Re: AmateurArt Azismiss [a Curvage digression]

StuffedbellyloverChris

I hope you have a great stay with your family and friends over the holidays (despite you are an atheist) and please be safe!

An atheist? Good God!

Wilan...

it was not shot at Atheism at all... It´s just strange that people celebrate a faith-related holiday despite it´s not their faith it is all about you see? But that doesn´t mean we should exclude those people from our generousity and well wishes at all.

All the best,

Chris

I may be wrong, and may get shot down for this, but I do believe Dec 25th was originally a Pagan festival that Christians borrowed. So really, no-one has more right to celebrate than others.... it can't be said to 'belong' to anyone in particular if it's been used by different social/religious groups. So you could argue it's not really weird at all that everyone celebrates.

If you want to get really deep  into it, you could argue it's strange that atheists use our current date system, seeing as that's based around when Christ was supposedly alive. Both examples illustrate the same thing- adoption of practices by other groups than was originally intended, because it's just another thing to enjoy and celebrate. Which there is nothing wrong with  :)

Correct. The Romans called it Saturnalia.

If you want to get really deep  into it, you could argue it's strange that atheists use our current date system, seeing as that's based around when Christ was supposedly alive. Both examples illustrate the same thing- adoption of practices by other groups than was originally intended, because it's just another thing to enjoy and celebrate. Which there is nothing wrong with  :)

go around calling it the year 4.5 billion-something or try writing that on your checks and people look at you funny. sometimes you cant fight the system

I may be wrong, and may get shot down for this, but I do believe Dec 25th was originally a Pagan festival that Christians borrowed. So really, no-one has more right to celebrate than others.... it can't be said to 'belong' to anyone in particular if it's been used by different social/religious groups. So you could argue it's not really weird at all that everyone celebrates.

Yes in fact christians did that all the time. It's really usefull when you try to convert other people; that way those people are still christians and they get to keep their own traditions. As for the date system, they actually tried changing that during the French Revolution, but since people were so used to the old one it proved to be more trouble than it was worth to, so they changed it back.

I feel almost bad posting due to the comment just above this, but I wanted to let everyone know that I've been 'gone' due to simply being on holiday travels with family/friends/my girlfriend.

Feel free to check in post January 6th/7th as that is when I'll be back home and doing videos again. As it is, I don't even have access to internet all the time. (Trains and grandparents not having wi-fi etc)

To spread some good news:

Someone actually bought me a laptop with Windows. I had a Chromebook before which made recording in HD nearly impossible.

When I do return in January, it will be with an HD cam recording. Light up those 2014 fireworks and happy holidays everyone!

As if that isn't news enough, I'm spending over a week with my girlfriend. Both of us on vacation. She's mentioned making me a cake in the shape of a house. Totally not responsible for what happens to my figure as a result. *points accusing finger* It's all her fault.

I can't be the only one who remembered AA saying she was going to be gone most of the month of December. People need to relax about her absences and her views on religion. If you don't like that she's an atheist, then its simple, don't follow her. As far as why atheists "celebrate" holidays such as Christmas is because we look at it as an opportunity to spend times with close friends and family. Just like Christians do. The only difference is we don't spend any part of our day worshipping anyone. I know some of you are biting your tongues about how wrong it is to be an atheist but I would contend yore a hypocrite for preaching to anyone while on a fetish board. So please, LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC. I believe this thread was started for drooling over the sexiest woman online. Also for teasing her for being such a fat glutton who is busting out of all of her plus size clothing.

"Les filles, pas fières, sur leurs escabeaux, en l'air, savent bien que la seule chose qui tourne sur Terre, c'est leur robe légère."

Alain Souchon.

When everything goes wrong,

The very thing that is bright,

Like said in that French song,

Is their dress whirling, right?

go around calling it the year 4.5 billion-something or try writing that on your checks and people look at you funny. sometimes you cant fight the system

people don't want the year 4billion written on their checks because then the check probably won't be valid at all.  Besides it would be unruly, as a measure of the current year our modern civilization is in 2013 works pretty well, regardless of religon.

I'm an atheist, and I celebrate Christmas. To me, it isn't about the birth of Christ, though, it's about spending time with my family and giving them gifts and letting them know how much I appreciate them being in my life. 

I feel like a lot of people still celebrate Christmas in the same way, even if they don't believe in the religion. I don't feel like that's very farfetched.

I'm an atheist, and I celebrate Christmas. To me, it isn't about the birth of Christ, though, it's about spending time with my family and giving them gifts and letting them know how much I appreciate them being in my life. 

I feel like a lot of people still celebrate Christmas in the same way, even if they don't believe in the religion. I don't feel like that's very farfetched.

I'm from a family of Atheists and we celebrate Christmas the same way.  To us it's not about Christ but about family and fun.