Mayara Russi

Guest rorogo

• 2 weeks later...

I know its kinda of a double post, with these 3 videos also being in the Leka Lopes thread, but they really do deserve the double exposure so to speak.

Mayara enters 38 seconds and Leka at 4:23 and as I also said in the Leka post, watch all of the videos in full. so much hotness, I don´t know the names of the other models.

Mayara enters at 47 seconds and Leka 4 minutes.

Leka enters at 3:31 and Mayara 4:58

So while it seems like the vibe coming from the brazilian plus size market is pretty inclusive size wise, with bigger plus size models like Mayara Russi and Leka Lopes getting lots of work, this article shows what Mayara for example is working with. There are still dicks working in that industry behind the scenes.

The article is ofcourse in portuguese, so I used google translate, but I hope the message is somewhat understandable and maybe one of our Curvage members can clarify if something is lost in translation.

Edit: I can´t seem to change the size of what I copy pasted

so the headline of the article goes by:  Plus size model is humiliated because of weight and reveals suffering: 'that manta'

Link: https://www.tvprime.com.br/noticia/25312/reality-show/modelo-plus-size-e-humilhada-por-causa-do-peso-e-revela-sofrimento-aquela-jamanta-19022020

Mayara Russi , protagonist of the reality show Beleza GG broadcast on channel E! , is a plus size model, and was a recent victim of a prejudiced attack because of her weight. The offenses occurred within the work environment, when being humiliated by one of the producers who fired insults at his physique. Dejected by the episode, the young woman claims to have been shaken, in addition to suffering a profound fall in her self-esteem.

Model is target of fatophobia

“I was in a parade with skinny and fat. I turned my back, he [the fashion producer] did not see that I had not left and said: 'It is difficult to wear that blanket' ” , reported Mayara in an interview for the Notícias da TV portal. “As much as we have self-esteem, hearing these things hurt,” continued the model. She exposed facing a daily struggle for acceptance of her own body, a task that is not always easy.

From the beginning of her career, Mayara remembers having suffered prejudices. When she arrived at the workplace, no one thought she was one of the models. On the contrary, they insinuated that it was one of the treadmills, or else was in the company of someone else, all because of prejudice against his body.

It was thanks to her work in the fight against fatophobia that Mayara accepted to expose her life publicly on the E! Reality show. The idea is to change the common mentality, rooted in prejudice against people considered fat.

On another site who also ran this story, Mayara informed that season 2 of Beleza GG is set to air in august and that they are hoping for a season 3.

I hope Mayara can overcome those bad experiences where people are being cruel behind the scenes.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, steveblack341(2.0) said:

This is the fattest she has been in years! 😍

DE9116AD-7127-4FC4-B0BB-3D796B6E7960.jpeg

What a belly

1 hour ago, Desdinova said:

Pega esse click de @daniloborgesfoto e essa batata da perna definida 🤣🤣🤣.jpg

and what a butt, Mayara sure is magnificent

Also I noticed this article from the other day when it was Womens international day, Mayara said a lot of interesting things in the article, now I can´t seem to copypaste it so I will just leave a link and a very brief summary

Mayara talk about being a feminist and the generational fight, she talk a little bit about the prejustice she and other models face, at some point she mentioned in general how its frowned upon if a model or woman gains an inch around the waist.

She mentioned the old system of how to percievy beauty is broken on only thin is worthy so to speak.

Mayara also  says an i quote  "Back in the past centuries, painters painted curvy women in the paintings, because it was a beauty reference, or they said that those who were fatter were healthier because they ate better"

To that I say, you just keep that mindset Mayara, she really did abandon her mission and plan to get down to 80-85 kg/ 176-187 lbs range., interesting tho is that she has not mentioned her own weight in 1 ½ year, since she in the fall of 2018 said she weighed 118 kg/ 260 lbs.

Oh and here is the link to the article: https://f5.folha.uol.com.br/celebridades/2020/03/mayara-russi-diz-que-ja-sofreu-para-ser-magra-e-que-mulheres-querem-igualdade-e-reconhecimento.shtml I recommend using Google Translate.

So this post is a bit of a throwback to the small fashion show Mayara participated in back in mid February.

I stumbled up a video on Leka Lopes youtube channel with some decent behind the scenes shots of Mayara, I will post the video too if any of you want to take better sceencaps than I was able to, because I did take screencaps, they are not great quality wise, but the content is great.

What I love about BTS videos is we also  get the "unflattering" but really really hot angles

wp_ss_20200320_0002.thumb.png.95511e741c33431d06bb92572f24bf8a.png

Mayara almost looks pregnant in some of these screencaps, but we know the real reason behind the glorious big belly.

wp_ss_20200320_0003.thumb.png.a4bdd06b053cc46e2f744ae93afde4f0.png

wp_ss_20200320_0004.thumb.png.64dfb921bb611b420f7e604fd8a467a5.png

wp_ss_20200320_0005.thumb.png.83deaf137e9d8b5ea9f3ea52d351dd09.png

wp_ss_20200320_0006.thumb.png.4e833e0ea864cd362de077404737f6ad.png

wp_ss_20200320_0007.thumb.png.70c09d29e18e70a5c34f5fdf8666cf74.png

wp_ss_20200320_0008.thumb.png.fa4aef71d29ad0b1e9754435cee5ebb3.png

Here is the video, I timestamped it around the good Mayara stuff.