FIFA World Cup - Brazil 2014

FedeIsBack

I've been burned one too many times picking Germany.

Germany was supposed to be a team that would melt in Brazil's tropics. Instead it scored 4 without a striker in lineup. After all, it was not that bad.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fuck's Sake! If they start Rooney for the next England match I'm just not going to bother watching them for the rest of the tournament, it'll be a waste of time.

He's been shit as an international for years and looks set to continue his piss poor 2010 performance again. They've brought in great potential with some of the younger players, but completely let them down with players like him. Honestly what's the fascination with him? Won't pass when he should, poor positioning and anticipation and would probably miss a goal even if the ball was sitting on the goal-line.

Sideline experienced players like Terry, Cole, Ferdinand and increasingly Lampard, yet leave an A-Grade shyster like him in the team...

Your problem is not Rooney. Wayne is a very good player and he has proved that consistently over the last few years in the best football league in the world. He's much better than Danny Welbeck, Andy Caroll or even Rickie Lambert.

Your problem is the balance in the game. You have great players like Wilshere, Henderson, Sturridge or Sterling but they need clear tactics and most importantly defensive patterns. Just look how Balotelli made the 2-1, that was shit defending and you've been doing that since decades. Cahill and Jagielka aren't bad defenders as well as Johnson and Baines, you were just trying so hard to score some goals without keeping in mind that the defensive tactics of the whole team is the main thing in modern football.

And please British fans, fuck off with your all time heroes Terry, Ferdinand or Lampard they are waaay over their zenith and they always disappointed in all areas you could disappoint. They only loved to play for great money in the PL. Leave it to hungry lads like Sturridge, this guy is the man to be cheered to.

Germany was supposed to be a team that would melt in Brazil's tropics. Instead it scored 4 without a striker in lineup. After all, it was not that bad.

Misleading score. Makes Germany look much better than they were, even though they were good. We played like it was some friendly match (like it's ever since this coach took over).

They only loved to play for great money in the PL. Leave it to hungry lads like Sturridge, this guy is the man to be cheered to.

I agree. Honestly, this new line up makes me want to root for England more than the older generation ever did.

Misleading score. Makes Germany look much better than they were, even though they were good. We played like it was some friendly match (like it's ever since this coach took over).

Indeed a misleading score. Germany indeed played surprisingly well. But that early penalty - let's say no more than 30% of the referees would have awarded it. THAT SHIT MUST STOP!! The red card for Pepe - stupid behavior from Pepe, but that was only an indication of a head butt, and Müller played the cry baby (what he always does!). Not necessarily a red card either. As well Portugal had to replace Almeida quite early... On some days you're just fucked!

The red card for Pepe - stupid behavior from Pepe, but that was only an indication of a head butt, and Müller played the cry baby (what he always does!). Not necessarily a red card either.

He didn't cry at all. He was sitting quietly on the turf rummaging around his own mouth. It obviously hurt enough for Müller to stop to assess the damage. To attack Müller (however lightly) right in front of the referee stretches the definition of stupidity. Any use of the head in which contact is made has to lead to a dismissal, because to allow a "soft" butt invites players to go in hard and then argue about "degree" with the match officials. Besides, Pepe has previous.

He didn't cry at all. He was sitting quietly on the turf rummaging around his own mouth. It obviously hurt enough for Müller to stop to assess the damage. To attack Müller (however lightly) right in front of the referee stretches the definition of stupidity.

Ok. I got the succession of incidents a little mixed up. Müller played the crybaby when Pepe's arm touched his chin a little in the situation before. That was ridiculous. And as i said before, Müller is always doing that. Last time prominently in the Champions League semifinal against Real Madrid. German commentators called that "clever", i say it's hurting the sport. Pepe's "headbutt" actually was just pushing Müller's head aside a little, Müller didn't show a reaction at that moment. Yes, completely stupid from Pepe, but red cards are not meant to be given for stupidity.

In the bigger i think all this shit is just ridiculous. Any crucial situation should lead to a 3 min interruption. A supervisor/technician should be there, getting the video replays ready and show them to the referee. That would be even cheaper than their super high tech goal-line technology. As long as that doesn't happen, i can't take this sport serious.

Her's a GIF i made from the footage i could find after a quick search

crybabybiz2qhehd.gif

German commentators called that "clever", i say it's hurting the sport.

Just like foul play. However, we see it all the time. Nothing at all compared to Italians or Argentinians. They are crying permanently.

Pepe's "headbutt" actually was just pushing Müller's head aside a little, Müller didn't show a reaction at that moment. Yes, completely stupid from Pepe, but red cards are not meant to be given for stupidity.

It was an assault, no matter how "soft" it was. Pepe grew up in Brazil where this kind of behavior is usual to provoke other players so they do something stupid and get a yellow or even the red card. However, the World Cup is slightly different from the Brazilian league. It even caused him a lot of trouble in Europe.

In the bigger i think all this shit is just ridiculous. Any crucial situation should lead to a 3 min interruption. A supervisor/technician should be there, getting the video replays ready and show them to the referee. That would be even cheaper than their super high tech goal-line technology. As long as that doesn't happen, i can't take this sport serious.

That would turn football into a stop-and-go game like American football with commercial breaks within the game. That's totally lame and no one would watch it anymore. It would kill football. Factual decisions taken by the referee cannot be overruled and that's what makes football interesting.

I just looked up his history of violence, it's hilarious.

Belgium totally sucked the first 70 minutes. However, they turned the game and won.

The one against that Getafe player was the 'best'.

And Belgium was just as i expected, not much of a team, wins the match due to a handfull of players at best.

That would turn football into a stop-and-go game like American football with commercial breaks within the game. That's totally lame and no one would watch it anymore. It would kill football. Factual decisions taken by the referee cannot be overruled and that's what makes football interesting.

I don't want an American Football situation with commercial breaks either. There are other options. When i think about it again, these interruptions could be shorter than i said originally.. The replays could be casted to the existing big displays. There could be a rule that each team can request only 2 such interruptions per halftime. Additionally a video supervisor could suggest interruptions to the referee. Such video revaluation of situations shouldn't take much longer than interruptions because of injuries.

It's just that i don't want to see such shit happen like the penalty that Fred got awarded. I switched the tv off after that and didn't watch the following matches. Thus missed the ridiculous decisions in the Mexico - Cameroon match  ;D 

There could be a rule that each team can request only 2 such interruptions per halftime. Additionally a video supervisor could suggest interruptions to the referee. Such video revaluation of situations shouldn't take much longer than interruptions because of injuries.

It's just that i don't want to see such shit happen like the penalty that Fred got awarded. I switched the tv off after that and didn't watch the following matches. Thus missed the ridiculous decisions in the Mexico - Cameroon match  ;D 

Would this make the game more fair and help the smaller teams?

Of course, therefore, now happening soon ;D

I'm watching Mexico-Brasil hoping the latter fails to impress. Or score.

You can thanks Ochoa for the result of the game. Although I've been overall impressed by the lack of fear or complexes of Mexico against one of the supposedly best teams in the world, their goalkeeper was clearly the best player of the game.

As for Belgium, I'm impressed by the difference between the last 15 minutes and the rest of the game indeed. If they manage to play even only a full half-time like this, they could go far. But that's a big "if".

You can thanks Ochoa for the result of the game. Although I've been overall impressed by the lack of fear or complexes of Mexico against one of the supposedly best teams in the world, their goalkeeper was clearly the best player of the game.

As for Belgium, I'm impressed by the difference between the last 15 minutes and the rest of the game indeed. If they manage to play even only a full half-time like this, they could go far. But that's a big "if".

Agreed. I kind of want Mexico to pass. I might be a little biased though, since they have two players from FC Porto.

Up to the semi-finals of the champions' league, I predicted the demise of Spain and the final victory of Germany.

But now, I'm not so sure, especially about the second part of the statement.

Germany still hasn't won the World Cup, but I think Spain is indeed meeting its demise...

I honestly don't know what to think of Spain's early demise. I mean, they didn't  go 2010 France on us and straight up quit. Perhaps, this could be attributed to the fact their first two games were against a team that was looking to settle a score and another trying to fuck shit up?

I honestly don't know what to think of Spain's early demise. I mean, they didn't  go 2010 France on us and straight up quit. Perhaps, this could be attributed to the fact their first two games were against a team that was looking to settle a score and another trying to fuck shit up?

They were completely outplayed by Netherlands and everything fell apart. Let's face it, their 11 are not in good shape and most of them are on their 30s, while the coach prooobably should have see this coming. Didn't manage to turn things around though, maybe it's time for a smaller job, if one at all.

They were completely outplayed by Netherlands and everything fell apart. Let's face it, their 11 are not in good shape and most of them are on their 30s, while the coach prooobably should have see this coming. Didn't manage to turn things around though, maybe it's time for a smaller job, if one at all.

They need to change up their style. You can't expect a bunch of 30 year olds to execute a run and gun style and be successful.