Let's have another Southern California Meet-Up!!!!

KFD

Alright Southern California kids, let's get another Curvage meet set up!

Vennie comes stateside in April, but lets do something in the next few weeks. I come home at the end of this week, so starting next week, the Los Angeles Metro area is no longer KFD-free!

I've been bouncing a few ideas off AlyssaXO (who was a BIG help the last meetup we had at Bixby Park in Long Beach), and these are what we came up with...

Santa Monica has a Third Street Promenade in close proximity to the famed Santa Monica Pier, and the Venice boardwalk. We could do a lunch meet and greet at one of the cool restaurants on the Promenade, and go see a movie, shopping, or where ever the day takes us!

Another idea is a beach day, and the great part about that, is we have plenty of it! Fat Girls and a nice sunny day (Okay, it's So-Cal ::) ) sounds like pure win to me.

We also have an abundance of amusement parks here! Six Flags is wonderful for the minority who live close to Ventura, but with Knott's and Disney right off the five freeway, our Orange County Curvagites would love that. We also have Universal Studios centrally located for everyone...

Last on the list would leave our younger users out, but we could do a Curvage mob between bars and clubs. I realize that Santa Barbara is quite a drive, but have no fear. The Hermosa Strip is accessible, and Huntington Beach has quite a few nice establishments...

What say you guys? Who's in!?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that's a pretty good idea! I was thinking of maybe hitting up one of these meets... I've been lurking on here for a few years, so I think it could be cool to meet some folks!

I actually live in Santa Monica. My only thing would be parking sure is a nightmare around here... the pier is pretty big, but other then that it's a pain to park anywhere else, and it's about $10 or more just to do that. But it's really pretty and always nice to be the beach! Venice has the same issue... so I'd say carpool!

I think the $100 price for Disney isn't so good. I'm all for Santa Monica!

I know it can suck but as I said, I can look into getting people signed in, so it would be free. I have quite a few friends that work there :D, as well as being a pseudo Cast Member myself. So I can get the discount tickets, but as I said, I need ot look into getting possibly getting people signed in

I know it can suck but as I said, I can look into getting people signed in, so it would be free. I have quite a few friends that work there :D, as well as being a pseudo Cast Member myself. So I can get the discount tickets, but as I said, I need ot look into getting possibly getting people signed in

A W E S O M E

How fatgirl friendly is an amusement park, honestly?

There is a pretty decent size parking structure on Pico (or Colorado) that is close to the pier and Third Street.

Too true... but still you REALLY wanna object to squishing in together with a beauty by your side :)?

Still the promenade sounds like a fantastic idea :)

If my tax refund were larger this year, or if there was a meet up say like in Denver or Chicago I would have said yes. D= I haven't been to Cali since I was like 3 years old so I hardly remember anything. Perhaps next year... =( I really do want to make it out and see people from online in the flesh.

However, you said Vennie is planning to come stateside? Where is he planning to land? Because maybe... just maybe I could dependng on where at.

Venice is cool because it's already pretty laid back... open, folks everywhere. Usually a lot going on, so it's cool to just kind of join what's going on down there. Busses drop you off, so that makes it easier then trying to park... or drop the $10 on a spot!

I remember meeting Roxxie once upon a time at a Bodacious club event :P, any luck on what/where we'll go? I kinda left Disneyland so I'm no longer working there lol, got a new job that pays a bit better and way better hours.

Promenade or beach, or just somewhere with lots of fun stuff to do, maybe a mini-golf place then? Paintball? Laser tag? or any number of things?

If AmateurArt shows up, I'm in... the problem is I can't afford to travel and lodge and pay for theme park admission. Somethings gotta give.

Also weighing the concept of moving to LA again. My car is shot and I'm sick of wasting my $ on a piece of shit existence serving my family.