So there's this girl...

Edmund_1

And I text her all the time, though usually when I'm drunk, which I am pretty regularly. I don't know why I always text her specifically, but she's really supportive and almost always makes time to talk to me when I need someone to talk to. I think I might love her, but at the same time, I think that might be the booze talking. I've kind of tried to tell her how I feel, but it was just part of many drunken rambling. I'm not sure what to do about her, does anyone have any advice?

Do you talk with her when you're sober, or only when you're drunk?

If you don't have much of a relationship outside of your alcohol induced stupor, there's a pretty good chance it's just lust. However that doesn't mean it's too late to start getting to know her while you are not intoxicated.

Do you talk with her when you're sober, or only when you're drunk?

If you don't have much of a relationship outside of your alcohol induced stupor, there's a pretty good chance it's just lust. However that doesn't mean it's too late to start getting to know her while you are not intoxicated.

Talking to women when not drunk? Crazy talk, woman!

First of all, while sober decide how you actually feel about her. You don't wanna tell her you feel one way and then realize you actually don't and have to hurt her if she has any feelings for you. Also, any serious conversations about your feelings for her should probably be had while you're sober. I doubt any girl is gonna take any drunken ramblings too seriously.

But that's just it, even if I manage to puzzle out how I actually feel,  I am absolutely abysmal when it comes to being emotionally honest while sober, and honestly, I'm not much better drunk.

But that's just it, even if I manage to puzzle out how I actually feel,  I am absolutely abysmal when it comes to being emotionally honest while sober, and honestly, I'm not much better drunk.

Then it sounds like you need to work on yourself before you even start to think about adding another person to your life.

Then it sounds like you need to work on yourself before you even start to think about adding another person to your life.

You're probably right, but I'm not even sure where to start with working on me, in case you couldn't tell, I'm kind of a mess.

Since you seem to have gone through it already, could you tell me how you started?

Honestly, it's been so long ago, that I don't even remember. I know it all started with me deciding I'd had enough of the state I was in and the life I was living. It's been well over 5 years now, and I'm still working on it. My story isn't the same as yours, so it all kind of depends on circumstances, mate.

However, if you feel like having a friendly talk in private, please feel free to message me and we can go into more depth on this conversation.

Edmund, I'm going to echo  Mamaison's sentiments here. Grow a pair, and accept that you like her even though for whatever reason you have to be drunk first, or grow a pair, accept the fact that you're a mess (who isn't, honestly), and take control of your life. Make excuses, or follow your passions.

Your call.