What if all fat chicks became skinny....

davidburton

I'm fully aware this is an outlandish and impossible situation in today's world.  Hypothetically though, what would happen to us FA's if almost all fat chicks chose to become thin?  Would we all become asexual?  Would we adjust to the new normal?  Would we all fight over the few fat chicks who chose to be fat? (assuming some of them did that). 

I saw some promising new medication/ surgery that can get rid of double chins by injecting something into neck fat, and that made me wonder what would happen if people could do that to other parts of their body to the point where anyone could become thin. 

There's no cure for "obesity" as it is not a disease.

I guess if that hypothetical event actually happenned, I'd be quite miserable.

Paradoxically, if there was a "cure", a lot of feedees who are afraid to gain now would feel more comfortable about getting fat or fatter, since it would be easy to lose if they changed their minds. So there would still be fat women, just fewer unhappy ones.

They would lose the psychological support of knowing that half the population is also overweight though. The only reason to be fat would be by choice, so it would draw a lot of attention and questions.

Guest flamins

I think there is a huge chance of this happening in our lifetime. 

This it the golden age of fatness right now - never before and never again were so many girls so overweight - consider yourself blessed to have lived through it.

They would lose the psychological support of knowing that half the population is also overweight though. The only reason to be fat would be by choice, so it would draw a lot of attention and questions.

Now that could lead to intrigue into the fat-by-choice community (i.e. feedees, gainers, (ss)bbws, etc.), and with it comes interest, exposure in the arts and maybe in entertainment? One could hope that's the case...

Of course, we have to consider the science behind this concept. Some chicks eat more, a lot more. Some are just big boned, some are quite muscular underneath, others genetically have more brown fat. What becomes of their voraciousness? What about the extra calories consumed if they still do have a big appetite? Are their genes changing? Overthinking, I know.

Either way with so many more thin women (assuming these women become thin and not muscular), thinness could kinda lose its appeal. one less thing to set oneself apart from the other woman. Things become kinda plain. Not saying that fat is the end-all-be-all foundation of variety, but the little variance left in terms of women's bodies will look like the key to a new dimension of uniqueness (it becomes evident when comparing 2 thin women like Miranda Kerr to Jennifer Love Hewitt). Some chicks will be tempted to exploit that variance of flesh. Some will go very far and become Jennifer Tilly-sized, then Tyra Banks-sized, then Lily Allen, then AyumiChan, then before you know it, we have a smorgasbord of heavy women again in the 200s, 300s, 400s and up.

All in all, even if this this cure was developed I have a feeling people won't use it. Consider another innovation: flying cars. They actually exist, but no one buys 'em. Why not? I think lack of regulation (designated flying areas, licensing issues, cost - partly because of little demand). People in the '60s really imagined the concept, but maybe not so passionately. They must have stopped and developed  a long lasting affection for wheels and sticking to the road, even as traffic gets worse year after year.

I think we have laser and plasma guns, but alot of people still prefer the standard firearm. Hell some people prefer bow and arrow. Hipsters want vinyl albums instead of mp3 files. Go figure.

And speaking of the future, i think the struggles and pleasures of fat chicks today won't go in vain. Their's is a message that resonates across the years. If the "master race" of thin women who populate the future see the posts dated 1997ish - 2013 or later that involve this past issue of "the obesity epidemic", they'll realize that this ain't a disease and not even an actual serious problem in many cases. They might just see the ladies as emulatable heroes...

Now that's the womens' point of view. For the male FAs, and lesbian FFAs - Jacknife and MattBrewer morphs. Get crackin' boys!

I just thought something like that yesterday, and it is not an impossible situation.

One day they might discover a cure for obesity. Fortunately if they didn't find it

in the last 50 years I don't think they manage to do it in the near future.

If they found a cure, there would still be girls who get fat on purpose.

If they found a cure, there would still be girls who get fat on purpose.

I'm sure that some more would be added just BECAUSE there is a "cure".

Besides, I very much doubt that cure would be that healthy, it almost never is and adds other issues.

I think there is a huge chance of this happening in our lifetime. 

This it the golden age of fatness right now - never before and never again were so many girls so overweight - consider yourself blessed to have lived through it.

Right - because the biggest problem in the next years will be obesity.

Something like that would mean serious biotech.

Which would mean it'd be way easier for women to get lots of muscle or grow 'natural' boobs of pinup-files proportions.

I'd be fine - bodybuilder and /or chesty women are really sexy too...

We will never have a cure for obesity simply because the entire weight loss industry would go under in a matter of months. Think of it, why would you need to go to the gym when you can just take a pill to keep you thin? Hundreds of thousands of people would be out of work, think of how it would affect the world economy! No, the cure isn't coming boys and girls. 

Something like that would mean serious biotech.

Which would mean it'd be way easier for women to get lots of muscle or grow 'natural' boobs of pinup-files proportions.

I'd be fine - bodybuilder and /or chesty women are really sexy too...

Honestly, I believe the majority of women given the choice of body type would go with rail thin and flat-chested. Something you have to think about is that if this ''cure'' were customizable you see limits to how far you can customize.

We will never have a cure for obesity simply because the entire weight loss industry would go under in a matter of months. Think of it, why would you need to go to the gym when you can just take a pill to keep you thin? Hundreds of thousands of people would be out of work, think of how it would affect the world economy! No, the cure isn't coming boys and girls.

Same with cancer and ignorance.

Basically every technical innovation in every field ever disproves your hypothesis. There's also two more economic principles to consider, just in case that isn't enough to dissuade you:

1) Generally in these circumstances said innovation creates a new industry.

2) If an advance is significant enough to wipe out an industry entirely, in the long run it's always a good thing. How else did we go from carving stone spearheads to building the LHC? In the case of an industry that exists for no purpose but to try and help people lose weight, it provides no cultural or intellectual benefit worth preserving, so if a mere tablet can fix the problem then tough luck for the diet industry, and those fuckers ought to try finding something more useful that they can provide the world with.

Honestly, I believe the majority of women given the choice of body type would go with rail thin and flat-chested.

Well, then, one would have to have some strategically situated posters of buff or chesty women in one's dwelling.

And then when the time came sometimes refuse sex, claiming headaches.

Maybe allow oneself to be seen ogling a muscular woman. Let her get mildly afraid and jealous.

(to be fair, this powerlifter appears to have mild acromegaly -notice the big nose and chin. Acromegaly is excess growth hormone due to having a (sometimes bening) hormone producing brain tumor. It's actually advantageous sometimes - my uncle has a patient he monitors who has a really small one which doesn't grow and gives him extra testosterone...)

Also: if for women, being able to benchpress 400 lbs did not involve a spending 20 hrs doing heavy resistance training in a gym( and at least a decade to achieve that level of strength), but say just 2 hours - and to boot then they could pig out because having 100 extra lbs of muscle requires extra 3000-5000 Kcals per day.

That's a lot of desserts. And I'm thinking not being physically inferior to men anymore would be pretty attractive too.

(to be fair, this powerlifter appears to have mild acromegaly -notice the big nose and chin. Acromegaly is excess growth hormone due to having a (sometimes bening) hormone producing brain tumor. It's actually advantageous sometimes - my uncle has a patient he monitors who has a really small one which doesn't grow and gives him extra testosterone...)

Also: if for women, being able to benchpress 400 lbs did not involve a spending 20 hrs doing heavy resistance training in a gym( and at least a decade to achieve that level of strength), but say just 2 hours - and to boot then they could pig out because having 100 extra lbs of muscle requires extra 3000-5000 Kcals per day.

That's a lot of desserts. And I'm thinking not being physically inferior to men anymore would be pretty attractive too.

Speak for yourself; I'd take a bulimic stick over a powerlifter any day.

Guest killershark

Speak for yourself; I'd take a bulimic stick over a powerlifter any day.

I agree I don't want women who look like Arnold Schwarzenegger...