General Interests-music/movies/books/tv!

Guest Sootyeag

Guest Sootyeag

Hi! I wasn't sure if there was a post like this yet (If there was, my bad!) but I thought I'd ask -

what music have you been listening to lately?

what books have you been reading?

what tv shows/movies have you been watching?

etc. etc.

Or alternatively your favorite music/movies/tv/books in general? Just curious to people's tastes on here.  ;D

Guest Sootyeag

I figure I'll do one first on the off-chance it kickstarts this thing and if it dies well then shiiiit I guess it dies.

Favorite music-Pavement/early Modest Mouse/Elliott Smith

Been listening to-Savages/Joanna Newsom

Favorite books-Ham on Rye by Bukowski/ Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut/Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Murakami

Been reading-Haunted by Palahniuk

Favorite shows-Twin Peaks/Trailer Park Boys/Breaking Bad

Been watching- Game of Thrones I guess...I need more shows to watch, I could use recommendations :3

Favorite movies-8 1/2, The Elephant Man, Time Bandits, Naked, Trainspotting, Batman Returns

Been watching-I just watched Three Kings and thought it was awesome.

and there ya go

You should get into The Wire if you're looking for recommendations. It's the best show on television.

My favorite band is Built to Spill,

Been listening to Armand Hammer and Melt-Banana

Favorite Book: Catch-22

Reading: Making Movies by Sidney Lumet

Favorite Show: The Wire

Watching: Elementary

Favorite Movie: Cool Hand Luke

Just Watched: Computer Chess really weird movie. Before that Blue is the Warmest Color

Guest Sootyeag

I love Built to Spill haha and I've seen The Wire! Just figured I had to put that or Breaking Bad since people who haven't seen either view them as "those shows everybody recommends" haha. Love them both though

Guest Sootyeag

Right on I watched the first season of The Walking Dead and felt it was a little slow but I've heard it's gotten waaay better so I've been meaning to check it out again!

Music...well, I like a bit from a lot of folks and genres, really.

Movies the same thing--just a few days ago I watched "The World's End" for the first time. Really good movie but...not at all what I was expecting.

Books--I just finished a Doctor Who novel called "Ten Little Aliens" by Stephen Cole. It's a really good/creepy sci-fi story. Basically, imagine an Agatha Christie novel set-up, but with a bunch of gruff, military sci-fi soldiers trapped on a mysterious, hallowed-out asteroid.

Speaking of which--TV wise, I've been doing a lot of Doctor Who watching. I've been doing a rewatch of the modern series with my dad, getting him into it, in the forth season now. I've also been watching the original series online.