lanceypants

I'm going to have to agree with you on this. I went to the lake the other day, holey snikeys!! Chubby girls everywhere in bikinis!

I've noticed at well.

I received similar treatment up until the last few years.

I noticed immediately when people less shy about loving larger girls, and now if you look at any before/after diet campaign, most comments will actually you how disgusted they are by the newer, slimmer girl

Guest omphpumph

A big part of it is probably determined by general weight inflation.  I read somewhere recently that a significant portion of overweight American women don't see themselves as overweight, at least in terms of BMI.  Instead they view themselves as normal weight.  But that's where the study/article was confusing.  The point is, the average American women IS overweight.  If she's 10 pounds above average, that makes her obese.  The measures for overweight aren't really helpful at all, though.  Going by BMI, the average US woman in 1960 was also overweight.

Aside from the fact that these statistics are bogus, women are generally quite larger today than they ever were before.  Chubby either is or very soon will be the new normal.  For all the young women I see today, let's say roughly 20 or so years of age, the large majority of them are pretty average in weight and size.  Nonetheless, 50-60 years ago, most would have been considered fat, chubby, or at least plump.

If it's not more accepted, it's at least more normal.

I guess it makes sense since the number of overweight people continues to climb.  I for one do not want to see overweight people being the norm.  I think that our world is a better place with a variety of shapes and sizes.  I can't really say I have a preference of size.  I have been attracted to both smaller and larger women, each one of them having there own personal sex appeal that I was attracted to.

I guess it makes sense since the number of overweight people continues to climb.  I for one do not want to see overweight people being the norm.  I think that our world is a better place with a variety of shapes and sizes.  I can't really say I have a preference of size.  I have been attracted to both smaller and larger women, each one of them having there own personal sex appeal that I was attracted to.

I totally agree.